How is it having kids 10-years-apart?

I have a brother 18years younger than me. Doesnt cha ge our relationship. Hes my brother im his sissy.

I have kids 9 years apart. My baby is 11 weeks old. My 9 year old wasn’t thrilled when we told we were expecting…he started to come around a little bit towards the end of my pregnancy and now that his baby sister is here, he is in love

I’ve got a gr.daughter who is 18 and her little brother is 3 and they adore each other and my 3yr. old gr.son loves his 10yr. old cousin that lives with us as well - they act like brothers - she will do fine with a new baby brother/sister just let her take her time in getting adjusted but don’t slack on her attention that she is used after the baby arrives if that is possible. Good luck momma you and your daughter will do just fine.

My brother and I are 10 years apart. We have an amazing relationship. My mother basically got 2 only children.

My grandson is 11 and his brother is 23. They love each other but have nothing in common. My other granddaughter was in 8th grade when her sister was born. It was fun for a while but she still resents the fact she had so much responsibility for her .

There is 12 years between my oldest bonus daughter and our twins. She’s now 13 and they are 1. They are more attached to her than they are to me somedays. It’s hard and kind of strange starting over but once you get the hang of a baby again, everything falls into place. I LOVE watching the way our oldest is with her babies sisters. She loves them unconditionally. I hope the same for your kiddos! Everything will work out. :heart:

9 years between me and my youngest sister. We are strangers bc I left home at 17

My younger brother and I are 14 years apart. And we’ve been close since the day he was born. Our mother passed when he was 10…and I’m now his guardian. Hes 16 and I’m 30. Hes a blessing and I love him just as much as I love my son.

My two oldest are 11 yrs apart.they are besties now .27 and 16

My daughter is 9 years older, my son was born the day after she turned 9, she also has an older half brother who is 9 years older. They all get along great. They aren’t super close but they talk and see each other regularly. They all get along. Plus my daughter loves to help out with her brother, but he still drives her crazy sometimes like any other younger sibling. It’s also nice having such an age difference because they need different levels of attention unlike two young children. Now that my son is almost 3 he needs a lot of attention and my daughter is about to be 12 and she’s more interested in random time together and being with her friends.

I have a 14 year old, 12 year old, 3 year old and a 4 month old. My older kids are a great help and all love each other.

I don’t but 2 of my sisters do ,they adjust and love them regardless of the age difference ,of course it takes getting used to

I have a 16 13 9 and 3 year old , and they get on great most of the time , unless the youngest is tired and grumpy x

Me and my sister are 10 years apart and then her and my daughter are ten years apart. And we all have a great relationship.

I’ve got kids that are 28, 22, 18 and 8. It’s hard on the kids but was harder on me health wise. My last one I had at 39. My 18 year old is the one that took it the hardest.

My son is 9 years apart. It has its pros and cons

Me and my oldest brother were 8 years apart. We are closer than me and the middle brother. We get along better and understand alot about each other. They will be fine.

My brother and I are 10 years apart. It sucked growing up with him lol but we are close now

I have an 8yr old and a 3 week old…so far so good

My oldest is 13 youngest 8 months. No issues thus far. My older girls don’t seem to mind a younger brother.

My 11 year old barely spoke to me my entire pregnancy. Within 3 hours of meeting her sister, she is now her best friend. They “play” together and the older one (14 now) lets the younger one (3 now) “hang out” with her and her friends. She wasn’t much help with diapers and stuff but there’s never been any jealousy or rift there.

Mine are 15 yrs apart. The older one being 20, youngest going on 5. They have been apart from one another as the oldest is now living in a different province but they snap chat one another every single day and they can’t wait to see one another! It is a very special bond!

1 Like

My 11 year old prefers the baby/young toddler stage. He’s very helpful. It’s when they hit the age where they want to do everything the big one is doing…lol that’s been our issue

Who’s put the angry emoji lol ,my kids r 21 and 22 they adore their younger brother who is only 6 :heart:

I have a 12 yr old an a 4 yr old they are just fine they fight alot

I’m the youngest of 5 siblings i have the best relationship with my 2nd oldest brother he is 32 and I’m just about to be 21 we are so so close so it might be hard for her now because shes young but i bet they will be close when she grows up.

I have 12 year old and 2 year old and my 12 year old loves her little sister!! She’s a huge help too esp being preggo w girl #3

1 Like

My kids are 13 years apart and my 13 year old son is a huge help with his sister

I have a12, 8,almost 2,and a 6 month old. My oldest loves the littles so much and helps out a lot. My 8yo tho I think gets jealous because he was the baby for ever.

I have my kids with 7 years apart and my daughter loves her little brother so much

I have a 14 year old step son, 8 year old, 4 year old and 10 month old all boys. The 8,4 and 10 month old all love each other and to play together. The 14 year old refuses to even meet the 10 month old

My oldest is 20 and my youngest is 2 1/2. I also have two 19 year olds. It was hard for my oldest at first, now they are best friends

My little brother and I are 16yrs apart and are super close, I was able 2 help out alot when he was a baby it was pretty special :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My eldest is 17 in afew weeks. Youngest will be born in October. My son sees it as a blessing even my 5 year old daughter sees it as exciting.

My sister is 9 years younger than me, I loved helping with her and helping shape her into the person she is today, I also have a sister who is 16 months younger than me, it is a different relationship but I love them both the same!

My children are 24,20 and 8. The older kids love their lil sis. Best blessing ever!! I was scared but excited. I love all 3 of my children, but have the little one still home keeps me young. And I am only 42.

My daughters are 24 and 13. Very jealous of each other. My 24 year old wants the attention of my 13 y/o and my 13 y/o wants the independence of the 24 y/o. Some days I cannot win.

I have a little brother 13yrs younger than me. I loved taking care of him and it was the best form of birth control you could ever ask for. I understood at a young age what it was to take care of a kid.

I have 12,11,8 & 8months. Lord, it’s a trap :joy::joy::joy:

My sister and I are 20 years apart and I’m telling you its truly a blessing! I love her so much and your daughter will love her sibling no matter how far apart they are. I’m going to be 30 this year and my sister will be 10.

I think you already seeing a problem with it IS the problem. If you have that attitude you better believe your daughter will pick up on it and feel the same. That baby is a blessing and if you see it that way and portray that energy it will set the tone for everything. On another note, my son was 5 when I had my daughter and he has been a huge help. So that’s a positive way to look at it

I have an 11 year old and a 1 year. 10 years apart almost to the day! My boys absolutely adore each other. My oldest loves helping with the little one and my little one looks at my oldest like he’s a super hero.

Also, I’m 30 and have a 13 year old sister. We’re not as close as I’d like to be, but I absolutely adore her. I always take her with us on family trips! As a matter of fact, that’s her in my profile pic :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

my dad had me and my sister 16 years apart. I love it.

I have a little brother that’s almost exactly 16years younger and it was the best! He was my little buddy. It was just sad when I moved out at 19 and he was only 3 he would come over for the summer. But when I started my own family he was a little sad. He was like my first baby. Now he is 13 and taller then me. We aren’t as close but one day when he is older I think we will be. I have a brother who is 6 years younger and he and my other brother are super close they are 10years apart. They talk on the phone a lot and if my mom has issues with my little brother she has my 23 year old brother call to talk to him and give him advice. So he has had a lot of guidance and love :heart:

A new baby will bring joy to the older siblings. They may not think so at first but the baby giggles, first smiles, crawling and playfulness will win over older siblings.

I have a brother 11 years younger than I and he was an answer to a prayer. I had wanted a brother my entire life. I also have a sister three years younger than I am

Me and my little sister are 12.5 years apart. She was like my own personal baby doll. The bond we had was something out of this world. She slept in my room, we spent 24/7 together, then she hit mouthy teenager years and I started my own family, and moved out of state and we’ve drifted apart. She will still come visit & We joke she is my first baby.

1 Like

My last 2 are 12 years apart and we had no problems whatsoever! The only issue, he wanted a sister and got another brother! Congratulations

Why would it be a major rift. Im 28 and have two brothers aged 5 and 8. Also two sisters aged 14 and 12. I love it couldnt imagine life without them

I have a 2, 7, and 10 year old. I was worried about the age gap but they all adore each other and my older two are a huge help😊

My oldest is 11 and a 4 month old. At first she was angry but she loves her baby sister now

Mine are 19 years apart. My oldest is 21 then 2 years old and my newest is almost 2 months.

My son will be nearly nine when my baby is born and he is super excited

My oldest is 11 and my youngest is 1 he absolutely adores her

My daughter and son are 8 years apart. Maybe include the eldest but don’t lean on to much. Let her know she isn’t replaced or you are starting over but also don’t make it to where she feels she has to help raise or take care of

My older sister and I have a 14 year difference and we’re very close. I think we definitely got closer as I got into my teenage years.

I was incredibly close to my little brother. He was 12 years you get than I. We had an amazing bond. I think it will be a blessing

My kids age exactly. They will love it no matter what. My 13 yr old didnt want a baby. Now he cant imagine life without him

There’s a 16 year gap between me and my brother. It’s really not a big deal.

Why would there be a rift? you’re oldest will be another person to protect them thru life and love them as you do :woman_shrugging:

My best friend has a 13 year old and is about to give birth to her 2nd child any day now…13 years apart. Her 13 year old is excited to have a baby brother.

Its awsome my oldest is 12 and my middle is 10 and I have a 16 month old and honestly he has brought so much laughter and an awsome experience with my oldest my daughter sometimes try’s to take over sometimes but she loves it she is able to take him out and play and change him even tho I say I will do it lol

I have 4 kids. My youngest (girl) turns 7 tomorrow, my middle (boy) will be 12 in September and my oldest (twin girls) will be 17 in August. So they’re 5 years apart between each of them. My oldest were 10 when my youngest was born. When she was born, they absolutely loved her. They always wanted to help with her and play with her etc. When she hit about 4, they had had enough of her. I guess them going into their teenage years, they “outgrew” her. She just wants to be with her sisters, but they look at it as she’s all up in their space and “annoying”. So for me and mine, it was great for a while. It may be different if you only have the two though. My oldest girls have 2 siblings on my side and 3 siblings on their dads side. I think they’re just done with little kids.

Mine are 6 years apart. Other than getting a little jealous from time to time, it hasnt been too bad. He loves his sister. And I also have one day out of the week to spend the day just him and I, which I think helps. Talk to her about how she feels about the baby and reassure that you’ll make one on one time with her. Dont force her to help, but always take her up on it if she offers. It’ll be okay :blush:

My boys are 10 years apart. My younger one is currently 10 months old. They already have a very strong bond and my older son is a wonderful big brother.

My little brother is 12 years younger than I. I thought it was my job to protect and teach him all I could

1 Like

Me and my fiancé is having one 10 years apart she turns 10 in august and due in December nothing wrong with it

Mine are 11!! My daughter Is 12, my boy 1!! He adores his big sister, and they crack each other up!!

Not quite 10 years but the biggest gap i have is between my 5 and 12 year old. They do really well. Especially since he can make pb and js. Lol my 12 year old ia her little servant. He loves his baby sisters. All together though I have a 14,13,12,5,3 and 3w old. The older they are the easier it is to take care of the little ones as the older ones love their independence and I love that I thought them how to do even the small things like make their own simple foods.

My son was 13 before I had another and he became a protector of his baby brother. He was like a third parent he did everything for them that we did. He was 20 when I had my last one and he adores his siblings. they his little mini best friends…lol

My girls are 11 years apart almost to the day. They have birthdays 2 days apart. next week I will have a 13 year old and a 2 year old so its definitely a rough age to have at the same time :sweat_smile: but the oldest gets aggravated with the baby in her stuff but she adores her sister and shes such a BIG help to me with her while I shower or cook. They will love each other! :heart:

My brothers are 10 and 9 years older than my and my mom told me as a baby the boys adored me and loved me, it wasn’t until their teen years that things were lame cuz they didn’t always want little sister around, but once I was a teen we are grew closer again. Now I’m 30 and my brothers care I are closer than ever

My boys are 10 years apart and love each other so much. My oldest is 10 and baby is 1. My older son loves helping out.

Just had a little boy in March & my son will be 8 years old in November. And my daughter is 9, so they’ve been really helpful​:sparkling_heart::innocent:

My 9 year old is excited for a new baby. We’re due in 3 months. I think it’s going to be even better than being close in age cause he’s in school so I get more of a break during the day, he’s very independent so I don’t need to have him begging for things at the same time as baby, he can help me with things, he does chores, there’s so many benefits to having Kids with big age gap. Don’t worry. It’ll be fine

It will keep you young

My son is 12 years a part and they are great together!

I’m the youngest in our family. My sisters are 10 years and 9 years older than me. And it was never a problem for them.

Mine are 10 years apart and it’s been a Blessing the oldest has always been a little momma to her twin siblings and now they are 27 &. 17 and still look out for each other.

I have a 15 year old and just had twins 6 months ago the bigger ones can help :heart:

I am 10 years apart from my younger brother and 14 apart from the youngest of the 5 of us.
I love them all very much but I was given the babysitting duty which I loved to do every now and then but then grew to resent it during my high school years. I love them all so much but it was too much responsibility

My son is gonna be 13 i have a 7 month old :heart:

I have a 13, 11 and 2 year old. The big’uns absolutely dote on my youngest, forever making him laugh playing with him and cuddling etc. Absolutely wonderful to see. Just remember to include older ones so they don’t feel left out.

1 Like

I was 12 when my sister was born and I loved it I was able to help my mum and I could really interact with her

Mine were ten yrs apart and it was fine. Just make quality time for your older child.

My hubby and his sister are 9 years apart and he said they didn’t get along as kids. He felt more responsible for her welfare, like a parent, rather than just her brother. They are very close now that they are both adults with children.

My sister was ten years younger and I loved her with all my heart. I don’t understand you. Why should there be a rift?

I’m 11 years older than my first half brother, and my husband is 10 years older than his… we did ok… it’s an adjustment but usually kids are happy about a baby. Plus being that much older you can include your child more so it may be a very positive experience. I was elated to feed the baby and rock him for naptime. Just prepare the best you can and things will fall into place.

Usually a 10 year old will act like a 3rd parent to their sibling. So I think itll be an awesome age difference for her. They’ll have such a unique bond for siblings.

What kind of question is this though??..

My daughter’s eldest is 22, her daughter is 14, and her youngest is 4, and they are very loving to each other… So all the best

I love it. I have a 12 year old boy and a 3 year old boy. Its the perfect balance for me. They both are on totally different needs in there lifes. It easier for me that way. I also don’t have my 12 year old watch his brother. Hes our child and my oldest just gets to be the big bro. He helps when asked but not expected. He’s not a babysitter he’s his brother just like if they were around the same age. If that makes since.

8 Likes

I do an my oldest is 10 yrs old than my twins. Shes been a real big help with them and loves them to.pieces! The transition took a toll on her as she was an only child for a while but once I included her with picking names and all she fell in love. Sending prayers but try to included the oldest as much as you can

1 Like

It’s an absolute blessing! My older kids are very very close to their younger siblings biggest gap is 10 years apart. My oldest two boys learned how to handle and take care of babies since I had three more. Their bond is very special they will be amazing father’s when that time comes and their younger siblings will be ready to learn how to handle babies when they come along

I am 11 years older than my youngest brother. We have a good relationship. Just remember, your oldest child is still a child…not another parent. I was a built in babysitter and care giver. I was a little salty about that. Not saying you would do that… just throwing it out there. Congratulations!

My daughter is 13 and my son is 10… my newest blessing is 3 months old! They are absolutely amazing with her and she adores them both! They have been awesome help since I came home from the hospital. You will love the bond they create with each other! My daughter loves to dress her and pick out her outfits😊

My daughter was a senior in High School when I had my son and she was like a second mom to him. She absolutely adored her baby brother, and if nothing else, being aware of the responsibility of having a baby certainly deterred her from having her own until she was 36, lol. They have the same father and looked so much alike that people often mistook her for being his mom!

1 Like

There is 11 years between my daughter and my son ,i was a bit worried too but they got on great she was like a second mammy to him and still today there relationship is a strong bond

1 Like

Great i have 2 sons 10 years apart an the older one totally watches out fr baby brother and loves him 110% they are great together now one is 14 an other is 4 and u would think. Being. A teen dont havetime for baby brother so so wrong he’s always including him

3 Likes

My sister and I are 8 years apart, I’m 23 and she is 14. Because we are in such different stages of life we didn’t start getting along until about 2 years ago when she began entering the teenage years. She of course got much more attention because she’s a lot younger which kind of left me feeling not as loved or paid attention to. Each household is different, just personal experience it was difficult being the oldest of that kind of situation. If my parents could have done one thing different, I would suggest having a monthly “date day” with the oldest, or older children without the baby. Have a friend or family member care for the baby while you take the other(s) to the beach or picnic or movie. Whatever it is, just make an effort to have a day alone with them each month or every few weeks. As a parent, you may not understand the lack of attention your older child is feeling, not all kids know how to put it into words, but a conscious effort to make them feel like they have your attention will make it easier.