How can I make my family understand my husband and I do not want kids?

You dont hun, you just keep living your life and doing what makes you guys happy. I would find a response that you can provide when they bring it up but one that doesn’t open the topic for conversation like “I hear what you are saying and respect your opinion and I am asking for the same. We have made this choice together, and we are happy which is all you should want for me.”

Ya don’t, AND YA DONT HAVE TO!!!

You don’t. You happily do what you and your husband want to do and call it a day. That’s it.

You can’t. They will either accept it with time, or they won’t. Just enjoy your travels!

Who cares if they don’t understand?? Just enjoy!

Don’t tell em anything just live your life!

Ignore their bs. No one should have kids if they don’t want them. Period

You don’t have to make them understand. You live your lives as you want to.

You don’t need to make them understand. It’s your life. Period.

It’s ur life babe it’s their own issue if they have a problem with it u live for u not for them don’t worry about it ignore it and carry on

1 Like

Just say it’s not happening. Then ignore them and live your life. It’s your decision and your life, not theirs.

You don’t . You just do you…:woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

Mamas Uncut can you explain to me why I am getting the treatment I am on this page and being ruthlessly attacked?

Give them time. Sooner or later, they will figure it out!! If asked, just say, the time is not right. Little do they know, the time may never be right!

Tell them its none of their business! Worry about THEIR life👍🏼

fake a pregnancy then fake a miscarriage then say no cause you don’t wanna go through that “pain” again if it they continue to bother

2 Likes

No means no. They don’t have to understand or even agree but they do have to respect it! Your choice not there’s. I have 2 kids & wouldn’t change my life for anything but to travel like how you want seems very cool I say go for it & enjoy it both of you!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’d just tell them you like anal. That will shut them up trust me.

1 Like

I had a child an never wanted to be a mother cause I wanted the same thing you guys did, I love her more then anything but I live with regret an struggle every day, so do what you want

2 Likes

When it doesn’t happen they will get the idea! You owe them no explanation

You don’t. You just say this is how it is and ask them to respect it and to drop the subject.

I really don’t know why people push this… like have kids if you want, don’t if you don’t :woman_shrugging:t2:

Yo just be real af, say no, put your foot down, tell them you got your tubes tied lol.

your life remember that.

Why do they need to know specifics. Just say, guess timing isn’t right and move on to another topic about your recent travels.

It’s your lives. I wouldn’t want children the way this world is. Stand your ground.

1 Like

Enjoy ur life together how u want to life it, don’t let anyone stand in the way of your happiness, have an amazing journey xx

Tell them it’s none of their damn business and if they keep pushing it, you won’t be a part of their life. Why is it up to THEM, how YOU live your life!?!? You do you. :heart:

They can’t make you have kids. Just refuse to talk about it with them anymore.

1 Like

Wow you guys do you… What you decide for your life is none of their business.

They are afraid that you will regret it later in life. Also that you will be alone when you are older.
You have time to decide if you want children. People are having children in their late thirties.
If you really don’t want children, then live your lives the way you want to. Nothing wrong with your choices. Give your families time to realize you are happy with your choices. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Tell them they can have them or better yet, adopt one or two. There are many out their in foster care that would absolutely LOVE a warm and loving home to call their own.

You tell them, me and my husband don’t want kids.

Don’t argue with them just tell them it is none their business
Child bearing is a personal matter and a personal choice

Tell them you’ve decided “if it happens it happens but we aren’t trying end of discussion”

Divert. Come up with a no answer ask them not to discuss it

Ummm wtf cares just live your lives :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You don’t . It’s you and your husband decision.you only have to answer to each other

1 Like

Tell them straight up to mind their own business !

Just tell them you will get around to it when you are ready.

You don’t make them understand. You live your life the way YOU want to and tell them to drop it.

1 Like

You don’t have to, it’s your life and they have to respect a decision you guys made together

You won’t make them understand because they don’t want to.

When they bring it up say I’m not discussing this with you let’s move on to something else and if they won’t let them know you need to go. Whether that is leaving wherever you are with them or on the phone and UPS just pulled up. You owe them nothing

1 Like

Its not up to you to make them understand…it’s their issue not yours.

1 Like

a lot of you are asking why she’s in this “group” when this group is a public page that posts way more than just these posts asking for advice- you can literally go to this main page n see they also post a lot of news things as well. :woman_shrugging:t2: give advice or don’t and move on.

It’s your and his life🤔 live it the way you both choose.

U don’t and really can’t make them understand. They want nieces or nephews and grandchildren so they are going to try and change ur mind. U both dont want kids thats ur decision just flat out tell them u both decided u don’t want kids and ur not having any and leave it at that. Its still not going to stop them from saying anything or bugging u about it but uve made ur decision as a couple and thats all that matters.

Tell them to butt the hell out of your lives and have their own damn kids.

Just do it. They’ll figure it out.:woman_shrugging:

If you don’t want kids don’t have them it’s your life be free and happy

I would just live your lives…not everyone had kids lots of people do not…You have a great Game Plan

1 Like

Cut them off and out

Just explain to them that is world is crazy and you don’t want to put kids through that.

1 Like

It obviously bothers them more than it does you. They will accept it eventually, but in the meantime if anyone asks you turn it back onto them by saying something like ‘Why does it bother you so much? Every child should be wanted and we dont want any’.

3 Likes

Tell them to go adopt some kiddos there is plenty

1 Like

Tell them they can birth and raise your kids and your babysit

Its ur choice there not the ones rearing them

Ouch. They should mind their own business. I’ve never asked a childless couple, “When are you having kids?” & find it so awkward when anyone does that, whether to friends, relatives or complete strangers, umm, #RUDE :zipper_mouth_face:

You just live your life… they may never understand it and who cares … it’s YOUR life NOT theirs … you get to choose and your family doesn’t have to agree :blush:

2 Likes

My Son and his fiancee do not want children. They are both really clever, career minded and would make fantastic parents, but they don’t want any. I am getting used to the idea, but would love it if they changed their minds, however l wouldn’t pressure them to do so. I am lucky enough to have 9 grandchildren so it’s not like l am missing out on them.

3 Likes

Just don’t do it. If you want to discuss it with them, you can say something like, “We know that your wish for us is to have children, but that’s not what we want for ourselves. We would appreciate it if we can stop bringing up this topic. We want to continue having a good relationship with everyone and if we keep getting pressured it’s going to continue to make us uncomfortable.”

No don’t hurt their feelings just say not in this messed up Society-because our luck it is getting time for this old world to end an I can’t leave this world thinking they will not have me here to protect them then kiss them on top of the head an say think about that idk

You don’t MAKE them understand.
You just live your best life and enjoy every minute.
When it’s brought up in conversation I would suggest literally pretending you don’t hear them and continue to talk about somehow else hahaha.

1 Like

Tell them too butt out

Tell them they need to stop being toxic towards you and support you or they gotta go. It’s not their life to live.

1 Like

I agree with whoever said ask them why it bothers them so much.

You cant make anyone accept or do anything but you can choose to ask them that question or set a boundry and tell them its your decision and its final and wont be discussed anymore.

Just because someone is family doesnt mean they can demand you do something with your womb.

1 Like

Fast way get them off your back say you went to doctor your infertile

Sometimes this behavior comes from feeling like they had no choice, and therefore not comprehending that not only did they have a choice, but you are making a different one from what they chose…

Simply, you don’t. You 2 are grown people that don’t have to explain anything to anyone. Just do you. They’ll figure it out eventually or they won’t.

Show them by not having kids

It’s your life.dont try to make them understand.just do it . be happy.

It’s ur choice to die alone nothing wrong with it be happy.

1 Like

You don’t. Don’t keep toxic people around

You don’t make them understand nothing. You simply go on with your lives and do as you please

1 Like

Tell them it’s ur life ur choice that you won’t be pressure or influenced to have kids when u dont want them

Its not their business. They’ll get the hint soon enough if you just ignore them and live your lives as you see fit

Live your life- travel and do what you want continuing to be kid free- and they’ll catch on after a year or two, or 10 lol…

It’s your decision and that’s all that matters. Ignore them.

1 Like

It’s not necessary for family to understand your choices in life. Its your life; live it as you see fit.

1 Like

It’s your life… not there’s… you do what you both want to do. You make each other happy… it’s not their desicion to make.

1 Like

Understand that. Maybe later will be better time. Just tell them that!

You don’t. You just live your life the way you want to.

4 Likes

It’s your life. You do you. Their choices in are not your. Nor should it be pushed on either of. Enjoy your lives how you planned it. Put your foot down.

You don’t have to make anyone understand. You explain yourself respectfully and firmly and they’ll just have to understand. Not everyone wants children, and that’s okay.

4 Likes

We have made the same choice I finally started saying… We’ve tried and it just never happened :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You just smile and say mmhmm and go do what the hell you want :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just tell them, “Our lives, our choice” and don’t let anyone guilt you into anything you don’t want.

2 Likes

To be happy for yourself, you have to think of yourself. Do you’s.

Its up to you its Your body

Let them know if they keep pressuring you and how you want to live your life they’ll soon be calling a number that won’t answer and leave it at that.

1 Like

We have three daughters, greatest joy in my life personally, however kids are not for the faint of heart. They are forever a new obligation and worry and it’s a never ending job! So tell them to work on their own life and stay out of yours!

Just don’t have kids and do what you want to do with your life. Lol that’s it.

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18151 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarProfits1541.pages.dev/

be strong and just be you, your life you live it the way you want that makes you happy and your family will support you or not but do not let they make you feel bad about the choices you have made

You don’t really need to explain yourself to anyone… But you could tell them that you’ve decided to try in 10 years so check back with you then lol.

3 Likes

Lol I’d just say that’s cool but look at this amazing trip I just planned adults only fantastic see y’all in a month :rofl::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Nowhere does it say you have to make both your parents into grandparents! They should respect your choice and leave it be.

1 Like

Yeah I’d lie and say you’re infertile. If they ask for proof tell them to take a hike. Or he’s shooting blanks, either way it’s really none of their business. I understand your frustrations though, I’m sure it’s got to be annoying AF. I hope you guys enjoy living your best life!!!

1 Like

It’s not your job to make anyone understand you and your life choices if they can’t respect you they don’t deserve you it’s that simple

2 Likes

You don’t owe them an explanation… enjoy your lives!!!

1 Like