How to move past cheating in a relationship?

My husband and I have been together for 7 years. But if he cheated on me I would NEVER trust him again. That’s a hard no for me in a relationship.

1 Like

It’s never wrong to feel the way you do. I was in that situation and we were living with his friends gf and I was pregnant at the time and found out 5 months later. They claim he never did anything and they ended up talking. It’s really hard to forgive someone who does that especially when you are carrying their child. We are still together but trust isn’t completely back… now you can tell him you need to think about what’s going on And ask him how he would feel if it were the other way around

I would not stay with someone who not only cheated on me, but knocked someone else up! He’s the problem. You’re not. I honestly would leave him. He is a pathetic piece of shit.

Dude sounds like a fucking loser, stop teaching your daughter that it’s ok to be a doormat.

Walk away. Once a cheater, always a cheater. He didn’t respect you enough to be faithful, cheated and got someone else pregnant after you gave birth to his child. If it were me I would walk away. My oldest is 15, I left her father when I was 10 weeks pregnant because he cheated. Then he was mad when he got the other one pregnant at the same time and I wouldn’t take him back. They don’t change. He then married the other woman and proceeded to have 4 children with her and at the same time 3 other children with women outside his marriage.

You never should have went back. You should have just kept moving forward with your life and left him behind. Father of your child or not he clearly disregarded any feelings you have for what he has done. And if he bounced back to you what makes you think he won’t bounce back to the other woman when things go bad with your relationship again? Do yourself and that child a favor and run. You’ll find a good man one day. One who won’t cheat on you.

2 Likes

Nope your not i woulda left the second i fou dnout he had cheates thats a no go in my book

1 Like

If you can’t get past it, you shouldn’t be forced to stay. Follow your instincts. If they say to leave it and go, then do it for you and your child. Not because he makes you feel guilty.

2 Likes

I would definitely kick his ass out. For him to do all that, how did you take him back girl? No way in hell I would. I understand if you wanted him in the picture for your child’s sake, but you should let him go. Go to court and work out some type of custody. If he is blaming you for being upset about all of this, he is definitely not worth it and his penis needs to get cut off.lol.

1st off if your not married then go so much easier, 2nd he may be a great person and father but once a cheater always a cheater,3rd if he has hit the other person what makes you think he’s not going to do you the same, 4th so in all actuallity you was only in a relationship for 2 yrs cause he was cheating the other2 and before that looking around , don’t get me wrong looking is fine as long as if you don’t touch cause women look also. 5th he is a player and will always be a player , he wants his cake when it suites him and the ice cream on the side to stand by when done with cake. It’s your life so if you like DRAMA then go for it

1 Like

You can never trust a cheater…once a cheater always a cheater…he will do it again…
You need to respect yourself more

Forgive him and walk away. You are a phenomenal woman for what you have endured and survived. It’s time for you to be happy. Find it and live for yourself and your child not a man that doesn’t respect or appreciate you.

Once a cheater always a cheater men and never to be trusted I wish you good luck but run.

He’s showing you exactly what he is. Open your eyes. He is self, immature, and cruel. The only future you have with him is heartache.

Nope. Not wrong at all. You have done more than he deserved by trying. He was being immature and insecure. You’ve tried to make things work and it still feels wrong to you. Walk away. You will never be able to forget what he did and it will always be a black hole in the relationship. You deserve better. He’s going to call you names and tell you that he’s trying to keep the family together nd your ruining it, but don’t forget mama. He started this and you’ve definitely given him more chances than he deserved. Go find YOUR happiness!!!

You are not being childish. Infidelity is difficult to get past. It can be done, but it takes hard work and it takes time. He’s been faithful for 7 months and that’s a good start, but he has to rebuild trust and pressuring and scoffing at your feelings is not going to build trust, in fact it will hurt it

Wow,red flags everywhere here,stop waisting your time,if he cheated once he will again,once the trust is broken you just can’t get it back.just my opinion.

1 Like

I’ve been through cheating more times than I can count. My ex cheated often then blamed me. My husband cheated early in our relationship but decided I was one he wanted when I told him straighten up or go. Men show who they are based on how they react to try to make amends. A real man will admit his mistakes and make up for it. A little boy will blame you for ruining the relationship.
Honestly hunny 2 years out of a 4 year relationship means you aren’t a priority but a comeback option. Whose to say he won’t do it again once he is bored again or some woman catches his eye. He isn’t commited to you if he doesn’t understand trust is earned not given after cheating. Find happiness in raising your daughter then you can find a real man who will love you and her as y’all deserve.

Get tested for STDs. And you already know the answer. There are worse things than being single and hanging with a guy who lies, cheats & tries to gaslight you is definitely worse.

If you can’t trust him the relationship will never work so end it before you waste anymore time. From what you described he does not seem remorseful. You can’t repair a relationship with someone that’s not sorry and isn’t willing to work to earn your trust.

Im suprised u allowed him to come back after what he did. Regardless…i think u have every right not tontrust him! Trust is earned and its only been 9 months. Thats nothing in comparison to what he did. He should be thankful you allowed him to go back to you. And shame on his family for allowing this to happen behind ur back. So gross. I wouldnt be wirh him.

Go with your feelings you know what you feel nobody else does but I’d have trust issues myself n it’s not immature or insecure don’t let manipulating people try n place the blame on you if you’ve done nothing wrong hunny! He’s on n off not sure that’s your answer ;”) you need consistent positive in your child’s life now I’d put you n child first n do what’s needed for both you :”)

2 Likes

Shoot u shouldn’t of took his ass back , but then again it’s not just him its the girl too , but honestly I would of got read of him the day I found him cheating 100% and getting another girl pregnant he would have done been gone !!! Iknkw a child is now involved but if u have no trust u have no relationship, and he don’t sound like a man he sounds like a child , if u can’t TRUST him there is no relationship !!! Go ahead and walk away trust Is everything,

He has no loyalty to you.

He has had the chance to prove his loyalty. Hes failed time and time again. You aren’t wrong. You have to love yourself and let him go.

1 Like

Walk away. He has no respect for you or anyone else.

1 Like

It sounds like he is making you feel bad for him cheating. Don’t let him manipulate you like that. He will probably cheat again. Get rid of him.

2 Likes

I could never trust or be in a relationship with a man like that. You are not wrong at all for wanting to walk away.

1 Like

Leaveeeeeeeeee
Why does everyone ask the same question? A RELATIONSHIP WITH NO TRUST IS JUST 2 PEOPLE COEXISTING IT’S NOT ACTUALLY LOVE. He’s clearly trash anyway; you aren’t missing out on anything, I doubt he’s loyal to you now, he cheated with 2 other woman that’s a pretty clear sign he’s garbage

3 Likes

Once that trust is broken by infidelity, the relationship will never be the same. Been there, done that.

Walk away. He will never be faithful. Old dogs never learn new tricks. I feel for you honey. Walk away and make yourself and your child a wonderful life. You are a woman, therefore you are strong.

1 Like

Why would you stay with someone that treat you like that? You don’t need him and neither do your children I don’t want to say he’s a loser but he’s a loser big time and he will never ever change so get out while the gettin’s good

1 Like

I wouldn’t have taken him back in the first place. Run! He is a manipulation nightmare. He is blaming you for his actions. He hasn’t taken ownership of his wrongs and blames you because he feels guilty. Have you been to therapy together? That is the only way I can see you making it work .

1 Like

Honestly I’ve been there and it doesn’t get better

2 Likes

Girl walk away cause he has a pattern of cheating sorry doesnt hold water after 2 years sorry walk away b4 it happens again

1 Like

No…walk away. You shouldnt have let him back in. My dumbass did it for 4 years an he made my life hell till i left hin

Hell no! He’s a cheater. Until he can stop making excuses and own what he did he won’t be done :woman_shrugging: my opinion

1 Like

Move on. Make a new start Your stronger now. Think of yourself and you child. He will probably do it again. Once the trust is gone thats it. Plus his family are just as bad as him.

Calling you insecure and immiture and resentful. Makes him a narcissistic asshole! A man who wants YOU back would understand what he has created and try his everything to make it better. He has to swollow how your feeling!
But thats not him and he won’t. So leave! For yours and your daughters sake. Or shell accept that type of man in the long run.

A cheater will always be a cheater. Honestly as a Asian women I attend to keep things to myself and doesnt say anything or know what I can say. In my culture it’s normal for mans to have 5 womens and I hated that shit. As a Christian believer I think it’s right to ask him who does he truly want because it seems he doesnt even known what he wants. And also you didnt cheat on him. He did with his immature brain of understanding. Giving birth to kids ain’t no joke and painful. Just to get a life for a kid of a dad that isnt faithful in a relationship is wrong. Does he treat the other girl right than you? I mean shit I would go Crazy and be soooo depress or blame myself. But since it happened just leave. For sure you will find another one when you are ready. Sorry to hear that! We all relate to you girl!

As soon he finds another girl he likes he will most likely leave an cheat again bc he thinks he can always come back to u Hun, leave ASAP find some happiness you earned it

1 Like

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BE HURT! He hurt you, that’s not your fault ! You’re not wrong for how you feel!

walk away . youll kill yourself trying to forgive and forget things that shouldn’t be forgiven . love and hugs :heartpulse:

1 Like

9 months isn’t long enough to prove his worth, I just spent 8 years in the same situation, he supposedly didn’t cheat the last 2 years but I stopped looking for it, either way I never moved past it I don’t think he would have stayed faithful anyway, we’re getting a divorce now and I can breath, huge weight off my shoulders, hard decision since it involved 4 kids but for the better, I didn’t want them thinking it’s ok for people to treat you that way, only you know in your gut what is right

1 Like

You should’ve walked away when you found out about all of it. Best of luck

1 Like

Once a cheater, always a cheater!

He’s never going to be loyal !

“Only cheated for 2 years”? Like it’s nbd? That should tell you everything you need to know about this guy…just go.

I would have been gone the first time he cheated.
But for him to actively cheat on you for 2 years and get her pregnant. Live with her and take her around his family all while you guys are together and have a child together.
Hes never going to change and not trying to be a bitch or be mean but hes most likely still cheating on you with her.

If he cant deal with the distrust you have for him. U need to move on. He needs to deal with the consiquences. 9 months of faithfulness isnt anything. Compared to the damage that has been done. He had a child with another woman. Thats a biggie. And if u cant let it go which u shouldnt in my opinion let him go. Let ur self b free

I live with a cheater for for so many years A cheater always a cheater get out it will get worse

What would you tell your daughter to do?

5 Likes

Shittttttt…Kick his ass to the curb

I would’ve left and moved on a long time ago. Halfway through you had your answer.

A cheater is just that was married 43years before he passed we had bad as well as good but i never worried about him running around. You will never forget. Thats what love is no trust move forward

1 Like

Simple question… would you want your child in that kind of relationship?
If no, then get out.
You are literally teaching your kid everything. They pick up on everything. You are teaching your child that a relationship without trust is okay and healthy. For you and your child’s sake, leave.

2 Likes

If you can’t get passed it. Leave. You will just stay miserable, and re-play everything over and over. Nothing he can do or say to make the hurt go away. :cry: Id leave

Walk AWAYYYYYY. Get out.

Tell his ass to kick rocks. You deserve way better. Your daughter deserves way better. If he does it once, he will do it again when you guys have problems. This isn’t a little one night stand. His man LIVED with someone else. It’s time to move on mama. I wish you the best of luck.

I agree with all of the above

Get out before you are pregnant again.:cry::cry::cry:

Why would you even take him back after all that…? I’m not trying to be rude, but seriously. He sounds like a pos

1 Like

You should have dropped that zero long ago. why do you think he loves you?

WALK AWAY !
But … First get prepared, get your money right.

Leave and see how he reacts. If he continues to remain true without actually being with you then you can communicate having further relations. Make him build that trust up. If he just moves on then he was just going to repeat the behaviour from before.

Walk away, once a cheat always a cheat!

He will never change. Always will cheat.

If you cant trust him I’d walk away. I wouldn’t of been able to forgive him once he got her pregnant and especially since his family let him bring around another women and not say nothing to you. I just couldn’t do it. You could find another man who values you and loves your child.

2 years is not an affair it’s a relationship you deserve better

You think hes been faithful, you can’t sit there saying 100% positively. The guy is a total maggot infested bastard.

Why are you even with him?
You should’ve walked away as soon as you found out

1 Like

You should of walked away the first time . You deserve so much more then this . Never settle for disrespect and real love . I wish you the best been there now I’m married to a great man that brings happiness to my life - you’ll find that man good luck

You will never trust him again. Let yourself go heal mama and wait for that dream man. Dream hubby can’t find you because you are wrapped up with a loser. It’s not up to you to be this man’s salvation… he needs to grow up himself. He cheats for 2yrs and after 9mths wants to be insensitive about it? Ummm NO. Sounds like he doesn’t even feel remorseful. You deserve the world, Queen. Demand it.

Loyalty begins at the start of a relationship. It doesn’t begin and end whenever he wants. Yeah, he’s loyal now, but what about the 2 years he wasn’t? He will cheat on you again and again and again because he knows that if he does, you’ll take him back. Just leave.

1 Like

No honey you walk with that head held high once the trust is gone there’s nothing left and as far as your child not good for them to see the fussing and fighting and tension

If I were in your situation I definitely would not be in a relationship with that person again, it’s very clear that he has a toxic personality and from the sounds of it that’s starting to wear on you. I’m sorry your in this mess but my only advice would be to leave him, focus on you and your daughter and file for some sort of custody arrangement

Why would you put up with that behaviour, I cannot believe anyone would, he will do it again because you allow him to, you deserve better x

Here’s my sentiment on that if you foolheartedly forgave him then that meant that you have to do everything on your part to leave everything behind that he did to you, that means don’t bring it up in fights don’t bring it up when you’re upset with him basically don’t use it as a below-the-belt thing to hurt him or make him feel less than. That does not mean that you’re not going to have hurt feelings about it still and difficulty trusting him this is where he has to do everything in his power to convince you that he’s the man for you with actions and he has to earn your trust back( that’s a lot to process and go through) talk about your feelings openly calmly and let him know how he could make those feelings disappear over time. Maybe some couples counseling will be in order. It is very normal to have resentment towards his behavior. Now if you truly feel you gave it your all and he gave it his all and you just can’t get past things that’s okay too and you’re entitled to walk away. He did do major damage to your relationship and sometimes the damage cannot be repaired and that is not something to feel guilty about. You tried. With that being said if this is how you truly feel then you need to sit down and have an adult mature conversation between the two of you and let him know that you want out of the relationship and why whether or not he agrees with it once you talk about your relationship ending then you move on to the topic of cutting ties like if you have at least together get it to where only one of you is on there the one that wants to be responsible for the lease same thing for utility bills TV bill internet bill phone bill etc talk about custody if you have any children together and get it filed through Court 50/50 physical primary educational Medical and decision-making split holidays or alternate holidays and child support stipulated that neither person can have a significant other around the child or children unless it is a serious relationship and also stipulate that neither parent can take the child out of state or country without written permission from the other parent and do it as soon as possible after you split that way neither of you use the children as Pawn to hurt each other or control each other.

Leave and never look back…

1 Like

Leave his sorry ass😈

1 Like

Counseling…if he has truly changed, you all need to go to couples counseling to openly discuss your feelings and “start over”

Leave and never look back.

Know your worth babe. Walk away. It will be hard but to cheat for 2 years and then use excuses on why he cheated is a cop out and him not owning up to his wrongs.

1 Like

Yep walk away…trust is gone

I would have bailed a long time ago

It is possible he grew up and decided to change his ways, but tell him he doesnt get off Scott free. He was shitty and awful for 2 years. Now he gets to make up for that. He has to EARN you, your love, your trust. And it means practically worshipping you, hand and foot. You don’t get to break someone and expect them to accept you back like nothing happened.

You’re definitely not wrong for wanting to walk away. And I say he deserves to be ditched by you. But it comes to which side you prefer.

1 Like

I would have left him the very second he was cheating…m

1 Like

Forgive him unless he does it again

It’s so hard when all you want am think you need is that one person wrong once a cheater always a cheater

Walk away!!! Once a cheat ALWAYS a cheat. You’ll always wonder if he’s cheating again.

I mean I dont know anyone who could just drop it like it was nothing and move on, especially if he seems to think it’s not a huge betrayal, you do what you feel is right, you’ll either have to find a way to forgive him, or walk away, being in a relationship with broken trust never works and both people end up not enjoying life the way they should.

He’s loyal now because he knows he’s gonna lose you. The moment you drop your guard he’s gonna drop his pants. Leave. You know what he’s capable of.

1 Like

Girl you lost me at…“for the past 9 months he’s been faithful to our family”. Personally, I’d leave. Save money, find a new spot and ghost him. No explanations. Be gone. Get child support. This man is not worthy of your loyalty, fidelity and positivity. Your children deserve a happy and healthy mom.

Leave him and don’t look back.

This is a difficult situation. My only suggestion, put more energy into yourself and making yourself grow, love your children and he will either grow up or be hone. Either wAy you are better for it.

I honestly would tell him not to let the door hit him on the way out, which is perfect for him. Sorry to be blunt.

Run!!! No walking involved

He is still doing it! Your being played by a deadbeat dad…

Once a cheat always a cheat