How can my daughter enjoy vacation while on her period?

Tampons change often, she will be fine you are the one that can make it a positive move in teen age years.

1 Like

Menstrual cups and tampons are a bad choice for someone so young. I don’t know who they make those cups for because even after having three children, trying to insert one of them is extremely uncomfortable/painful. The pain from cramps crippled me at that age. All I wanted to do was lie around and sleep all day.

If you let her use the cup than you can let her use tampons. Same concept and way less messy!

4 Likes

She needs to learn that life as a woman has its ups and downs lol with that being said she needs to get use to not being able to enjoy some things. :woman_shrugging::rofl:

I wish my mom would have been comfortable with me using tampons, it frustrates me that I never learned how. I immediately went towards using the cup after a while, but I don’t use it that often because it feels uncomfortable sometimes

I hope you read this adoreme.com has panties for periods if u wanna try those I got them and I love them

Is this a man? Lmfao dude just let her wear tampons or the disk (it’s easier than the cup) and I doubt a girl will find rinsing out a period product “disgusting”; it’s our way of life.

If she is on birth control, she can start the placebo pills earlier

1 Like

Thinx has period panties.

So you don’t want her using tampons but thought a menstrual cup was better :thinking:

8 Likes

My mom didn’t allow me to wear tampons and I played sports. My very first time using a tampon, my life changed and my periods were much easier to handle. Organic tampons are a better option in my opinion. The menstrual cups hurt me when inserting and removing.

Lemon juice holds the period for a few days.

1 Like

This is a ridiculous post. She is a girl with a period let her use tampons! Age has nothing to do with tampons! People of all ages use these and they have been around forever.

8 Likes

When in the water, the pressure from the water keeps blood inside of you instead of out so even if you would go swimming with a tampon in there will be more than likely little to no blood at all

Why would you post this about your daughter. Why can’t you talk to your peds doctor? You are so wrong for asking such a st*p!d question.

2 Likes

My 13 yr old daughter uses tampons. She asked me if she could because she was tired of the mess of pads. I allow her to do so. We live in AZ and swim often even while she is on her period. I explained to her how they work showed her how to use them then sent her into the bathroom to try it. It didn’t work the first time but she got it on her second attempt. She says she loves it cuz she can’t feel them and as long as she changes them frequently has no issues with stains or while swimming. This is going to be part of her life for the 40 or so yrs so there is no reason she has to deal with the mess ridicule of others teasing her or the uncomfortable pads. She has been much happier ever since I let her start wearing them.

Don’t listen to these judgmental assholes… get her on the birth control pill they have a “skip my period” one it’s awesome I haven’t had a period in months!! I got mine online thru “pill club”

Get a prescription for Primolut for her and she won’t get her period until she stops taking it… take 3 tablets a day, 3 days before her period is due

Lady…give that child some tamptons and teach her the hygenic way to put them in and keep herself and her hands clean. You literally said “i am so upset” …you didnt need to get so upset over something so simple

6 Likes

Let the girl be comfortable and wear a damn tampon!

3 Likes

I’m on the tampon train, yes she will still be a virgin and the girl can have fun in the water!!

6 Likes

Why would you get upset over something like this when you go through the same thing she does. She can still go swimming while she’s on period if she chooses to. This was a very silly thing to post

Victoria secret has period panties

Why are you ok with her using a menstrual cup but not a tampon?

6 Likes

I used tampons starting at her age, she is fine. Get organic.

3 Likes

Her body her choice.

4 Likes

They have thinx panties or someone else mentions period panties from Victoria secret

4 Pack Teen Girls Protective Panties Leak Proof Underwear Heavy Flow Women Postpartum Briefs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XL2J6GX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_BET0K0F61RB8BKMDJDHX

They also make bathing suits

Www.ruby love.com panties and swimwear

Why not let her decided of she is comfortable wearing tampons or not. Its not your body its hers

10 Likes

Help her be comfortable and don’t make it a big issue. Help her get through it! I have a horrible heavy period and I don’t know how to handle it while in water and stuff. Look into the cup and mention it to her. It may be a great option for the water. Please discuss options with her she needs to feel comfortable!!! Nobody talked to me about my period…please help her!!!

1 Like

I love the soft disc period cups easy to use and disposable.

I would much rather have my daughter put a tampon up there than a menstrual cup, that just seems way harder and more involved to do.

5 Likes

Why should it matter what YOUR comfortable with when it’s her body, her period. Let her use a damn tampon! A menstrual cup is still sticking something up your vag, let her use what she will be most comfortable with. Your not the one putting it in!

20 Likes

U can buy girl Libra tampons there tiny I no u said u don’t want her using that but it’s pretty much the same as the menstrual cups

2 Likes

I use cups but you have to really know your body to use them. Id start with the tiny tampons that are about a pinky finger tip long.

2 Likes

Theres a group called Put a Cup in It on here check that out. You’re best bet is menstrual cup or disk and cloth pads or period underwear for longer periods of time. Yes you’ll have to clean them but you’ll get more time out of than having to change a tampon so often

The cups rock and all of our ladies use them. If you do not feel comfortable, teach her how to use tampons.

1 Like

Period panties, some have swimmers options or tampons. Here in aust we have Tween size tampons just show her how to use correctly and hygienically and she will be fine. My almost 13yr old refuses tampons but I’ve looked into the period panties swimwear for her.

1 Like

I’ve used the menstrual cup for over 2 years now I love it would never go back and use anything else most easiest name to I also have very heavy periods and pcos.and I only have to dump it out in rinse It about once every 6 to 7 hours

She’s 13. I say let her just wear a tampon and enjoy her vacation. Don’t make her use a cup at this age. I tried them & would dry heave and gag everytime bc they grossed me out. :sob::joy:

Flex disc!!!they are disposable period cups and they are awesome.

1 Like

Savannah Sanderson this question and some of these answers :grimacing:

As an avid cup user I say go with the cup. It’s not as gross as you think.

Making a tea with rue will make her period come sooner. Have it be gone before vacation. Easy fix. And natural

1 Like

Period swimwear? Let her try the tampons if she wants to though, personally I just couldn’t get them in at that age, not until I was sexually active :woman_shrugging: I wasted so many trying!

1 Like

The cup is in my opinion bigger and harder to put in than a tampon. If you’re looking at cups, there’s no reason at all you should feel uncomfortable with tampon. I loved tampons at that age because you didn’t have to deal with pads and blood clots and the smell as bad. It completely changed my periods and I’m so happy my mom was open to it. My cramps were easier also if you wanted actual benefits besides being more easier to deal with than pads.

4 Likes

Go to the doctors they can give her something to stop it for a few weeks till your home

There is medication that can be taken to stop her period during that time. At least in adults, talk to her pediatricians about it

Tell her to put her big girl panties on and buck up buttercup!

8 Likes

Yea gads! Why is this out on FB? You could be embarrassing your daughter.

can also use ibuprofen to help make it lighter and maybe end sooner. as a woman who has struggled with 9-14 day heavy periods since age 13 it was the only relief other than birth control pills.

I’ve never used the cups or discs but I’ve never had issues with tampons. It took me a whole box to figure out how to use them tho. Once I did everything felt cleaner and I wasn’t as worried about leaking. If you’re swimming, tampons are gonna give her the sense of being clean and covered. As long as they’re changed every 4-6 hours depending on how heavy she is she shouldn’t have an issue with them.

Use tampons for her age or size call the gyn and ask.

3 Likes

I use pads now. The cup can get messy, my friend told me if you do not do it right it can be nasty. The pads I use are specially absorbent and hold 3x as much as an average pad. If you are not ok with the tampon then why the cup?.. I use Always Flexfoam.

I know they make things specially for young ladies and also for swimming. My 13 yr old uses slim tampons for swimming. She doesn’t like them but will use them just for swimming. I’ve also heard a lot of good reviews for the menstrual cups but haven’t tried them yet, also not sure with teens or young girls. Basically whatever is most comfortable for her. Also regarding tampons, of course teach her about TSS and hygiene with changing them. I didnt want mine to wear them either. But it does help if they want to swim. Good luck to you and enjoy your vacation!

I find it sad that a natural part of being a woman is considered disgusting, because you have to wash a cup if thats what you decide to use, and having her period shouldn’t be considered “ruining”, your vacation because you are so uncomfortable. Teach her to embrace her natural flow, stop making it out to be such a disgusting, problem. Why can’t she decide what she is comfortable with?

Give her a tampon a tub of ice cream and get on with your holiday. She’ll be fine.
You worrying is going to course her to worry and the worst you are the worse she will be stop giving your daughter your anxiety.
Encourage the point that water is safe and fine with a tampon and tell her a period doesn’t stop her having fun dont put such a big bandit on the situation and lighten it for her.
It’s a natural thing every woman experiences this so just relax a lil and let her use a tampon.

Ma’am you can get her some organic pads or tampons her period will be gone faster than it started

Some of y’all need help :woman_facepalming:
You don’t put a 13 year old on the pill just becaise she’ll be on her period for vacation. You don’t tell a 13 year old here drink this so we can throw your body of sack but your period will come sooner. If the mother is not comfortable with a tampon then the CHILD is not wearing a tampon. If the mother is not comfortable with a tampon there’s no way she’d be ok with a cup and honestly you have to know your body really well to use a cup and a 13 year old is just not there yet.

They make period swimwear.

9 Likes

If you can’t find period panties for swimming you can use adult swim diapers

2 Likes

If she’s not used to tampons I wouldn’t get the cup as it might be difficult for her to learn where the correct placement for her body is especially first time usage… I’d have a conversation about tampons with her see if she is comfortable with them ultimately it’s her body and comfort is key.

4 Likes

There’s a period app​:flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Both my daughters started using tampons around 13. 1 daughter was a competitive swimmer and the other thought pads were just gross (I agree). I would NOT recommend the Cup for a teenager.

I have used a cup for several years now and wish I had know about them at ur daughters age. Tampons aren’t a bad thing if done properly and only worn while she’s swimming. The cup does have to be rinsed out every time or at least wiped out and rinsed ASAP after that if it’s not available to her at the time. Cups can be worn for up to 12hrs with no worry like there is with tampons. If she give the cup a try it truly could be a life changer for her. Like I said really wish I had knows about them at her age!

Tampons . They make sport tampons in super. Make sure to change every few hours. Don’t make her feel uncomfortable. Support her and let her choose what she wants to do.

3 Likes

There are now swim suits that are made for periods. They come in a variety of styles. My daughter is on the swim team and she wears them and has never had leaks. Try RubyLove.com.

5 Likes

They have bathing suits now for teen girls on their periods

1 Like

Billions of women have survived……. Move on

9 Likes

The pill can also cause fertility issues i didnt know that before i got on it. I dont feel comfortable with a tampoon in… I would try getting a bathing suit ment for periods they make everything now. Ive never tried the cups but i use the organic pads and my periods dont last as long with those ones

My 13 year old switched to tampons because her cycles were so heavy. We went through a couple different brands before finding one she loved and felt comfortable with.

2 Likes

They also have absorbable underwear for periods they’re pricy but seems worth it

1 Like

Jesus Christ just let her use a god damned tampon…for fucks sake…

18 Likes

My mom was the same way, just wouldn’t let me wear a tampon. I never understood it and as an adult with a daughter of my own I still don’t. If SHE is comfortable wearing tampons then let HER make that choice. It’s HER body and HER feminine hygiene. Stop being over protective and let HER decide!

They make organic tampons. Those are best with any activity. And some.cups are disposable

1 Like

I was always told that you cant use tampons unless you have had sex before

1 Like

I would go with your mom’s suggestion on this one , as a cup user myself they are the most naturally comfortable thing one can use on their periods , u actually forget u on your periods just visit youtube view videos on using them they are just wonderful

If you’ll let her use a cup then just give her the tampons, explains how it works. Don’t treat it like it’s sexual. But teach her as it’s normal and EVERY women or young girl goes through it.

Why are people laughing at this question??? What is wrong with a dad actually caring about a young woman’s emotional, mental, and physical well being? Smdh​:woman_facepalming:t2:I do think it’s kind of childish to say periods are gross tho. :neutral_face:

They make a satin teen tampon. Or the ultra light. They are smaller than a regular

I had a trip when I was 13 with the school the doctor gave me a pill (wasn’t contraception) that stopped it I had to start taking it 3 days before I was due a then stop when I wanted it to carry on. Completely harmless and did good for a temporary fix. I used this method a couple of times before I felt old enough to use tampons. Speak with your doctor they have plenty of solutions for it being short term !

I’m not sure with the age, but there is a pill you can request from the GP to delay your periods for such events. It’s not the same as the contraception pill.

Make an appointment with the gynecologist and get birth control. She can just use it for 1 month so she doesn’t get her period.

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-can-my-daughter-enjoy-vacation-while-on-her-period/9768

Why the hell should it matter to you about comfortability? If she feels okay wearing them to be able to enjoy vacation then let her! This is the dumbest question by far.

27 Likes

The cups are great, but they do take a learning curve on how to put them in and take them our properly. And traveling with them can be difficult because most bathrooms your in a stall and don’t have instant access to a sink without public eyes. Why don’t you want her to use tampons? I don’t see any other solution without them unfortunately

5 Likes

If your not comfortable with Tampons you won’t be comfortable with cups. IMO those require a “very” comfortable awareness with your anatomy especially for a Younger Teen at 13.

12 Likes

Let her wear a tampon I did at 13 and it made life so easier pass never were it for me

9 Likes

They have period swim bottoms

4 Likes

Too young. Women have lived outdoors and been camping on their periods for centuries. Shell be ok. Cup is messy.

2 Likes

Id say let her use the tampons kids are plenty capable.

4 Likes

Check out Period Swimwear | Kt by Knix

Is this post a joke?? Since when do periods stop girls or women from doing ANYTHING?? Gtfoh. 🤦🤦🤦

20 Likes

Wear the slim/light tampons. Might to change for frequent but will be much more comfortable

Check out https://www.rubylove.com/teen-period-swimwear?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5I2B_LSf8QIVB25vBB10dQX7EAAYAiAAEgKPd_D_BwE

Oh please let her try using tampons!

4 Likes

It’s a period, not the end of the world. You know what will traumatize your child…your views towards a normal womanly function. Teach her about tampons. It doesn’t take her virginity, if you still believe that backwards thinking. As a mom, get your own feelings in check, instead of projecting them onto your kid.

Never have had a period stop me from living “normally” even when I was young. Swimming and vacation is not a problem. Let her wear a tampon that’s what they are made for.

4 Likes

Period swimming underwear

2 Likes

if she would wanna try tampons there’s no harm in letting her I didn’t start using them myself until I was in high school because one day it was swim day at school and the teacher didn’t wanna hear I’m on my monthly as an excuse to not participate she told me it’s time to start using tampons and I’ve been using them ever since and never went back to pads the mini tampons that click do come in super absorbing size as well if you want her to enjoy the entire vacation and do everything with you I don’t see any other way than letting her try out tampons if only just for the duration of the trip