How to get rid of roaches?

Combat roach gel. It gets rid of them so quick and if you reapply every 3 months you don’t get them again. Only 8 dollars a tube

1 Like

The best thing I used is the roach bait as well. But definitely mix it up with how you kill them. It takes it straight to nest and they all die . Make sure you read the label and find one that does that.

You can buy the same grade spray from exterminators that have retail spots. Like near me there is ehrlich and you can buy the concentrate from them. You could also order it from Amazon. Get that and a gallon spray jug and spray your place every 3 weeks. There’s also an additive you should use in it because they get accustomed to the spray and become immune to it. There is also the combat gel that goes in corners that works well. And put little cups of cinnamon in all of your cabinets. There’s something about it that they don’t like. I found a few in my house and went crazy with the spray and the gel and the cinnamon. I also used regular old roach motels all over and the sticky bait strips. All that together and they were gone.

If you’re in a rental than maybe it’s time for the owner to help. Otherwise sometimes a professional needs to handle it.

Pest control. It can still take a few months to get rid of them but it’s worth it

Everything in your kitchen needs to be put in bags and put outside. (Use paper plates/cups, plastic spoons/forks). Once everything is outside clean everything, all the cupboards and under you fridge and stove.

Do this to every room… Keep all clothes and toys in bags.

Clean out every closet and even the bathroom…

Once everything is bagged up… Buy some Ant/Roach killer borax/boric acid and put that down along every wall and countertop… Leave everything in bags for a week…

I had to help my aunt with this problem a few months ago and this is what we did… Roaches were gone within a month…

Although she does still put the ant and roach killer down around the walls to prevent them from coming back.

If you live in an apartment it won’t do you any good to spray. Every apartment will need to be treated

1 Like

Clean your house!! I work as a property manager and the only way you have constant roaches like this, your place is obviously dirty. I’m not trying to be rude but there’s something you’re not doing on your end as well. Clean your house, take your trash out, clean up and throw food away….!!

7 Likes

Sprinkle Borax around your base boards it well work

1 Like

Get some combat motels n some combat gel . Idk how good it will work but it got rid of my friends. She had clothes brought in from someone n started to have roaches.

Pest guy can spray them. Might take a couple goes

Pest control nothing else will fix it nothing I literally moved out of my house and back in again!
An they still didn’t go !
Best 200$ I ever spent!!

2 Likes

I use Combat roach motels! Do not leave anything out for them to eat! Always wipe your surfaces with Clorox wipes or some kind of cleaning spray! Do this daily! Mop your floors with disinfectant and put Clorox in it! Use a mask since you are pregnant! This is a sure thing because they will have nothing to get into and will go to those baits and eat and bring to their nest in the walls and kill everything! It might take a few months but it will get the job done!

1 Like

Deep cleaning, emptying everything out then bombing… thats what it took for me. But I also didn’t have them that bad and noticed them before I moved in.

Combat roach gel around all water sources in the house.

1 Like

You need an exterminator to come out, you also need to disinfect and clear out your living space because the eggs are the problem 99.9% of the time. If you don’t get rid of the eggs you can’t get rid of the roaches :heart:

Please be careful with pesticides while pregnant. Try keeping any crumbs always cleaned up and all food stored well in air right containers. Try making it impossible for them to have a food source and I would contact a reputable exterminator and your OBGYN about your options

1 Like

Don’t waste time and get you some of this. This really works. I’d never had roaches until I got new neighbors. I tried all the crap in Walmart nothing worked. I researched and ordered this.

2 Likes

At this point, nothing will help except calling a professional like Orkin. Don’t waste any more money on doing it yourself.

This stuff right here! Works better than any exterminator! It stinks so bad but you just sprinkle a little in the very back corners of all your cabinets and around heat sources like behind your fridge and in every room where you see them. It’s a powder. Just make sure to put it where no animals or kids can get to it. It works wonders! I know people who’ve had really bad infestations and it completely got rid of them! You can get it at a lot of hardware stores or you might can order it online. If you have a really bad infestation, plan to stay somewhere else for a couple days and spread it all over your counter tops and kitchen floor and put it out in your cabinets before you leave. Then when you get back, sweep/clean all of the exposed stuff up but leave it in the backs of the cabinets.

Call an exterminator ASAP because cockroaches carry lots of diseases and allergens. Plus I would want it sprayed before baby is old enough to crawl around and possibly touch the pesticides. Best of luck! :purple_heart:

I also used this in conjunction.

Hire an exterminator

1 Like

My grandmother’s neighbor had them real bad and I didn’t think anything would work but pest control… Well I seen it for myself… as long as you do this a couple times a month it works … And that a 6.97$ (RAID GEL) they used 3 tubes a month and it worked… once the roach eats it it takes it back to the nest. It truly works and not sure what the difference is bit the combat didn’t do as well… so Remember RAID GEL

4 Likes

Call an exterminator

If they are everywhere and you can see them during the day then you have a serious infestation. You need to call an exterminator

1 Like

Pyrethrin works its on amazon. It kills just about any pest. Make sure its VERY well ventilated seeing how you’re pregnant and a mask. Directions are on the bottle. If that doesn’t work orkin is probably your best bet.

It is possible to get rid of them without an exterminator. Use the gel the others are recommending. We moved in to a house with them once. They were gone in about a month. I’d keep using the gel for a couple months to make sure they’re gone though

1 Like

We bought a liquid at tractor supply called Tempo. We put it in a sprayer and mixed it for severe infestation. We sprayed a whole mobile home and dead roaches fell out of the woodwork. Never found another love bug. No Ill effects. The bottle is small and pricey but it works

2 Likes

Food grade diatomaceous earth.
Ortho home defense.
DEEP clean. Get rid of torn furniture. Unfortunately, may need to get rid of TVs because I don’t know if there’s a safe way to treat those. Dont let dishes sit in the sink, and keep everything dry. If you’re in PA, local to Harrisburg I know a good priced bug guy. He’s awesome.

Diatomaceous Earth kills roaches without being super toxic. It worked the best for my parents and killed them and they never came back.

2 Likes

So I had some nast pok move in to the house in front of myn and when they got kicked out and the maintenance man went in and bombed and pulled the carpet and floors up they all ran to my house!! I cleaned my entire house top to bottom I bombed my house like 2 bombs in every room and 4 underneath the house left the house shut with the bombs in for 12 hours then my husband came back and aired the house out and cleaned all the surfaces and put Diatomaceous earth down in the carpets and under and in all the cabinets we did this 4 times and it still didnt kill all of them I had enough and ordered some stuff off Amazon it’s a gel that you put in all the corners of the walls and cabinets and some bait traps in the same brand and that killed like 99% of them bc I didnt see any till the other day and now I’m about to have my uncle just come out and spray and make my landlord pay for it. I have never in my entire life had bugs and I wouldn’t have them if they would have did the house in front of myn right and then sprayed around my house to prevent them from running from one house to the next!!

1 Like

Ortho fire ant killer!! We use it and it works! The trailer we live in had them bad from the previous tenants. My mom laid it out before we moved in and 2 weeks later they were dying off. A month later they’re gone and it keeps out other bugs like spiders, fleas, etc. we treat the outside too since we live in a park and when one person bombs they scatter to the next house. We’ve been here 2 years and the only issue we had have been ants in the kids bathroom (literally the only window we forgot because it’s so high up lol)

We have been using surrender for the past few years and love it

1 Like

Is she in a house or apartment? I have a clean apartment but they come from inside the walls from the other units so I feel like this is important to know.

2 Likes

Call an exterminator. Trust me. You will waste so much time and money trying to get rid of them, but unless you have a pest management license, you won’t be able to get the right stuff to get rid of them. I work for a pest control company.

1 Like

I got orkin and it was only $195 for the first visit and spray and then $48 a month after that. Totally worth it! They will be bad at first because they are all running to the bait, but after that, they were gone. I totally recommend

The gel stuff but put it everywhere even in your outlets and light switches. Best. Crap. Ever.

2 Likes

It’s very hard to get rid of them I lived that nasty life for a year because no matter what we did they just wouldn’t die ( we lived in an apartment building) we moved and started all over from scratch if that isn’t an option then my advice would be persistence every night shut the lights out lay out some wet cat food attract them f**kers to it and just spray some good roach killer get rid of everything cardboard and appliances and start fresh

Buy some Roach Motels at a hardware store. Set one or two in each room. As the ad used to say, they check in but they don’t check out.

Are they regular roaches or German cockroaches?

Move out but make sure they’re not in your stuff. Wash everything. You don’t want any pesticides when pregnant or around a newborn. They are extremely harmful to babies.

1 Like

Mix borax with sugar and flour…make small balls and put them through out the house…

Bridget Matthews Robertson

Red ant killer and sugar. Will smell like rotten milk but works like a charm.

Boric acid with peanut butter

!!! I swear by this. We lived in a apartment, with a nasty guy behind behind us. We couldn’t hire e exterminator because we’d have to pay for the entire building. The apartment exterminators literally did nothing! We put this in the cabinets under trim in the carpets and behind all machines and anything that carried warmth like the internet box. I also had them so bad in my car because I had them in the apartment. I swear by this stuff!

Find some place to stay for a day or two and bomb your apartment. There are so many treatments for roaches. But when you come back open the windows amd leave for a while again so you don’t inhale the fumes

I had them 8 years ago when I bought my house. Boric acid was the only thing that worked. I dusted it all over my counters and floors every night and cleaned it up the next morning. I pulled out all appliances, like the stove and refrigerator, microwave and put a border around all of them as well. Slowly by keeping this up they started dropping like flies. You have to keep up all food scrapes and trash the best you can as well.

1 Like

Amazon has something, I think it’s called avict . It works wonderfully…

1 Like

Get some Combat Roach Killer and put it every where it helps you can get it at walmart

Diatomaceous Earth powder sprinkle that stuff every where. You can buy it at Home Depot/Lowes its located on the chemical wall in a bag less then $10.

1 Like

For everyone saying move and is the house clean…shame on you! Bomb the house and put roach gel out. Don’t leave food out and put bleach in you drains. I live in the forest and my home is spotless. I still get them from time to time. It’s normal.

1 Like

Roaches don’t come
From being dirty unless ur house is a mess and shit thrown all over the place… obviously they are coming from somewhere, call and exterminator and have him treat the apt.

Talstar insecticide spray. It kills everything and keep them away for 6 months. I highly recommend. I live in an apartment building and my neighbors 2 doors down where nasty and had the entire building infested. I bought this and with in a week I saw no more roaches. I shared it with my neighbor right next door ( between nasty neighbor and my self) and she had no more roach after a week. We even spray out side to keep ants and other bugs away. We spray every 6 months and never have a single bug in our apartments. Even when the nasty neighbors got kicked out and they had to gut her apartment and throw out all the appliances the infestation was so bad.

You need an exterminator and you can’t be in there with a newborn if there are roaches. You also shouldn’t be there while you’re pregnant. You’re at risk of becoming very ill.

2 Likes

Call. A pest control company

1 Like

Exterminator. It’s expensive but definitely worth it.

1 Like

Idk. But my heart breaks for you.

Boric acid along the walls, any nests and underneath appliances. It toxic so keep it away from food & drink, kids and pets but it works- within a few weeks tops you can go from infestation to rarely seeing a random one. In addition Get the tubes of the peanut butter type bait and use that along the tops and bottoms of all walls. Get rid of all cardboard in the house, and keep sinks & tubs clean and dry. Use silicone caulk and fill any holes or seams along the walls and ceiling that they can use for traveling and keep the outlets closed with covers.

We were evicted from a suburb of Cleveland midpandemic due to reporting unsafe and unsanitary living conditions in our home. Due to this even finding a place to rent was near impossible and myself, my husband and our 2 girls were homeless for 3 months from june-aug. The only place we were finally offered we took and it was for sure something i probably wouldn’t even have considered a year ago but I knew we couldn’t go on the way we were so we decided to make the best of it and just do what we could to MAKE it home. The house had/has roaches and that’s something I never lived with or dealt with before and wasn’t willing to live with now. I knew from my last house that the sprays from the stores didn’t work all that well…it wasn’t roaches but we were never able to be rid of the issue there so we sought alternate routes and though it was expensive, we decided to just pay, out of pocket completely, to have the first treatment done by an exterminator. It was about $300 though​:grimacing::flushed: It would’ve been nice to have the landlord cover even some of it but we were not in a position to be picky or complaining so when it wasn’t offered we just let it go​:woman_shrugging: But it would be so damn expensive to have them continually come out and your first treatment is only guaranteed for 90 days. They ended up explaining to us exactly how, where and why to spray our house ourselves and we bought the chemicals from them for about $27. If you have pets you do need to make sure it dries COMPLETELY before allowing them back into the space (and obviously kids but you really shouldn’t have anyone in the home for about 2 hours after spraying as well as the time it takes to spray anyway.) Honestly though knowing what we know now i wish we would’ve just done the original treatment ourselves as well and saved that money. The spray bottle as well as enough treatment to last over a year would’ve been less than $100 and we’ve now been here since August, we are a double unit and the down was only sprayed the initial treatment and oncein between tenants when I cleaned it, though I have offered every tenant to move in for us to do it, they refuse and I can’t force them to let us and I guess some ppl are just fine with living a certain way so what can I do really??? But because of this, I do know they are still at least somewhat active here, which sucks for us but so far the spray has kept them from coming into the up unit and we’ve only spotted 1 one time in the basement as we treat that every 30 days or so as well. I say all this so that you can understand that with consistency and perseverance on your end it is absolutely doable to alleviate this issue on your own and at an affordable price point though! The “just move” comments are really so ignorant and unempathetic and y’all should be ashamed of yourselves​:rage: If you don’t have any REAL advice to offer and what you’re saying is just not helpful then why tf even comment​:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: I wish you good luck sweetheart and if you’d like to ask anything about the process you’re welcome to message :blush: For us it was fr the very first company we called that offered the “do it yourself” version and they even walk you through exactly where to spray, how to do it properly, why certain areas are so important and the like safety of the chemicals for yourself and your family so I really think it should be easy enough to find wherever you are and if a company you call doesn’t offer this they just call around a bit more until you find someone that does! Just to throw it out there though, we used Speedy Exterminating in Cleveland OH and I’m confident they could even ship the chemical to you and the spray bottle can be purchased at any home improvement type store and probably even wal-mart or something equivalent. You got this love :muscle:

The gel works wonders

You need to treat the dirt outside and your drains. Don’t leave your countertops with any kind of open food. Sweep real good at night.

You will need to take EVERYTHING out of your cabinets and have someone spray.

I keep the ultra sound plug in it keep roachds.sljders mouse rats. Etc away

Do you have pine walls in your home? When me and my husband first got married we rented a home with pine walls throughout nearly the entire home. It didn’t matter how much we cleaned or bug bombed we couldn’t get rid of them. It was so embarrassing because they were those HUGE ones that were completely visible when we had company. It didn’t help we had very nasty neighbors like… omg. They lived there my entire life just about (I grew up in the neighborhood we were living in) and one day they moved. There was a dude going through the house after they moved. It was just job to go in and view the home or whatever. There were so many fleas in the house they covered the man’s shoes and they got in our yard so our dogs would get them really bad when they went outside to use the bathroom. We moved and haven’t had problems since. It took months for all of the bugs in those peoples house to come out. But the roach issue was something that came with the house. When I got pregnant we moved. You can continue to try what you can because I understand it’s expensive to move but if you can’t get rid of them and worry it’s going to be a danger to your baby then I’d move. If you can’t move I’d get an exterminator to come out and help you get rid of them. I hope you can figure something out! :heart:

Advion cockroach gel on Amazon worked great for me

Best stuff ever. Only thing we’ve ever found that works.

1 Like

So sorry you have to deal with that. I would move if it’s in an apartment complex. I know people who have had roaches crawl in their ears.

1 Like

Bengal roach gel and you have to keep dishes out the sink w/ a clean dry sink every night. No trash in the can. No food or drinks left in your room overnight. Put the gel by sockets, cracks floor boards where you see them. Works just as good as paying an exterminator. Now does anyone know how to get rid of mosquitoes out the yard. They are horrible where I live. No standing water left used different controls in the yard they are everywhere nothing’s working. Soon as you open the door there in the house and my babies seem like the only ones getting bit.

I worked for a company before. All’s they use is this advion gel AND the pic I included. and Use a 1 tube every 2 months. If you have a big place use 2 tubes , mostly in kitchen and bathrooms put a few discs around the house (for babie bugs)
Do NOT use bombs and boric acid they don’t work and boric is dangerous

If you rent it is the landlords responsibility to get rid of any pests.

2 Likes

Lucky it’s only roaches and not mice :mouse:

Amazon has a product called advion. Get some. It’s amazing. There’s some YouTube vids about it, it’s pretty crazy

Honestly just call an exterminator. Not a big Corp like orkin, but a small one in your area. I held off on calling for a while thinking we couldn’t afford it, but was pleasantly surprised it was $129 to start and $55 for each additional treatment.

1 Like

Pest control then put sticky tape along wherever they are coming from. Also buy all new appliances like microwave toaster kettle! My partner and I moved into a house that was riddled in them, we did all these things and have not had a problem since.

1 Like

If you ever want to personally send me a message ill let you.know What my husband. That turned out to be amazing. 8643617311

If you are renting
Landlord is responsible to have a pest guys come in

2 Likes

Boric acid work wonders safe around d kids and pets I had 4 dogs at my old place and we had a few issues cleared it up rather quick

1 Like

Mix peanut butter and borax and set it out , they will eat it and take it to the nest and kill the others off too

1 Like

Combat gel… it works… also spray raid kills on contact shit right into the back of any electronic u have- microwave, tv, computer if it’s the old school desktop kind, carbon monoxide detector, stove, washer, dryer, fridge, whatever… dont use it right away either … and bomb ur attic and crawlspace if u have them- and throw one in ur vent /ductwork too… I single handedly exterminated roaches when we recieved a box tv from a “friend” we never wanted in the first place lol…

Okay I know this say ant killer but trust me it’s works great for roaches. It completely gets rid of them and it keeps them away.

3 Likes

You may have to call in the professionals.

4 Likes

We use to have roaches real bad and I made two little mixtures. One was Boric Acid, flour and maple syrup; the other was peanut butter instead of the syrup. You need to mix it outside, don’t breathe it in. Once it’s a thick paste, unscrew every single light and fixture cover and put a little dollop inside, screw the cover back on. Also put this behind the fridge, stove, inside the cabinets, behind the washer, on top of door jams, etc. literally put it anywhete and everywhere that pets and children can’t get to. It is extremely tedious, but it will help a ton. They’ll start dying fast. After about a month, scrape out the mixture and make more and do it again.

The biggest thing with this is that when they eat it they die very quickly, and roaches will eat the dead roaches that are the poison and then they will also die. Do this and Eliminate any and every other food source.

If this doesn’t kill them all, you would have at least killed a huge part of their population, keep doing this and eventually call an exterminator if you still have them after like 4 months.

Call in pest control or find a new place to live. Child services can be called on you for letting your child live in a roach infested home.

When you’ve tried it all. You use this.

4 Likes

My advice!

Be very very careful with this!

I would move if that’s an option!

I use to rent out apartments for a moving that were infested and it’s almost impossible to get rid of them!

Also . Where my mother lived when I was a baby was infested! They use to spray Allllll the time and because of that my mother and my Brother are very very sick adults. Ever since they lived there. They both have ashma and other more severe lung issues! And they all started once they lived at a university residence that sprayed all the time!

Combat Roach gel is fantastic ! Get it in the big syringe.The plastic ones don’t have much gel in them.I make my own bait holders out of food storage containers.Keep out of reach of kids & pets.

2 Likes

Boric acid powder mix in a water. Sprayed in hidden places. Be careful coz it is toxic to human and pets too. Especially you are preggy, let someone to it for you and avoid inhalation.

3 Likes

Oh my god years ago when I was renting we had roaches galore. Buy you some home defense spray your entire house including attic and crawl space and all around the out side as well. Then buy you some of those combat roach bait traps not the gold to black ones place them everywhere under appliances sinks. I put 8 in my kitchen and 2 in each bathroom. Nvr seen another roach after a week.

4 Likes

I don’t know if they sell it anymore but I used raid with egg stopper, a roach only lives a week and this sterilize them, we had the little German roaches growing up, I’m telling you it works

2 Likes

After my dad died and I was cleaning out his place I found out he had them bad so I sprinkled food grade diatomaceous earth all over the floor and counters (its suppose to dehydrate anything that goes through it plus it people and pet safe) and the landlord used some gel stuff down I’m guessing he got rid of them cause he rented the place. You will want to make sure you clean your vacuum filters a lot when vacuuming up after a week and you might want to put more down weekly so any that come in after you get rid of what is in your place it will kill them before it gets bad again. I used it for fleas inside and even sprinkled some along our windows inside and out and it worked really well for prevention

Orthene. If you can’t find it in bug spray you can get fire ant killer with orthene and sprinkle around the baseboards. You will have to leave for a couple days. Have someone sweep the house out and air it out before you return. There will be no more roaches. Do not do this yourself if you are pregnant. Use a face mask. Do not use if unable to leave for a few days. Do not leave pets with chemicals. If these aren’t options call an exterminator.

Roaches are difficult because they also get into electronics like microwaves and games systems. They can also infest furniture. I would 100% call a pest control company.

And whatever you do, don’t squish them! The females hide their eggs under their wings, and if you squish them the eggs will stick to whatever you used and still hatch. Some eggs will fall off at other places.

My neighbor had a roommate move in and she came with roaches.
A product called Combat Roach Motels got rid of them all.

1 Like

Bengal roach spray. It’s pricey but works great. It sterilizes the roaches so they can’t reproduce.

3 Likes

Years ago my niece had them bad they bought something in a tube sorta like coring they put a foot length in the line of cabinets an etc foot skip a foot then keep repeating they got rid of them a

1 Like

We get palmetto bugs because all of the pine trees around and we have an exterminator come out every 3 months for only $70. Keeps them away. Totally worth it :ok_hand:

1 Like

Sprinkle DE around the outside of your home and across doorways. Do seek help from an exterminator, but they are bad this year. They are not the gross interior roaches. These start outside and come in when it gets warm. Roaches are nasty, but that doesn’t mean you are!! :worried:

2 Likes

Awhile back I lived in a roach infested apartment. I sealed every hole in the wall and sprinkled boric acid under everything. Oh ya I poured it in the walls before I sealed them. Then I went and got mothballs cracked a couple in half put them under the stove under the refrigerator and in the cabinets in the bathroom. Dont put to many because then you walking around smelling like it but it worked they left and I did it until I saved enough to get out there.

1 Like

Get u some fire ant dust an sprinkler around ur walls an every where it really works I done mine like that an it really works