How long did you wait to get intimate after giving birth?

With my first born we waited 6 weeks but it didnt stop hurting until almost 1 year. With our second we waited 4 weeks. (Both were natural…no rips or tears)

I waited until the OB said I was good. I had stitches and didnt want to jeopardize my hoohah. I did other things instead.

My oldest almost 8 months

My youngest a lil over 6 weeks

1 Like

I had a c section so it was about 8 weeks

8 days after a c section. 2 weeks after a vaginal delivery. Whenever I felt comfortable.

Wait. Even if you feel good you’re risking infection
That’s why the 6 weeks rule.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with butt stuff. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

We waited till a couple weeks after I got my birth control put in. So about 8 weeks

We stopped having sex at 20 weeks due to complications then waited the 6 weeks after due to wear the tearing was it sucked

About 2 weeks and it hurt so we waited until after my IUD was put in

6-7 weeks each time.

My daughter is two years old, so that plus 9/10 months.

Just kidding!! About 6 months though. I got an infection so I waited a lot longer to make sure it was healed.

2 weeks we were ready but seriously be careful I got pregnant staright away after !

1 Like

I would wait because if infection. It’s really not worth it. Just get creative with each other. With my first one I tried about 5 weeks after and it hurt too bad, with my second ine i waited 7 weeks and it still wasn’t the nodt pleasant thing in the world. I had an episiotomy with both

You wait until your doc clears you. I don’t understand why there are so many of these questions.

2 Likes

I waited 6 weeks both times

6 wks or longer to be safe

Ten weeks post-cesarean. I got the Nexplanon implant at 8 weeks but OBGYN advised waiting another two weeks after the birth control was put in because there was no way of knowing if I was ovulating (I’m pumping).

I’m lucky. I didnt bleed for more than 2 days with any of my 3 pregnancies. I was able to resume activities with protection within a week. My doctor never knew how my body healed and got back to normal so quickly. Said I’m very lucky.

6 weeks or so, but I didn’t make my husband wait that long. He got a lot of BJs. :joy::joy:

1 Like

My 1st son was 13 weeks when i found out my 2nd baby was in my Tummy and 6 weeks growing… i had a csection and it wasn’t a painful recovery for me at all. So we didn’t wait that long. But my birth control hadn’t kicked in yet… oops

40 days !! Haha haha

2 years and 3 months

Like 3 months. Had a c section and i hurt plus i wasnt sleeping cause baby. But ur supposed to wait the 6 months cause u have a giant gaping hole in ur uterus. Just saying.

Had stitches cause I tore every way possible. We waited 4 almost 5 weeks I think :woman_shrugging:t2: I wasn’t sore by then tho

I had sex 2 weeks postpartum. Yes I am aware of the risks that come with it. 6 weeks is max healing time the doctors give you. This is word of mouth from my own OB. However, I was also up cooking dinner and doing laundry the day after I had my first baby (at 19 years old)… I’m about to have another son and if I feel ready again at 2 weeks pp, my husband and I will most definitely be back in the game. How you feel and how comfortable you are with it is completely up to you love.

I waited two months.

I got pregnant in less than a month after my first child was born.

Usually about 3 weeks and I was fine. :blush:

6, maybe closer to 7 weeks

1 Like

6 weeks . You can wait. It’s the mens that cant lol

3 Likes

I waited 6 with my first and 3 with my second

Hahahaha. Funny story. He thought the doctor said six months, instead of six weeks, so I just kept letting him think it. Hahahahaha. And one week before it was up my girlfriend ratted me out !! We were all dying. :rofl:

3 Likes

The recommended time. 6 weeks…

4 Likes

6 to 8 weeks, wanted to make sure my body was healed and I was on birth control as you are a lot more fertile after giving birth

5 Likes

If you tore at all, I would wait the full 6 weeks. You can still have sex without penetration, so I would do those things. 3 more weeks isn’t that long.

1 Like

I am a month pp and I only waited 3 weeks I say as soon as you have mostly stopped bleeding and you feel comfortable :blush:

1 Like

3 weeks, I didn’t tear though. It felt amazing, but i don’t recommend it

Girl be careful! My 2 oldest r 13 months apart because u r super fertile right after birth

1 Like

I waited a week after my third. Her dad is a complete failed cum shot.

I waited 8 almost 9 wks but I had alot of healing to do. We are 4.5 yrs out now and it is still sometimes painful. Never got back to pre baby sex😭

Please wait the recommended time. You are still healing and can get an infection. I got a uterine infection after birth and nearly died.

8 Likes

Me and my husband didn’t wait to have sex my two girls are 10 months apart expecting my third baby in June

1 Like

We did about 3 weeks after

Girl you gon mess around and catch an infection. Your body needs to heal. Also, unless you want another on the way asap, I would wait the recommended 6 weeks. We havent had sex since September because of pregnancy complications and now we cant get busy til Mid-March.

4 Likes

I had one vaginal birth and two c-sections and I had sex 2 weeks after all three.

3 Likes

It all depends on recovery 2-4 weeks usually

1 Like

They tell you 6 weeks for a reason! If you tore you could tear more and mess up stitches, your more fertile before the 6 weeks is up, infection is more possible…

4 Likes

If you feel fine and aren’t bleeding anymore. That’s what my dr told me. They just dont want you to get an infection. That’s why they say 6 weeks.

My doctors gave me the clearing at 3 weeks. They said as long as you feel good then giver.

6 weeks. Your uturus has a dinner plate size wound that needs time to heal or you run the risk of an infection

4 Likes

I waited 3 weeks into it luckily I didn’t have any stitches nor tear when going into labor so everything was okay lol

Between 3 and 4 weeks. Around that time when I was around him my hormones went crazy if I couldn’t have him I’m sure I would of went insane. But we took it slow just incase. Just take it slow and be cautious

About 10 weeks… i had a 2nd degree tear and the fear was very real!!!

1 Like

Never before doctor sees post op, examination is done and given all clear.
Mom of 6 and it’s not worth the risk.

1 Like

6 weeks. You literally have a gaping wound in your uterus.

4 Likes

mine was 8 weeks. i had 21 stitches. lol

Always wait until you’re cleared by your doctor! Risk of infection (due to where your placenta detached or stitches) is not worth the 10 seconds of sex you’ll have if it’s been that long!

16 Likes

I think they say six weeks because it’s very easy to get pregnant right away.

2 Likes

3 weeks with my first.
2 and a half weeks with my second.
I had them both vaginal.

1 week with each one :woman_shrugging:t2: im good…

1 Like

Always wait until your doctor gives the ok. Your uterus has a large wound inside it right now; it needs to be healed before sex or you can end up with a massive infection.

6 Likes

I always waited but know a lot of woman who didnt and had tearing and all kinds of other bad experiences.

Very high risk for infection your body is healing they say wait for a reason. Don’t ask internet advice just because they did it and nothing happened don’t mean it can’t happen to you.

3 Likes

never before you see your doctor for your six weeks pp. not safe at all

1 Like

3-4 weeks, whenever you’re ready

1 Like

I think we waited four weeks but I had two c sections. But my stomach was sore.

I waited like 3 months because I just CANT! Thankfully my husband is a pretty cool guy.

3 Likes

6-7 weeks, definitely get cleared first by your doctor

1 Like

10 weeks… had a big tear down there and was still uncomfortable for me

A little more then weeks was not looking to get pregnate again I mean I just had one.

6 weeks. Always wait for drs ok !!

As soon as I stopped bleeding. Everyone is different though so dont push yourself obviously if you have had a c section you are advised to wait longer xx

1 Like

I waited probably 10 weeks and gradually eased in. It was uncomfortable for me and I was dead tired all the time. I was definitely one of those moms who stayed in pjs around the clock and looked like I had just been hit by a train for the first 6 or so months. Lol

Waited almost the full six weeks and it was awful. Hurt so much, even now after 6 months things are just different. Can be extremely uncomfortable in certain positions. If suggests waiting till your doctor clears you.

3 Likes

Y’all realize you can get sepsis and die from having sex too early? You literally pushed a whole human out of your body. There’s a giant wound up there. Be smarter ladies!

35 Likes

We were 7 and a half weeks pp

Whenever you’re ready. I had my twins then 1week later done it :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

I think I was 12-14 weeks, I had am infection and then waited for my contraception to kick in aswell

Full 6 weeks. Read the possible issues with not waiting for the doctors ok and decided it really wasn’t worth the risk. A few more weeks wasn’t gonna kill us…I’d wait if I were you.

2 Likes

My thought on this is honestly doctors tell you to do things for a reason. Just because it’s been a long time doesn’t mean that there is not still a gaping wound inside of you probably not the best idea to put contaminants in there just a thought.

5 Likes

I waited 3weeks. Had a csection. Whenever you’re ready :woman_shrugging:t3:

When I was cleared by my OB at the 6 week appointment.

The reasoning behind waiting goes beyond the possible pain associated with intercourse. You have an internal wound in your body after delivery and the waiting is to ensure that your uterus is healed after delivery. Sex too early can cause infection and can be extremely serious. Please listen to the recommendations and wait.

10 Likes

Wait the 6 weeks. You literally have a gaping wound where the placenta was…

Also you are extremely fertile in that 8 week window so unless you want risk of infection or Irish twins just throw some lotion in his direction

6 Likes

Is that all females care about??? Is when they can have sex again when they just had a baby not to long ago??? Focus on your damn kid!

9 Likes

as long as the doctor said to… You have to give your body time to go back to normal

3 whole ass months !!!

2 Likes

With my first I waited 8 weeks. With my most recent I waited 2 weeks

I waited 2 and a half months. Wasnt in any rush…

My aunt had sex in the hospital after having one of her sons!! :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

2 wks my 1st i waited the full time but it’s ur body. If it feels ready, then fuck lol

I until waited 2 weeks…maybe less. Hubby fought me off, but in the end he’s weak lol

1 Like

My delivery went really smooth so I wanted to after a week. But my hubby made me wait at least 3weeks lmao

1 Like

We waited the entire 6 weeks. Trust me; it’s worth waiting. You can really mess things up down there if you don’t. Also, your muscles down there are still “tired”. While you may be feeling better, you haven’t healed completely yet.

2 Likes

After the 6 weeks. But let me say that it felt really uncomfortable, I wasn’t ready for it. So we waited a lil longer

Infection, dangerously too soon pregnancy, or just pain at best-really not worth the risk.

1 Like

You need to wait the full 6 weeks at least! You have a wound the size of a dinner plate in your uterus and its literally risking your life to do anything before your doctor has cleared you.

1 Like

I waited a month. But that was me, I had a natural birth with very minimal tearing. It depends on how you feel and your recovery process.

I mean y’all can always foreplay if you want I guess but the issue is delivery is major thing and heavy on the body - you want time to heal before ya get it beat up again so i mean go ahead and foreplay to get it out of you but I wouldn’t have full in sex until dr checks out that healing is going good .