How do you know it's time to end a relationship?

From your post you have lost respect for your partner and also trust which once lost is rarely found again and he doesn’t do anything at all and is more than happy to keep bludging off you . I think you’ve answered your own question Good luck :wink:

If he won’t leave then let landlord know once lease is up you will be moving and then find a new place to leave.

1 Like

He dont work He dont help around the house n goes OUT when he feels like it R U KIDDING ME!!! dogs dont change there spots! so if that the kind of man you want then stay but in my opinion you need to kick him out ASAP and find you a real man

4 Likes

You got me at “I pay all the bills” dump his butt.

If you’re asking……it’s time. End of story.

2 Likes

Honey I’m sorry but I’m pretty sure you already know the answer. He needs to go. You can do so much better.

5 Likes

If you love him, I would say to give it one more shot. Sit him down and explain how you feel and tell him everything you just said. Give him the option to change and be a better partner or tell him you have to move on with your life. If he loves you, he will change. If not, then thankfully you found out now and can move on knowing that you have no regrets and gave it your all. Good luck.

Well you already kmow that you can handle the place on your own. Its time he stepped up or stepped out.

1 Like

Just leave or just pack his stuff one time when he is gone and stick it outside change the locks talk to your landlord let him know whats up and should be ok

1 Like

I had a mini stroke trying to read this post.:face_with_spiral_eyes: Obviously he’s a loser get rid of him.

1 Like

read all that you wrote and do what you know is right i think you alrady know what to do

1 Like

I have no respect for a grown ass man that doesn’t work.

(Eliz) GOD can’t give you who you are meant to be with because your hands are fully grasped onto someone not meant for you. Have his name removed from the lease.

1 Like

Simple he is using you, I would go to the land agent and tell them your situation and see if they will let you out of the lease and if so I would find somewhere else to live asap. Your just a meal ticket to him, there is no love there from him, otherwise he would be pulling his weight and working to help you pay for everything. He is a looser so get rid of him otherwise don’t complain and carry on being used

1 Like

Leave him, sounds pretty miserable. He should be a man and take care of you and he’s not…

Tell him to move out… stop stressing yourself out… sounds like he is using you …

2 Likes

Someone you do so much for shouldn’t make you feel so insecure. I’m sorry, but for all that you do, he should grovel at your feet. I hate that you’re worried about getting some deadbeats attention. Remember this, you don’t need a man to take care of you BUT you don’t need to take care of a man! ESPECIALLY one that blatantly doesn’t appreciate you.

1 Like

Omg :astonished: ya really had to ask for answers

1 Like

Yesterday . The time to leave was yesterday.

3 Likes

Fuck that . Omg he got you pay for ever think :thinking: move out find man not boy . Right now your looking after boy . Fuck that . Run run away omfg wake up

He’s using you for a free ride make him man up and help if he truly cares he will if not find someone who will I understand what u are going through I’ve been through it myself my messenger is always open no judgment I wish u the best

It’s over already - you don’t trust him - and grown apart - the sooner the better - time in good relationship gets stronger - time in a bad relationship makes enemies, young one.:sunflower::v:t4:

He shouldn’t go out if he Don t have money to go out and stop paying his phone bill. Just pay yours. Got to draw the line somewhere.

I went through this myself with my daughters father. I spoke to him seriously about it several times over a 2 year period. Needless to say HE never chnaged any of it, he actually got worse. Once i got him out I felt SO MUCH BETTER!!! If he doesn’t care, hes not all of the sidden going to start. You dont need a child to take care of, and if he cant be your partner then get rid of him. You deserve to be happy.

You are paying your own bills. You don’t need him to make it. YOU have all control. I know it’s hard dear. I have been there. He is using you. Get rid of him and don’t go back. He will beg and he knows your buttons. Stay strong and don’t fall for him saying he will change. He won’t. You have the right to decide if you want him as well.

4 Likes

Talk to a lawyer & a accountant.

2 Likes

He sounds like a lazy POC not working are you kidding me, that house should be spotless and meals cooked for you! Go get you a guy that will be an equal not a sucker fish, living off of you!

Tell him how your feeling set realistic goals like him working and contributing to the household bills and if can’t happen than I’d walk away. A relationship is a two way street not one. If your gut is telling you he’s cheating on you than your probably right. Good luck I wish the best outcome

Pack him up and ask him to leave. If he won’t, then pack YOU up and you leave. Be sure to consult with your Landlord first and ask that your name be taken off the lease.

1 Like

Drop him
Can’t stand the kids today who supposed to be men but don’t work

3 Likes

Pack all his clothes and tell him goodbye,he is USING YOU! You need to find someone who will treat you like a Princess and get a Christian man

Pack his sh**, give him a boot in the a** out the door, and move on. He is doing what a lot of immature guys do…make promises early on with no intention of fulfilling them. He is using you because you are ALLOWING it. Grow a backbone, realize YOU are worth more than he is giving the relationship.

1 Like

Kick his a…s out now

1 Like

Talk to rental agency to get his name off lease . You work he doesn’t. That’s not fair to you . You deserve to be happy .

1 Like

The minute he brought nothing to the table was the time is should have ended.

2 Likes

Leave the sorry asshole .don’t be so stupid

I would say See you later boo.good luck w life.

1 Like

Find someone who matches your energy, your drive, your goals, and is willing to be 50/50 in the work & finances for what you upkeep together.

Unfortunately it takes a very long time to grow someone out of the current habits your partner is displaying and that may be his path, he may not match the life you want and seek.

Best of luck.

1 Like

He won’t change. He doesn’t respect you or care for you or he’d be a man for you. Real men that care about you do whatever it takes to make you happy and not lose you. You deserve to be valued.

2 Likes

Kick him to the curb

You already know the answer.

If he isn’t making you happy and open to making your relationship work it’s probably time to look at an ultimatum.
Don’t waste time on some one that probably won’t change.
I think your inner voice is telling you something, reading your post

2 Likes

What’s to love? Sounds like a lazy freeloader. Step back and pretend what you live with on a daily basis is happening to your bestie. What would you tell her? Now, do it. Do not look back.

3 Likes

You deserve better !If he’s doing nothing you’re doing it all ?You know the answer !Get him off the lease he’s def taking advantage of you !:rainbow::pray:t3::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Run. So many red flags. You have more to offer than him. He has shown you who he is.

Why is she even asking the question?

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do you know it's time to end a relationship?re

1 Like

Just talk to him face to face about it…how you feel…

5 Likes

It sounds like you already know the answer. You’ve separated once over the same issue. He has not changed. What kind of grown adult can’t pack their own lunch?

14 Likes

It only gets harder from here for you unless HE himself wants to change.

9 Likes

Go to counselling together they can then mediate …

2 Likes

I personally, would sit down together and have a real open heart to heart about absolutely everything you both have issues/worries about/with. Communication is key! If after you’ve both spoken together and you can’t make a resolve then go your separate ways. At least you can say you spoke it all out and tried?
Sit and talk together :heart: xx

2 Likes

Therapy. These days, therapists are available online almost 24/7.

Is this the reason u separated before? What do u mean by grown kid? Like you were the only one working, he want cleaning?

1 Like

You have to pick a time when you can calmly tell him how you feel. If he doesn’t want to hear you out, or doesn’t want to change anything, then you pretty well know where you stand.

2 Likes

Talk!! He has to commit change and help you…you’re a team…if it doesn’t change…say your goodbye…

2 Likes

I would divorce he isn’t going to change bc doesn’t sound like he wants to communicate to change things

1 Like

This is really sad for several reasons, one being the kids who are without their parents till 8 pm. Someone needs to find a different job with a better schedule. And stop making your husband’s lunch if you have too much on your plate tell him he needs to help more.

14 Likes

You need to think about the kids and your family. Sit down and talk to the person you said I do to- ya know through good and bad- poor health or wealth. Seriously, getting burned out and being frustrated is natural but ending a marriage is a different story. You have kids together and they deserve for you BOTH to act like adults and work this out. Good luck. Counseling and personal hobbies do wonders!

6 Likes

Sounds like he just uses you as a maid not wife , he needs to pick up the slack. Or kick his ass out.

When you’ve woken up to the nonsense you can’t unsee it. You’re either going to have to tell him you’re not doing it anymore. Car time or not he should be able to take care of himself. Throw a meal in the microwave or something to warm it. It’s not hard and you’re doing it quite well he can at least take care of himself. Problem is you could tell him and he would change for maybe a month but will he just go back to his normal pattern? Mine always went back to his normal pattern. It’s exhausting. But it’s worth a try and give him the benefit of the doubt.

3 Likes

Tell him that. Not face book

When you ask this it’s time to leave.

3 Likes

Honestly- I only read your first sentence and can already answer your question and think you can too. If you’re even asking this, it’s time.

2 Likes

You need to go to couples counseling.

You need to assign your teenagers chores so it’s not on you. (I’m assuming your kids are older where you’re not mentioning daycare - families need to work together)

You need to communicate better.

The one thing I will say when reading this is you love your job and don’t want to leave but you resent him for loving his job too. That’s not very fair, but I also understand resenting someone who does their time at work then checking out.

5 Likes

Honestly I wouldn’t have let it go on that long and would’ve thrown the whole man away and start over. When they’re truly invested in the relationship, you don’t have to ask for help.

1 Like

Most people don’t change. In my case it didn’t get any easier. I have tried to do everything under the sun. Communication, face to face talk, he refused marriage counseling, and I tried to come to some agreement. He literally didn’t seem to care. I filed for divorce this past week. It was so hard but I just can’t anymore.

3 Likes

These working hours aren’t sustainable for either of you for any length of time. I’m not sure how old the kids are but they’re not seeing either of you all that much. I think it’s time to sit down and decide who’s gonna work what hours, who’s gonna do what jobs and chores in the house, bills etc. divide and conquer. Maybe there’s a counselor in your town that you can reach out to to help you take decisions on who’s going to do what if you’re both going to continue to work these hours. Best of luck.

9 Likes

If you ever have expressed to him how you felt about this one time and it didn’t change he’s using you. He heard you he sees how frustrated you get how overwhelmed you are. We need to stop thinking men are dumb. They aren’t. He knows exactly what he’s doing. He just doesn’t care because you keep taking it. Your happiness and peace needs to mean more to you than his. Trust me. Leave.

2 Likes

Make his lunch? A good place to stop.

8 Likes

Sounds like both of you are letting your jobs ruin your family. Yes we need to work to survive but don’t let your jobs control your lives where you never have time for each other or your kids. Money doesn’t create happiness. You should be having date nights and family days. At this point sounds like you’re just room mates. If your jobs and hours are so far and so long what’s the point? I’d find a job closer to home or less hours or maybe start your own business, even together. If there’s love there’s a way… if you don’t love each other don’t even want each other then that’s no a good sign. Good luck.

2 Likes

Did it take 6 or 7 yrs for this to finally get to you? That’s a long time to just not say something. In his eyes your okay with it. Do you ask for help? Or just do it yourself? Seems money is more important then your family. Yes it may be a great paying job. But at what cost?

2 Likes

Who feeds the children if both parents are working till mid evening to late at times?
Perhaps the oldest child not adult child can do washing up help with the smaller children stack dishwasher switch on unpack and dry when finished everyone needs a roster especially if man child will be shown the exit of the house!

So are you not separated?

I dont know how old the kids are, do they or can they do chores? Maybe hire a house cleaner once a week, let him know since he cant help out it’s too much for one parent to do all.

Who is watching the children and putting dinner on the table and bonding with them?

3 Likes

As I was taught “when I’m doubt, throw it out”

1 Like

It’s been said…talk, be honest and revisit family priorities. Kids may be self sufficient but they would benefit from someone home for a few more hours . If that doesn’t work, you can live alone, do all the same stuff minus the resentment.

1 Like

Do what you think is best

…well, you knew what you were in for. So why are you complaining?

I hate the mindset that men think that they don’t have to help out with the kids in the house after working all day, cause we do it. If I was you I would stop washing his clothes and stuff. So If he wants clean clothes he will have to do it himself. 

2 Likes

Tell him you need him to help out… make his own lunches and write a list of small chores. Just leave a note. Say “trying mybest…but could use your help w these things weekly”. Small things like do your own laundry-pack own lunches-arrange a datenight once a month. Etc.etc. if we dont ask or tell them they assume were happy. N tbh…once u start making lunches n doin everything for them. Its hard for them to step up unless told…in a respecful way of course ! :yellow_heart::yellow_heart: tell him you feel more like a mother n not like his partner.

2 Likes

You both made choices to work where you do. You expect him to work at a job where he is not happy, yet you can work at a job where you are happy? News flash, it’s not all about you. Talk to your husband. If neither of you are willing to compromise, separate. You both need to be happy.

2 Likes

Honestly, you’re crapping on him for taking a job far away with crazy hours and you’ve done the same thing. It sounds like you’re both to blame in this. He may be lazy, but you’re enabling it by continuing to do things. You need to be there for your kids, both of you. I’d be rethinking family dynamics.

2 Likes

I dont understand why it’s ok for you to be home late and travel for work but not him? I can see being angry that he doesn’t help out with the kids. I work 2am-10am and my fiance does 10am-7pm. He puts the kids to bed everynight, I make sure they are feed and showered beforehand. It’s about teamwork. Have you expressed how you feel with him not helping out at home?

1 Like

Above all that I feel for the kids who are without BOTH parents from sun up to sundown. NO job should more important, not yours and not his. 45 mins isn’t really a commute to me as I live outside of Atlanta and that’s normal here. :joy::joy: he most definitely needs to find something closer to home.

You both sounds like very busy people. And you’ve lost your connection together. Marriage counseling first, and lay all your thoughts down on the line. If you still feel he doesn’t care enough to listen and/or help, you’ll know you’ve tried everything. Best of luck. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Same girl, same. Just had this exact talk with my other last night. Told him, I’m not his mom, nore will i ever be, i clean up after all and no help. I shoukd just get milk maid tatted on my head. He ither needs to stepnuo to the plate or we NEED to split. There’s no compromise anymore. If i wanted to be a single parent i would of sone just that, NOT stay. But i feel i am anyway, so why not be one. So told him WE have a mo th to figure this shit out, or we can’t be together anymore, and he can have the kids when he wants them, end of story. My physical and mental health is more important then a sluggish relationship. End of story. Hope this helps, good luck

Like labor when YOU KNOW…. You know!

Marriage is hard work.

1 Like

I think you both have way different priorities and expectations. I have been there and it doesn’t ever change or get better in your favor. It doesn’t sound like you need him really. I mean you could get better help elsewhere, like hired help. Both Your work hours are unbalanced for a family with children. If neither of you is willing to compromise then something else has to be adjusted in order to still meet the needs of your family. This lifestyle is not sustainable or healthy for anyone let alone the kids longterm. Supporting the love of a family members career is showing love for that person. But when that person doesn’t show appreciation in some other area of your life it creates an Imbalance.

I’ve been there done that It’s really hard

How much time do either or you spend with your children?? They are the ones missing out!

12 Likes

You both need to make time and your family and marriage a priority again. Maybe you can make a schedule for housework. Definitely sounds like you could benefit from marriage counseling together and you need to think together of a better way to make it work.

Sometimes new tools and strategies could help. But nothing will help if both parties don’t put in the time and effort and reevaluate how things are going.

2 Likes

If you already resent him, you know what you’re going to do.

6 Likes

I woukd leave. That’s crazy and unnecessary. I’d tell him he needs to help or you will do it all yourself minus him

1 Like

Do what I did, I reached out to my husband and asked him to help out more with ‘our’ children (we have 2 girls together) I also have another 3 from a previous marriage but he was desperate to be a father to his own. I did absolutely everything for all of the children, all the house work and ran my own cleaning business during school hours. He did nothing besides work and sit on a ride on lawn mower once a fortnight. He told the kids to shhhh each time they were being kids and sat in our bedroom watching tv or out in the carport drinking all hours that he was home or just slept. He came home the next day and told me that he understands what I am saying and I am right, he would start helping out more around the house with dishes and washing and playing with his children so that I can tend to the older ones with their homework and get dinner done BUT I had to pay half the bills if he was helping around the house :flushed:yep he said that although he earned $120,000 a year and myself 35-40,000. I gave him the house key and told him to shove his house and life up his arse. Never looked back and thank my lucky stars I got the eff out :v:t2:

1 Like

If you have to ask, it’s probably time to part ways. In the mean time, stop doing for everyone else. He’s a grown man. Let him pack his own lunch. If you’re both gone for work that much, I’m assuming your kids are older. If they are, give them some responsibility around the house with chores, to help you out. If they’re younger, then just worry about focusing on you and them and let him fend for himself. No grown man should be married to a woman who has to mother them. If he wants a mother, tell him to go live with his and let her take care of him.

3 Likes

Stop making lunch, hire a house cleaner and go to counseling.
But I have to ask… who is raising the children? Eating dinner with them and helping them with school work?

3 Likes

Y’all need a chore chart…

3 Likes