How can I quickly rid of lice?

I soak the scalp in olive oil overnight, spray down furniture, car seats and stuffed animals. Bugs can’t survive on surfaces more than 24 hrs so don’t overthink it. A thorough check of the head is the quickest way to get rid of them.

Straighten with a hot iron as often at possible make sure to stay close to the scalp as much and as hot without hurting the child. Put EVERyTHING in the dryer for 2 hours at least.

1 Like

Shave head and hit with the lice shampoo. Makes combing way easier and faster

1 Like

Apple cider vinegar and mint Listerine mouthwash. Spray throughout hair and leave for about 20 to 30 minutes.

1 Like

My daughter got lice at daycare at a 1 1/2. I’ve been using Fairy Tales hair products since. It has a lice repellent in it. This is after you get the lice and nits out

3 Likes

Mayonnaise. Just slap it on and let it sit for a while then rinse. For the eggs, you’ll need to get some lice treatment from the store

Doesnt matter most places, they can’t send her home because of it only recommended treatment

1 Like

Apple cider Vinegar and mouth wash. Soak hair in mouth wash for 30 min, rinse and and then vinager. Put a bag over the hair while its soaking. Tried and true it works.

Fairy tales. That’s the only thing I used that got the nits out. They have a special come and special rinse it’s a miracle worker.

Do you have a Lice Clinic near by? Ours is called Lice Clinic Of America!!! When my daughter was younger, I had this problem!! I tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked 100% so I finally found out about a lice clinic about an hour away and got her in immediately! It is costly BUT did the job and she was 100% lice free. Also they sell lice shampoo and conditioner, hair ties that are scented and repellent,leave in spray!! I got all of the above for her! Use the products everyday and keep her hair in a top knot bun and haven’t had a problem since!! Good luck as I know how frustrating it is to deal with this!

They HATE tea tree oil and lavender. Also peppermint hair spray will help repel them in daycares and schools.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to clean the car seat

1 Like

One year old going to school???

1 Like

Liceaway spray… less than 10 bucks at walmart… kills all, combs out easy… usually1 treatment only, but would reccomend a 2nd treatment in 10 days in case you miss one or 2…

check out the lice crew

Mayo in her hair for 2 hours.

The only thing that worked with my kids was vamoose from Walgreens it kills knits and live live

1 Like

lice zapper at walmart!! just run it through hair like a regular comb and each time it comes in contact with lice, it zaps them!

1 Like

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned tea tree oil but that stuff is a god send! I used all the things on my daughters hair and for 6 months they kept coming back. It was a nightmare. Tea tree oil got rid of them in no time flat! I never go without some now lol. Don’t waste your money on expensive chemical treatment… They are becoming immune to it.

1 Like

My kids are biracial so they have super thick curly hair. They got lice about two years ago and I was about to have a nervous breakdown. We tried all the lice shampoos, the prescription stuff, mayo, olive oil, I mean everything. I finally found a website that said cetaphil face cleaner worked. I tried it and OMG it was the only thing that worked! Now I spray my girls hair with a mixture of coconut oil, tea tree oil and water every day to keep them gone.

I use to be a foster mom. It seemed like every child that was brought to my house had lice. I think i treated for lice 14 different times. Mayo in the hair with a shower cap worked for me.

1 Like

My daughter is biracial. She had lice so bad repeatedly from school in 2nd grade that I had to spend 4 hours a night hand picking all the nits out because the combs didn’t work. I eventually complained to the school and they brought a nurse in to check the kids heads to find the source.

They now sell a electric comb that zaps the lice but doesn’t hurt the children. At most pharmacies.

Get her a bottle, put on her favorite tv show, movie or whatever, a bowl of goldfish,sit behind her on the floor, and comb out the entire head. Take frequent breaks, then have her sleep tea tree oil and lice treatment, then do it again in the morning.

Coconut shampoo conditioner and oil. Wash hair in it leave damp apply oil and some more conditioner cover with a shower cap leave over night. The oil plumps the eggs so they are easier by far to remove and any live bugs get suffocated. Most rinse out very easily the next morning

Try Lice free. It is awesome and safe. It says on the instructions ages 6 months and up. Just spay it on and leave it. You can still comb but it works to kill lice and nits.

Use a heap of cheap conditioner and the plastic comb as it dosent stab the child’s head as much, I had to chase my 2yr old around as she wouldn’t sit still… Glen 20 everything and repeat after 7 days, use a spray bottle with tea tree oil and conditioner everyday to prevent. DO NOT USE HAIR SPARY it attracts nits, this is what has worked for us but keep in mind you may need to try different mixtures in the spray bottle ( add different nit product with tea tree oil and conditioner) for it to continue working in the long run.

Use Cetaphil moisturizing cream to coat the hair. Then blow it dry. The cream will harden and suffocate the lice. Keep it in over night. Wash her hair in the morning and comb through to remove dead nits. Repeat in 1 week just for good measure. It’s a lot of work but safe for a little one. Keep her home until you treat her. Don’t put all those other kids and families through dealing with lice…

2 Likes

If just a year old…honestly I’d shave it.

1 Like

:hibiscus: Tip for Parents :hibiscus: Feel free to share :hibiscus:
School has started up again! I just wanted to help everyone prevent the spread of head lice && keep them mosquitoes away!!

Tea tree oil is a powerful weapon used to kill or naturally prevent head lice without any harmful side effects.

Tea tree oil contains natural insecticides, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties, and terpinen, a natural bacteria-fighting ingredient, all of which prevent and kill lice effectively. It coats the hair and scalp, contains agents that will kill head lice and its eggs, and soothes and heals the irritated scalp affected by lice.

Also peppermint & lavender oil can be combined to repel lice with the tree tree oil.

You can add it to your body wash, shampoo, conditioner, face wash, lotion, laundry detergent and so much more.

:hibiscus:Just add two drops of tea tree oil per ounce of whatever you choose:hibiscus:

NOTE:
*Do not digest Tea Tree Oil.
*Do not use Tea Tree Oil undiluted.
*It is best to buy 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil
*Before adding to your desired items, test it out on your skin first for allergic reactions.

:hibiscus:Here are some web links about Tea Tree Oil, it’s many uses & benefits​:hibiscus:

Go to Walmart and get LiceMD. Trust me. Years and years ago my daughter got lice she had super thick long hair I tried any and everything you could to get rid of them literally every light shampoo every remedy every this every that for weeks I could not get rid of them I bought the lice MD and I never had a problem again ever

There are actually salons especially to get rid of that problem. If you’re able to I would Google to find one in your area. It’s a bit pricey but guaranteed.

My mom always used rubbing alcohol, pour it on and leave it sit for 5 minutes and rinse and wash out. I wouldn’t suggest doing this on a little one though cause it definitely burns your eyes and nose.

I think a prescription would be best my kids have only ever had it 1 time and nothing worked until I called doctor make sure you use the dryer for anything you can put in it as in clothes bedding stuffed animals and then bomb the house with something that kills it for carpet beds furniture or you will never get rid of it!

coconut oil and lots of it plaster it on the hair root to tip comb it through and let it sit for a bit then come back and just run the comb through and have a bowl of boiling hot water and dish soap ready to go!

1 Like

Green alcohol and bag on head for 20 mins. Than pick

1 Like

During the fall and winter months i put tea tree oil into my daughters shampoo and conditioner it seems to work

Biracial (thick curly hair) daughter got lice twice around the age of 10ish… cetaphil lotion (little pricy but worth it) all over hair, then covered with plastic bag… wouldn’t use with 1 year old but maybe can figure something else out… also, don’t go washing hair too often while treating… even though lice is associated with dirtiness, they prefer clean hair…

Idk of an easy way to get them out but mayonnaise will keep them from hatching. Grossest shit ever but it smothers the nits so they don’t hatch until you can get them out. The shampoo doesn’t kill the nits and if you miss any it starts all over.

In addition to treating her hair you need to make sure you clean the beds and furniture in the house. She could have transfered the lice and keeps reinfecting herself. Also you must wash all her clothes.

Mayo or olice oil over night. Wrap head in saran wrap. Wash in the am.

Please do not send your child back to school with nits. It’s unfair to other people’s children.

10 Likes

Maybe check in your area to see if you have a “lice salon”. We have a few in my area and while I’ve never had to use one, I know some people that took their kids there and it was one and done. They got all nits and lice removed and they didn’t come back.

1 Like

I love the Lice Ice! It has always worked for us when needed!

Thick layer of conditioner put plastic bag on and tie it sleep with it. Soft hair lice gone.

Eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil. Then use a spray bottle with vinegar and section out the hair and comb thoroughly in every which direction combing as close to the scalp as possible. Dawn blue dishsoap to rinse out afterwards and the dawn helps lift any nits that were left behind. Everyday continue to comb, on 7th day do one more treatment.

Lice free spray! U spray in her hair and it kills everything. U can wash it the next day. It smells like black licorice though. Lice free also have a combing gel. It also comes with a metal comb. And its not expensive. Like $10 at walmart

Rub the hair with big amount of pure lemon juice, rap it with a shopping plastic and wait for 5 to 10 minutes and remove the plastic.put fresh coconut cream on it and wait for some minutes and comb before wash it with warm water.

Vegetable or coconut oil dead serious any oil

Soak it in baby oil a few days then they come out so easy a baby brush can comb them out I had to do this when my aunt gave lice to my 6 month old daughter

Mayo and tea tree oil and a shower cap. Let it sit as long as you can. Maybe even sleep in it over night.

All the Lice Free products are great and all chemical free and they have a spray that keeps your child from getting it again… only downfall is it smells a lot like licorice and black licorice at that

Get one bottle of tequila.
pour it hair,hand full of sand,throw it on hair, they get drunk & stone each other to death.
No more problema

4 Likes

My mom used to saturate our hair in mayonnaise, cover our hair in plastic then either use a hair dryer or play in the sun to heat for 2 hours… rinse and shampoo with teatree oils. Comb with fine tooth comb… Sometimes you have to keep repeating the process if you miss any eggs during the comb out but it always works.

Coconut oil, or olive oil it makes it so the bugs/eggs can’t attach to the hair. It’s easier to brush them out and manage. Blow dry when out of the bath, heat will help kill them.

My mom used Vaseline in my hair wn it got rid of mine when i was a kid

Oil, baby oil cooking oil any kind of oil. Soak her hair in it. Leave it in for a few hours. It smothers them. The nits will come out easier too

Shave their head. She’s only a year old and it will grow back evenly.

3 Likes

I heard lemons kill them all x

There is a treatment called Nit Rid you can buy this is homebargain stores and it’s reasonably priced. It says leave for 1 hour but I leave it on over night. Then don’t forget to treat again a week after. This is what people often don’t realise hense why they come back. Even if you can’t see anything, eggs will still be present. Nits don’t like coconut either so buy a coconut shampoo and conditioner also cheap enough and use that every hair wash. Xx

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but use a flea comb instead of a nit comb. The teeth are closer together and smaller. If your one year old is anything like mine were, then her hair is probably still a little thin right now. The nit comb won’t grab all the bugs or eggs. The flea comb should grab a lot more of them. Just keep cleaning EVERYTHING…pillows, stuffed animals, baby dolls, beds, mattresses, carpet, living room and dining room furniture. Everything that could possibly hold on to the bugs needs to be cleaned thoroughly. Keep repeating every day or every other day until no one in the home has them anymore. And remember hot water kills

So when I was younger my mom found the best thing that worked was the robicomb. It’s a lice comb that’s electrified sounds scary but it’s really not and it zaps the lice as you brush it thru their hair. If you use it just be careful around the ears cuz it can be easy to accidentally get a little bit of skin there and get a little shock. Won’t do any real damage tho it’s just a quick little sting. As far as nits go the only sure way my mom handled it was just to sit there and go thru our hair section by section and pick them out.

1 Like

Iv delt with this a million times you have to just get her to sit and pick them out the combs don’t get them all

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s a home remedy to deal with it, other then picking them out. I would recommend calling your family physician or her pediatrician, and see what they have to say.

Savers do nitrid. Its very good. No horrible smell. Its only £4.99

I used mayo and then put plastic wrap on for 20 minutes.

1 Like

I got lice a few times as a kid, baby oil, tea tree oil or mayo is your best bet. The oil suffocated them and made it much easier to slide the eggs out with the comb. Lice like clean hair so the oil helps make the hair inhabitable

2 Likes

Lice free spray. Smells like licorice. Was the only thing that worked for us!

Mayo helps great.
Also add some tea tree oil to your shampoo bottles. 3-4 drops would be good. It helps deter lice.
Also, you can’t just do their head and think your fine. Make sure you’re washing any bedding, vacuuming, etc because without doing that the cycle will just continue.
Believe me, I’ve have 5 in school and have had to do it all because of a parent choosing to send their child to school with lice. It’s definitely not fun at all. It’s time consuming but if you do everything right you should be able to maintain and take care of the situation.

1 Like

Mayo if you dont wanna buy treatment and depending on how old she is hair dye kills it aswell

Treat… nit pick daily in sections… treat again 2 weeks later. Research the lice life cycle and this will make sense.

Honestly put an overload of petroleum jelly on and let it sit for 30 mins to suffocate the lice… then shower and comb… repeat 2 or 3 times. Hair will be greasy but it works like a charm

Vaseline…if interested I will reply with what I did…step by step for a house of 4 with extremely long, thick hair and we all got it.

Lice breathe through holes in the sides of their body (gross I know!) My daughter has long blonde hair and has had it several times! The only thing that 100% works for us is olive oil(it suffocates them)! I saturate her hair completely and wrap her hair in a Walmart bag or ziploc with a headband (just so it doesn’t get everywhere) leave it in overnight and the next morning comb through with lice comb. They will be COMPLETELY dead. Wash with dawn to cut the oil and she is good to go! I repeat the process 2 days later just in case there were eggs but I never find any in the second go round

2 Likes

You need to buy the medical lice shampoo from the pharmacy or Wal-Mart . you need to comb , wash and pick thru her hair. And do some oil soak or something . they’re hell to get rid of

Take them outside and shave their head then throw the clippers away

1 Like

Try putting her in her highchair with toys and a snack. My oldest got lice at daycare when he was that age. That’s how I got him to sit still while I combed his hair. After I was done getting the lice and nits out I coated his hair with a mixture of coconut and tea tree oils. He never got lice again.

1 Like

Mic mayo a tea tree oil! Mayo smothers the lice, Put on head cover with plastic wrap, at least 2 hours.

My family got a really, really bad case of lice back when I was in middle school. My younger sister went to a birthday party sleepover where a mom of one of the girls sent her to the sleepover knowing she had lice so she didn’t have to miss out… my mom spent well over a thousand dollars trying all sorts of different things because of how bad ours was. After two months, we ended up having to go to a professional place to get all of the knits and lice out of our hair (which took a few appointments) as well as products to ultimately “bomb” our entire house. I would recommend all the stuff we tried but I see dawn dish soap, over the counter lice products, mayo on the head, vinegar on the head, wash EVERYTHING, etc. has already been said. When she does go back to school after it’s gone, you can start putting rosemary, lemon grass, and tea tree oil essential oils in her hair in the morning time. My mom did that Forever with us and we never had a problem (until my mom stopped using it in our hair because my sister and I both have Psoriasis + right before we got head lice we stopped using it because we broke out so bad on our scalps that the oils would burn our heads). I would definitely give the school a heads up and not send her until it’s gone. A reinfestation would SUCK… and I also was studying early childhood education where I was informed in our health and safety unit that if you knowingly send your child to school with stuff such as lice, scabies, etc. that is child negligence and you can get in trouble for that. Some centers also have certain protocols where they will have the children all checked for lice as well as properly clean all areas where lice/knits can go since lice CAN and DOES jump. Best of luck to you, mama! Shit happens. You can also try reaching out for advice from your pediatrician! :heart:

Wash hair in dawn dish soap, put mayonaise in over night and wash again with dawn. My mom did that when I was a kid and I never got them again

Rapunzels lice clinic

A one year old going back to school???

1 Like

I have 5 kids so instead of buyin lice shampoo & beddin spray constantly i just get a good lice comb & do their hair everyday & just daily change their bedsheets & pillows. Haven’t had any in last 4 yrs.

1 Like

Mayo that head girl :nauseated_face: gross but works

1 Like

CALL YOUR PEDIATRICIAN AND REQUEST NATROBA PRESCRIPTION, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PULL ANY NITS, THEY DISINTEGRATE… Trust me I’ve been using it for years, never have to pull one nit, just wash all cloth in the household at same time. Do not let them talk you into a different prescription…

1 Like

CALL YOUR PEDIATRICIAN AND REQUEST NATROBA PRESCRIPTION, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PULL ANY NITS, THEY DISINTEGRATE… Trust me I’ve been using it for years, never have to pull one nit, just wash all cloth in the household at same time. Do not let them talk you into a different prescription…

2 Likes

None of the home remedies or things on the shelf work, at all. Don’t waste your time.

1 Like

Tea tree oil and suave keratin conditioner. Put drops of the tea tree oil in conditioner and put that in the hair wait as long as possible( I put a tops bag over my hair and then a towel) then after a little while comb it out and then after it’s all combed out get in and rinse out hair

Buy the stuff specifically for nits
It’s the shampoo you use them it kills them then All
Comb them out eggs and will
Still be some alive ( need to go through every strand) then repeat in 2 days because any missed with hatch again xxx

Buy Vosene kids shampoo or tea tree which is a nit repellent shampoo’ also don’t wash hair every night as go fo clean heads!! Spray some hairspray for nursery ect as nits can’t cling to hair they slide off if this is is hair xx

Vaseline. Leave over night, brush with nit comb…

Coconut oil over night and a really good comb I know a perfect one that takes out every nit in one stroke just inbox me. Worked like a charm and I have 4 girls. I do it every two to 4 weeks to make sure none come back. Plus coconut oil is healthy for the scalp.

I don’t usually advocate these methods but the only think that killed them was Hedrin Once. I did all the other methods for MONTHS. You can send them into school anyway.

Only thing that ever worked for me was Listerine mouth wash. I don’t know why it works. Maybe the alcohol dries the nits up🤷🏻‍♀️ but I tried everything under the sun minus a prescription.

Generic Error Also use a nitty gritty nitcomb to comb them out as well. Make sure you wear a towel too otherwise you’ll get nit bites!

I have o advice i have never dealt with lice before. Hope you do find a solution. But i maybe wouldnt send my child tomorrow until im sure they are all gone.

1 Like

Mayo!!!

Slather mayo in her hair an hour before bathing and wrap her hair in a plastic bag. Do it once a week till there’s no sign of eggs or bugs.

I suggest keeping her home until they’re gone. Don’t be responsible for a lice problem at the school/daycare

1 Like

Mayo with tea tree EO.

Coconut oil overnight with a cap on her head, so anything alive will smother. Next morning wash her hair with dawn and should comb right out.

After treating it with solution that your pediatrician prescribes, comb out with olive oil or mayo. You can kill them by wrapping a plastic bag around her air after slathering with olive oil. Not sure if that would work with one year old being so squirmy. You could get shower cap. Bag all stuff animals until they are gone. Wash all bedding and clothes in hot water. Treat with tea tree once a week. Make sure all nits are gone before sending her to daycare.

They do got a place to clean their heads up. Gotta do w visit though