How do you know it's time to end a relationship?

It sounds like you aren’t in charge of fixing him anymore than he has been your car. Leave. Take your girls and leave. They shouldn’t see that it’s okay to be treated that way. It sounds like you’ve done everything you could. Don’t destroy yourself anymore by continuing it. I may be wrong on this, but it sounds like you don’t remember YOU. I’ve made some really bad decisions that my kids have seen. They’ve seen me survive them, but it’s taken a toll. I’m not proud of my “survivor badge”, but I’m thankful I finally remembered who I was and missed that girl. Turns out, so did everyone that loved her :heart:.

7 Likes

Nobody will love your kids like their Dad never again will they have a family with both their mom and Dad
It is at least worth counselling

5 Likes

You answer you own question “I don’t feel ready to be done.”. Maybe see about counseling, start with individual and then go into couples. You may be out of sync and need someone to help you through. You are not ready to be done, so there is something you feel is worth saving… good luck

2 Likes

You seem very grown and mature about the situation love, I think if you have to ask the question then it’s probably time. If you’ve tried to work on it and you’re still not satisfied then you don’t deserve to be stuck in a endless cycle. Do what you’re heart tells you and you’ll make the right decision :heart:best wishes

I wrote the pros and cons suggestion but I would like to add something from someone old and married for 50 years. Marriage is a partnership that goes awry sometimes due to stress, taking one for granted or every day life. You must set aside time to just sit and talk and treat each other special. Sounds as this might be some of your problems. Both are working so lots of stress and caring for kids is another stress. Do you feel unappreciated? Does he feel he is unappreciated as well. Get a sitter or grandma’s house one night, set up his favorite small dinner with wine. Then talk and let him know he is appreciated and how grateful you are then let him know you don’t like he feels the same.

6 Likes

It’s hard, when you get on that place. First, I think some call clear and non judge mental conversation is in order. Second, I think doing some things for yourself abs by yourself will not only give you a sense of independence and contentment, it also gives you things to talk and communicate over when you are home. It’s also probably he can’t see your side of it at all. So taking a spa weekend with the girls, while he gets stuck at home with the kids having to do and be the parent that you are most if the time might be eye opening, but he also needs times for himself too, especially if he’s working hard. Encourage a fishing trip or sports event with the guys. Then you can also plan date nights once or twice a month, set up well in advance, so he knows they are coming, and is prepared. Having hobbies, taking some enrichment classes at the college, whatever, is good for you, again because it gives you your sense of self and gives you something interesting to talk about.

2 Likes

When you start asking other people when it’s time to leave your relationship…honey its past time. Secondly, it sounds like your husband is depressed and that is beyond hard/rough. Before you make any permanent changes/decisions about the fate of your relationship some time apart might do you both some good. Also I would suggest couples counseling. If he won’t go ,go alone for yourself. Good luck.

18 Likes

If you feel like you can’t handle any additional stress because you are already barely keeping your head above water (stress-wise) it’s time to leave.
It’s soooo easy living with my second husband. It’s important you find someone for you

10 Likes

HOW are you talking to him? Are you nagging? Are you whining? I’m not saying you are. But maybe, try joyfully letting him know, “hey, Baby, I’m going to run to the store with the kiddos. Be back shortly. Love you.” And just go. Maybe when he sees you’re happy and not totally dependent upon him, it won’t seem like a chore to him. Personally, I don’t think it’s time to leave the relationship simply because you’re feeling this way. Love is not an emotion. It’s a decision. Emotions change and often. Decisions do not. Make the decision to roll up your sleeves and give it all you got! Do what you did in the beginning. :heart:

5 Likes

I have learned that you can’t rely on your spouse or anyone for happiness. Once I had this mentality, things got easier…its not as stressful! You need to show your girls how to be independent too. I hate how ppl find it so easy to end a marriage just like that bc things aren’t perfect. Marriage ain’t rainbows and butterflies

9 Likes

I think you need to get your car situation resolved before you can even contemplate such a big decision in your relationship.

Having the ability to grab your keys and go is a basic necessity… especially when you have children. Having to rely on someone else for transportation can make you feel insecure, depressed, needy, dependent, confined, and inferior. You are 25. You need the ability to get up and go whenever and wherever you feel inclined to, without having to run anything by anyone or having to have a discussion over it. You shouldn’t need permission or time constraints. Any communication about where you are going and when you’ll be back should only be a matter of basic courtesy, not a contingency or a request.

Whether you even realize it or not, I think your unhappiness could be hugely in part to feeling trapped and sedentary when he’s got the car.

I’d say you should do whatever you have to do to get a car. Take an Uber to the dealership and go take a loan out on a used car and then work an extra shift to pay for it. Mobility is a basic freedom and a necessity of parenting. I’d go insane if I didn’t have a vehicle! If he hasn’t acknowledged this need and taken steps to resolve this, you need to do it for yourself.
I think once you do, you’ll feel happier and more empowered.

It’s a small feat, but a critical one! You’ll feel more confident, capable and better prepared to identify your personal needs and tackle them, one at a time.
You may realize that although your relationship may not be perfect, your frustrations were compounded by other issues that you have resolved. And I think you’ll be a lot happier. And if not, at least you’ll be able to drive yourself away!

7 Likes

When you say enough is enough and you have had enough of the games, lies but you just have to do what the heart says or pray to the good LORD and let him get you through it all. He answers prayers :pray::pray::pray::pray:

Go out without him, take his car or call a mechanic and get yours fixed. Don’t wait for him to do it for you do it yourself. It sounds like you’re very dependent and that could be part of the problem. Move forward with your life and let him stay home. You showing him you’re independent could be exactly what he needs to snap out of it.

38 Likes

Step 1. Get that car fixed yourself. Call a tow company and pay them to tow it to a shop. Then pay to get it fixed.
Step 2. If he doesn’t want to go out, go by yourself. He obviously has control over you and that needs to stop.
These days men love a woman that is a go- getter and get things done by themselves. Once you are reliant on a man, they start taking advantage of it. Its just the ego in them. Ive seen it even happen with the most caring men.
If you don’t have access to the money, that is a HUGE issue and another control he has over you. That would be the first change you need to sit down and talk about.
Marriage is hard work and when someone starts taking it for granted, it starts to fall apart. That doesnt mean it can’t be fixed though. We all fall into grooves and are human; so remind him what a strong woman you are and try thinking of the qualities in yourself that are different from when he married you. It sounds like you still think there’s a good man in there, you just need to slap some sense back into him. You can also try doing something weekly or biweekly together like a fun datenight. And if all else fails and you both are still unhappy, your still both young and can find a way to coparent seperately so the kids don’t suffer. Just remember when you got married Im sure your vows went something like through thick and thin and in sickness and in health. That didn’t just mean the good times, it means you were willing to do ANYTHING to make it work. People have flaws and its easy to focus in on them when youve been with them for so long. Alot of people will say leave him but they didnt make the vow, you did. This isnt an unfixable issue and honestly, if you found another relationship most likely it would happen again anyway if your not showing them your an independent, self reliant woman. And believe me you can do that while being a SAHM too.

I was there at one point. Last year. Nothing seemed to work. I tried and tried so hard and I just feel like I failed and couldn’t keep him or myself happy. At one point I resorted to drinking to drown out my pain for that one quick moment. I bowed out last September. We have two beautiful girls together. We were together 18 years and married very young. We are now legally divorced and both in new relationships and happy. I think him and I get along better now than when we were married. I think it may be time for you to make a run for it. I wish you nothing but the best!! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

You are teaching your children what a relationship should be. They see more, and hear all

1 Like

My husband only does this when he/we gets so stressed about bills financially wise and he becomes a whole butt whole and I talk to him and make him talk to me which I don’t have to most of the time he just opens up. After he talks he changes into the person he is. It’s just a part of him hed learning to control. On his off days (,4 days)he doesn’t wanna leave the house unless were going fishing,he will but he doesnt like it and he has to have one day on the off days where we dont go anywhere or do anything and stay home. now if we had a vehicle like that hed just sell it because he knows he doesnt have time or resources to fix it and even if he did hed still sell it. theres alot of stuff we argue about so I ask others if we need to leave or not because when we fight we fight but when we love we LOVE and fights are little things we disagree on certain stuff but learn to come to a compromise. However were difficult so for you it sounds like you need to seat down have a conversation with him and remind him how yall use to be and figure the problem out what has made him like this and try to fix it and if it gets worse than leave but until than fight for what you want. life has fights,arguments,hard times,and beautiful and joyus times. If yall truly love each other than yall will talk and itll work out,if not than its time to leave. Yall sound like my husband and I but we’d never leave each other. We go everywhere together and were together 24/7 other than his work and we talk all the time when he’s at work on his breaks the whole breaks. We will never leave until one of us was to cheat or abuse which will never happened and hasn’t happened in the last 7 years. I couldn’t live without him and he couldn’t live without me. We dont fight as much anymore because we had a talk about that and hes put the effort in working on his flaws just like i have. It takes a team in marriage or relationship regardless. Both had to have communication,trust,love and be willing to put in same amount of effort and willing to work on both flaws. Seat down and have a conversation with him and don’t get frustrated unless he does or their won’t be a conversation. I dont think its the end for yall because we us to be this same way but we fought for each other and worked on ourselves and got better and still getting better. If a conversation and any of this doesn’t work or it doesn’t get better after giving him time to work on himself than leave.

Respect yourself and trust your gut instinct. If it feels wrong then it probably is.

Don’t show your girls it’s ok to settle dad or not, move on and find yourself, fix or sale your own car and get you a new cash car . You are a young couple in need of a break. Try co parenting and doing you until you find your happiness and self worth who knows the separation may bring the two of you back together as one or friends apart.

1 Like

I’m confused why u can’t just get up and go? Sounds like there is more going on than this little episode. If the car and him are home grab the keys and go?! Even when my hubs and I are home we take each others car without asking. If Mine is broke,I’m taking his. lol.
You mention he said “someone else would appreciate him”. Does he think ur being ungrateful for something?! Why is a car debating the marriage. :woozy_face:

4 Likes

You have to picture your life without them and see how you feel I mean really picture your life without them forever then you will know if it’s time

3 Likes

I think U have answered your own question. U know in your heart U have given it your all and he isn’t going to. Yes U may still love him but if U stay U will start to resent him.
The fact that he knows U can’t just get up and go but still tells U to do it is like gaslighting, and the not fixing the car and him having a take it or leave it attitude and thinking U will never leave him is super controlling.
Start making plans to leave, save your money get a mechanic out to fix the car or if it’s his car just save up and buy your own. U can do it without him, and once U do and realise how much stress he was putting on U and your freedom in that U can just get up and do things without having to have a huge fight about it… U just can’t describe that sense of relief.

1 Like

I don’t understand why taking his car and just going to do what you gotta do without him is such a big deal, you said yourself he does a lot so… why do you need him to go with you or get your car fixed for you or sell it for you?
I’m so confused.

The moment to end a relationship is when you have to ask a bunch of strangers on social media if its time…

Speak to him, communication is so so important, if nothing changes then its time.

Why can’t you sell your own car? Or trade it in for a newer car? Just curious as to why you’re waiting on him.

1 Like

Sometimes you have to get up and just go just like he tells u and if he comes back to u then it’s meant to be and if he doesn’t come back to u and fight for his family And try to fix what’s broken then it’s what he’s really wanted all along as u are getting older priorities change for both and maybe u both do want different things now but the only way to truly know that is if you take a break go visit family for a couple weeks or a month if u have any that will let u stay because sometimes distance makes the heart grow fonder or you could both see that ur not meant to be and that’s ok because then that’s your answer

Do something for you- enroll in college, set some goals, get your car fixed.

1 Like

When you have to ask that question honey it’s over, just leave

Get the car fixed. Don’t wait for him. Just do it.

Start doing things for you. Only you.
Get your hair done. Go out with your friends. Do something once a week that is just for you.

Do not let him dictate what goes on. Just like the car - if it needs to be done get it done. Don’t wait for him.

10 Likes

These comments are so sad! Marriage is hard sometimes. You’ve got to work at it to make it work. First, you have to communicate with each other. Have a heart to heart. Second, you might want to seek out a counselor. If he was 17 and you’re both 25 now you’ve hit that 7 year itch. You’ve grown & changed. You’ll regret it if you don’t fight for your relationship.

7 Likes

If you have to ask then it must be time

When there’s more unhappy than happy it’s time to leave

A lot of people are saying end it but tbh I don’t agree with that. Relationships are not always happiness and good times sometimes stress gets the best of us. I can’t tell you how many times I thought my relationship was done for and wouldn’t improve and instead I decided to step back and find a way. After doing that I realized with just simple communication and time for just us made a HUGE difference. I would at least try more one on one time and possibly even conconceling but either way I wish you both the best. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Since you asked you already know the answer. But is there a reason you can’t get yourself transportation? If I want something and he has no desire to help me, then I help myself. Refuse to be dependent on anyone. That could be a part of the problem here. And I’m sorry to say that. But having someone rely on you for every need can be draining.

What is stopping you from just getting the car fixed or putting an ad out to sell it yourself?

2 Likes

Tell him. Sometimes you just need space to miss eachother

While it sounds like he is depressed, you need to focus on your own mental health as well. I would end things. Depression is rough, yes. I’d suggest him seeking medical intervention. If he refuses, I would leave. It will wear you down as well.

2 Likes

Start by getting your car fixed. He doesn’t have to do it for you. Just tell him your getting the car fixed and he needs to help how ever that is, I don’t understand the “why” of him needing to do it and not you so I’m guessing there is something there, call somewhere and make an appointment to get it fixed and find out how to get it there. Then just start living life. Either he will come along or he will leave. But stop waiting for him to do it with you.

With any decision go for a pen & paper, divide in half then label each side , PRO & CON. Now think hard and write down all pros and cons, then put check mark or x by what you can and cannot deal with or change. This seems to really put it all into perception.

1 Like

But why don’t you get a car or get it fixed?:thinking:

1 Like

Leave for a few days after the next fight. Tell him why you left.

1 Like

Later gator. I’m out.

1 Like

It just may be he is indeed depressed.

2 Likes

It sounds like he has depression…

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do you know it's time to end a relationship? - Mamas Uncut

What you get now is what you get. Don’t expect him to change later on. Your better off cutting your loses cause this certainly wont end well. You sound like you both are with each other cause your bored.

8 Likes

Have a chat about it.
Will you be happy with not having another child? Will you regret not having one? I think it’s completely your choice. If you’ll regret not having another child I’d leave

If that question comes to mind, it’s time to move on. Don’t hesitate it will only get worse.

2 Likes

I guess it depends on whats more important a relationship with him or having another kid. Is it possible that his feelings over time changed to not wanting one. Maybe he originally wanted to wait for a certain time but then realized when that time came that he doesn’t want anymore kids. You could talk about it but you can’t make him change his mind.

9 Likes

If you really want another child and he doesnt then it is probably better to cut ties. Because either way things happen someone will probably end up resenting the other one.

13 Likes

Why did his feelings change? Have you asked him that?

2 Likes

Is it worth splitting your whole family over? Something only you can answer doll

4 Likes

If having a baby is that important to you, and he absolutely doesn’t want any more kids if you stay you will end up resenting him later. It’s definitely something to talk about and figure out what you really want.

4 Likes

If it’s your deal breaker start packing up and leave. He knew what you wanted and he’s going back on it

11 Likes

If it’s something you really want, then it’s time to move on unfortunately, if you can be happy together without another one then stay… only you can make that choice

3 Likes

Set them down and tell him it’s either a baby or bye-bye I did the same thing I got pregnant at 15 had both of my kids by at 19 they’re 2 years apart boy girl and I never thought about ever wanting any more kids I ended up with a 50-year-old he couldn’t have kids he had a vasectomy but I let his stupid ass talked me into getting my tubes tied a year later me and him broke up I married someone else very happy that I never had a baby with him but there has been a couple of people that I’ve seen since I divorced in 2010 that I would have liked to had a baby with and I never can again I guess it’s okay though I did get grandchildren I have my daughter has girl girl boy girl and my son had stepchildren boy girl girl and then they had their son a boy the oldest step child is 15 which is the oldest of all the grandkids and seven is the youngest which he’ll be seven in August but it still just ain’t the same as having something your own that you can take care of and do things with whenever they get older and something I guess I never had before I can’t tell you whether I would really leave or stay because you have to look at it like this do you love him enough to spend the rest of your life with him if he don’t want to have kids anymore or if it’s a deal breaker that you just can’t deal with life’s too short if you want another baby he don’t want to then you’re getting older every day so I would go out and get rid of him find someone else that you can be in a relationship that wants kids that would probably be the best thing to do I wish you luck

If it’s that important to you then yes it is a deal breaker. You’ll spend the rest of your relationship blaming him for missing out on something you wanted. And if it doesn’t last and you break up years from now, you’ll feel it’s to late to start a new relationship and have a child with that person. Cut your ties while you’re young and not married. Life’s to short to be unhappy and always wonder what if. Plus if you accidentally get pregnant he’ll think you did it on purpose, treat you different and ruin your whole pregnancy experience.

8 Likes

It is a deal breaker if you want another and he dose not i would give him a ultimatum either you guys have a child in this set time or your walking and explain how he told you that you guys would but now he changed his mind…

Nope, time to go. If you have to force it, it will end anyway, only a lot harder on everybody.

4 Likes

Rather sounds like you want to enjoy “the pregnancy” and he, not getting the sensation of being pregnant is maybe thinking more about the subsequent 18 years, people change over time and not to use a prison analogy the youngest child is 7 so with time served you could be looking at freedom to do more travel, and other adult activities in ten years, another child pushes that down the road another ten years if you get started immediately, so if your dug in about another child and he’s wanting to finish the current projects without taking on any new ones I’d say you guys are circling the drain

1 Like

The trust is gone. You should be, too.

1 Like

When you ask an online relationship page when you know when its time to end a relationship.

4 Likes

I dont think he lied i think maybe his feelings about having kids changed over the years. If having another child is something you are set on and its a “deal breaker” then i think its time to leave. Its not far to you if its something you really want and its not far to him to try to force him into having another child that he doesnt want

11 Likes

Evaluate which is more important to you. Which do you want more. Are you willing to give up having more kids to be with this man for the rest of your life? Will you be at peace with everything you have now? Or is it worth it to leave this man, to fulfill something that your heart is still yearning for? Either way, you will have to give up something that will be hard to give up. Perhaps sit down with him and discuss that this is something you want, and something that you 2 had previously agreed upon. Let him know that when you entered a relationship with him, something very important to you was in your future. Ask him what is more important to him and stick to your guns. If not having another child is as important to him as having another child is to you, then it sounds like it may be time to pursue your future elsewhere.

1 Like

I would say leave. Y’all now realize you want different things for your futures and that okay but keeping it going can cause resentment on both ends. You wanting a child and not getting it or him not wanting one and giving into your want to make you happy.

2 Likes

If you’re asking how to know when it’s time to end a relationship then you’ve already passed the point

3 Likes

People do change their mind about things, even about how many kids they want. This does not mean he lied or deceived you.

5 Likes

If my fiance wanted another child I would leave. I don’t want anymore kids and I will not be forced to have one just to keep my relationship alive

8 Likes

As people get older and grow they do start to feel differently about things they want and don’t want. Just because 2 or 3 years ago he wanted more kids doesn’t mean he lied. It may just mean that he now has those kids and feels fulfilled no longer desiring another baby.
I would ask myself what is important having a baby or the relationship and bonus child u currently have?

2 Likes

i would talk to hin about everything and go from there. as for the car. id sell it myself and get a new one myself if hes not willing to do it or help🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Likes

Sometimes love is not enough! Sounds controlling, I’d be planning my exit. Save money, get your car, etc.
You can try counseling, to help you to decide.

If he’s working hard has three kids, with or without a mental illness like depression, he’s probably exhausted. He probably doesn’t want to cart you around on a whim. I think if you had your own car it would solve a lot of your problems. It seems like you want to just get up and go places and he’s tired. I don’t think this is all on him.

IMO you both need to communicate more and you need to put in the work to get your own car, too. Good luck!

1 Like

Perfect y’all just turned 25 everything will get rocky because y’all have just turned that corner in life. Good luck this is when people start to settle into who they are going to be moving forward. If this has just started to happen then I say give it time you both will level out. 25 is an interesting age and when you start to realize things in a whole different light. Maybe y’all need a date night or something. If you say he awesome at one point but then changed there is hope. Good luck relationships are hard.

1 Like

You can do WITHOUT HIM BUT YOU CHOOSE NOT TO!!! Never depend on anyone, but yourself!!! It’s a tough decision to walk away, but it’s a must for your sanity and your kid’s peace so they won’t have to witness mommy and daddy not getting along

1 Like

Tell him to let you borrow his car to run errands so you don’t have to bug him to go with you. Call your insurance and have your car towed to a shop and have it fixed yourself since you have a job. Relationships change as they age and it this is a perfect time to learn some self reliance. You’ll feel more confident and he won’t feel like you’re nagging him.

3 Likes

Go buy a car with or without his help and then keep driving

Marriage takes work! You don’t get married just to split up when times get tough or things aren’t going your way! You made a commitment, stick with it!!! Your children don’t deserve to go through the turmoil of a divorce just because things got tough and you guys didn’t work to straighten things out. Communication and understanding/comprehension are vital to anyone’s marriage. Tell him you need him to communicate with you in a way that you are able to understand. Be patient with one another. Forgive one another. Understand that both of you are quite young and still have a lot to learn TOGETHER. marriage isn’t something you just give up on.

You don’t give up on your family give it the good fight you can rekindle the love you have for each other keep trying

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do you know it's time to end a relationship? - Mamas Uncut

When u have to ask that question

16 Likes

He hasn’t lied.
He has made his mind up that 3 is enough and he doesn’t want anymore.
Just like women do.
You can ask why, without accusations and have one last conversation yes.
If he is adamant he is done then the choice is yours - a possible future child or the relationship you have already.

20 Likes

When you’re asking that question to total strangers

1 Like

I would leave if that was a deal breaker you and he said he wanted it too. Life is too short so do what makes you happy

4 Likes

None of us can correctly answer this question for you. Can you find yourself in another relationship stable and comfortable enough to raise another child, what kind of time frame will that be? Or can you live without the possiblity if having another child.

You have to follow your heart and do what’s best for you.

If you are questioning whether to stay or leave then you probably know the answer.

Talk to God about it.

4 Likes

my biggest regret in life was not leaving my ex-husband and not moving on because the issue of other children was a deal-breaker for me and I ignored my own wants and needs

it all depends on what is more important to you. This relationship with somebody who does not have the same priorities and values as you or having another child?

for me, my biggest regret in life is not having the other child. Because we’re divorced. I don’t have him anymore, anyway. but I’m always a mother.

he knew going into it that I wanted more than one child. He held a carrot in front of my face for years and then he cut it off.

I did drastic things to try to change my own wants and needs so that I could keep my husband. with permanent consequences. Now even though I’m not with him, I will never have another child.

and he wasn’t worth it. not because of the number of children issue, but everything all around.

so really it just depends on what your personal priorities are. And you have every right to do what you need to make your life fit your priorities, regardless of what anybody else thinks. Because at the end of the day, nobody else on this planet has to live with the consequences of your choices except you

" if you don’t have to pay the price for my choices, you don’t get to judge them or say anything about them, thank you next."

7 Likes

I thru away the best years of my life when I got married to a guy that later told me he didn’t want children. I had already from a previous relationship but I always dreamt of having more. My girls were 3 & 5 then. I thought maybe we’d have an oops baby or something but he wasn’t a sexual person either :roll_eyes::grin: I wasted 13 years with him​:flushed::flushed::flushed: We divorced a few years ago and I am no way having a baby now that they are 18 & 20. If it’s a deal breaker then adios! Don’t waste your life with the wrong person, like I did!

why don’t you enjoy the one’s you already have. being a mom isn’t just about being pregnant. Your kids are at the age that you can have lots a fun and not have to drag all the baby stuff around. 3 is enough especially with the way things are now with covid and who knows about the economy now with the Delta virus that is going around now.

5 Likes

If you’re not happy, it’s time.

If it’s still a deal breaker I think you must know the answer.

3 Likes

If you’re adamnet about having another child and he is not it’s time to move on if you can’t accept the idea of having the three children you already share, especially if his mind is made up.
I was hesitant going into my relationship with my now boyfriend after my divorce. I already had three ( two girls and one boy) and didn’t want another. He only had his daughter. I was worried he would want a boy of his own to pass down his family name. He assured me he was happy with the four we share. They are so close in age they drain our energy. They are ( 12 -my daughter), (9 -my son) ( 8- his daughter), ( 7- my youngest daughter). We are blessed to have them close in age to play and hang out. We couldn’t imagine starting all over again with a new born. We are now finally at the ages we can travel and do kid friendly things.
Figure out what is most important to you and if your love for him is that forever love. :heart:

Let your deal-breakers be deal-breakers. If it is, then you already know the answer.

5 Likes

You answered your own question. You said it was a deal breaker. Unfortunately and saddening enough he doesn’t want anymore and you definitely don’t want to bring a child into this world just because its what you want. Sounds like you might have to move on. Best of luck.

If you truly plans on not having another child and you told him that was a deal-breaker for you before things got serious I would say walk away because you have the right to want more children and he has the right to not want them

In my experience, girl you already know what you gotta do next.

1 Like

Maybe he has seen that 3 kids is enough and he just changed his mind about a 4th. Why don’t you try asking him why instead of asking strangers what to do. I mean you’ve pretty much made your mind up in your post and answered your own question.

2 Likes

Be grateful for the kids you have. The answer is simple, leave him if you want another child soooo bad, if having another child of the most important thing to you find someone who wants one bit don’t regret what you lost with that good man over your selfishness of wants

1 Like

You know the answer. My nephew had bought a house with a girl. They spent most of his 20s together. They were both professionals and one day she just said she wasnt going to have kids. He left her. It killed him. He is now happily married 5 years later and just had a little girl in April.

1 Like

Do you love him…that should be the first thought…

1 Like