How would you feel if your mom had an abortion when you were younger?

I don’t understand why you’d feel anything really but sadness for your mother.It was her choice and her body, not yours.

4 Likes

Let it go. She did what she thought she had to do. You don’t know what she was going thru therefore you have no right to judge her. Parents are not perfect. They make mistakes.

2 Likes

I’d feel it was none of my business. I’d also be extremely proud and supportive of her for having to make such a difficult decision, and for having the courage and strength to see through that decision in such difficult circumstances. And honoured that she felt that she could confide in me.

4 Likes

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14367… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SuperIncome1472.pages.dev/

Vote blue in November ladies. Bring back Roe V Wade. Many women are suffering due to it being overturned

4 Likes

I’d be asking how long she stayed with him after the abortion.

1 Like

Her choice. And she would have been stuck with him forever because of having it. She was always thinking of your well being also

3 Likes

why do you feel any type of way about the situation? it’s honestly none of your business.

8 Likes

Sounds to me like a whole lot of none of your god damned business. Sit the fuck down.

Same as I do knowing my mother had a miscarriage. Wonder what my sibling would have been like. A little sad. But like many other things in life it is a what if that has no answer.

I wouldn’t think or feel anything about it because it’s none of my business :woman_shrugging:t2: it’s her business

5 Likes

Get over it, No big deal,

5 Likes

My mom had a few, and guess what? Not my damn business like your mom’s is none of yours.

It would make me feel like my mom put me first not an unborn child. I would feel sad for my mom that she was in a position where she had to make that choice, I would feel proud that she was able to do what she felt was right for me and for herself. I would tell her how strong she is and that I love her and she shouldn’t have any regrets for the choice she made.

12 Likes

You are allowed to have feelings about abortion and your situation but do not j7dge your Mom.

2 Likes

I would be sad for my mother knowing that was not an easy decision to make and it must have been hard telling you. What you should be asking is how to support her now that you know.

3 Likes

You should be supportive of your mom for making such a difficult decision

2 Likes

I would honestly have so much more respect for my Mother if this were my case. It’s a very difficult situation to be in and not a single person has any right to judge.

4 Likes

Be thankful she felt she could tell you this. It’s been something she’s carried around that needed to come out. There is no mention of assault but if she did this for the safety of herself and her children she made what was the right decision at her present time. You don’t have to agree or disagree. She wasn’t telling you for approval. She was telling you because she was unloading a burden she’s carried and wanted you to know.

8 Likes

I would feel sad for her, she had to make a very hard decision during a very hard time. I am definitely not for abortion but ultimately it was her choice to make :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I feel she done the right thing considering the circumstances

1 Like

I would be proud of my mother for making such a hard decision. I think she had good reasoning to get one, I would not want to bring a baby into a house with an abusive person, I also feel like you don’t have a reason to be upset with her its her body her choice

1 Like

That’s your mom’s body and business.

2 Likes

I would feel glad that she made the right choice for herself. If your step father wasn’t good to either of you, then why would you be upset that she didn’t want to be tied to him for the rest of her life??

3 Likes

I think you should be grateful it wasn’t you having to make that decision.

4 Likes

I would be so proud of my brave mum. She made a really hard decision in a shitty situation.

Her body, her choice. I think you need to give her a hug, tell her you love her then move on.

7 Likes

She should have chosen the child’s life over the shut husband n left him soon as she found out, but really it was her choice the decision doesn’t affect u either way really . I’d be upset knowing she was willing to stay with this bad husband with her living kids but it absolutely wasn’t good enough for one in her stomach now that idk how I’d feel about. If she got rid of the baby to save it from the likes of the husband’s then what the fuck was she doing having you around him . THAT would be whats pissing me off

She did what she felt was best in a hard situation. Have you asked her how it made her feel and feels? Rather than being worried about the fact she had an abortion, which by the way isn’t your business. Sorry

4 Likes

None of your business or anyone else’s

2 Likes

I think your mother already feels bad enough, she doesn’t need you making it worse. She did what she felt was best. Remember if you’ve never been in that position you’ll never know truly how she felt❤️ take it easy on her, as moms we always put guilt on ourselves, we need more support- not judgement.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t feel anyway about it to be honest. I was adopted out at 2 months old and didn’t really get to know much of my bio siblings except one sister til I was grown. They were never really there so them really not being there now is no different and they are alive. If my mom aborted any I don’t think I’d feel any type of way about it. The household I grew up in their daughter was 12 years older than me and was gone a lot so I was an only child as I was basically always alone til older. Way I see it, wasn’t my choice to make so who am I to judge.

3 Likes

I think your mom made a very hard decision but ultimately the best decision for her. I can’t imagine how hard that must have been for her. I’m thankful every day my ex and I never had a kid together. I don’t know if I would have been strong enough to make that decision and my life as well as the childs would be pure hell right now.

I would feel like it isn’t my choice to have any feelings about her choice. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Why would you get upset with her? It was her decision. You should be supportive she had an abortion during a hard time of her life.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t have told you, maybe when you were older??

1 Like

She’s your mom but she’s also a women who had a choice to make . Shouldn’t make you feel any type of way . Her body her choice .

7 Likes

I think it’s none of your business and your feelings about the choices she made are absolutely not valid here. whatever her reasoning - your feelings don’t matter. Goodbye.

10 Likes

So she allowed you to be mistreated but saved another life from that treatment. I’d be upset- not for the abortion but because she clearly recognized that he was abusive and stayed with him for years allowing you to be abused. Aint that some
Bullshit. And she never left. HE left HER. So she’d still be there if he hadn’t

This is about your mom. Not you. You can feel anyway you want but your mom is probably looking for support now that your older. She’s the one who had the abortion and was in a bad marriage

7 Likes

In my opinion it doesnt concern me had I been in your situation. It was your mothers choice and I would support her now knowing it. Itsnot an easy decision she had to make at the time but to her it was what she needed to do due to the circumstances. I def wouldnt harp on the subject and bring it up in all honesty as its in the past and it is her story to tell in which she did and would personally leave it as such.

2 Likes

I would support my Mom for choosing what was best for her and her body during those times.

4 Likes

I’d feel bad that she let me stay in that situation knowing it was too awful to bring another child into it

1 Like

Obviously she was worried you’d be upset about having no brother or sister, so she wanted you to know why she made her decision. You said you’re not upset about being an only child, and that your stepfather wasn’t very nice and that he left her for another woman, and that he was awful to you and her. You’ve already justified it in your mind, so I’m not understanding why your question is how we’d feel. Is someone telling you that you should feel differently?

3 Likes

Give her some slack, try to put urself in her shoes. She did what she thought was best. Sounds like it was so toxic with ur step dad that it was the right option for her. Give her a hug ! I’m sure that’s hard for anyone to do

1 Like

I would understand and support my mother she did what was best for her and her family at the time.

1 Like

I would feel really sad that my mum found herself in a relationship with a horrible man and felt that she had no other option. I would feel love and compassion for my mum.

1 Like

The only thing that would upset me is the fact she knew it was so bad that another child being brought into things was a terrible idea, but she kept you in the abuse.

1 Like

how would I feel?? This really isn’t about you or us, this is about your mom, doing what she thought was the best all around, Good for her. What I am trying to figure out, why post this???

3 Likes

This is all about your mom, not you. She did what she thought was right at the time and deserves no judgment from you about it.

1 Like

Parents do not have to explain their life choices to their kids they just have to live with them their selves. Don’t dump your shit on the innocent

She made the choice that was right for her. It’s none of your concern. She didn’t even have to tell you.

2 Likes

Tbh that was none of your business. Weird you even posted about it… it was her choice and she made it. That’s it that’s all

5 Likes

You know -
Sometimes you give grace to receive grace .

The burden of being a mom is tremendous - I am sure she is doing the best she can do - let it go - love on her !!

2 Likes

No type of way bc she made the best choice for her mental health, your safety and hers. Don’t question her why’s it’s not for you to do that. She had to get it off her chest and felt it best to let you know, it takes alot of bravery on her end to do that and confess this to you. Hug her, tell her you love her. Appreciate that she’s not toxic and is living and able to be in your life. Let this go, you choose battles everyday, do not let this be one of them.

3 Likes

Shout out to your mom for being responsible bc that’s what she was doing on her terms. I like that. Your mom is alright.

5 Likes

Her body, her choice.

1 Like

She did what she thought was for the best and it certainly wouldn’t have been an easy decision too make she as carried the guilt of that ever since

Wow, your mum must be a pretty strong woman to have had made that decision. I’m glad she eventually got out of it, if only it were sooner

I would feel sorry that she had to face such a tough decision.

1 Like

When I went to tell my mom I was pregnant, I walked into a conversation with her and my sister talking about how I should’ve been aborted…needless to say I did not tell her, hurts to this day

1 Like

I’d mind my business and take into consideration how much courage and trust she had in me to even tell me and explain why.

9 Likes

It’s a part of her story. If she had the baby she’d be attached to an abusive man for life. She made the right choice and you were too young to tell such damaging things too. She waited until you were older and could understand. And she put you first, which I also do with my only daughter.

5 Likes

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 m0nths was for $14669… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SmartJob108.pages.dev

Doesn’t make any sense how her choice to have an abortion effects you in anyway. It’s really not up for debate when it’s not your body… the way I see it is your just trying to find something to be upset about even tho it’s doesn’t concern you in anyway.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t make a difference, it was in the past, it was the choice she made back then, move along!

4 Likes

Her body,her choice. She did it to protect you. No judgement. I gave a baby up for adoption for the same reason, didn’t want to be tied to the father forever and thought it was the best choice for my other kids(2) who were not his. Abortion was out of reach financially for me at the time. That child and I found each other a few years ago after his father passed away.

4 Likes

It’s her life … wouldn’t make me feel any type of way except mad sad for her that she had to make such a tough decision

2 Likes

I’m an only child too and hate not having a sibling, my mom had a miscarriage when I was two so I almost had a brother, I feel real bad for you, thinking of you

I get over $19411 a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life…This is what I do,

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1536.pages.dev/

She knew that to bring another child to a bad marriage, made her choose :disappointed:
Don’t judge her

She felt like she made the best decision for both of you at the time. How is an abusive stepfather the kicker here? More like a reason and a damn good one too!

My mother had 2 abortions in her life. 2 she was quite young and not able to have a child at 16. At that time, abortion was not legal and she said that wouldn’t been able us to give anyone a reasonable life.
At least she was honest with you about it, probably because she is still carrying that weight over all these years. No one is worth to judge without being in the others people shoes. She probably didn’t want to bring another child to this world with such a horrible men to her.

And that was her choice and her right. It’s part of her story.
Your feelings should be supportive for doing what she believed was best.

The thing is, it doesn’t matter how anyone feels now or then. Your Mom had to make a hard choice that was best for her, not based off the opinions of others.

2 Likes

She did what she thought was best for everyone. The problem I see here is not leaving your stepfather sooner. life sometimes just doesnt works out as we wish.

I would just want to be supportive of her and her choice and reassure her that it doesn’t change anything about how I feel for her and I love her. I wouldn’t feel anything other than supportive, it’s her life and that was her choice to make, it wouldn’t be my place to think anything else.

I’d be more upset that she let you stay in a crappy situation with an abusive step father until you were 16. She knew the abuse was so bad that she couldn’t bring another child into it, but let YOU stay in it until her cheated.

1 Like

My god… she prob raised you alone right?!! And it was hard. Could she have managed two. That’s only for her to say… not her children, no one! The correct view is at least she escaped with you!

2 Likes

I 100% agree with her decision She did what was in her best interest at that time of her life & you can’t punish her for that.:heart:

6 Likes

I hate when people say “they didn’t give me a sibling” no one is entitled to a sibling. You’re not the one that would have to carry it for 9 months, give birth, care for it physically emotionally and financially for a bare minimum of 18 years. It sounds like she didn’t want to be tied to your stepfather for life.

3 Likes

I feel it would have been none of my business. Our mothers do the best they can and the best they know how. It’s not your place to feel anything, unless it’s respect and understanding.

She done the right thing if you can’t accept that then that’s on you

You feel however you wanna feel but don’t judge her. She made the choices she made for reasons she felt were valid. You dont truly know the choices you would make until you are in that position yourself.

2 Likes

I think she made the right decision under the circumstances, it’s in the past she did what she thought was right at the time, I don’t think I would be affected by hearing this news.

I would say she was strong and brave

My mother had a abortion in 1970, she was a single mom of three and didn’t want it, her choice.

Respect her choices, realize she did what she needed to do, and let it go.

2 Likes

Support your Mum she needs it hardest decision inthe world she didnt have to tell you just love her shes looked after you and loved you

3 Likes

Moms are people too. :woman_shrugging:t3:

She did what she felt was right for her and you.

I think she did what was right for you and herself & you should support her. Im sure it was A very hard time for her… there may even be some abuse in there that she doesn’t wanna tell you… although it would have been cool to have a sibling, im sure she made the right choice … I pray she gets healing, and you too if this makes you feel upset or sad or anything.

1 Like

She did what she felt she had to at the time.

1 Like

Pro choice !
Her decision!
She did what she felt was right at that time!

2 Likes

You’re not angry about the abortion you’re angry bc she’s a bad mother.

& I think a lot of these comments are missing the point. The situation was too abusive for a new child, but acceptable for the OP, the living child experiencing this bad situation along with the mother based on her choices.

I’m sorry she let you down. I hope you’re able to forgive her

3 Likes

She did the right thing for her, and you. I would have done the same thing if I was in that position.

I personally feel like if it was my mom that had gotten one, that I wouldn’t be allowed to feel a certain way about it because it’s not my body, nor was it my choice.

3 Likes

She did what she felt was best for her and the possible baby, and that’s what is important.

3 Likes

Girl that ain’t even yo mfn business. How much $$ did you have to help raise that kid🤬. This really irritated me

6 Likes

It’s not your decision to make. She had her reasons and for good ones. Many women choose to have abortion for many reasons.

3 Likes

I think killing is killing!!! , there is always another way, she could have took you and left him for a better life , having you live with somebody like that was very wrong and not good parenting, I am sorry but woman make excuses for there mistakes :cry::cry::cry: life would have been so much better for you and the new baby :pray::pray::pray: I pray you are already doing well :heart::pray:

8 Likes