How do you get over or move past resenting your partner?

You don’t. It gets worse especially if he thinks he’s not doing anything wrong

First off… Stop having babies with this man…

Sounds like it’s time to cut your losses and leave.

I am disabled and he won’t do shit around the house. He had a chance to watch his son be born, and he wouldn’t. Wimp ass narc.

I don’t think you can move past it without something changing for the better.

While in labor with my youngest daughter, my husband (ex now) was on the phone with MY BOSS making a date to see her after I give birth!! Like wtactualFCK dude!! 🤦🤬

1 Like

So why are you still reproducing with him? :thinking:

You are a single parent leave him. He probably won’t even notice.

Don’t get past it? Sit him down and talk to him about it? Be a grown up.

Leave him. You are unhappy, you have a right to resent him! HE should be asking how he can better himself and trying to put in work!

If you are doing everything alone why do you need him.If he is that unfeeling move on…

Accept it how it is or leave because he will never change.

Both of them except the last, but you only have 2?

Do you value what he offers you? He took in your daughter from a previous relationship and affords you the opportunity to stay at home with the kids. He might not have been raised to celebrate holidays, many don’t. Jehovah’s Witness for example do not celebrate dates like that. Not feeling appreciated is hard, but also think of his side, if he’s working outside the home so you can stay at home, he’s bound to have some resentment there too. Talk with him, express gratitude for to him and share that you too would like to be acknowledged for your contributions. At the end of the day, is it worth staying? Will the resentment grow? If after talking and there’s no change, then it might be best to walk away and start anew. I wish you well. I’ve had to start over, it’s hard, but it was what was best for me, and it might not be for you.

Why are you with him?

So like he won’t work at a job and bring on income?

Is this really a question?

Take a stand lay out your expectations if he won’t at least try then say bye you & your kids deserve better God bless

I would encourage you to seek counseling. If he won’t go with you, go yourself. I hope you find some peace for yourself. You don’t have to live like this.

Leave babe. YOU and your KIDS deserve better. They need a role model, you need a partner, not a man child

Been there.
It’s hard. In my experience it never got better.

1 Like

my heart feels broken for you😥you as a mom deserve so much better.good luck in whatever you decide🙏

I actually took a photo of your post because I literally thought I was looking at a memory of my own posts! This is my life. Literally. If you want to commiserate with me, let’s be friends :joy::joy::joy: but also, I saw a comment on here about acceptance. That’s the best advice you’ll get. I accepted that this was my life now, or for the moment, and have left a lot better about my situation. And believe it or not, when you stop resenting someone they start to change as well. Which in turn makes life easier and communication better.

You ain’t got a man you got yourself a mamas boy who wants you to wait on him hand and foot :pensive:

1 Like

Leave. He will never change.

4 Likes

People treat you how you allow them to treat you. Period.

Don’t get past it. Leave him. You deserve help.

1 Like

You can’t get over resentment if he keeps on hurting you.

Get a better partner.
You can’t force him to be something he doesn’t want to be.

1 Like

You deserve help…all mothers need help. This sounds sad

Yes leave him. Your doing it alone anyway u deserve better

You can do bad all by yourself! Time to go!

Don’t wast anymore time.love yourself and be HAPPY.You will never find a good Man if you stay.

That’s not resentment babe, that’s realizing you deserve better.

:purple_heart::purple_heart:

Praying for you, Mama. Communicate your feelings. If that isn’t enough to make him see there is a problem, leave.

Help him pack up his shit! You are being a single mom already

Get rid of him sounds like he’s no good and you’re better off alone

OMG…honey, that sounds like my marriage of 31 years !!!
Don’t. Don’t. Don’t. Don’t
Put up with it !!!
The resentment tears you down and just makes you so depressed.
Please, sit him down and talk, talk, talk. Don’t let this go on. You’ll wind up being a 68 yr old widow, who won’t trust any other man for a relationship.
(I was widowed at 52.)

If you can, leave him! He’ll never change. You deserve better.

I know how you feel. It’s not easy. But you’re not alone. Sending hugs :heartbeat:

NOT recommending it but… I admit it, I dealt with by breaking his nose. :woman_facepalming:t3: I’m really only sorta sorry about it :woman_shrugging:t3:

Keep having babies with him for sure.

Yes, find a new man.

Leave, be your own hero. Now. While you still can.

No. Get rid of him. He’s just adding to your misery :disappointed_relieved:

If I was you he’d be kicked out

Sounds like you two need to sit and have a conversation. Tell him how you feel if it still doesn’t click with him I would walk.

2 Likes

You need to either tell him all of this or leave him.

Sounds like somebody I would kick to the curb.

Actions speak louder then words… know your worth!!:heart:

Throw the whole man away

Yeah I’d be done with him , :v:t2:

Leave him ! What the point of being with someone that makes you feel lonely or unwanted!! Why stay you can do so much without him so do you ! Self love is the best love …don’t waste your time , the time you lost yesterday you can’t bring it back :wink:

2 Likes

If hes not contributing to anything. Both house work or raising the children. Its really an easy question… its about your children now. That’s your priority now… good luck…

Dump his sad butt and make him pay child iwould rather be on my own than alooser

When people show you WHO THEY ARE, believe them!!!

Well for starters stop having kids with him…

Maybe find a good guy not a A>hole sounding 1 like this … hard to figure how people treat others so bad never have understood it but they do everyday

1 Like

Why are you with him.

If you want to get past the resentment…and I can’t be any more clear about this. THROW THE WHOLE MAN AWAY. You know his behavior is causing these feelings and he isn’t changing it. Stop allowing him to treat you that way when the next man might want to eat cheerios off your naked body and worship the ground you walk on!

You don’t. You leave wtf peice of shit person is your husband. Ewww

You need to communicate this to him, and if he can’t step up, then you need to put him out if he can’t rise to the occasion if having a family

1 Like

Not until you heal, but why be with him if he makes you miserable? Why have babies with someone who doesn’t help? You can eliminate the nonsense. You. Read up on some psychology. Audio books work for me while I’m busy with my toddler.

Don’t take it the wrong way, but if you’ve spoken to him and sad how he’s making you feel and he still doest help out I’d kick him to the curb! And take Jim to court for child support

there are men out there who will treat you like the queen you are. I’m sorry he’s that way. I don’t think my hubby has ever missed the chance to celebrate, consider, or honor me. Every woman who bears a man’s children and works hard to satisfy and please her man deserves the same in return. Dont sell yourself short, mama. You deserve to be considered, helped, admired, honored and loved!

1 Like

Yes make a list good and bad then ask does he give you more pleasure or more pain then take care of yourself

I would get past it by leaving.

Yeah time to have this conversation with him or leave

Sorry to say but if you’re unhappy, just leave. Know your worth and don’t settle for less

It’s called finding a new man

1 Like

You need to put your foot down to him let it out

Id use this time to work on you. While being a sahm start lining your ducks up. With covid its gonna be hard to just leave right now. Start looking for a job even a work from home one. Rents gonna need to get paid if you leave him. Are you gonna put the kids in daycare so you can work? What if things get locked down again.

What id do if talk to him n tell him exactly what you need from him. Dont just say I’m overwhelmed and need help some (like my hubby was) need more clear information :sweat_smile: I need you to do xyz. If its something on a time limit I do lie n say its due like a day or 2 before or a hour early for appointments :joy::woman_facepalming:. I even did a chore chart cause even tho I’m a sahm to 4 I am not a slave and I’m only one person. He does things now without me needing to say anything but he didn’t really know how to do certain things you’d think a dad would know. But he has reasons for that. Or get a job and have him pay half of daycare and half of the housework.

I let my husband get some sleep while I was waiting to give birth :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Communicate. Communicate. Communicate.

It should be 50/50, regardless. My husband and I are first-time parents… he works 12 hour+ days… and still will come home, do whatever needs to be done. Plays with our son, gets him ready for bed , cooks dinner, etc. there’s no excuse. I’m a SAHM, work part-time and will be starting school full-time in a couple of weeks. I’m not a housewife, but my husband and I are team… because it’s his child, too… hell, hell even pick up my slack when I have my rough days, lol…
and you need to emphasis that to your husband.

And if he still doesn’t acknowledge and work on change, then leave his ass. If you feel like you’re living like a single mom, might as well leave him. Because clearly he doesn’t want to change, or cares…

RUN as fast as you can :slightly_smiling_face:

Leave he is just a free loader.

Have you talked with him about this? If not you need to start there because he can’t read your mind and men think way differently than women. He may not realize that you’re upset! He may feel like he does a lot that he’s not recognized for just like you do. Open up a dialogue and see where it leads before just throwing in the towel. Communications extremely important in a successful relationship and if you don’t have that you don’t really have much of anything, relationship-wise.

Water is poisonous now

I would communicate that to him ane if you see no changes within 6 months, I’d leave.

1 Like

Leave him, that’s how I would get over him. What a dick! YOU are amazing and deserve better, and without him sounds better. Sorry love!

Leave, he’s basically your 4th kid

You get over it by moving on and finding someone that will give you what you need

Sounds like my ex husband

Don’t bother. Just leave. I promise you’ll be happier, your life won’t be any different than it is now except you won’t have to deal with his shit.

Not unless he changes imo.

Stop having babies every year for 1 thing.

You know what to do!

Move on,life’s to short

Have you tried talking to him?

Pray that God change YOU. Pray that God works on him. Either he will improve or you will be strong enough to walk away especially since you are pretty much single anyway.

Yep. Get rid of him. You dont need another person to soothe and try to make happy

Stop having children with him. You knew who he was immediately and just keep allowing it.

If you feel like a single mother you might as well be one!!!

Look up the description of a Narcissist.

1 Like

Oh honey Chuck his ass out the door

Yeah, leave his ass and find a new man.

You leave the relationship.

Yes there’s a way to get over it. LEAVE.

You leave his useless ass and surprisingly everything becomes better

Leave him!! He doesn’t appreciate you or give a fuxk…you are better off without him!!!