How do you know it's time to end a relationship?

If you’re second guessing that’s the perfect sign to let him go. You know in your heart what the best thing for you is

1 Like

10 year relationship and not living together? relationships should move with the goal of growing to be together… after 2 years maximum you really need to start having that serious conversation of where things are going and where you will be at. you’ve put up with this for 8 years too long in my opinion

2 Likes

I think you answered your own question. It’s time for YOU to be happy.

2 Likes

If you aren’t happy and you’ve expressed your feelings and concerns and still nothing changes, it’s time to move on. Someone out there will reciprocate the big and small things.

I think you’ve answered your own question. I know everyone is different, but why after 10 years do you both not reside together? That alone seems odd, altho many people make different circumstances in their relationship work. With everything else you said, I think you shouldn’t waste another 10 years with this guy.

If you have to ask this question in the first place…that should be your answer right there :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Have you tried talking to him? If you have, then he will understand why you want to throw in the towel.

2 Likes

You know it’s time to end the relationship when you have to ask a bunch of strangers if its time…
Forget what you want and remember what you deserve

1 Like

Life is to short to be with someone who doesn’t make you happy.

1 Like

Whatever you choose you need to choose soon. I wouldn’t waste anymore of your time or his time as well it’s not fair to either one of you.

1 Like

If you aren’t happy, time to go. He won’t change. You’ll find someone who will give you what you need.

Its time when you have to ask the question! Never !!! Never! Disrespect yourself!

1 Like

Together for 10 years and don’t live together…?

2 Likes

And get married won’t change it and could make it worse

2 Likes

You don’t even live together… why would he even consider trying to be anything better or do things for you. Move on. You deserved better since long ago.

You knew exactly what answer you were looking for the second you posted this. 10 years and you still don’t live together? He is treating you like an option, not a priority. I’m gonna say it, and I mean it with all kindness, if he wanted more from your relationship he would’ve been giving it and it’s time to move on. Give your time and effort to someone who will cherish it.

“Advice is what you ask for when you already know the answer, but wish you didn’t.”

If there’s no trust, it’s over. Move on. If he doesn’t look out for you, he doesn’t have your best interest at heart. Hang it up and move on to someone that will appreciate you and the things you do.

2 Likes

It should end when you start questioning your worth. When you assess your effort and commitment and realize the other person hasn’t been committed in the same way. It doesn’t take a lot to invest emotionally or show for people. If he hasn’t done it in the first few months to a year, then he’s not going to. He is a taker and you are a giver so the relationship works for him. You forgot what you really needed and wanted and now it’s just vividly clear what that is and how little he has done to contribute to your growth, love and happiness. Men marry/date expecting that woman to never change and women date/marry expecting the man to change instead of looking at who he really is.

If you are not happy in this situation move on. If you have expressed your concerns and nothing changed move on. A man will go hard for what he wants

If your asking is it time?it probably is.
.Work out what positive things you are getting from this relationship and compare it to the negatives.Ask him what he wants, if it is to continue it needs big efforts from both sides.He may be as u happy as you.Whatever you decide this shouldn’t be about whose to blame but a decision for the future.Not all relationships are meant to last forever maybe this one has run its course.

I live in a some what difficult marriage. Its also been 10 years. He lies and has depression and at times can be emotionally shut down. I’ve also been asking myself the same questions lately. I make a daily decision to fight for what we have. Cauae right now the little bit of pain I’m dealt here and there isn’t nothing compared to what I would feel not having him. He is the love of my life my best friend . His good out ways the bad most of the time. Love is hard but its worth the fight

Honey you deserve better​:heart: someone who cares about you , who wants to build a relationship a life !! If it was me ……. Life too short to waste on people that don’t care to put effort into a relationship!! :pray::heart:

I wish I had if listened to my gut instincts 2 years ago.
Always listen to what your body is telling you.

I was in a relationship like this before he Never trusted me and things happen like maybe he clicked on the text but didn’t realize it and it showed read but he never actually saw it? I’m not saying he is innocent because I don’t know him and maybe he’s not? But I know from experience that I WAS innocent every time my ex would accuse me of things so you just never know but also if he doesn’t appreciate anything you do and he never does anything nice for you then I would leave

I think you know. Just scared to take the first step. You can do it.

I feel like this is my marriage to a T…except we live together still…but at what point do you move on?! Ugh

After 10 years and not living together or your relationship progressing I would be over it

It will NOT get better living together. You have 10 yrs of telling him you are ok with his actions by staying

1 Like

What does your but say? You may already know the answer and just need confirmation

10 years is too long to be committed if you aren’t building together

10 years, I’m sorry, he’s not going to change at this point.

1 Like

If you’ve been dealing with this for ten years, I’d say it’s long past time to go!

There comes a time when you must throw away the number.
Then move on carefully

You already know the answer. 10 years! Sounds like a one sided relationship. You don’t live together. Sounds like time

My ex once told me that I was lucky to have a man like him, he doesnt beat me and doesn’t cheat. Not cheating doesnt make a man worth fighting for. That is the bare minimum he can do. It will not change. Some people are givers. Some are takers. The more you give, the more he will take. It will not change.

You already know it’s time to go. No need to seek validation from others.

Letting go is hard but holding on to nothing will cause everlasting pain.

I was with someone for 11 years and walked away

When you think about your future, do you want to be where you are today? Or do you want to be happy?

There is no way to avoid pain, so decide what you really want and need and begin to slowly walk in thatdirection. Staying will hurt and leaving will hirt. If you are staying because you are afraid of pain, aren’t you experiencing it anyway? If you are leaving to escape pain, you will still suffer it as you separate and finally begin to heal.

My biggest question is, you have been together for 10 years and still not even living together? That says a lot.

Its a no brained, get out now before u waste any more of your time, find someone who appreciates u and u won’t believe the difference

Read your post and think of what you would say to someone else in this position. You know what you need to do. 10 years is a long time but your happiness and well being come first.

It isn’t going to get better so you might as well go. Who wants to feel like that forever?

Time to have a serious conversation with him and discuss you’re relationship. Maybe take time apart and see if you are happier because in the end that’s what counts

Have you tried talking to him about your feelings and expectations? He can’t improve if he thinks that everything is ok.

When you have to stop and wonder, then it’s time…

10 years!!! Not living together…!!! Not married!!! Girl…leave! If you’re questioning it, then you already know! Better now than later. No strings attached!

Yeah, you do. But only you can decide when it’s time. Don’t be surprised if it comes on suddenly.

Could you imagine another 10yrs doing the same? If not it’s time to :v:

2 Likes

He sounds like a narcissist. It will always be about him. You can’t change that.

10 years not living together or you did and now you don’t?

Why dont you live together after 10 years??

After 10 years and no forward movement? About 7 years ago

1 Like

He’s out of there… the fact that you are hurting so much….

10 years like this the big question is do you want another 10?

I feel like you already know the answer
Sending love and healing :purple_heart:

Life is too short to waste on someone that doesn’t love you like you love him. Move On!!

1 Like

How do you know, easy answer. Read everything you just wrote in this post, then imagine your daughter telling you this word for word.

Sounds like you already know.

Cya later byeeee. You deserve laughter and “for no reason” gifts that show they are thinking of you. You deserve to be loved
You deserve happiness.

I’m not the author to this, but thank you to all you ladies!!! I needed to hear this :heartpulse:

If your asking, you already know the answer. You deserve to be happy.

Listen to your instinct. Don’t give him more precious years

Only you know if you were not happy

When you have to ask the question, you already know the answer. Nobody here can tell you what to do but I’ll ask this…”Can you see another 10 years or more going the way it’s going now?” If not, end it for both of you.
Sounds like you are holding onto each other because it’s familiar. Nobody deserves that.

2 Likes

If posting this is way for you to make up ur mind i think you already know what you need to do

IMO, once the trust is gone, the relationship is over. Time to walk away. You deserve better.

You are just asking for confirmation; deep in your heart,you already know what to do.

How do you jus know that🤔
Sounds like he is :woman_shrugging:t5:

Time to get YOUR life in order . Kick him to the curb!

You answered your own question

If you have to ask, it’s time bb girl.

Sounds like you’re there already… X

1 Like

He’s not your forever. Move on :two_hearts:

When you start asking that question, it’s time.

I think you know yourself it’s time to end it, but you’re looking for validation to your decision. There’s no excuse for his behaviour. He sounds like he has no “get up and go” about him, which is a big no no for me, personally. Only you know what you wanna do. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If you’re asking the question, it’s probably time.

2 Likes

If you’re questioning it…u know deep down it’s time to go❤

What you will allow is what will continue.

When you start questioning move along.

If you question it you know what to do!

All your reasons above are the EXACT reasons why it’s time to end it .
It certainly isn’t going to get better

What you put up with will continue

If you question it, it’s time.

If you have to ask…its over cut your losses.

Your worth isn’t in some else’s actions! Get your heart and head together on this!

sounds like the relationship was over ages ago but you won’t leave

I would end it my dear. You deserve to be spoiled and loved and treated equally. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

If you are asking, it’s past time.

Doesn’t sound fulfilling, why waste more time

When you start asking if it’s time to end the relationship

If his lips are moving, he’s lieing.

Wow… this is my relationship to a T. :cry::cry:

You said he’s lied to you and you don’t trust him so how can you be certain he hasn’t cheated on you?

Dump him. And don’t take him back.

Sounds like it was over 10 years ago

10 years and you dont even live together!? Pretty sure you know the answer to your question sweety…

The second last sentence… :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

never reciprocating… i feel that.