How to potty train a boy?

I’m in the middle of potty training my 2 (almost 3 in September) year old son. It’s been going well for months with the whole peeing part, but I can’t get him to poop in the potty to save my life! We’ve tried praise and rewards like stickers and candies, which worked really well with the peeing thing, and even offered to double it if he started pooping in the potty, but that didn’t work, so we went to throwing away something every time he pooped in his pants (seems to mean I know but desperate acts) and throwing away undies if he went potty in them. Nothing seems to be working! He knows when he has to poop and knows when he needs to be changed but just won’t use the potty. We don’t do the throwing things away thing anymore since that didn’t work, and no rewards seem enticing enough. He has a small potty and a seat for the big potty already…any advice?

I have a friend who said her son wouldn’t poop on the toilet until one day her Mom suggested letting him go by himself. So when he had to go, she let him go to the bathroom and handle his business, and he’s been going consistently ever since- he just needed a little privacy!

First Remind yourself he won’t go to college not potty trained.

Then accept he will do it in his own time and any pressure regardless of how well intended/ disguised as a treat will only delay.

Kindly, Veteran Mom of 4