How do I confront my nanny/friend for stealing from me?

It’s theft. Have the cops pick her up

1 Like

Get the police involved then confront her with a charge sheet with police present.

1 Like

Wow well what is done is done now u have to figure out if telling her now verses after clinicals , if I did not have a sitter might try fake it just bc that’s your future :relaxed: opinion only and as far as what to do even thou u are hurt I would make her accountable for sure :heart::crown::pray::crown::pray::pray: good luck sweetie

Change your pin? Confront her. Then fire her. Seems pretty logical.

2 Likes

Wth call the cops! Rn

1 Like

Jasmin Fernandez has the best idea I’ve read so far.!!

1 Like

But change the pin first and see if she acts differently since it’s been changed then bring in the police

1 Like

Maybe she has a mental disorder that causes her to compulsively steal. I’m not making excuses at all because it still doesn’t make it okay in the slightest

2 Likes

How does she have access to your card to use the ATM

4 Likes

I had a friend do this too me. I told her I was on my way to the police to identify the person, and they came clean about it

2 Likes

Only confront her in front of the police or she will run

Why does she have your card AND pin ?

5 Likes

I’d play the video for her and make her watch it with you. Watch the guilt hit. Then call the cops.

Take her to the woods and come back with out her lol

1 Like

Fire. , jail and replace her today

1 Like

Fire her Immediately ! I wouldn’t Want Around My Kids . She would Have done been gone . And you Need to Charge Her With Withdrawing money , put her ass in Jail

I would not be questioning how to confront her…do it and then have the dirty thief charged !

1 Like

Have her babysit for the week and when it’s time to pay just say…. Oh you can take it from the money you stole

12 Likes

I would just bring it to the police. You don’t know what she would do if you confront her, could lead to a dangerous situation. Plus after stealing from a friend who was nice enough to give her a chance in the first place, she doesn’t deserve the effort.

6 Likes

My only question is how and why does she have your card and bank info to begin with

12 Likes

You know what you should do . Call police. If you let her back in your house you are just asking to have stuff stolen from you

4 Likes

This might be an unpopular opinion but I think now is a good time for compassion. Obviously she’s struggling with money if she feels the need to take it from you. I’m sure she wasn’t trying to cause big problems since she only took small amounts at a time. It was wrong for SURE, definitely wrong, but I would talk to her and ask why she felt the need to do that. And come up with a payment plan to pay you back

7 Likes

She has stolen money from you on MULTIPLE occasions and you are more worried about how to bring this up to her…??? I’m really not trying to sound rude but I would have called the cops and ready to press charges. I would have shown up with police officials.

Find someone new, Tell her you no longer need her help, then go to law enforcement with all your evidence.

2 Likes

You have PD waiting at your home when she arrives. That’s definitely not a FRIEND!!. She needs to know that there are consequences for her actions. Don’t let her mistake your kindness for weakness!. I’m so sorry this happened to you and your family. Hope you can immediately replace her!!

2 Likes

You don’t take this to the police…let them handle it…why did she have your debit card…

3 Likes

You don’t trust her with money but you trust her with your children? You need to look for someone else who can take care of them.

6 Likes

This happened to an ex of mine, his “friend” took his checkbook and wrote himself checks. Then went to his bank and cashed them.

Absolutely call the police, give them the ctv footage and press charges. Friendship over, just let it go, she doesn’t respect you if she’s willing to steal from you. Let her go to jail and teach her a lesson.

2 Likes

Change ur pin and have ur card replaced with a new number. Tell her byeeeee

4 Likes

Why didn’t you call the police ? Also how and why does she have your debit or credit card :credit_card: Mine are in my possession at all times. Don’t confront her . Give your evidence to the police :policewoman: Oh yeah how did she get your PIN number ? You had to give it to her . Is that why you haven’t had her arrested for stealing. Let her use it once gave her your PIN number.

4 Likes

you have video proof the fact that you are still allowing her around your children and in your home… ugh

I honestly would let it happen for this week and then report it to the cops

Tell her you have a surprise and take her to the police station🥰

4 Likes

She shouldn’t have your card or pin NUMBER ONE. And I’d add up all the charges and deduct it from her pay she is about to get. And if you already paid and she isn’t owed anything at the moment I’d demand she paid up immediately or you’re going to the police with ALL of the evidence. She is NOT your friend - And she is the worst type of person to have around you and your family and your home. She should never be allowed back in your house. I do not care one bit if she was / “is your friend” - Because, I hate to inform you, but you are being played! Do not go easy. This is such a huge matter. If your husband has to take a bit of time off work to watch the kids if you really need the help while you do your school work or what not, then that is what should be done. You are really stupid if you have her back in your house after all of this.

9 Likes

Report your card as lost or stolen, change the pin, keep all cards with you from now on!! See if she mentions anything about been broke. Or just report her to the police! Or or you could call her, explain you know what she has been doing and explain she could of confided in you if she was struggling financially

If you can’t trust her with your atm card, please don’t trust her with your children. Go straight to the police and let them handle it.

3 Likes

If you gave her access to your card their may not be much they can do. I’d call and talk to police to find out first if it’s even worth it. Report the card stolen and let her get picked up next time she uses it? Never trust anyone with your banking info unless they are on the account.

3 Likes

What is the total amount she has taken ? And second understand if it’s over a certain amount it’s a felony and if it’s a felony and she’s already a felon she will most certainly be facing jail time if you have the proof you have and choose to involve LE. But this will also depend on if you have aloud her access to a card and provided a pin , or given access to the account somehow. Verbal or written consent will matter as well. Also freeze the account or report fraud so she cannot access it anymore. If you don’t want to involve law enforcement and if you choose to to speak with her about and can afford to lose her as your nanny then be up front and tell her what you have discovered and see if she is willing to repay what she has taken and why she has taken it. If can’t afford to lose her I would make sure she doesn’t have access and wait to confront her till your in a better position to have her walk out.

Also I wouldn’t recommend confronting this person alone, With family or friend unless you choose to prosecute them I would say involve law enforcementc

Is she using the money to take the kids placing or maybe do things with them? That kind of stuff shouldn’t come out of her own pocket. I’m assuming this is why she has your bank information.
On the other hand, she’s a friend of yours, ask her why she did it. There may be something going on and she doesn’t want to ask for more money. Asking can’t hurt anything, then decide if you need to take it to the police.

My wife is a nanny and very honest. She’s worked for 3 families and on a 4th only because the other kids have gone to school. She has had their credit and gas cards and always has receipts for what she does. Long story short…find someone reputable and honest.

Option 1:Cancel that card. Let her come watch your kids so you can do your shifts. Then give all the info to the police.
Option 2: turn the info into the police and find someone else to watch your kids.

Take her for dinner, let her eat her belly full. Then tell her you have all the evidence of her stealing from you and you’re calling the cops. I guess she would puke all that dinner up!!

Go press charges. Why let a lying thief back in your house anymore, especially around your children? It doesn’t matter if your banking information/cards or cash was laying in front of her, she has no right to take it period! Send her to jail! Wonder how many other people she has done this to already or will do it to if you let it go. :rage::rage:

4 Likes

I would be taking all the info you have to the police and getting a lawyer.

Now! I would press charges before you confront her

I would ask her if there’s anything she needs to tell you before you arrive at the police station

So I went through something similar the fact she has your PIN number and card that you gave her you most likely will not be able to press charges and will have to take her to small claims court. If she took the card without your knowledge then the police will press charges for theft.

1 Like

I would play it cool for this week an allow her to help you out. Obviously don’t allow her to have your debit card this week. If that’s how she has been taken the cash out. Then at the end of the week when she wants her pay I would have you an your husband both there an confront her: make her leave with the cops an charges… I would be very pissed off. Knowing gave her a chance to make income because she clearly can’t get hired anywhere else. An the fact she lies to your face apologizing for “someone else” when it’s really her. Urghhh it will definitely be hard to keep your cool this week while she’s around…: or if you have anyone else to watch the kids this week set that up…go pick her up an confront her tonight !!! … really want an update on this outcome!!

1 Like

Balderdash .invite police over.

3 Likes

You confront her with a couple of cops and a arrest warrant

5 Likes

She isn’t your friend. Call the police.

6 Likes

Dont say a word, take your evidence to the DAs office. They will issue a warrent. Then, when she is at Your house, you can drop that dime on her and let the police deal. Thing is…do u have coverage for the kids. Taking nursing finals can be super stressful as well as finishing clinicals. I would be worried about what the kids may have seen, heard, been exposed to. Also Id worry if anything inappropriate happened. If they are old enough Id hint around. Also u might wanna get a nanny cam too. If she knows u r on to her or even suspects…lord knows what this grimmy person would do to your kids.

4 Likes

Tell her that you went to the gas station where all the ATM transactions happened and the store manager gave you the camera footage have her sit beside you and act like you’re watching it for the first time. At that time you won’t even have to ask she will have no choice but to explain herself. Quite honestly I would take a step further and record her reaction which may help in court

3 Likes

Use her to watch your kids through finals and at the end… do not pay her. When she asks for her money… tell her (while recording) she can take it out of the money she’s stolen from you.

6 Likes

Fire her and call the police and charge her ass :woozy_face: that’s NOT a friend girl.

change ur no thats so crap

Why do you have the police at your house before you pick her up. When you get home they can say to you hi ma’am we are here to follow up on your report on your possible
ATM thefts. As you all sit down ( including the nanny) & act like you are going through the report & then the police will say that we have video of ATM at the convenience store. We would like to see if you can recognize anyone. Either she will either fuss up & admitted it or ignore it. If she ignores it & tries to leave the room or house. Say no I need your help to see if you can recognize someone too. Once you are looking at It the video you can jump up & turn around & say how could you do this to me & My kids
Just a suggestion

8 Likes

I wouldn’t trust someone like that with my kids either. She’s obviously at the very least a liar.

2 Likes

how did she get your ATM Card? or did you give it to her?

2 Likes

You don’t say a word.
You just file charges and press charges and allow the police to inform her when they show up to arrest her.
Set it up with the police to be at your house when she shows up for work.

4 Likes

Please DO NOT let her continue to watch your kids. Not even until the end of the week. If she’s willing to steal from your family, she obviously doesn’t give two fucks about your kids. You are simply a cash cow for her.

If it’s gone that far don’t even let her around your children. It’s serious so you might wanna consider taking time off from school until you get it all Situated, realistically:/ I hope it all works out for you

2 Likes

Smack yourself for being stupid and giving her your pin number and such obviously easy access to your card :woman_shrugging:t4::roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t4:

8 Likes

You gave her a card and the pin??? Why???

3 Likes

Why did she have access to your card?

4 Likes

Use her then don’t pay her. You have enough evidence.

Well ur first mistake was hiring a friend who committed a felony to wat h tour children, that was major mistake one. Major mistake 2 was allowing her to have access to your bank account and atm card, if u needed her to have funds for ur kids u should have gave her exactly what she need for that only. 3rd mistake ur currently making is not firing her asap. I went to nursing school it’s alot but it’s on you to find better care for ur kids tbh it sucks but u need to take a step back from school till u find better childcare. Because first it’s steeling then ur kids get hurt. Get her arrested asap and don’t let her back again. She’s not ur friend, never was.

1 Like

Honestly, tho, I’d keep using her for babysitting and cancel the card(s). And, obviously, make sure she doesn’t get access to it. When she brings up payment, tell her to deduct it from the money she’s stolen from you.

10 Likes

I went through this same thing but with larger amounts & didn’t notice till we were booking our vacation. My husband and I were looking at our accounts and sure enough money was being taken sometimes every single day. The only red flag was that neither of us went to the store that day and there was a charge. My friend was coming over and hanging out, stealing my card and then coming back. I had no idea.
I gave my friend my card when she would be at my house she would offer to run and get drinks etc for the children who would be swimming at our home. So I had given her my pin. I also got the cops involved and we had videos of her for over. 6 month period.
This is a terrible situation & I will tell you this. Don’t confront her alone…
Be prepared for her to never tell you the truth. Then get her out of your life immediately!!
Good luck sweetie.

3 Likes

And for anyone saying she’s stupid for giving her the card - a lot of nannies have access to cards.

You take it to the police, press charges and let them arrest her

7 Likes

I’m confused! How does she withdraw money from your account? Does she have access to you bank card and your pin? If so then I would say you are in this because of your ignorance of the facts!. You hire someone who has committed a class 5 felony to look after your children! How on earth can you trust her with your kids….and then you allow her access to your bank card knowing her past?!
You are in this situation because of you….

If you gave her your card and pin number the police will not do anything about . So you better put a stop to it now . Honesty is best sit her down and ask if she needed more money all she had to do was ask not take it without asking. I thoyght we were close enough friends that we could Trust each other but you have made withdrawls from my account from the ATM machine at (so n so) and have proof of it. Why couldn’t you just ask me for money?

She’s not a friend if she steals from you. File charges. Don’t feel guilty, she didn’t

2 Likes

First off why does she have your debit card???
Secondly if you need her to help with the kids through finals you may want to wait until they are over! In the meantime Id either change the pin or cancel the card

3 Likes

Don’t. Just take the evidence straight to the police and press charges.

4 Likes

Immediately and with evidence.

Call the police and bring her to your house to be picked up… that’s what I would do🤷‍♀️ it’s truly not your fault, we have all (mostly) trusted someone who stabbed us in the back… it’s life.

2 Likes

Immediately lol what?

Everyone is asking why she let her use her card and have the pin and I’m over here like you let a class 5 felon watch your kids?

10 Likes

Havé her do thé work. And come pay day , tell her she’s paid her self with tjr theft.

5 Likes

Why dose she have access to your account? There is absolutely no reason for her to have access to your card or pin #. Sit her down to watch a movie and put on the video of her at the ATM.

9 Likes

If she is paying cash are you sure the money she is withdrawing isn’t for the purchase?

I wouldn’t confront her I’d turn it over to police get someone else watch kids cancel atm card

3 Likes

Unless you are pressing charges I’d say fire her and cut your losses. If she’s that brazen no telling what she would do being confronted. Find other arrangements for this week best you can and plead with teachers if need be for special accommodations. I sure as hell wouldn’t be picking her up and would end it today

3 Likes

not for nothin but’ this is nonsense? if you dont need to check your balance for 7 months while in nursing school? that in it’s self is a dreamy lifestyle…YET’ documentation is strict REALLY imrtant in practice period? just my thought!

1 Like

1st off, why would you trust a felon with your kids, 2nd why does she have your card
Don’t wait, call authorities with your proof
Have a friend, family member or your husband take vaca time so you can do your finals

The only issue here is, she didn’t steal your card, it was given to her, along with the pin so it’s going to be hard to fight.

5 Likes

Forget the cash!!! What about your children? Are they safe with her!!!

3 Likes

Fire her immediately!!! She cannot be
Trusted with something as precious as your children!!!

6 Likes

I’m so sorry that someone you thought was your friend, did this to you.
That must be so hurtful.
I’m not going to ask why you gave her access to your debit card. You clearly thought she was a friend.
Just go to the police with all of your information.
If you confront her, she will play on your friendship. SHE did this to YOU!!
Choices have consequences and she made her choices over and over and over again.
Good luck!!

2 Likes

Tell her you got an interesting video that you cant seem to understand and ask her if she would watch and help you… She of course will say yes… Play the video as you call the cops… File the report and tell her have fun behind bars…

Why does she have the debit card with the pin in the first place? You gave her access to those things so this would be hard to fight in my opinion

1 Like

How come she has access to your cards? Cancel them. An she definitely no friend a true one wouldn’t even consider doing that.Fire her an don’t pay her.

Yall are some seriously judgmental people in this group. Like what you’ve never given someone a second chance and got screwed? I know I have.

Girl… get this women out of your life. Have her arrested. Tell her to leave. Don’t pick her up… do what you feel is safest and in the best interest of your family.
Fuck all these Jack ass women in this group that are being rude.

Nope … change PIN number after so many times she will be locked out … then have her prosecuted… I’d be afraid she would take off with the kids if she gets scared of being arrested. :rage::pleading_face::pleading_face:

Call the police to go with you dear girl

She would of got the boot along with a punch in the head :joy::rofl:

Get it together now and stop this

They won’t arrest her unless you can prove you never have her permission to take the money. If she was given the card and the pin then , it may be hard to fight. If she stole the card and stole the pin then yes that’s different , but either way I would NOT have her in your house or around your children and belongings even if you are busy with school!!! She stole from you and your family. Find a new sitter. It will look bad if you do turn her in that you knew about it and still kept her in your house and around your family.

1 Like