How to save a marriage?

It sounds like hes given this a lot of thought, and he sounds like hes made up his mind. Trying to force a relationship with kids in the mix is only going to cause more harm than good. Kids need stability, and two happy parents in separate relationships are better than two unhappy parents trying to force a relationship.

Get a lawyer , hit his pocket hard .

Leave him well enough alone. If he’s not happy he will just make you miserable by staying

He told you this and you are giving birth on Thursday. Geeze… what a dick.

More then likely he has been having an affair …

More than likely a case of another woman in the picture. His loss. Tell him to kick rocks, you can’t force someone to see the awesome, beautiful woman you are!

Just kick him out , he will not change.

Emotions are high right now and it shouldn’t be a decision to be made right now but why has he lost feelings?? You don’t just lose them overnight.

Sounds like you need to talk to a friend, not Facebook. We don’t know the situation. Men get bored while women are taking care of their babies when they’re little. Shame on him.

Move on 8yrs is enough to b married…i was married 10 yrs then my husband had a affair on me but he wanted to stay together …i divorced him best thing i ever did…

Talk to him, ask him what is the matter, don’t talk back, just listen actually hear what he has to say, then if you think your marriage is worth saving ask him what adjustments you both can make to do this. Make sure he hasn’t got another person waiting in the wings.

Sometimes during pregnancy men can become disinterested in their partner. Ask him to consider staying to support you through this new family milestone and see how he feels after a couple of months.

I think once someone has that vocalised their decision it was made along time ago but it’s really sad that he’s told you now while you are about to have a baby.

Why the hell did he get u pregnant … Get a good lawyer

I’d say bye it’s not worth it

Maybe stop asking faceless strangers on the internet and get some serious counseling? Honestly, even if just YOU go, it’s worth it.

Why did he make a baby them!!!

Ask why and see if both can fix

The fact he wants out is the primary thing here. You can’t make him stay or live you the way you want to be lived. If he stays out of obligation you will both be miserable and your babies will feel the tension and lack of love. You don’t want that. I know it’s such a difficult and emotional time for you because you’re due with your baby and this is so hurtful to you. I think you should both talk and see the best way to resolve this for your sake and his. Hard conversation I know. Sadly you have to have it. Hopefully you can mutually agree on some financial support for you and the kids until things get settled. Eventually you will need an attorney if the separation moves forward. This baby that’s coming and your little one are your priorities right now. Take care of yourself first and prepare yourself for the blessing that’s coming. You need your strength for delivery. Stay strong friend. You’re going to be okay. :heart::pray:t3:

Find out who she is. I guarantee there is someone else.

This is a subliminal survey! Hope you all realize it

I would respect his feelings and don’t be bitter about it. Get a lawyer, however if you want less drama, don’t cause it.

Go with it and make sure to stay friends forever. It’ll hurt like hell for quite awhile, but let him go peacefully so there’s every chance of being amicable for life and the children.

See a lawyer, draw up a fair and equitable custody, support and visitation agreement, and hand it to him, telling him he has 6 months to 1 year to figure it out, before you file for the divorce. Custody is 50/50 which would mean he needs to provide adequate housing, clothing, schedules and meals for the days he has them (there should not be a “ill live here and carry on as usual while I find my feelings”)

I can guareenteed that he has not thought it out very clearly…

He put the cards on the table so move on. It will be rough but hopefully you have family for support. It’s better to be happy than miserable.

Your first mistake is turning to Facebook for advice!

Ten months? He knew before he got you pregnant and then throughout your whole pregnancy he contemplated divorcing you and right at the time when you’re preparing to deliver his child, he tells you that he doesn’t want you to be his wife anymore. That’s evil!

Truthfully, I don’t think there’s anything you can do at this point besides pray since he doesn’t talk or won’t participate in therapy. You should seek counseling for yourself so you don’t have to go through this alone.

He sounds like my ex. My ex loved having sex for selfish reasons but he couldn’t stand having children. I didn’t realize that when we were together. With every child I had, the more jealous he became. He wanted to be the only one who had my attention but I couldn’t fully understand that when I was with him.

I don’t know if that’s the case with your husband but his mind was made up before he even mentioned it to you so the best thing to do is take care of your emotions and focus on surviving and starting a new life with you and your children.

1 Like

Move on if he’s telling you be thankful most men just cheat and drag you down.

No you can’t train somebody to love you let him go

Didn’t stop him creating another child with you. Take him to the cleaners.

2 Likes

Damn he shouldn’t have got u pregnant again if thats how he felt…

Oh wow,I feel for you,just focus on yourself and having your baby,I can’t believe he can do this to you now,not very considerate…X

It might sound awful aswel but I would not let him to the birth of the second child if he don’t want to bring it up then he should not be there to see it been born then when the child is older sit down nd explain why you had to make this decision xx

Like the song says , let it go , let it go , you will be better off by yourself

Can’t make him want help

Kick him into touch. Baby needs to grow a pair and grow up. What a dork

Just let him go. Sucks but he will only make your life worse.

He sounds like a selfish moron you giving birth to his child in a few days . Get rid of him :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

First of all love never dies. Let me rephrase that “Real Love Never Dies!” You guys are going through the hardest stage of marriage the 8 year hump. I was once the same as your husband. But I am here to be living proof I am and was a fool and so is your husband. Here is the deal. 1. When you first fell in love you both were getting ready for each other each day to see the other person. Most marriage struggle because they stop trying to look their best for their partner. Also when you first got together you both use to do little things for each other to remind each other you were thinking of them. You need to get back to that. Love doesn’t die but it does go cold in tough times. You must keep the fire alive like when you first started dating. My wife and I got divorced and remarried and are on our 10th year with each other the 8th year was our toughest. But we love each other more that I ever thought possible since we got back on track. I am living proof that it can change and it will if you start doing what you both first did, when you first found each other. It’s never over people just quit because it got hard.

1 Like

Selfish *unt. Get yourself a really good divorce lawyer and tell him how much it’s going to cost him. He’s leaving his babies too so I certainly wouldn’t make it easy for him. Get everything you can out of him and don’t go sentimental because he’ll take advantage whilst you’re feeling vulnerable. Don’t let him near that new baby either if he’s walking away let him walk with nothing!

1 Like

Is he upset because of your shape during the pregnancy? Are you still having private time together? (you know…?) Is he interested in another women? Is he gay?

Not fit for Facebook
This is a personal issue

10 months ago? As in before you were pregnant? What a piece of work. Do you even want him anymore? And why?

1 Like

You have to let him go. He’s not committed so he’s just wasting your precious time.

Get a lawyer, don’t beg for love that isn’t there. You and your kids deserve better

2 Likes

Better for you to find someone new

Ask him who she is? Bet ya!

He is having an affair. Get rid of his sorry ass!

The five love languages is a great book to revamp your love life!

You deserve to be loved the way you need to be.

If he feels that way now it will never change, get out now sis don’t wait another moment…

Let him go not worth the drama for you or your kids smhhh

Yes, accept it and move on

If he does divorce u hammer him for child support

That dog got a side piece

U are due to have his bub on thursday he wanted to leave u but goes and gets u prego well he is a nice scumbag isnt he

Bunch of money hungry bitches on here…do what’s best for the kids ultimately I agree with a few on here but damn…get a lawyer immediately and child support??? Who said he wasn’t a great dad and supporter…just a bad husband is all I’m getting out of it

3 Likes

Wow. What a jerk to be saying this to you right at this point in time in your life.
How selfish.
He won’t change. Sounds like he doesn’t want to either.
And babies make things harder. I’d be getting a good lawyer. Sorry you are going through this. It will be the best thing when you look back in time.

1 Like

Leave him take the kids go

These women are nuts. Always with the “Get a good lawyer” or the auto assumption he’s already in another relationship. Men have to deal with an equal amount of stressors in life, and sometimes not having the right partner doesn’t help. Maybe you guys can, I don’t know, be amicable adults and separate. But jumping straight to a lawyer and assumptions will ruin whatever relationship you have planned for your kids. Food for thought

I can not tell you how sorry I am . This must be very difficult. I was in a similar situation. Where I was so in love and he wasn’t . I tried everything to keep him happy but I cld feel him pulling away . I fought til it broke me .
I finally let him go … as hard as it was I have never been happier. Never loved life my self and the lord god as much as I do now … it may seem terrible now ,but it might just be the best thing you have ever done .

Sorry; he’s a jerk and you’re better off without him. Honestly. Get a good lawyer. I know that’s not an answer you want to hear.

Well, he loved you 9 months ago. You can live without him, l am proof of this. It’s hard but after a while you will feel ok. As long as he steps up to be a good dad and pays maintenance then l’d move on. You can’t force him to love you. It’s sad but it can be ok x

Screw him, find someone better. You deserve better than fighting for the love of someone that doesnt reciprocate. Cut him loose and find one that deserves you.
It doesnt even have to be hateful or anything, do right equally by the kids beat you can and go on

You don’t lose feelings , you lose the desire to pursue the effort. Love is a choice not a feeling. Male energy goes off thinking and when unbalanced they overthink . Sounds like he needs to work on himself . He needs to realize Marriage doesn’t make you happy, you have to find that happiness within yourself. Maybe he just needs time and space and doing the things that he enjoys to do to gain that happiness back. Divorce is only an option when you don’t want it to work. I’m sad people are directing you right to an attorney . This is why we have so many divorces now :disappointed: . Don’t give up hope. Usually fear is the number 1 issue in a man . Pray for him . Ask the Lord to put faith in front

1 Like

Would have been cool of him to you know, NOT get your pregnant first of all. And second, you can’t force anything. Get a good lawyer and let it go.

I’m so sorry you’ve dealing w/ this situation as you prepare to deliver your child. What a shitty time for this “non-talker” to suddenly declare his feelings. Get the best lawyer you can, and take all the good advice offered here. Lean on your closest friends. We gals get each other through these things.

It know hurts right now & your heart’s in shreds. I’ve been in your shoes, when my kids were 4 & 6 (& yes, there was indeed another woman). I can only imagine how much More painful it must be, as you face childbirth. Again, sending you deep sympathy.

Know that time Will heal your heart. See a therapist if you possibly can. The world would be a better place if everyone could. This is not your fault, but there’s still much to learn from the process. Ask yourself what attracted you to him, how much of it was real on his part, & how much was an act all along. It was hard for me initially, admitting certain truths (she wasn’t his 1st mistress; I’d just been in denial). But once you can face the hard stuff, the healing can begin.

Yes, feelings change, and good people do break up. Just not right before childbirth, nor w/ such a cold explanation. The unkindness of his timing reveals his narcissism. Take the high road, away from him, emotionally. Try to maintain your composure & hold your head high. He failed you, not vice-versa. Where your feelings for him are concerned, treat it as a business arrangement now, co-parenting children. That was the hardest part for me to grasp, that my husband of a decade, my children’s father, was No longer my ally, and perhaps never had been. Just know that time Does ease the pain, and joy Will be felt again, eventually. Give it time, and just concentrate on your kids, your friends & yourself.

Also, please don’t be afraid to love again, when you’re ready. You deserve a caring partner. I managed to learn enough from the process to chose a Much better mate the 2nd time, and we just celebrated 21 yrs together. I wish the same for you & your kids. Sending you big hugs & Much comfort as you navigate this painful journey. :blue_heart:

You poor thing! As someone that was abandoned while pregnant…all you can do is pick yourself up and do what’s best for bub and sadly that’s move on…gather your mates and family around you as much as possible because you need them so much…you don’t need him, he’s made it clear he doesn’t need you or the kids.

I’m so sorry your dealing with this…I honestly sympathise :black_heart:

1 Like

Can’t force love hun. I’ve been with my husband for 13 years. We have 2 beautiful girls and I am going to have another baby in July. He told me late February that he wants divorce. Found out he is talking to his ex-gf. It hurts and I felt like dying but have to be strong for my kids. Can’t keep loving someone who can’t love me back.

What a lovely compassionate husband he IS NOT.
What a loser to do this to you when you are about to give birth.
He does not deserve you at all.
Some men are scum and only think of that thing between their legs.
Hun you are better off without him.
WHAT A JERK

You cannot make someone stay with you. No matter how many children you have, no matter how much you love them, and no matter how good it is for the person who wants to leave. If they want to leave, let them go! Cuz all it is going to do if you try and hang on, is destroy your children. And I don’t think any mother wants that. Let him go. Let him do what he wants to do.

You cant force people to love you. Let him go, co parents with love for the kids.

Let him go. Simple. No use fighting for someone that won’t even consider therapy. Let him go find whatever he’s looking for. If carrying his child isn’t enough for him to see your worth and wanna keep his family together let him go honey. It hurts I know honey trust me, but it’s gonna feel even better when you pick up those pieces alone for those babies. He’ll be back. By then you’ll be strong enough to keep it strictly about the kids. You’ll find your true soulmate in due time. Keep your head up love :heart:

Hes probs got someone else lined up. You bare that child and you pick up and be the amazon you are. You don’t need his bull. He’s a melt and you and the kids don’t need that. Get a lawyer. Get maintenance and weekend visitation.

Just be you,. take care of your kids and do the best you can. It’s a low blow for a man to tell a woman he has lost his feeling just before she delivers their child. Remember this and realize that he is no longer the man for you. I’m sorry, he’s already gone.

Typically once feelings are gone they’re gone. Focus on a happy future. Not for nothing why did he get you pregnant if he’s felt this way for 10 months.

How could he tell you this days before you deliver his baby … what a douche. He clearly doesn’t care how he hurts you. Fuck him

Tell him if he leaves he has to take the new baby with him. What a scumbag to get you pregnant, then leave. Immature asshole probably has a side chick who makes him feel young cause they don’t have kids and family to worry about when they’re together. DICK!

Get a divorce since he doesn’t want to work on your marriage. Make sure he pays child support and that he maintains a relationship with his children.

If he doesn’t want to be in the relationship, any effort you put towards saving it will be in vain.

Sounds like he doesn’t want to work it out. Looks like you need think about yourself and your children and move on. Sorry :neutral_face:

When she finds out he is now broke from paying child support and alimony she will kick him to the curb and he will come crawling back. I only hope by then you will realize you deserve more and hopefully you too will kick him to the curb.

Any lawyer will tell you to …file first… the temporary orders will be in your favor, he will get a good dose of what divorce is like. you can always change your mind. he tells you this while your pregnant? …what an ass.

You can’t make some one love you if they don’t have that feeling anymore. There is no tricks as thats messed up to think there is any in the first place. U cant stop him from making his own decisions u need to learn to let go and do what is best for u.

If it don’t fit don’t force it. Let one hurt do by letting him go it will hurt for a while but wounds do heal. Trying to keep him there could ultimately cause you more grief.

Why try to save it? You should have never got married in the first place.

1 Like

Get your ducks in a row financially before you say anything. Work out his worth, look for hidden money, bank statements, savings etc, he couldn’t been hiding money for some time in preparation. Engage a lawyer, so you’re prepared and tell HIM it’s over.
Get some wise women behind you, and dont weaken.
This man is toxic, forget ‘love’ it doesnt exist as he isnt what you thought he was.
Get support, family and friends, and get your life straight, ask him to leave, then move on. Bring those lovely kids up in a peaceful, happy atmosphere and leave him to his immaturity.

Should have Worn a condom , what an arsehole !

Wow, he picked this time to tell you?. He’s not worth it. Find a new you :slight_smile: good luck with your new arrival this week

Get yourself a toy boy after you’ve had the kid

3 Likes

Lawyer up and move on and live your best life . Remember he’s the loser

What a loser! He just doesn’t want responsibility. Take him for everything, for your children.

Take him for all he’s worth and move on.

What piece of shit, telling you this two days before giving birth!! Big hugs xx

Omg if he wants to go let him… do not fight for someone …who isnt fighting for you …

Put a huge pay out life insurance on him and sit back and wait.

If he has the courage to be honest. Walk away

There’s more :fish: at sea…let the moron go don’t even ask why?..just make sure child support always there.

I wouldn’t want to stay with a person that has no feelings for me. He should of thought about this before he fathered another child. What a jerk. Make sure he pays child support and alimony. Probably another love interest.

Make your children beneficiaries.

1 Like

Lock him in the attic, it worked for me!!!