How can I get my ex and boyfriend to meet?

If he’s not concerned then leave it alone. Sounds like you’re wanting to be petty and rub it in his face. And I’m sure that’s what he’s gonna think. If they wanna meet let them bring it up.

4 Likes

I had us to meet at McDonald’s playground because I didn’t introduce my kids to him until i had everyone together. It was my and my ex’s agreement. It wasn’t for permission but to put other at ease when the kids are not with you. Who is she. Or who is he. Is he nice? Drug addict. That kind of thing. Shrugs. Maybe try that so this way kids are being kept busy while parents can meet.

1 Like

Literally just have them meet.

why are you even talking to your ex desperation

2 Likes

Id just ask them both out to lunch or something or to the park or something

1 Like

I don’t think it’s necessary for them to meet, don’t be surprised if he doesn’t already know him.

3 Likes

Assuming the ex is the father of your child, if HE hasn’t asked to meet the dude, then all of this is unnecessary…unless YOU just want them to meet for some reason… which kind of escapes me…

3 Likes

Is he just an ex or you share a child. My partner hasn’t met any of my exs

10 Likes

do y’all have a child? why would the need to meet? why do you still talk to your ex and why does your ex have no knowledge of you dating someone if its a serious relationship?

1 Like

Wait until theyre.bith ready. Don’t push them into anything as it might no go well if they’re not ready

Is there a reason for them to meet? Like… is there a kid with the ex? If not, leave him alone… He doesn’t need to know your business with your current boyfriend. Go about your life.

38 Likes

Even if there is a kid, you shouldn’t make them meet. It’s almost like you’re seeking your ex’s approval

1 Like

I’m guessing you have a child together. Is there a reason for them to meet? If you’re wanting them to I would just ask if they want to get together. I know my ex has met my hubby - but they’ve never gotten together to talk or anything

Why would u want them to meet? No need. My current partner has a daughter. He has a relationship with his daughter and I don’t have to meet the Mom nor do I have to anything to do with her. In case of emergency we have our numbers. That’s it

They will meet one day don’t push. Sounds like to me that your ex trusts you or he would of meet him long time ago

Unless u and the ex have children together y does it matter if they meet??

1 Like

Why do you want them to meet?

Just ask them if they are ready to meet, I agree with everyone else I wouldn’t push it. I do think it’s important for them to meet for the first time without the child around though, but that’s just me and how I would do it. Everyone is different, it might not even be a big deal to them and maybe they haven’t even thought about it.

Depends on if there is a child involved. No child, no need. If there is a child, I would want to know who was around my child. I met everyone of my ex’s new “girlfriends”. All but one i was ok with being around my kids. The one I didn’t, she looked like he scraped her out of the bottom of a barrel of meth. Nasty. The day he decided to move her in was the day i drove 500 miles to go get my son. I walked in to her yelling at MY child about him calling me and telling me everything. I about beat the brakes off of her. It was all I could do to get my child gathered up and out the door. And my ex couldn’t stop me. I took my custody papers with me to go get my son.

2 Likes

Just introduce them casually. I introduced mine when we did a holiday for our son, and they are literally best friends now lol

5 Likes

What am I missing here ? Father God a wah this
Odesha Dinham Noel Cunningham

1 Like

…why would you need this to happen? Even with kids involved, if he doesn’t want to meet the boyfriend then don’t try to force it.

6 Likes

If your ex hasn’t indicated he has an interest, why would you push it? (Assuming there is a child involved)
I’d just let my ex know “hey we are serious and he obviously spends time with our child, if you’d like to meet, just let me know”… don’t over complicate something so simple.

7 Likes

I have a child and i still havent met his live in girlfriend of 5 yrs. I think hes thinks ill have something to say but all good vibes

It’s on a boy mom page and if she wants them to met I’m pretty sure their is a kid envolved

3 Likes

I bet they know each other

1 Like

Whats the point. Why would you do that. You moved on let him move on.

Unless there are children involved, your ex shouldn’t be a part of your life. Personal opinion

14 Likes

Save yourself the trouble and never let it happen

They don’t need to meet u ain’t his problem anymore

2 Likes

Why does it matter what your ex thinks… unless there are kids involved then what your ex thinks doesn’t matter one bit

Why are you even still talking to your ex

1 Like

I promise your ex or your boyfriend aren’t gonna be like “Hey I wanna meet him.” That’s gonna have to be something you set up. Men most likely won’t take that initiative.

2 Likes

Why? Unless there’s kids involved why would you want your partner to meet your ex? Makes no sense. Yes exes can remain friends but usually when that happens they refer to eachother as friends not exes. Sounds like you’re looking for drama

7 Likes

I think it’s a good idea tbh that they meet even if ex hasn’t asked they need to do it especially with kids involved

You after a 3 way? :joy::see_no_evil:

9 Likes

If he doesn’t want to, let it go. It’s not up to you at the end of the day. When your ex is ready let him brimg it up.
He also may trust your judgement as to who is involved with the child(ren).

What does that post even mean???

4 Likes

Your ex doesn’t need to meet your current unless you have kids together. :joy: And even then if he isn’t worried about it don’t force it. Kinda sounds like you want his approval.

2 Likes

Why would anyone want that?

2 Likes

Why do they need to meet.

4 Likes

The ex is the ex for a reason leave it be

2 Likes

Some of these comments :joy::woman_facepalming:t2:
They don’t HAVE to meet. It’s on your ex if he doesn’t wanna meet the guy who’s around his kid(s)

1 Like

I’m assuming there is kids( that’s the only scenario I see this making any type of sense) involved if that is the case totally appropriate. If not then none of his business even if you and the ex are good friends just my opinion long ago I had a girl friend want me to meet her ex I broke up with her nonchalantly it was blatantly clear she didn’t know what she wanted lol but then she came back months later and we are married 4 kids now lol

why should they meet

I’m assuming she has kids with the ex!? That’s the only reason I’d see it making sense but even if you have kids and he doesn’t want to meet your new bf that’s his loss not knowing who his kids are around! That’s his own stupidity! It’s not your burden you know who your kids are around! He should want the same but if he doesn’t it’s on him

Unless you have kids together there’s no need and maybe if you want them to meet and have kids, maybe do something simple all meet up at the park or something

Do you have kids together? If not why would you want them to meet. I’m going to assume you have kids and my best advice is to just have your boyfriend come with you to drop off and have him introduce himself to your ex thats what my fiance did with my ex husband

Well just two questions to you “why do you want them to meet?” And “what to you wish to achieve by them meeting?”

Unless you have children with your ex and you’re on very good coparenting terms, I would avoid that mess altogether.

I don’t understand, the question is strange because if you felt that you and the new guy are strong…I don’t think this question would be asked, if you knew your ex was a reasonable person this question would not be asked, I feel like you have a more deeper problem, if not then just have a conversation with the ex casually…because you don’t need his approval if the new guy is good for the kids and you…if the ex is a problem still have a conversation but a different type of conversation let him know you are serious and have moved on for real…if you not sure about the relationship then you know what to do…but go with your gut…you know the correct answer to this question just trust yourself and do the right thing…Remember you are amazing and can do all things through Christ…:wink:

:grin: The best ways are at outdoor functions. Bbqs, parks, mutual interests (if they share any- like kayaking or something). Be as forthcoming about who will be there and if one of them back out, communication is key.
Some of my ex’s became friends. I don’t see a problem with casual introductions either, but inviting everyone over for dinner can sometimes put unnecessary pressure.

I don’t know why everyone even keeps asking if there are kids involved. This question is ludicrous no matter what the circumstance is. My ex and my current spouse don’t ever need to meet regardless of the kids my ex and I have. My ex and I can co parent with absolutely no involvement between the two guys. If there are no kids, leave your ex alone and focus on your boyfriend. It’s weird to try to push a relationship with your ex onto your new boyfriend even if you are trying to remain friends with the ex. Clearly it’s uncomfortable for your boyfriend. If there are kids, leave both guys alone about meeting and co parent with the kids father. Your boyfriend isn’t obligated to have any type of co parenting relationships with your kids father. This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Why should they meet? What would it achieve? He is exactly that, your Ex.

If there is kids involved its called coparenting…especially if they play sports or other extracurricular activities

21 Likes

If its the childs father then yes they should meet every parent NEEDS and SHOULD know who is in their childs life. Not knowing who is around your children a majority of the time is just irresponsible!

1 Like

This is a Mom Blog. I do not understand why people are thinking there isn’t any children involved. :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:. Why would she ask the question here when there are other relationship blogs or pages :woman_shrugging:t4:

Why ? The past is the past or are you wanting your ex to see how great the new one is?

Assuming there are kids involved? otherwise why would you even be concerned with the 2 meeting?

Unless there are kids involved… there is no reason for them TO meet imo…

Unless you and your ex do not have kids together, you don’t need them to meet.

why do they need to meet unless you are planning on marrying??

Why exactly would your current b.f want or need to meet your ex?

Why do you want them to meet, do you still love your ex?

Why do care about him meeting your ex?

I hope u have kids together. If not y do they ever need to met

Best way is, cheat on one with the other!

If there are no kids no reason to meet.

Wtf do they need to. Sounds like you still care about your ex’s approval which makes me think your not over him. You shouldn’t care what he thinks so long as your happy. If it’s kids related it’s still none of his business. Unless it would negativily effect the children. Maybe ask yourself why do I care so much for his approval?

1. If there are no kids then you shouldnt be concerned about your ex. 2. TALK to them. If they dont want to meet then dont force it. Doesnt matter if there are kids involved or not. They dont have to meet or know each other.

Why? They don’t need to meet

Invite him to a threesome…:joy::joy::joy:

What :joy: for what reason? Cut your ex off

My wife of 13 years has never met my ex-wife, even though I have a child with my ex. They have spoken on the phone a handful of times. Seriously, it’s not a necessity for good co-parenting for them to meet. If they’re comfortable with it, good. If not, don’t press the issue.

5 Likes

My kids dad still hasn’t met my bf of 2.5 yrs. My bf and I both have kids and ex’s…we both still co parent solo for now. We also are long distance. It works how we do it for now. Once we live together it will be different…but honestly no point in pressing being uncomfortable if we don’t have to

1 Like

The only reason for them to meet is if you have kids together with your ex. Other then that why would you want them to meet? Might only cause problems

That’s kinda weird…unless you have children involved…

7 Likes

Unless you have a child together, there is no reason for them to meet. Unless you are playing some kind of game/trying to make your ex jealous etc. and that would be horrible on your part.

1 Like

Unless there are children involved, don’t bother. Your lives are on different paths. If you have the same circle of friends, it’ll happen naturally

Why do you give a hoot if they meet? You co parenting?

They’ll meet eventually…why push it?

1 Like

Trust me they don’t wanna meet. What is the reason you want them to meet?

Why is the meeting important…

Why do they need to meet?

Why would you want them to?

Why should they meet?

Unless you are trying to make your ex jealous, idk why you’d want them to meet. :tipping_hand_woman:

Why do they need to meet though… more info needed on this situation

Must they meet
As for me it’s not important for them to meet, according to your husband he’ll feel like you’re molesting him in the presence of your ex

But like why tho? Lol just asking

Why tf do they need to meet? Are there kids involved. This post is missing so much information

1 Like

Fuck sake I would never want to meet my exes Mrs I couldn’t control my dirty mouth

Y do they have to meet

Why do they need to meet. Unless kids are involved.

They only need to meet if you have kids with your ex… Other than that, no reason at all for them to meet. Could definitely cause drama & resentment from the new boyfriend if she has anything to do with the ex, outside of any children involved.

My ex and i can be in the same room and be cordial it took time but we got divorced not the kids

Why would you want to?

How is this an advice page???