How do you know it's time to end a relationship?

You need to grow up!!! My parents were divorced and have both passed away and still do this day all my dads side of the family call my mom their sister in law or their cousin and the same goes for my moms side of the family.

2 Likes

My ex husbands dad and step mom still refer to me as their daughter in law. I still call them mother and father in law. Who cares! Especially if they have kids together what’s the big deal?

2 Likes

If you need to ask this question you already have your answer!!
If your looking for someone to say it’s time to walk away – go head Queen, find a new castle :two_hearts:

did u just finally run out of other petty shit to bitch about or…?
you basically said “hey should i destroy my family and leave my partner of 3 decades because his ex wife still likes his family”
Makes me feel for your husband. is he a drinker? if i were him i would be a drinker…

When you are reaching out like this … then you know

If you’re unhappy, leave. Plain and simple. Remember, you can not control other people’s actions. This appears to be insecurities that can be solved if you remind yourself that you are married to him now, not his exes. Don’t hinder your own happiness. Therapy can help as well.

3 Likes

I think you’re overreacting and being petty. What his exes say on social media is none of your business. And what his sisters and mother replies is none of your business. They’re allowed to post whatever they chose to post. Why should he get on social media and tell anyone what to say and what not to say. That’s childish and controlling. Time to grow up.

1 Like

If they all got along and still get along then they can call each other whatever they want. Yes they aren’t related or married into the family anymore, but blood and marriage does not make a family. Friends of mine use to call my grandma, Mama Jo (her nickname given that all us grandchildren called her). They thought of her as their grandma as much as I did. There isn’t anything wrong with it and def not something to leave your husband over for.

Him/Her are divorved that has nothing to do with everyones else relationship with his ex. I am divorced and I still call his parents my parents, PERIOD! I have two of their grandchildren and THAT relationship will NEVER end. It surely isn’t the same but we are STILL family!

2 Likes

Yikes. Whatever did we do before social media? Take a break from the socials and reconnect with your husband. They were once married and have children together. Just because their divorced doesn’t mean that she has a bad relationship with her “ex” MIL/siblings they’re the grandmother/aunts of their children together.

2 Likes

You’re being petty. My bonus daughter was married and they are now divorced. I still call him my son -in-law. If she ever gets married again he will still be my son-in-law.

2 Likes

I don’t see this as a problem, but we all have different opinions. I just feel like y’all to old, for you to be worried about this after 29years of marriage😅

6 Likes

My ex sister and brother in law in still call them my SIL and BIL. and im close with ex my husbands parents. We do family functions and get together with them and my boyfriend comes and I do the same with his ex wife. It’s about the kids not you.

You need to get a grip hes with you they will always have some communications with exes when children are involved and they try to make it nice for the children’s sake that is all so who cares who calls what what dont pay attention to that nonsense

When your questioning the stability of it…

1 Like

Sorry I feel what your saying but you obviously are lucky enough not to know how great that is the only issue you have to deal with. Also think about why you felt the need to throw the past into it???. … .

1 Like

Why would you be on his ex’s social media in the first place or if you’re reading her comments on your in-laws SM that’s really none of your business. They all have the right to be friends with anyone they want. Block them ALL if it bothers you so much and quit looking for trouble :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

If you leave him ,do so because there is issues in your relationship that can not be resolved…and you both are unhappy or miserable …but to leave him over issues that really aren’t your business is looking for an excuse …you don’t need an excuse …if you’re unhappy do whatever you need to do to be happy again …good luck :+1: brightest blessings :gift_heart:

I think you can take it how you want to, but if you allow it to hurt you and you believe they are doing this to hurt you dont they win?. I think it would be wrong if your husband and his ex referred to one another as husband and wife , thats something he could control, but he can not control what others do.

I still call my exes family my in laws. And my mom having been divorced for 10 years and my dad being in prison for assaulting me still calls my dad’s family her in laws. Like I tell my boyfriend all the time, they will always be my family. We have a child together. Doesn’t matter if we’re not together, family is family.

I still call my ex-in-laws as in-laws. It’s not a big deal. Find another battle to fight not worth this one

From a woman that has been though it all in a toxic Marriage,
I wish that this is all that I had to fuss over.
Going into a divorce for almost 3 years and I am looking at being screwed royally because my Attorney is incompetent.
After 3 years of this Divorce, I am stressed, loosing my hair, PTSD through the ceiling, 24/7 in pain.

Please Ladies? Consider my dilemma before telling a Wife to leave.
Spousal Support is only $1,050 and my rent alone is $1,200.
Reconsider what your advice maybe?

Respect can be given but not commanded.

Your overreacting, if you have been with him that long then most people who know you would know that your his current wife and that they in fact would be ex in laws that’s weird to rephrase it just so everyone can be aware that they’re really not anymore but once were related :woman_shrugging:t2:
Let it go. Stand up for yourself when needed but in this particular instance, the whole in law vs ex in law isn’t worth a fight over

Petty. You’re gonna leave him over what some other bit*hes are saying lol and they aren’t even talking about you or him :rofl: they had kids with him and likely bonded with their kids grandparents and such. How are you this old and still this insecure and childish?

1 Like

I would be able to see if you guys had other problems or you didn’t love him anymore. Him not standing up for you is a big issue but you would think you’d realize it before 29 years. If that’s your hill to die on, communicate with the man and it’s ultimatum time. My guess is you don’t love him anymore or you would have already vs asking the internet. Jmo.

For the reason you listed… I’d say you are being petty too

You’re making mountains out of mole hills. I still call mine my in laws.

1 Like

U got into a relation ship with a man that had n ex do not let that bother u .u r letting them push ur button .if u r thinking about leaving ur husband because it this u better think again what if u leave ur husband n than meet another man think of it I will b n ex

Ask your boyfriends what you should do.

I still call my ex husbands parents by in-laws :woman_shrugging: I gave them their first grand baby and they have always been there for me and both of my kids! Shit my ex husband still helps me out sometimes and we’ve been divorced for almost 10 years now!

When u are on FB asking questions to strangers… It might be time :woman_shrugging:t3:

Kinda petty though :woman_shrugging:

Let it go… Don’t listen to their conversation , don’t be on social media with them. Concentrate on your children and your husband and don’t let them see you upset , that is what they want . He needs to be a good father to ALL his children. But you are his WIFE. #1. May God Bless.

My ex’s mom called me her daughter in law all the time. We weren’t married but she considered me her daughter in law over the ones he married. She told me one day, I wish you were my daughter in law for real. I said " Well maybe if you had a different son, it could have been possible. He had a great mom he was just a total douchebag. It’s not uncommon for ex’s to still think of their family as in-laws especially if they have children together. This isn’t a reason to leave. As for his 40-year-old son, I’m sure he could handle it without having his feelings hurt. I would tell him how this is making you feel. Communication with your husband could make all the difference.

5 Likes

I still call my 1st husband’s family my IN LAW’S. We had 4 kids together & Even though your divorced you don’t divorce your IN LAW’S. I still call my Brother’s 1st wife my Sister IN Law. If that’s your only Gripe after 29 years , Your a very Lucky woman. Maybe you should seek Theropy.

4 Likes

You’re definitely letting little stuff get in the way. It’s how he treats you not his family

2 Likes

My mom has been divorced for 25 years and still considers my father’s family as hers. Depending on the relationship it is very common. You are being dramatic. You need to work on your self esteem

7 Likes

I still cal my ex mother In Law mom after 30 somthing years

1 Like

That’s nothing to get upset about unless she still saying that’s her man lol

6 Likes

What are you 5 years old?
Grow up

6 Likes

You answered your own question. Leave.

1 Like

When the pain of staying is greater than the pain of letting go and fear of the unknown. When you’ve spent more time being unhappy than happy it’s time to go.

6 Likes

My ex’s nephews still call me aunt I see nothing wrong with it. You need to talk with your husband about how you feel but truly I think this is more about you than your husband. Jealousy is not a good trait. And certainly not a reason to leave a long standing relationship

2 Likes

I would give a update to when you got married and your love for him and the family you have. Ignore everything they say and do. Block them. Be happy.

1 Like

If you’re asking, you already know.

4 Likes

Is all your time together worth being destroyed for what others say and do? Sometimes people do certain things to try to destroy others. Your choice if you let it. Your husband has no control over others actions and him saying something will not help. If you are happy in your marriage let the small things go.

6 Likes

You are very petty about this, I have been divorced for over 45 yrs & I still consider my ex’s brothers & sisters part of my family, I loved his father until he died over 2 yrs ago. Now if he is meeting her in secret, then you would have ever right to be upset with him & her, but that is not happening. So you really need to get over this, if you can’t then leave

6 Likes

I’ll be the first to say it here, I have a brother and each girlfriend he brought into our lives we’ve treated like our own family. Even if the relationship wasn’t long… & each of them have their own vibe. I knew when my brother valued someone or felt used by others. We don’t keep in contact with any of his exes after their relationship but I do have a couple of them on social media still. (Not keeping tabs either just never the one to go out of my way to delete ppl) & honestly all I wish is the best for them & hope they wish the best for my brother too. I don’t think they do it in despise of you but maybe their relationship with her is simply different. It’s hard giving advice in today’s age cuz everyone has their guard up and “been through some shit” but sometimes you just gotta love old fashionably I think

I call my ex husband’s siblings and parents my inlaws and stuff still not ex because I divorced him NOT them

7 Likes

You are being extremely petty.
As long as he’s not with her or cheating, it’s not a big deal. I know people who refer to their ex’s family as their in laws.
Chill or leave so he can be with someone not so petty.

5 Likes

No a man should put you first last and always. If not drop him like a rock.

My husband now has never been married before… I have ex in-laws and family that still come around as I have kids that are a part of their family. We have all become one big family and I still address the “ex” family as my SIL/BIL, MIL, and so on. My husband doesn’t take offense to it, he respects it as well as his parents, brother, and grandparents. It means so much to OUR kids that the blended family can come together as one. It’s not about us, it’s about the kids. It takes a village, we are that village! Our kids are 10 and 13, both different dads and my husband now doesn’t have any nor can I have anymore. We’re in our 30’s acting more mature than the poster here that states husbands kid is in his 40’s. If y’all have been together this long and it’s bothering you that bad then it sounds like you’re in the wrong relationship. Y’all are all grown, including the kids… no reason to be upset over petty bs :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

They are still family because of their child/ children together. Remember she didn’t mentioned your husband only in laws. Stay away from them period

1 Like

Stop being petty. I’m still close to my ex-husbands parents even though I can’t stand my ex. I don’t see the big deal about all this, get over yourself

5 Likes

Quit social media. Rise above the frey.

You are definitely being petty. :joy:

2 Likes

Seriously. Climate change, pandemic, war in Europe….:woman_facepalming:t2: This is just nonsense. Don’t look at it. Block them and forget them. Also, my ‘in-laws’ are still my family. I divorced my husband, not them.

2 Likes

I still call my uncles uncle even tho they are not married to my aunt anymore.

1 Like

I feel like on it’s face it’s petty. But in the context of many other instances of bs coming from her over the years it’s just one more thing. Possibly the last straw. I get it. Try to communicate with him. If he cannot at least understand where you are coming from then go. Life is to short to stay in a relationship that doesn’t make you feel heard, valued and loved. Been there done that.

3 Likes

I loved by brother in-law and sister in-law like my own I divorced my ex husband not my in-laws so I continued to call them my brother and sister

1 Like

Block them all, easy fix.

You need counselling

2 Likes

I don’t think I’d end my marriage bc my husband wouldn’t fall for the social media drama calling his ex out all bc she called his family in laws. You divorce spouses not family.

1 Like

It is understandable that you feel excluded I think. I also call my exes family in laws still bc we have two kids together and while he and I divorced they are still my kids family and I’m still on good terms with them. I don’t think that’s something that you need to leave him over unless you actually want to leave and this is just the reason you’re giving. If you don’t want to be married to him anymore you can divorce him and it can be for your own happiness, doesn’t have to be about his ex or the way she is with his family. It’s ok to get a divorce and still be friends/coparent with the other parent.

3 Likes

17 years and it’s just too much now ……

3 Likes

The example is petty. You can’t control others.

I bet there’s way more to this story and I don’t think she wants to leave him because her husband’s ex is saying mother and sister. I think it’s more to do with him not listening and not standing up for her. Also there’s been loads of other stuff she says but it’s got to the point she can’t move forward with it. I’d sit him down and talk to him about everything that’s happened and if he refuses to listen there’s your answer. No one can tell you to leave him that’s up to you. Personally I’d ignore the ex she will always call them that and she won’t change just because your feel disrespected she will do it more to annoy you unless you decide to walk away. Think long and hard before making any serious decisions.

If my son’s ex has given me grandchildren, she will always be in my life. No disrespect to my daughter-in-law now. As Grandma my job is to love my babies! My Grandkids are my life! There is no ex when it comes to grandkids! To be a Grandma is everything to me. I am a cancer survivor and didn’t think I would ever here those wonderful words"I love you Maw". So my son’s divorce never took my Granddaughters mother out of my life. I have a wonderful addition actually 3 of them since my son fell in love and married his wife now. They gave me 2 more wonderful Grandchildren. And the oldest has a pretty good bonus mom as they say. As long as everyone loves those babies that’s all that matters. A good father will help with his kids no matter what. I’m proud to say my son is a good man.

7 Likes

You divorce spouses not family. That is the mother of his children whether she be ex or not. I’d say get counseling.

4 Likes

… if his kid is almost 40, that would make him/you in your 60’s. Time to grow up. It’s wording in a Facebook post…

9 Likes

Sounds like you are just
Looking for any reason to justify you leaving him

I still refer to his family
As mom and his sisters as my sister’s
And vise verser
That relationship will never change as they all have a connection to each other through the kids
The way I see it You have a few options

A build a bridge and get over it

B take your kids and leave
Which may end up in a long drawn out divorce and custody issues

C ask him to choose between you and and his family

But keep in mind
That the last to options
Won’t end nicely for you , your kids or his family

4 Likes

I mean they are still her family … you can’t just expect her to not feel like that’s her family too after 40 years that bond was there before you stop being selfish

3 Likes

Well leave,so he can see clearly @

2 Likes

I am not even married and I called his mom , mom . And his one sister in law us awesome so if we split I’d still be hanging out with them! So I think it’s okay. Why pick an argument when you can just walk away. They had kids , they’ve really married. There still family.

1 Like

Full facts… You’re being petty. But if you want to leave… leave.

3 Likes

I think it’s weird too. It makes you look petty but I actually don’t think you are. It’s mildly irritating. Make him say something!

You need to leave him now. Because if you’ve been this petty for the last 29 years over stupid shit like this, that poor man has got to be exhausted. Leave and let him have some peace.

Pick your battles honey that’s a petty reason to end a 29 yr marriage

9 Likes

It took you 29 years to realize you were being disrespected?

4 Likes

Weird thing to get upset about lol. My ex still calls my mom “Mom” and it doesn’t bother me one bit.

I divorced my ex six years ago and till she passed away in Sept. I always called her my MIL and she always called me Me Her DIL…

Ignore it … I’m not sure why but it is had for a man to stand up for his wife -

Doesn’t matter, if you’re being petty or not. If you don’t like something, you should be able to tell your husband and he should respect your feelings and fix it or at least try, just to make you feel better. I don’t think it’s a good reason for divorce. If you just don’t want to be married anymore, just say that. It sounds better than using, feeling disrespected over just that, for a reason to get a divorce

1 Like

You’ve been dealing with it for 29 years :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t4: why leave now? ESP over something so dumb and small?
You’d leave your husband over someone else’s actions…people he has no control over? Please, do leave him. Leave him to find someone who deserves him

1 Like

Block them all from social media why torment yourself looking through his exs fb I wouldn’t care how bad my husband’s family acts I married him not his family

2 Likes

Why are you so insecure ???

I don’t want to be mean, but I think your husband is right, you are being petty. Who cares what she calls her ex in laws. My ex sister in law still tells me that she loves me. It was the same with my ex Mother in law while she was alive. I never stopped loving my children’s Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles. Just don’t worry about it. It’s not your business.

Sounds like the straw that broke the camels back. Do something drastic even if you don’t mean it. Show him you mean business

1 Like

Listen i am kinda going through the same thing with my wife and her mother and I’m trying to figure out to handle it all I can tell you Is what I’m telling myself if you feel disrespected and you feel that shady stuff is going on then you need to follow your gut I myself am trying right now to not follow my gut about my wife’s mother but I’m hurting myself by it just do what you feel is the right thing for you cause obviously he isn’t looking out for your feelings I hope you everything works out for you

1 Like

I also googled “signs it’s time to end a relationship” and one of the sites said “girl, if you’re having to ask, you know its time”

Nothing feels worse than having a partner who doesn’t have your back. I wouldn’t say leave, but i would say it needs fixing especially if you have had to deal with it this long.

2 Likes

Man……:persevere: New level of petty unlocked……congrats. Maybe you secretly just want an out. Maybe just leave cuz you want to….he might also be ready. SMH.

1 Like

He was with her for 4 years only and has been married to you for 29 years.
Doesn’t that say something.

5 Likes

If you have to write a whole anonymous post asking Facebook if you should end it, it’s pretty clear that the relationship is over. The second you (felt the need) to ask strangers on Facebook over taking to your partner you can guarantee there is no real communication.

3 Likes

I would not worry about that

5 Likes

Are you 12? Omg. After 29 years married you worry about someone else’s actions? Jeeeshhh… Leave that poor man alone, stop being so petty and insecure.

7 Likes

I mean you’ve allowed it for 29 years…

5 Likes

I still call my exs mom, my mother in law, and I was never married :woman_shrugging: I also refer to his siblings as my own. We share a child together, there for rather either of us like it or not, we share a life together. Him and I have nothing to do with family involved. That’s how I see it anyway

3 Likes

I assume the 4 year old son is THEIR son? So the ex has had to keep a relationship with your in laws for the child’s sake. I’m sure everyone knows he is your husband now. You need to chill out.

4 Likes