How to clean a diaper rash?

Corn starch or baby powder

1 Like

Triple paste!!! My kids had at least one bought with diaper rash that was that bad. Nothing worked until I got triple paste.

I’ll look for the stuff I used. A&d cream works better

One time I used Vaseline and it literally made it worst :disappointed: I just use destin and frequent bathing keep the area dry, corn starch, powder

My youngest :heart: daughter had that problem in over 40 years ago, doctors did everything trying to clear it up, in those days we didn’t have throw away diapers ,she was so sensitive had to was her clothes with ivory flake, not ivory snow, ivory flakes.

Stop putting Vaseline & A&D ointment on it !! Those trap bacteria & make it worse !! Take him to a doctor !!! He may very well have a yeast infection !! Yes!! Boys can get yeast infections - especially when in diapers !! If he won’t let you wipe his butt because it’s so sore you’ve already waited too long !! Get that child to a doctor !!!

Cornstarch and leave him nappy free don’t add more moist to it he can be potty trained now

1 Like

I would cake desatin and powder And every other change I’d do an A and D type of cream. It usually took care of it. Just have to change them a lot to keep it dry. Air dry works well too.

Brown sum flour…let it cool…then put on him!!! #oleskoolremedy

It could be the brand ot diapers or pull-ups you are using. My daughter can’t use Huggies on her baby cuz he breaks out in a severe rash.

Go old school. Burn some cooking flour till it smells like popcorn and it’s brown. After each bath and diaper change sprinkle some on the area. The rash will disappear quick

This stuff is amazing for diaper rash and other skin issues … even Madonna uses it

Cornstarch to dry it out don’t put Vaseline coz that keeps it moist Also watch what I feed baby nothing to acidic to avoid burn keep applying till it dries out if it’s wet it won’t heal

Desitin extra strength! I swear by it

1 Like

Everytime you change his diapers put aquaphor on his butt and in between his thighs I’ve done that since my baby was born and he doesnt get a rush cause I am always applying it

Take him to the doctor for a script. It’s probably a yeast rash that normal diaper rash cream can’t get rid of

Cornstarch and no diaper

Bathing them a lot is going to make it worse. Rinse their bottom when they go number 2 and pat dry. Then I suggest aquaphore diaper rash cream

1 Like

Don’t use any diapers anymore time to potty train. Both my kids were always at the beach so the salt water helped and I stopped buying diapers when they were 1 and used curity cotton underwear they never got rashes.

I always put straight corn starch on my daughter and it’s cleaners up so quickly! She doesn’t get it too bad, but when she does get some, I put it on. By the next diaper change she’s normally cleared.

1 Like

Super duper diaper goop they have it at Walmart

I used Neosporin and you have to let it dry out as well. Keeping it wet will make it worse and also diaper rash ointment never worked for my son.

Keep in mind it could be yeast infection, if you can’t get it under control quickly. pediatrician will give you antifungal cream that’s safe to use on babies. I wish I’d known that sooner. Diaper cream seemed to make it worse.

Boudreaux’s Butt Paste

This stuff I swear by. It’s amazing!!!

A&D mixed with Milanta.

1 Like

Brown flour
Just brown flour like your making gravy

Put it in a shaker
Works within 24 hours

Sudacrem always worked fo my children and grandchildern

Aquaphor is the best stuff I have found

2 Likes

Best way is to get rid of diapers. He’s 2. Time to potty train.

1 Like

A bath and diaper free

1 Like

I repeat do not apply Vaseline it makes it worse and wash baby bottom with warm soapy water and keep bottom dry with powder or cornstarch

2 Likes

vaseline just holds the heat in.

1 Like

It could be a yeast infection try either a cream made for yeast infection or as strange as it sounds you can try plain yogurt as well and use a warm wash cloth during diaper change instead of wipes

2 Likes

A & D CREAM is good for everything every age…

Are you sure it’s diaper rash? My son had what I thought was diaper rash but wasn’t. It was fall weather and spring that he would break out. It was allergies. Due to the weather. Take him to a dermatologist.

aquaphor, my daughter never got diaper rash

1 Like

My daughter would get really bad diaper rash when she had diarrhea it was like acid to her skin all I could do was rinse her when she pooped with water. There was no way I can wipe it was like it was pulling the skin. Only thing that ever worked for my kids was Aquaphor

1 Like

Yup, let him go naked…it will clear up in no time!

3 Likes

Corn flour is the best, Use it like talcum powder and regularly. Use a cloth with warm water to wipe over area, no detergents Vaseline can make it worse as it feeds the infection and the area can’t breathe.

Put cornstarch on first or after Vaseline cornstarch works wonders take it from a grandma that knows

1 Like

Old school…scorch stsrch ( in a skillet) sprinkle on rash

Medicated Butt paste is the best and baking soda baths help
As well

Put cornstarch on top of the diaper rash cream and just use a cream not Vaseline

1 Like

I used a product called “Desitin Ointment”. It is a thick white soothing paste that prevents the waste and urine from touching the skin. It heals in 2 or 3 days. Don’t use baby wipes. Just mild soap and warm water. Try it. It works!!

1 Like

Agree with the corn starch, not so agreeable on the scorch stsrch (in a skillett)

A&d ointment never works for diaper rash …desitin works !

2 Likes

I always used corn starch. Sudafed is also great

Watch for ointments that have zinc, they may cause it to get worse.

Vaseline Or A&D with baby powder WITH aloe/cornstarch, cleared my baby up overnight… he was allergic to some diapers…

The only thing that worked for both of my babies is baking soda baths, pat dry the area and then apply a generous amount of calmoseptine. By morning, it’s gone.

We swear by purple desitin. The diaper soaks up half of what is on there so really really get it good good

Try Domborro
Really works wonders. You put the powder in a shallow bath and have them soak

Triple paste from target- let him air out and change him a lot during the night to keep his butt extra dry.

Call doc and get a prescription for Greer’s Goo. (Sorry but can’t figure out how to add pic. There is a recipe for homemade on Google)

Hydrocortisone and then the purple desatin on top that’s what my pediatrician always told me and it always works.

Stop Putting Vaseline All those saying put Vaseline don’t give such advice the affected area needs to be dry not moist… there are alots of medicated powders n creams or better still change the diaper brand… poor baby

1 Like

I had to get prescription ointment! Cleared up overnight!

I’m super old and extremely old school, but we used to bathe them and powder their butts with some corn starch powder and let them go bare butt for a few hours a day . Just lay them on a blanket for a few hours . But like I said " I’m old school" .

Flour will suck the moisture. Put it on everytime. Cook the moisture out of it on the stove and find a shaker bottle to put it in. This is my grandma’s secret. Works
better than any prescription

Corn starch work good

fresh Air,sunshine,cornstarch,

1 Like

Tube of zinc. It does not sting like diaper rash creams. It is soothing and coats the area.

1 Like

Warm water and mild soap on a soft wash cloth to wipe, desitin cream for after. You can also try a warm compress on bottom to help the rash, let air dry. Cornstarch will be your best friend for rashes. It could be something in the type of wipes or diapers too. Hope your little one gets better soon!!

No Vaseline, it holds heat. Get some aquaphor.

1 Like

flanders buddock ointment the rash will be gone in a day or two. https://www.amazon.com/Flanders-Buttocks-Ointment-2-Pack/dp/B00U371YH8

Equal parts A&D, Desitin and liquid mylanta. I thought my dr was crazy but cleared it up almost immediately!!

Poor buddy! Buttpaste always works better for us as far as healing goes. We also use baby powder liberally to help keep it dry. Good luck!

Anti fugal foot cream clears right up

2 Likes

Butt Paste!
Vaseline will keep moisture & cause a yeast infection. That will require an antibiotic.

Stop so many baths and use destin or A&D those will keep the moisture out and wipe gently

2 Likes

The poor Iittle man. I don’t know about using the vaseline, it might make it worse. You need to get him out of diapers. Teething and a wet bottom don’t mix.

Calmoseptine and corn starch

1 Like

I ended up using something called Pink Salve (I hope that’s how you spell it) instead of other creams. It seemed to heal and protect better.

Don’t put Vaseline on it yikes! You don’t want to feed it which is what that does.

When you clean him rinse out the wipes bc the alcohol in them will make it burn or either use a wet wash cloth… Vaseline is good to keep a barrier between him and the poop so it doesn’t burn him but it is hell to wipe off meaning you have to touch and rub on him more… I’m old school(and an infant childcare teacher) my advice is to mix up corn starch and maalox to a paste and slather it on… also being diaper free and “airing out” will help a lot

1 Like

Triple base works really well no proscription needed

Earth Mama Angel Baby Balm…amazing stuff! You can order it on Amazon. It’s also good for scrapes and burns!

Contact pediatrician. I’ve always used dr smith ointment for my kids though. Works better than any other one I’ve ever tried

Cornstarch sweetheart it’s natural and keeps them dry without baby powder.abd use diaper cream it’s in separate containers to keep them sanitized too.my 3rd son was the same way🤦 boy was always getting diaper rash or breaking out from detergent.

2 Likes

Don’t wipe, it hurts them, just rinse them off in the tub if number 2 and gently pat dry or gently dab a wet cloth to clean number 1 and pat dry. I used desitin or aquaphor on my boys.

Anti fungal foot cream

If yeast rash, might need a call in of Nystatin from doctor.

3 Likes

Triple paste it’s a cream

Give him a bath and use cornstarch afterwards you should never use a Vaseline it holds in the moisture which is what causes most diaper rashes

2 Likes

It might be more than diaper rash. If he was my child we would be on our way to the baby Dr. It could be an infection. Something serious

Watch what you are feeding him also, will play a huge part of diaper rash.

1 Like

Bepanthen is best xxxx

Cron starch baths and diaper free as much as possible.

4 Likes

From my experience with my kids just because I’m traditional (Navajo) I used shortening. It worked wonders

2 Likes

Potty train him now he understands what a diaper rash is

1 Like

I was told use betamine n that’s improved my baby’s also use water and cotton balls instead of wipes for bit

Vaseline is just gonna keep it moist, same with the baths. Those aren’t helping. Put some jock itch cream on it and let him run around nakey for a little bit

1 Like

Don’t put Vaseline and don’t use wipes, try to wash him instead or clean him with a damp cloth, also agree on the cornstarch :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3: and leave without a diaper when you can

Contact your pediatrician. Vaseline is so bad for the skin.

Take this for what its worth… back in the day i was visiting a friend and her daughter came in with her baby who had the worse diaper rash i have ever seen the grandmother took a look at the baby and sent the mother out to get a couple of large dirt dobber nest. Which she ground up to a powder and sifted to be sure no piecies of wasp were in it she preceded to dust thebabys bottom with it. Every time the diaper was changed. By the next day there was no sign of the rash. I swear this is true.

Stop wiping and rinse him off when he uses the restroom. It could also be a yeast infection. Water is better then friction with wiping a wound.

Creams & ointments didn’t work for my baby. Try regular ole baby powder. It cleared my sons right up every time.

are you using wipes? could be allergic to them. My Daughter was I used one with no perfumes. still she can not use TP the same.

Get a script for Nystatin and mix with extra strength Desitin. Cover everything! Good luck!