Do you let your son play with nerf guns?

We had nerf guns but made sure we shot targets and not people or pets.

I don’t have boys but my daughter loves nerf guns! I mean she also has her own .22 too🤣

3 Likes

I didn’t Know that we assigned gender roles to nerf guns :woman_shrugging:
We absolutely play with nerf guns around here!!

1 Like

You bet we do! The boys have one whole room filled with them :grin:

Yeh cuz it’s just a toy…but he knows not to fire them at ppls faces and stuff

Yes because it’s fun? They know they are toys. They know real guns are dangerous :woman_facepalming:t3:

Yes…nerf guns can be used as toys and as a way to help teach respect for guns. They can be used to shoot people. As the kids progress to paintball, more protective equipment is worn, but can still shot at people. At the bb gun or air rifle level, no pointing at people or animals.

Yes, we all have them and we have nerf gun wars. Our kids know not to shoot someone unless they have one as well. It’s so much fun when we all play together.

My son has a bunch of nerf guns.

1 Like

My son is 18 now but he always had nerf guns and my daughter 11 had a few. They actually just got some before Christmas to play around with.

1 Like

Yes, though my girls got them first… it’s not just a boy thing. But, even though it’s not real, it can still hurt, so teach them to be resposible.

1 Like

All 6 of my kids were having a need gun war upstairs this morning. They love it. They also go hunting with real guns. They know the difference.

1 Like

Yes. We love some good family nerf gun fun. We are also a gun-friendly family though and will educate about real firearms when they are old enough. If I was against real guns, I suppose maybe my stance would be different but we are a very open family. No harm in a plastic toy :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

My kids wear the Nerf masks and shoot away :joy: we also have real guns, real bows, real bbs, ect. Raise your kid right and nothing should be off limits :woman_shrugging:t4:

12 Likes

Is this really a question?? I chase my kids around the house all while shooting nerf darts at them :woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Be careful :joy::joy: the smaller the gun the worse they are :joy: smallest ones sting like hell when your shot!

4 Likes

Yes they have a bunch. We also have plenty of real guns in the house. The kids know they can’t touch or play with them. My 5 year old also has a gun (22 long rifle)he got for his birthday. He know it’s not a toy and he only gets to shot it when I’m the proper setting and mom or dad is helping him. It’s best to teach kids young and right in my opinion.

Girl mom here and my girls love their nerf guns. Awesome family fun too when mom and dad get in on the action

2 Likes

My daughter loves nerf guns and water guns! Im 36 and i love them too :joy::joy::joy:

Yes. My boys have an entire nerd gun collection (guns, bullets, vest, shields, etc) and have legit wars, theres nothing wrong with them. They’re just toys but just make sure the boys know to not shoot each other in the face just in case they hit an eye (has happened to me few times by my nephew) my boys even have Glow in the dark nerf bullets that we bought on amazon (500 count) just teach your boys that it’s for play and that they’re not real guns.

2 Likes

Huge nerf house here! Us parents, my daughter, my boys. Team work, exercise, great fun

Yes. We all have our own sets! I love playing retrieve the flag with them. We have boxes to build walls and barracks. Even more fun with touches at night. Find bullets in the morning. Loads of fun. Nerf guns dont look like real guns and as long as its age appropriate. Get a set! Love mine

Yes my stepson loves nerf guns there’s quite a bit of accessories to get them also. Target, vests, extra bullets and we recently upgraded one of his guns and got a larger clip for it

I let my kids play with them, both my son and daughter

Me and the kids play with nerf guns coz they fun lol

1 Like

Yes and I have all girls but they love a good nerf gun war!

1 Like

Nerf guns aren’t just meant for boys. Girls can play with them as well.

1 Like

Well shoot I was gonna comment but looks like all the other mamas got this. But teach them not to shoot you in the eye :joy::joy: as I seen from the comment it’s all yes.

1 Like

Is it really a childhood without nerf wars, paint ball fights, and laser tag? If it is, it’s not a childhood I would have wanted, and I’m glad I wasn’t deprived of those activities, and I won’t be depriving my children of those activities. I’ve never once shot a real gun, nor have I had the incline to take steps to be able to . I don’t agree with other peoples reasoning to not allow it, but whatever they want to do with their kids :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

We have just about every nerf gun available to man :joy:

1 Like

Why wouldn’t you be okay with it??

1 Like

My husband and I have nurf wars even before we had kids

1 Like

Yes and they all have bb guns and each have real guns and bows

Yes. Our why isn’t super thought out lol he’s 3. He thinks it’s cool. He wants to copy his Dad. :woman_shrugging:t3: it’s really that simple
And with an emphasis on holding it, pointing, I guess it may come in handy when we introduce real guns for recreation and safety.

My 11 year old has a whole nerf gun wall set up in his room. With bows , si’s and nun chucks included … don’t know why this is even a question… why wouldn’t they be allowed? They are made for children to play with!

Yes, we each have our own collection. My son is 3 and can shoot better than my husband lol! But I’m curious why the question? If you’re on the fence or are just against guns in general, then use your own judgement.

2 Likes

Yes! I have all boys, but to be honest, I would have bought toy weapons for girls too. It’s not just for games. They can learn early and harmless to follow gun safety and only shoot for purpose. Teach them along with play.

1 Like

Yes it’s a awesome way to make memories as a family :blue_heart:

Yes. I cannot think of a reason to NOT have them.

My daughter has a nerf gun

My son is 2 and we got a bunch of little nerf guns and extra darts! It’s a family affair and so much fun!

No, but I have infants in the house who think everything is swallow-able so its a safety risk in my mind

Yes but we have boundaries. No shooting in the face and no tormenting people with them. I try to encourage target practicing for the most part unless we’re all playing nerf wars.

1 Like

Uh yes, many. He also has an air soft BB gun.

Yes. My oldest two love nerf guns. I understand why you’re asking but you’ve gotta teach them gun safety!

My 7yo daughter loves them. We have simple rules no shooting in the face or at animals. And no shooting in the room where baby sister is. Other then that she has free reign of them.

1 Like

Depends on the age; only because my son still likes to put them in his mouth an bite off the bullets. ITS NOT REAL. The kids will know what they like and don’t like.

My son leaned to shoot white a ass kicking if he fucked up

We have an entire toy box dedicated to nerf guns! Started buying them when my son was 2. We love them

1 Like

My stepdaughter and niece’s love to play with our nerves gun collection (husband is a big kid). We have rules though not aiming for the head and whoever breaks that rule has to wait 2 mins before rejoining the game (obviously depending on the severity or intent of who broke the rule).

1 Like

My kids wear face masks and play with their pap.

However, they also know it’s a fake gun. And never ever pick up anything other than nerf

Yes. Son and daughter…because why not!? That’s my view. I’m not worried about my children growing up and becoming serial killers.

2 Likes

Wasnt aware kids needed a penis to play nerf guns :unamused::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Any weapons are fine! Best thing to do is teach them young between toys & real ones! It will prevent a lot of accidents! Besides they are just toys… they are kids! Hell join them!

1 Like

Yeah mines 5 he’s got nurf guns, axes, bat’s, guns, plastic knives, he likes to kill zombies :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

My son was aloud to play with nerf guns. Our rule was no shooting toward the face/head.

2 Likes

Absolutely!!! We had Nerf wars all the time. I still have a whole basket of them in the basement. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it! Stop acting like guns are SOOOOO scary. I literally want to roll my eyes.

1 Like

We have a bunch for our boys… though they tend to lose the styrofoam bullets lol.

Yes because BB guns are not allowed to be shot inside :woman_shrugging: ha

2 Likes

I let my daughter too!

1 Like

Mine has about every need gun there is. He’s got airsoft guns, bb guns, real guns, knives, crossbows and such. We’re 100% country!

2 Likes

Yep even my daughter. Most of my kids have shot real guns too. :woman_shrugging: I have a LTC and carry. All of my kids know about guns and gun saftey so theres no curiosity there. They definitely know the difference between toys and real ones.

4 Likes

Yeah when he was younger (he’s 15 now)
We used to fight zombies :joy:

You mean toys?? Yes. They are nerf guns…they’ve been around for years. I’m failing to see why you wouldn’t?

Nerf darts coming out of my ears over here!!

I let my daughters play with nerf guns. They love playing with each other and with their Dad in the backyard, we have rules that we don’t shoot above the waist and that we only play with them outside. If someone asks that you stop shooting them, stop shooting. Never once been an issue.

No. I don’t entertain gun toys. Absolutely hate them.

Got my 3 year old daughter a sniper nerd gun with a scope for Christmas. The boy got a giant 40 bullet nerf gun and then they got multiple others… but they use real ones so nerf is nothing.

We play with them. My toddler plays with nerf guns we had before he was even born lol. We supervise him with them at his age mostly cause he still wants to out darts in his mouth at his age but loves a nerf battle lol

Yes his also 2 and his aim is amazing we taught him to shoot his teddys or peoples bums/belly’s how to hold and not to point in anyone’s face or his own but to hold it down it’s a great way to get a lot of energy out and doesn’t hurt

1 Like

Yes they’re only toys…nothing like loading a nerfgun you’re about to get shot with :rofl:

My 2yr old daughter has a nerf gun. She loves shooting us lol

Im a girl mom and buy them for them

Yes! And play along with them! My girls too!

I’m not against guns in general, but I feel that toy guns at a young age kind of encourage violence. I have never bought my 3 year old a toy gun, simply because I don’t need him pretending to shoot people when he doesn’t understand the real world consequences of guns. I don’t judge, that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

My son is 5 and has nerf guns. He also has some with rubber tipped bullets he uses if any of the unfriendly stray dogs come in our yard and bother him or our little dog. He’s able to protect them and not hurt them too bad.

For reference, I also have a nerf gun with rubber tipped bullets to keep stray dogs away especially if my little girl is in heat.

Yes because they are fun. Surprised the whole family with a matching set and 100+ bullets for Christmas :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Absolutely, I think I find them more fun than my son does!

1 Like

Yes, why?
Because they’re toys.

1 Like

4 yr old boy Mom:

No I do not. I have actual firearms in our home as well as a concealed carry. While each is locked up or has a trigger lock any time I am not handling them I do not want him to pick up an actual firearm and think it’s like his toy and won’t actually hurt someone. Until I feel he can grasp that fully. There will be no nerf guns/simulated guns for him period.

His father was shot and killed in August 2020. He understands that a firearm is part of the reason his father was “hurt” so bad that we couldn’t fix him.

He does not fear firearms and accompanies me on hunts but I never want him to become complacent with firearms. Personally I think nerf guns before that understanding opens up a liability I’d rather not chance.

1 Like

Omg my kid has a ton. :joy: I hide the bullets tho because he’s 2 and won’t keep up with them.

1 Like

I don’t have kids…but I bought them for my nephews…I got them masks to wear…

Yes, my son has three xlarge bins full of nerf guns, bows, bullets, etc… We use to have large nerf gun fights when he was alive. Every birthday or holiday he would get one. We created great memories with them.

1 Like

My son is 4 and I refuse to! Hahah I will when he’s a bit older.

1 Like

My kid owns almost every nerf gun there is. We have nerf gun games allllllll day in my house. Being a mom of a almost 17 year old and a 8 year old and my husband

1 Like

We love Nerf and have regular family Nerf Battles. We created a bunker in the basement for the winter months. :heart:

1 Like

As long as I have one too!

2 Likes

Yes for my boys and my girl. I tell them no shooting in the face or I will take them. My 20 year old son will still play with them with his younger brother.

2 Likes

My two girls do… They are kids, let them be just that.
Every parent needs to judge for themselves regarding children and if they are fit.
Children just need a little common sense is all.
And to not let a kid learn about things early can result in having no clue later when it’s too late… Let them play!! Let them live and learn and grow!!

1 Like

My boy’s are 18 & 11 and never had nerf gun or asked for one. Dads military so they never had interest in fake guns that wasn’t played in a video game. They have shot real ones well supervised at a gun range and much rather that.

2 Likes

4.5 year old only boy of 4 kids and he loves his nerf guns. Only rule is that he is never allowed to aim them at people EVER. If he does this they get put away for a few days. He has wars with his dad but we have a long hallway so by the time they reach their opponent they’re at foot level haha

I am a mom with two girls. They love playing with nerf guns. They are not allowed to shoot in the head! We are also sportsman and teach our children a lot of gun safety!!!

1 Like

I did but my son just destroys the bullets and hits our animals so not any more

Yeah my sons are 6 and 7 and my daughter is 8 we all have nerf guns and we have family nerf battles the 2 rules are no shooting faces and no shooting unarmed civilians, its great fun. The worst thing about it is finding the bullets everywhere :joy: I’m in the UK, I would probably feel differently if I lived somewhere like the USA where guns are more prevalent.

1 Like

Yes! So many LOL! I have 2 boys and we ALL play nerf wars … because it’s fun and we have rules about playing so as long as you play by the rules it is so much fun!

We love them! The whole family. Of course we have rules like not in the face or other certain parts of the body that hurt more than others. I don’t find it glorifies gun violence like some do but we own guns and we take gun safety very seriously and have found nerf guns are a good way to practice and enforce that.

4 Likes

We bought a mega set for the family. Lol even grandpa plays. One rule no shooting in the face :blush:

My girls have nerf guns and pellet guns. We use them to teach the difference between real fake and talk about gun safety. We have nerf wars as a family. It’s a blast!!

Truly nothing wrong with nerf guns.

Yep, as long as no shooting at the face or dog. My 1 yr old likes to play fetch with them :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like