How do you know it's time to end a relationship?

To the curb.
Her out now.

Tell him it’s time to go

1 Like

get rid of that looser!!

Get rid of him, the sooner the bettet

Get his ass outta yo house now

Sounds like you have four children not three…
That’s not a partnership that’s a grown ass man being taken care of by a strong independent woman sounds like it’s time to drop a dead beat

2 Likes

Get your kids ur clothes ur car ur cash and wave :wave:t2: ! Bye bullshit :green_heart: Cause nothing else matters! :raising_hand_woman:t3:

:wave:t4: time to say goodbye.

Get him the hell out…!

Get rid of him ASAP!

Time to say goodbye!

Get out now don’t stay

Say bye :wave:. Better is out there

kick his ass to the curb

Suck it up butter cup

This society is weak as hell lmao

Too tired to edit sorry

You know the answer to your question. Bite the bullet and do it!

1 Like

Kick him to the curb. What a ffing loser​:roll_eyes::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Good lord kick his ass to the curb!!

Kick him to the curb already

Time tosay…Bye Felicia!

1 Like

Tell him to walk. Right out of your life.

If you’re thinking about it then it’s time

1 Like

If you’re considering, then it’s probably time… Happy healthy relationships generally don’t contemplate this question.

1 Like

Tell him to hit the road

2 Likes

Run as fast as you can and take your kids

2 Likes

If you have 3 kids to take care of you don’t need to take care of a man too! First he would be paying for anything he got as “take out”, even a coffee. If he wants to control the internet he would certainly be paying for it. You have 4 people to feed so certain things you should be contributing more money for but he should be giving you a portion of money monthly for his meals and use of electric etc that isn’t covered by rent. Tell him how you feel and let him leave if he don’t like it. Don’t support a man. If you aren’t in love with him then ask him to leave regardless of finances. Good luck!

8 Likes

I’m with Christine Congdon

1 Like

Sorry but his not there dad,
If anyone treated my kids like that I would leave.
You don’t need him he is using you.
Move on you will be much better off and happier!
Good luck :wink:

4 Likes

Stand up for your kids. Please.

1 Like

Never ever mess with my kids! I will do the correcting or not. He needs to go.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with him taking away electronics for them giving attitude. I would talk about money. Not sure how that equates to him not loving you.

8 Likes

Sounds like my ex time to move on . It doesn’t get any better :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Trust your gut. It’s not a good situation and this guy isn’t contributing to the household and sounds like a piece of work. Don’t subject yourself or your kids anymore to a controlling dick. If he has mental health issues than he needs to address them but being a controlling and distant jerk isn’t how you handle it.

Why would you need advice put your kids first and get out if he’s carrying on like a prick

Are you sure he’s not suffering from some mental illness, depression, bipolar etc?

His actions sound sudden and strange.

However, if I’m living with someone who has kids and that person wished me to be a mother figure in their life, yes I will discipline them if the occasion warrants. I’m not going to physically discipline them, but grounding them, revoking their privileges…yes

I would have taken the same actions if they were mine. If I discipline them it is out of love, I would wish for them to grow to be the best versions of themselves.

Just my opinion

2 Likes

I probably am not the favorable answer here, but ill say it anyways. After 3 yrs together I think disciplining the kids by taking away toys or devices or limiting internet use fine. My husband is not my daughters bio father but he’s been punishing her (and our boys) since she was 1 (she’s 11 now) .

Id definitely talk to him about getting a job and thr money situation.

2 Likes

Sounds like you had a roommate to begin with. Time to tell him to leave if he is getting on your nerves

1 Like

Put your foot down, set your boundaries, and stick to them. Do what’s best for you, and your children. If he doesn’t change, then end it. It’s not worth losing your peace of mind over someone who doesn’t even try.

1 Like

Kick the bum out! He was used to his parents supporting his grown ass and now expects you to do it.

When you ask what you just asked

Talk to him. Make an agreement that works for all of you. Ask him his feelings. Things change and people change. If things don’t improve after that then go your separate ways.

2 Likes

Talk to him about how you feel and then let him know if you feel it’s time to move on. Don’t feel bad if he has no where to go either. He should be saving money regardless for any type of emergency. Hope you find happiness xoxo

Just be honest an say things have changed an for the best interest of your kids an yourself you need to move on an so should he- easier said than done but good luck to you

Him taking away their devices because they’re being disrespectful isn’t controlling it’s called discipline! My fiancé and I do that with each others kids. If you pay the internet then tell him you control it. Sounds to me like you and him need to have a one on one and either get on the same page (you will both have to compromise in areas) or move on :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

If your kids are disrespectful by back talking, they deserve to get their electronics taken away. After 3 years together, he should be able to discipline them. It’s not abuse. As far as not splitting the all the bills, half and half is asking a bit much. There’s 4 of you and one of him. You don’t like that he’s disciplining your kids, then don’t ask that he covers half of their expenses each month. Food, electric, water, going out, hygiene products.

1 Like

If you have to ask, you already know it’s time. If you can point out that many negatives and no positives, you’re already gone. You have permission to leave. You have permission to do what’s best for you.

2 Likes

Ask him out right, if u don’t get a change in behavior, leave him

1 Like

Sounds like a piece of shit

Get. Rid. Of. Him. He. Has. No. Rite. To punish. You’re kids

1 Like

You should have not let it go on this long. Kick him out he will not change only get worse.

Girl time to say bye…it won’t get any better…

You need to speak to him. Be honest. You should of had a conversation before the move of expectations on both parts. If you really want to break up, same thing… be honest with him. Tell him it’s not working out and it’s in the best interest of you and your kids that you go your separate ways

2 Likes

Have you voiced your concerns to him or just here? Because the person you gotta hash that out with, is him. None of us are paying your bills either.

I don’t think he’s in the wrong at all for punishing by taking devices. If only you discipline, they learn don’t do it around mom. If all adults discipline, they learn true right from wrong. They don’t have to like him. But if you expect him to be equal in your home, everything has to be equal.

When you’re asking how you know it’s time to end a relationship

4 Likes

Send him on his way. Not a good situation for your kids.

1 Like

Get rid of the loser…you and your kids deserve better…

2 Likes

Sounds like you take care of you and the kids fine. You know you deserve better in a relationship. Have a talk but I see the writing on the wall.

1 Like

Definitely voice your concerns. Communication is the key. Have you talked to him about how your feeling?

Sounds like depression or just a roommate situation. Talk.

Time for him to go. It sounds like he isn’t really happy either,but could be staying bc he has it good there. Time for you to move on with your children.

1 Like

Have the hard conversation. Leave nothing out. Follow your gut it will never steer you wrong. And if you are not happy then it’s time to end it. A leopard can’t change its spots

Run , life’s to short

Time for him to go !!

Sounds like you already know love… Get out before you’re a decade on and you’ve lost yourself

1 Like

Dump him and move on

He was still living with daddy. What do u think was going to happen

Sounds like you have just gained another kid cut him off

1 Like

Think only of your kids and what he is doing to their senses of self. That’s bad enough. You can always get a roommate. You owe him nothing. Don’t be afraid to be alone. You are being isolated already.

5 Likes

Your mum says he’s controlling but he follows you around your family’s house like a puppy - that sounds more like he’s uncomfortable and following your lead to me? Idg why everyone’s saying ditch him, thoughts like this are normal in a bad spot of a long term relationship. Talk to him genuinely before you decide to do anything, guys can have a hard time talking about their feelings and he could just be struggling with something fixable. If not then by all means end it, but give him a chance first

24 Likes

You’ll just know. Explain your feelings to him, not us. See if he feels the same way. He’s acting like he doesn’t love you. He sounds like he’s using you. Tell him you don’t feel the same anymore and you need to see change or it’s over. It sounds like it may end mutual to be honest but be firm that you are not happy & that this cannot continue.

4 Likes

You don’t need him and especially if he is not the children’s father. Forget about him and any other men until your little children are reared. It’s the children that suffer when their Mothers bring other men into their home. Enjoy your life and time with your little children for now. Do they meet their Dad.

4 Likes

Unless you have said it’s ok and you have agreed on things, he shouldn’t be punishing your kids. If they need it YOU should be doing the punishments. If it was your home to start with, he shouldn’t be controlling anything. You need to talk to him. If he won’t then he needs to go. If there is no communication there is no relationship. You just have a bad roommate.

20 Likes

Sounds ridiculous but here goes.
Can you kiss him on the lips?
Passionately without going, ugh?.
If not it’s time. You deserve more than you think.

20 Likes

Why is everyone so quick to end a relationship? Talk to him and ask him the things that are on your mind. If he won’t talk about it give him a option, either talk about the issues you have or then after trying every option then end the relationship. Relationship are hard but nothing worth having is easy.

19 Likes

You have allowed him liberties he never should have had. The reason he moved in wasn’t a good reason. A person about to become homeless will do and say anything necessary to get in the door. You’ve allowed him to abuse your children. Your kids should be your primary motivation in putting him out. You do know what to do. Protect your kids!

10 Likes

Have a talk with him, be direct about everything you said here and how you’re feeling about it all. If he wants the relationship, I would suggest couples therapy. If he doesn’t care, it’s time to end the relationship.

Pack his bags and tell him to leave now. He is going get worse and worse.

11 Likes

If you are asking yourself these questions and opinions of everyone else deep down you know you have to leave or get rid of him your doubting your relationship .

24 Likes

It’s done girl. Sorry to say it but it is time to get out. You do not need to be in the business of collecting red flags and you certainly do not need your children thinking this is normal healthy behavior. Would you be ok if your children were with people who treated them that way when they become adults? Answer better be no.

2 Likes

Boot his ass out. He’s literally just a roommate. And if that’s what you want, there are better ones out there. Bet he starts acting right if you mention him finding his own place. But only for a little while, then he will do what he’s doing now all over again. It’s over. It’s been over. Sorry hun. There is much better out there.

2 Likes

Any situation with all this drama says … go live alone with your minor children until you all have your shit together… no man worth upheaving my kids lifestyle of normalcy :raising_hand_woman:t3: bye bullshit

8 Likes

First of all he is not your kid’s dad. He has no place punishing them especially when he doesn’t have the role of being your husband. As far as him not paying for hygiene products, eating out or any other bills other than half the rent, honey that’s called mooching straight up.!. kick this bum to the curb before your kids grow up and have deep seeded resentments towards you

1 Like

It’s a big step, but it’s time! He was living with his Dad, then with you. He needs to get his own place now

2 Likes

As an adult man, he was living with his father? That seems a bit odd to me. And he didn’t want to move to be with his parents when they decided to live together again? If he’s not giving his full share of the expenses, tell him to leave.

You know what to do. But it hard to let go. You need to talk to him and see where he’s at with the relationship. Sound like he’s just comfortable . Is the intimacy still good. If not. Sure sign that things have changed.

I never let my boyfriend punish my kids.Anything to do with discipline was my job.He sounds like a loser, get rid of him im sure you will find someone better.

1 Like

I would talk to him first, especially over setting boundaries for your children and controlling things in the house. He doesn’t get to just be angry without an explanation. Also try to find out what is going on with him, it could be anxiety or depression…That can make people seem like they don’t care, though that might not be the case. If you get nothing out of him but being an asshole, then I’d be done…because he has already checked out of the relationship.

One mistake a woman makes, is allowing the Boyfriend to correct her children… Next mistake is allowing him to control things… The biggest mistake is allowing him to move in, in the first place… GIRL you can do it, on your own… I made the same mistakes… Talking from experience… You are stronger than you realize… TAKE BACK YOUR POWER…

he is just not into you. if he was he would want to take care of you. you basically answered your own question. it will not get better. probably will get worse. its hard but is prob what’s best for you and you’re family

So is he only paying half of rent or is it full rent. I’m not saying he should be punishing your children but would you also be taking their devices away for attitude and backtalk is it towards him and if it is why is it okay for them to do that. Was he talkative to your family in the beginning or has he always been a lost puppy. Has he been showing any other strange behavior or nah? There are so many questions to ask him and yourself but In the end you already know what you want to do with your life. Just trust your gut.

I’d have a talk with him and see what page he’s on. If there are things that needs to be fixed and so on. Then discuss how you don’t like how he punishes your kids. You are the parent here, you and him are not married yet and therefore you have more control over your children then he does. Talk to him about what responsibilities you and him need to spilt when it comes to bills. Communication is the baseroot to every relationship. Lastly, he might be uncomfortable around some of your family members. My husband is uncomfortable around my uncle for good reasons, so I’m not going to force him to talk if he doesn’t want to. Him and I are both introverts, so I understand my husband completely. But again, discuss with him and if you both mutually want to break up…or fix the problems then thats what needs to be done.

So he moved out from under the care of his parent, then you decided to take care of him?? Follows you around at your parent’s house?? He’s mean to your kids, and won’t even communicate like an adult? Annnd you buy his hygiene supplies? …“He controls the internet”- what does that mean? The internet YOU pay for? Ma’am, you have 3 kids sitting there watching this foolishness. Why are you still hanging on to this clown? Because he pays rent?

Since there’s kids involved, even though they’re not his he has been in their lives for a while, I think I would try counseling.

Ask him to leave.
Then put all his stuff in a bag and end it.
It doesn’t sound like a win/ win for anyone but him

If her children are being rude and back chatting he has every right to take their devices away… his not hitting them or being unnecessarily cruel however If you don’t want him doing it, tell him. In terms of money, bills and paying for everything she needs to discuss that with him, if he can’t meet the expectations after a conversation, then yes she should end the relationship. BUT bare in mind their is her and her 3 children so 4 of them and one of him, should be split fairly, if he is not allowed to pull them up for being rude ect he shouldn’t have to support them financially either. Him controlling the internet, unsure what that means. If he only let’s her use it sometimes, that’s weird and controlling. If by control she means he pays it and chooses who they have it through but she can use it whenever she wants, I don’t see the big deal. Lastly if he is following her around at her parents house and doesn’t talk maybe there’s a reason why? They could be not nice people? Her parents could be rude to him, two sides to every story.

1 Like

He needs to go.Thats not love.Anybody treated my family that way would not be sticking around.Also he does not share the bills nope send him packing it just gets worse from there

Without a commitment, he had no say over my kids. And sometimes with a commitment if he’s not being fair or truly caring.

This is how you know it’s time to end something.
All of that right there.