How to get pregnant with HIV?

IVF? I would personally get my health improved before trying to conceive though.

1 Like

Momma you need to get off FB about this cause there’s a lot of negativity you can get from Social Media. If you need advice ask your doctor cause no response on here will really help we’re not professionals .

26 Likes

I think its important that you get yourself healthy and well first :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Please talk to your dr. If you are throwing up, not able to eat much and losing weight it sounds like it could be a huge risk to your own health.

1 Like

Has your doctor said whether or not it’s safe for you or a growing fetus

1 Like

As a health care assistant I can confirm to you that you can give birth to an Hiv negative baby, there is some medication that you will need to take before conceiving and during pregnancy. The baby too will be given medication to take from birth to 6 weeks, from there the baby will be retested again at 6 weeks… Talk to your gynae they will help you… If your viral load is low then you cannot infect your partner…

26 Likes

You are about to get a lot of hate and ignorant comments. I remember reading that people who have HIV/AIDS are able to work with their doctor so that they can have a baby without passing along the infection. This is a conversation to have with your doctor and not Facebook.

12 Likes

Have you tried conceive plus products?

If you’ve been sick and losing weight while stable enough on your treatment to have a baby and your doctor isn’t willing to keep digging to find out why (especially with you being HIV positive) you need another doctor.

7 Likes

Imdont know what rock some of yall been livin under but just because mom has hiv doesnt mean the kids will mybhusband and his two sisters where born clean of hiv when their mom had it I think some of you need to go back and educate yourself on hiv and kindness non the less to the op I wish you the best of luck and to just continue taking care of yourself and taking your medication and talking with drs try to relax stress can affect that and if it happenes it happens i would suggest trying to gain more weight and as you stated you wanted some ideas add ensure or boost to your diet it will help calorie wise take a multivitimen once a day :heart:

22 Likes

Losing weight in the beginning of pregnancy is actually normal I’d wait a week or two and take another test! Also take ovulation tests to see when you’re ovulating good luck to you and your husband!

5 Likes

Well first you gotta figure out why you are throwing up. Something is up because that’s not normal. Maybe get checked again or try a different doctor.

Imagine coming to this thread and being a negative jerk and proving you’re ignorant and know nothing about HIV. :grimacing:

23 Likes

Certainly seeking medical advise from strangers on the internet - particularly given your comorbid condition - is not advisable. At all. Talk with your Ob/Gyn.

2 Likes

You could be pregnant just too early to detect ?

6 Likes

With dr consent, as you should always consult your dr when trying to conceive or change diet/supplements regardless of whether or not you’re hiv positive, start taking prenatal vitamins. I rely heavily on meal supplement drinks for protein too. They have helped me gain back a lot of weight I lost during this pregnancy. Third tri finally back to prepregnancy weight and fighting to stay their. There are a lot of options, talk to your dr and if you feel unsure about their consult then see another to get a second opinion, or third. Better safe than sorry since there is a lot of ignorance out there.

I’m not a medical professional in any sense so I’m just going to send good vibes & wish you well…even if you don’t have a child :relaxed: I know pregnancy is hard on my body in the beginning, I’ve had 3 miscarriages & 2 healthy babies. With every pregnancy I was so sick & had to have iv fluids/nutrition & lost a lot of weight. I have no physical medical issues. So maybe, like some others have said, get yourself as healthy as you can physically & try to do something for yourself mentally to relax (not saying you’re mentally ill) so you can be ready for what your body is going to go thru growing a baby. Again, good vibes & good luck! :heart:

2 Likes

You should speak to your health care provider or a walk in parents center . I’m fully aware HIV patients can have healthy babies but that’s a case by case and person by person scenario. Best of luck .

3 Likes

Have a heart dr check the lower part of your heart make sure Stomach is getting blood flow

People can be hateful blessing coming your way… One life to live live it to the fullest

1 Like

Please ignore the ignorant comments. Those of us who work in the medical field know HIV parents can give birth to babies who are HIV negative as long as they follow their Drs advice. Please make sure you are 100% healthy first. I know where I am there is a GI bug going around. It maybe you have caught that. Get yourself well. Follow the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast) drink lots of fluids to keep yourself hydrated and rest. Once you are back to feeling better and your dr states it’s ok then try again. Good luck to you!

16 Likes

I would definitely work with your Dr as a team. I know there are ways for a baby to be born without transmitting hiv to the baby. Sometimes the stress of trying is enough to make you sick.

1 Like

I would test in a few more weeks just with you saying your vomiting. But if you wanna gain weight I’d suggest starting with meats lots of calcium x

1 Like

Speak to your ID clinician about your symptoms. They can check your viral load and go from there. Also they can check if you are experiencing any DDIs on your current ART and switch you if necessary. Some ART is even associated with weight gain. Ask your clinician to give you a full MOT and a referral to a dietitian may also be possible.
Good luck :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Take folic helped me conceive within the month!!

3 Likes

I have nothing to add but I hope you feel better soon :heart:

1 Like

Ya know there’s always foster care & adoption?
All Children NEED love.
Ironically people who foster or adopt end up beating odds and get pregnant. IV always thought it’s the energy of having the love of/for a child that does it

12 Likes

All I said was it wasn’t a risk I’d personally take,and it is just that, a risk.And if she insists on having a child, she should stick to her doctors advice and not the advice of Facebook “ doctors “. Maybe some of you should consider brushing up on your reading comprehension skills because most of you seem to be lacking in that area.

10 Likes

Medicins to slow down HIV

1 Like

Prayers you get your baby, and are healthy as can be for a very long time

Why are you reproducing when you have a deadly disease??

36 Likes

You could be pregnant. My sister didn’t show positive even with blood work until I think it was a month and a half in. Her levels were low. And it happened with all 4 of her kids. Just how her body works. Try doing an other test over the next couple weeks.

1 Like

First of all I am sorry about the people acting like ass hats towards you. Talk to your doctor because you can most definitely carry a child safely without transmitting HIV

Prenatal vitamins can help if you are vitamin deficient. I tried for years then started taking them and conceived within 6 months. Might not be your issue, but couldn’t hurt to try.

2 Likes

a friend of mine is 28 and shes been HIV positive since birth. got married and had two beautiful HIV NEGATIVE daughters

26 Likes

Magic Johnson has had the virus since 1991 and he’s still thriving. It’s all about doing what the doctors tell you to do. Sending blessings :pray::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Have you talked to you doctor about it? Maybe taking a prenatal, drinking ensure drinks, ovulation checks, etc. Good luck!

1 Like

Id check your viral load if its 0 than it is non transmissable

3 Likes

As long as your hiv isn’t transmissible, then I would try for a baby. If it is transmissible, maybe look into adoption instead :slightly_smiling_face:

Your HIV is unique to you I’d suggest not giving it to your child :tada:

12 Likes

Mucinex D and lots of water

Maybe your symptoms have to do with you condition. Are you taking meds daily? Is your condition under control? You should speak to your doctor about this instead as he/she could give you the best advice . Xoxo

3 Likes

I’m hoping that you’re medicated for HIV. I hear that with regular treatment it can make your viral load undetectable therefore non transmissible. And have also weighed up the risks it will have on your future child…

Do you have regular periods etc? Both of you are good in terms of fertility? You can always ask the doc for something called letrazole (it forces ovulation can also result in multiple babies so just be fair warned) or it just may take time.

Some people are lucky enough to get pregnant at the drop of a hat… but the reality of others is it can take months to years to get pregnant. As for weight gain you want to talk to a dietician and get a proper meal plan that works for you.

4 Likes

The negitive comments on here break’s my heart, she didn’t ask about adoption, she didn’t ask if she could give her child HIV, she only asked what would help her. Hopefully this is something that she has already spoke to her doctor about when it comes to possible transmission.

I’m not in your shoes so I’m not qualified enough to give advice on your situation, all I can do is wish you the best :heart:

32 Likes

She didn’t ask about adoption. She asked about getting pregnant herself.
Some of you need to educate yourselves further on HIV.
With all the medical supports in place you can live a full and healthy life. You can get married, have babies, a fullfilling sex life. It is not the end of the world.

Stop with the judgement.

14 Likes

do not bother you with the uninformed comments… my sweetie all you have to do is keep healthy take your medication and have faith in god its difficult trying love but god will never foresakehis children i know how it feels waiting for your bundle of joy to show up… but all in gods time god bless and keep the faith with you in prayer soon dear

1 Like

I’m not saying this to be mean I’m just genuinely curious. Doesn’t HIV transfer to the baby ?

2 Likes

Would look at adoption or a surrogate!!

Same way you normally get pregnant; but you could possibly transfer the virus to both your husband and the child. May be better to adopt…and get the husband checked.

1 Like

Try ensure good luck don’t listen to the rude comments

3 Likes

I took eu natural conception vitamins. Got pregnant before I finished the bottle.

Consult with your doctor to see what they recommend, before trying.

2 Likes

Pray with your heart :heart::green_heart:

Also anyone talking about transmission I hope you’re aware that there are medications partners of those with HIV can take to avoid contracting it and it’s also not 100% that she will pass it to her child. It’s actually very unlikely to happen as they have different blood supplies

11 Likes

Once you stop trying so hard to force it, your stress levels will probably go down, and you will have an easier time. Happened for me.
Just have fun and stay positive :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
vitamins help, get prenatal, d3, and folic acid. You got this, and it will happen when you least expect it

6 Likes

I wouldn’t take this to the internet hun. People can be really cruel. Prayers and best of luck❤️

3 Likes

Talk to your doctor and to an OB/GYN,
I know that there’s medications that can make the virus almost undetectable, and that it’s possible to have a healthy sex life and even pregnancy with HIV.
Most people are not educated on the topic and you’re bound to get some judgments, don’t listen to them, talk to someone who actually knows what they’re talking about.

10 Likes

I know someone with HIV that recently had a kid, I wish I knew her well enough to ask for you. She definitely conceived naturally because she mentioned it being a surprise. It’s 2021, so I’ll assume you’re medicated. If your current viral load is undetectable, you shouldn’t have to worry about transmission. So as long as you have the anatomy and you’re still getting regular periods, I would say to just track your ovulation and try… But with your current symptoms and condition, I personally think that should take priority over conceiving at the moment. You want to make sure that you’re well enough to handle pregnancy right now. See a doctor and figure out what’s causing your current symptoms first. Good luck, love :two_hearts:

9 Likes

That’s something you should discuss with your Dr not a website. I doubt anyone is qualified to give you the correct answer…

8 Likes

DoTerra has some Ginger drops that can help with nausea.

1 Like

Don’t ask for advice on here because people are idiots. They’re have no heart to what it’s like to have a disease that can’t be cured. I don’t know how you contracted it, but good luck and I hope only the best for you. God Bless you!!!Prayers going your way…

6 Likes

You should wait a few days and go back and tell them you want a blood pregnancy test, could be too early to detect with urine. Good luck to you both😊

4 Likes

These comments are gross. You can still conceive and not pass it to baby. You can still have a clean partner. You can still live a normal life. The stigma against STI/STD’s is yuck :nauseated_face:

26 Likes

First, Give yourself a break. When you try to hard it want happen. See if you Dr will give you an antibiotic. Take that then have your husband stack pillows do missionary style and lay there 10 minutes after y’all are done.

And those saying hateful remarks about this woman being positive for for HIV is not a death sentence for that child the way medicine is today there is no excuse for y’all to be saying the ungodly hateful s*** you’re saying to this young lady you should be ashamed of yourselves

11 Likes

I am not sure if the medication you take to keep your viral load down has anything to do with fertility or not. I am assuming you are on the medication and your HIV is no longer detectable. Meaning the chances of passing it to the baby or your partner is next to nothing now. HIV treatment has come SO far compared to what it was years ago. Anyone saying to adopt or get a surrogate must not know this well enough. I work in the medical field. I would start tracking cycles, ovulation and all of that to better understand when you actually ovulate. However, if you are truly wanting to naturally conceive then your doctor and even Obgyn can tell you the actual risks you could face. I highly recommend making an appointment to just discuss the risks that could be associated to having a baby with HIV. Your doctor will tell you everything you need to know and that way you will be armed with the knowledge. I personally know woman who were exactly like you, who went on to have happy and healthy babies. WITH proper monitoring by their doctors. Your doctor would likely want to monitor you closer and keep and eye in levels in your blood. Good luck girl!

4 Likes

I have been HIV positive for 14 years and I have 4 healthy babies. My births were all natural, I kept on my meds, they upped the dose in 3rd trimester, and they give baby a gel around their eyes and such as they’re being born as well to prevent any transfer from mom to baby. However the chance of tranfer is only 1%-2%. Stay up on your daily vitamins, drink water, and all will be ok. :heart: Blood test for pregnancy at your doctors office, it will read the exact hormone levels. Best of luck to you and your husband on this journey.

14 Likes

And you’re making these hateful comments when is the last time you got an HIV test did you not know that that it can lay dormant in your body for 10 years you are not exempt none of you making hateful comments or not exempt from getting this your children can catch it be careful what you say cuz Karma comes back in all kinds of forms . How many of you have had unprotected sex I dare you point the f****** finger

7 Likes

You should absolutely ask your doctor. They should be the only person advising on this.
I do know that is possible to have a healthy baby. But talk to your doctor.

2 Likes

This is a question for the Drs, not us. Best of luck.

I got pregnant in the mid 90s and discovered I was positive. Back then I was asked to abort my baby because there would be a 5% that he would be boen “heathy”… I had my baby and he was born heathly. I had awesome doctors and took ALL my meds religiously. I was sick to my stomach most of the pregancy but I don’t regret a minute. Best 38 weeks of my life :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Some of the comments… wow. Bet the people with the awful comments are the first to support mental health and suicide.
No one knows or needs to know how or why you have HIV. This is a page for support and advice not criticism and judgement. This is whats wrong with humanity!
Either way i hope someone can help with you situation and can offer advice, all the best to yourself and your family x x x

11 Likes

I wouldn’t take that risk either. Wouldn’t want to infect my unborn child

2 Likes

Absolutely disgusting!! How can people speak on this when clearly from their comments, they have no idea.

Speak to your doctor, or go to an OB and see what they say. There are safe ways of doing this, especially if you’re losing weight, you want to make sure you are good and ready, and you guys will be in my prayers! :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you so much for opening this line of dialogue and communication. It seems many people need to take a moment to gather facts before speaking. I am sure you have heard every opinion from the ignorant people to the empathetic people…… so I’m not here to give mine. I am only here to say thank you for being so vulnerable. You may have reached so many people dealing with similar issues and now they don’t feel so alone. Thank you for your voice!

9 Likes

Some y’all are just so mean. This is why some of us refuse to ask anything because of.you.guys.

11 Likes

Just relax. Have fun. Dont make sex a job or a chore. I tried for 10 years and I finally gave up and boom got pregnant

2 Likes

Drink lots of water and get your full night of sleep. Start taking prenatals or folic acid and up your protein and calcium intake. Lots of leafy greens too. If you drink caffeine and alcohol try to cut some of that out of your diet, it helps. There is an app called ovia, its free and it helps you track your fertility cycles. Above all else try not to stress. Sending you well wishes and good luck on your journey to motherhood :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

The risk of even possibly giving birth to a child with a deadly disease and an immediate disadvantage in life/health is insane and selfish. There is always adoption, surrogates or fostering.

18 Likes

Idk how true it is or if it even works but ive heard of inserting a tampon before anything leaks out helps. (Tampons absorb so idk) I also heard inserting a menstrual cup as soon as he … Itd supposed to help keep semen close to the cervix. And try doggy style. Deeper means closer to the cervix. But remember to have fun.

There are safe ways to become pregnant with HIV. You have to make sure though your viral load is low. Maybe drink protein shakes with a banana mixed in.

1 Like

Having a terminal disease is hard on your body daily. Your body is constantly fighting for it’s own survival. I wouldn’t risk the health of myself or an unborn child. Adoption?

10 Likes

Woooo some of these comments are HATEFUL! Talk to your doctor/OB, sis. It’s very possible to have a healthy HIV NEGATIVE baby with your condition. Telling her to just not even try and that she’s being selfish woowwwww. Are y’all doctors? Didn’t think so.

32 Likes

Some ladies already said it best with talking to your Dr. First and foremost!
If your partner is HIV negative then I’m pretty sure that you can safely start AR Therapy and it reduces the risk of transmission by a huge amount.
Also maintaining any medicines postpartum for you and baby have even greater success rate!
No matter what best wishes to you and if you do become pregnant I truly hope for a happy healthy babe and Mommy! :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

I wasn’t going to comment… buttt… here I go!

First of all, she didn’t ask any of you ASSHOLES what your opinion was about her conceiving… she asked what she could eat to have a better chance of it! Unless you can comment on that, sit your asses down and STFU! She doesn’t want to adopt, have a surrogate, or anything else y’all think is “Safer”. Babygirl get with your doctor and see what you can do to better your chances, I wish you nothing but LOVE and HAPPINESS in your journey! Don’t listen to miserable people who think that their opinions matter! Oh, btw, I’m sorry for my choice of words.

I don’t have any strong advice but I’ll be rooting for you on the sidelines. Some of these woman are so ignorant, clueless, and gross. They are the ones who keep the stigma going. Science and medicine has come so far along since aids was discovered in the 80s. Take your meds, do what your dr says.

As for now trying to conceive, take a small break, get your weight back up and start some prenatal vitamins. You can have a healthy successful pregnancy. There is always a risk weather it’s HIV involved or not, so should we all stop having children…? Sadly things happen in utero, so why these people want to work you up with their closeted opinions is beyond me.

There has been so much positive advice in this thread. I truly hope you find the answers you are looking for :purple_heart:

14 Likes

hi! i’m a former infectious disease MA. make sure your viral load is under control and that you are on a proper regimen to conceive. talk to your doctor to inform them of your plan and they will guide you. if you have any questions, please feel free to message me privately. best of luck xo

32 Likes

Have another pregnancy test. When I went to the dr to see if I was pregnant it came back negative. I knew I was pregnant so went a week later and sure enough came back positive! Good luck!:grin:

3 Likes

I’d definitely discuss it with your doctor and OB/GYN I’m sure that they would be able to give you the best advice! Good luck!!

2 Likes

Why? It is not fair to your child. You are selfish

34 Likes

I don’t have much advice, but I stated in a comment above ^ " there’s MANY ways to lower the risk of passing it to the baby. In the United States, BEFORE effective treatment was available, about 25% of pregnant mothers with HIV passed the virus to their babies. Today, if you take HIV treatment, and have an undetectable viral load, your risk of passing HIV to your baby is less than 1% ! :slightly_smiling_face:"

Maybe look into a surrogate, or treatments to help. Goodluck on your journey :heart:

6 Likes

Some of you are so rude and ignorant. I bet the same people on here talkin’ that shit about “you’d never get pregnant or risk that and blah blah blah”… I’m willing to bet ya’ll are the same ones that pop xanax and down bottles of wine while caring for your kids or better yet have 15 baby daddies and feed your children chicken nuggets on repeat to save yourself time from having to cook or do dishes. And newsflash for you judging pricks; you can have a healthy baby while having HIV and there have been so many advancements with treatment. Like GTFO here with your holier than thou nonsense for real. Oh and one last thing; some of you probably have HIV and don’t even know it cause you lay down with anything that walks. It can lay dormant in your body for 10+ years before its even caught.

Man, yall crack me up. 1-2% risk of transmission. Do you bitch this much about someone with HSV2 getting pregnant? Or someone GBS+? Just curious. There’s risks in everything. Get educated bc half of yall look dumb af.

Talk to your doctor about the entire process.

Ma’am id still talk to ur doctor about this one if he or she is unprofessional about it switch doctors

2 Likes

Prayers to you and your family …

2 Likes

Opinions are like buttholes we all got one. No matter what anybody has said on this post, do you. People need to grow up do there research and quit being so hateful. Best of luck to you and I hope the best. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Protein shakes from Walmart

I know you’re not feeling good, and throwing up, but if you can manage it, start taking pre-natal vitamins now. If you don’t track your periods, start tracking them so you can know what part of your cycle you’re on. There are foods you can eat, if you can keep them down, that will help your body. Here’s some articles explaining the different foods you need during each part of your cycle. If you focus more on whole body health, body, and mind, fertility very likely will follow. Lots of water, elotrolites, and highly nutritious foods will probably be most helpful… again, if you can keep them down. Don’t beat yourself up if you can’t. Smoothies have been suggested. You can try that if it’s easier to keep down. I also recomend ginger in some form, or peppermint tea, if you haven’t tried it. I believe Mommy’s Bliss* makes a tea for nausea. It’s pregnancy safe. Here’s an article to start with.

*Edit: Not Mommy’s Bliss. I can’t remember the name of the tea company that made the tea I used while I was pregnant, and can’t find them on Google, however, Traditional Medicinals is an excellent tea company. I highly recommend their Ginger Aid tea for nausea. Picture in replies.

4 Likes

Get some high calorie shakes, drinks, and foods.
I used an app called glow to help me conceive, Even if you have irregular cycles it’ll help calculate the days you are most fertile.
Also, go to another doctor and get a second opinion.