How to heat babys bottle?

We have used the microwave forever it never killed any kid! Be smart! Just don’t microwave breast milk that does kill the nutrients in milk!

I just do room temperature if formula or chilled if breast milk from fridge. You can give cold, room temp, or heated and my baby doesn’t care which

I used room temp bottled waters, if it was cold inside id set the waters in the garage or somewhere that stayed warm.

They make bottle warmers!

1 Like

For formula we bought the formula ready water pot on Amazon. Best purchase ever!! It can boil (sanitize) water and then holds the water at the temperature you set it too (recommended 105 degrees) and it keeps it at that temperature so it’s ready all the time! Takes 2 minutes to have the perfect temp bottle!

You can purchase a bottle warmer at target- or buy buy baby! It just heats formula/milk more evenly. I swore by it!

I never heated my kids up (4 kids). They were all room temperature.

I always warmed mine up on the stove in water.

1 Like

Use room temperature bottled water

1 Like

I put the bottle in warm water in a bowl to warm up so it doesn’t get hot spots. The microwave takes away nutrients and can leave hot spots.

1 Like

I never heated. Just used room temperature water.

1 Like

I always did room temp. Sometimes I’d warm. My mom get mad at me for using room temp lol my cousin heats up baby’s water on the stove

Heat water in mirowave
Take out set baby bottle in it

Use warm water from the start for a formula bottle breast milk warm in a pot or a bowl whatever of hot hotter breast milk is delicate and the microwave damages it

I’d run it under hot water

1 Like

We always used room temp water I tried heating them just at night with a bottle warmer best thing ever btw just to help fill my son
But honest room temp water will save you when doing formula because when your out and about and it’s time for feeding you will have trouble finding ways to warm it

I had a bottle warmer with my first. My second I don’t heat bottles.

No microwave. I don’t even use a microwave to heat my food.
Pot of water or room temp.

I put a large coffee cup half full of water in the microwave to get the water hot then took it out sat the bottle in it until it was the temp I wanted it this way the milk isn’t bring microwaved

I give mine theirs warm if made fresh (room temp) or straight from fridge. Microwave kills things in the milk, heats unevenly which can cause hot spots that will burn baby’s mouth. Not to mention the radiation.

Microwaved it then shook it real good for 30 seconds or so just encase it didn’t heat evenly.

2 Likes

I bought a bottle warmer. Because I exclusively pumped when it came out of the fridge. When it was fresh I gave as was.

We never heated them.

Most took it room temperature. 2 didn’t. I microwaved water and put the bottle in the hot water. Never the microwave. Then I got a bottle warmer. I loved it.

I used a bottle warmer for all 3 of mine :smiling_face:

Definitely not microwave. I used bottle warmer but not for long. I work at a daycare and we have a couple of babies that drink their milk from the fridge. You have no idea how easy it is plus if you are out and about your life will be much easier. If I had another kid I would do just that.

I would put my bottles in a bowl or pot of warm water, but most of the time I would heat my daughter’s milk on the stove

I never heated if you just give room temp that’s all they’ll know so :person_shrugging: it’s alot more simple that way.

The only time i warmed the bottle is when they started drinking real milk. Put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds for an 8 oz bottle. ALWAYS test the bottle first.

Someone bought my daughter a formula heater kinda like a keurig but for baby formula. They are expensive. Maybe try shopping online for resale and you might can find it cheaper. I’m 64 and we used the microwave. My kids are 30 and almost 32. Always ask your pediatrician. You might can buy a bottle warmer cheaper.

I always warmed my babies milk

I had a bottle warmer

I used to boil kettle and poured enough in mug put baby bottle in mug gave it 3mins took it out and shook it tested it to see if it was blood warm if it was that is fine for baby to drink

2 Likes

I never heated them, just used room temp water

I microwaved the water. The big concern for microwaving it is that there could be “hot spots” where the water is much hotter. If you microwave it 5-10 seconds at a time, check inbetween those and shake the bottle theres no hot spots and you can get a nice warm even temp. I would do it for a total of maybe 20-30 seconds which when its 3am and baby is screaming is much better than the 5-10 min of a bottle warmer.

I used room temperature water. Or put it in a cup of hot water for a few minutes to get the chill out. But that’s when they were newborn/really little. As they got older, they got used to cold milk from the fridge.

2 Likes

There’s countertop devices for warming bottles. Or you can boil water in a kettle and put it in a big mug or pot and then add the bottle to the hot water. Shake the bottle well before testing and feeding.
That’s what I did since I haven’t owned a microwave since 2012.

I never heated them….room temperature water that way if we are ever out or in a bind, they don’t need to warmed.

Just use warm water?? Lmfao why heat it up if the water can come warm and ready?

I microwaved formula. Just make sure to shake it well so there are no hot spots. Never microwave breast milk, it has to be warmed differently. I always ran it under hot water til it was room temp.

1 Like

I used to heat a pan and pour half to let it warm then mix with the other half in the bottle😊 that’s the only way I could get it quick and warm without worrying if it was too hot

I used powdered formula and made bottles as needed. Warm tap water works great

I used a keurig to get a hot cup of water and set the bottle in it for a few seconds

I used just warm tap depending where I was out and about I used baby water

Bottle warmer? I have the dr browns bottle warmer - 3 minutes for 6oz.

Also now that he’s getting older microwave and shake super well to make sure no hot spot.

1 Like

No microwaving. I used an electric kettle from Amazon. You can set the temperature and it warms up in like 45 seconds. And you can just leave it on the set temp.

Hot water in a cup, place the bottle with milk in it in a cup! Make sure to swirl the milk to avoid hot spots

1 Like

Boiling water if you want to heat them but some babies if they get used to warm bottles then they will start not taking cold/unwarmed bottles and it’s kind of a pain because you won’t always be somewhere where you can heat up the bottle. With my last two babies I never heated their bottles up.

I would carry a thermos and normal water bottle for formula. I’d boil water and put it in the thermos. Id put half of water needed and put the rest from the waterbottle.

I microwaved for both my kids.

I microwave the water for 2 min in a big enough mug or small bowl, took it out, put the bottle in, squirreled it around a few seconds and left it for 1 min to warm. That was refrigerated breast milk

Warm water from the tap, quick n easy

2 Likes

We used concentrate formula, so it was liquid in a can kept in the fridge. We would microwave JUST the water until warm, then add the cold formula from the fridge, swirl it, then serve. (We knew how long to microwave depending on the size of the bottle)

We used a bottle warmer for the first 15 months. It took forever to get him to drink it cold so maybe skip the warming and try room temp so it’s not a struggle when they get older

Microwaving or putting it in a bowl of hot water to warm it up it’s fine. If you use powder formula room temperature for water is fine.

We used bottle warmer

Make a bowl of hot water and sit the bottle in the hot water.

1 Like

I microwaved just the water for 30 seconds then mixed in the formula. Never had an issue and baby loved it.

2 Likes

I use to boil water in a measuring cup, then let the bottle sit in there for a few mins

Bottle warmers are easiest.

I don’t know about formula but if it’s breastmilk, never ever put breastmilk in a microwave

Yes in a pot of water or they make bottle warmers. It doesn’t take long if you start it 10 mins before feeding time lol. Microwaving it is extremely dangerous. Not worth the “conscience”.

I just used my electric kettle cuz it’s super fast. Dumped the water into a pot and let the bottle sit for a few mins.

small jug or bowl with hot water in it.

It’s ok to microwave it just make sure you shake it up real well and check it on your wrist to make sure it’s not too hot. The only reason they say not to is because it doesn’t warm evenly.

2 Likes

bowl of really hot water or a bottle warmer. bottle warmers work great and only take about 15 to 30 secs

When my son was an infant I used a bottle warmer.
He is now 9 mos old and refuse a bottle if it is warmer. He wants a cold bottle right out of the fridge

1 Like

Run the bottle under hot water for 3-5 mins

My kids always wanted cold bottles. But before I knew that I would warm in microwave. Just shake it really good and test on your wrist to make sure it’s not to hot. Or I would even open the bottle and stick my pinky in cause I was paranoid. But after the first few bottles they wanted them cold so I didn’t have to worry about it

If you have a keurig, use a measuring cup and fill it with just hot water from the Keurig. Then put the bottle in the water to warm it.

Get a hot water kettle and heat up the water and throughout the day it’ll still be warm plus water then is boiled

In a bowl of warm water or you can buy a bottle warmer, some are fairly inexpensive.

Honestly it depends on your kids. I bought a baby warmer and then just got to the point where I used room temp water and it was fine. Baby just wanted food not special temperature. On the stove would be great but does take a while you gotta find what works for you.

I always put it in a bowl of hot tap water …by the time the diaper change was done it is the perfect temp

Microwave, it’s only a few seconds :roll_eyes: and make sure you shake it good and test it to make sure it’s not too hot. The little breast pump bottles with breast milk, i would put them between my boobs and in like 2 or 3 min it would be warm :rofl:

I always used the microwave or my baby bottle warmer

DO NOT USE THE MICROWAVE… it breaks down the milk (less nutrients)

You can put water in the microwave and heat that, remove & put the bottle in that. Check about every 30 seconds or so. Remove, shake & drip some on your wrist until it’s just right

Cup of hot water… put the bottle in it for a few.

I would put warm water in a contingo which keeps liquids warm for hours and bring it with me upstairs and normally it would work. With my first I always heated it on the stove then switched to putting it in the contingo cup but with my second I have just been using room temp water bottles

I didn’t they just drank it cold no issues

I always used the microwave. And if you’re using formula mix it with room temperature water then you don’t need to warm it up

Put hot water in a bowl or cup that’s wide enough for bottle and leave it for a few minutes , don’t microwave the bottle, but the water you can so it’s hot when you put the bottle in

Just use the microwave… like normal mother’s :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t2: or if your so keen on what ppl think, put water in a cup heat it up IN THE MICROWAVE then use it…

1 Like

Boil water and take off stove and put the bottle in the boiled water

2 Likes

My daughter just had a baby a year ago she started out boiling water then she ended up putting a cup of water in the microwave for two minutes then put the bottle in the cup til it was warm

Microwave the water in a bowl stir it so heat evens out then dip the bottle in that bowl of water is what worked for me.

1 Like

I only heated my first child’s bottle. The next 3 kids I never ever did it.

4 Likes

I just did cold bottles

What I did was run my breast milk bags under hot water seriously the quickest way ever

2 Likes

I had no time for boiling water and waiting for the bottle to heat up . I just heated the water up in the microwave… then added the formula…and shook like crazy to eliminate any hotspots… :woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

I always used warm-hot water from the tap

2 Likes

I never heated my sons bottle… just used room temperature water. I always thought what if I’m out somewhere and have no way to heat it up and then he won’t take it because it’s not warm :woman_shrugging:t2: also why create a whole extra step for yourself… idk

1 Like

Boil water in a pan then let the bottle sit in there and fee test it with your wrist, that’s how I did both my sons

If your in the petawawa area, I have a bottle warmer I’d love to pass onto a family in need :blush:

Before our bottle warmer we always ran hot tap water over the bottle or just had the kettle on stand by, would boil a pot then fill a cup/bowl and leave the bottle in it for afew minutes :blush:

1 Like

I’ve used the pot of water method but I’ve also used a bottle warmer. It’s just big enough for a :baby_bottle: and you don’t put a lot of water in it.

1 Like

NOT in the microwave. It heats it unevenly and is more likely to burn the baby. Also, it destroys nutrients in breast milk if it’s being reheated in the microwave.

1 Like

1st - boiled water and put bottle in there
2nd - 4th - warm water from tap or room temperature

I did it on the stove with all 4 of mine

I used room temp bottled water for all 4 of mine

2 Likes