I am concerned for a family members baby: Thoughts?

Call child services and ask them.

You’re not a parent, so this argument is invalid.

7 Likes

Omg is this for real?? I can’t even picture half of this. I’m so sorry you are related to these fools. Poor kid doesn’t have a chance

3 Likes

As far as babies diet mind your own. All those are actually ok with supervision. As long as bubs is getting their milk as well. My concern is more towards driving around with the baby not in a car seat but also how does she know they do that if they don’t talk thats not something that they would post to fb. If you’re that concerned call cps. Otherwise stay out of it

Not your baby. You cant prove abuse by these things. Theyre not great but they wont remove a kid for them

1 Like

First, stop referring to the baby as “it”.

Second, you cant really do much. CPS wont do anything and as long as they are taking baby regularly to the doctor and they arent beating the crap out of him/her then just stay out of it.

3 Likes

My daughter at 8 months ate basically all of the above but the skittles and maybe a couple other things she could choke on I took photos because of the fun mess. It wasn’t the only thing I fed her either. And may I ask how you know that is all that happens unless you Live with them full time. If that baby is in serious danger and you truly believe that you wouldn’t be making a post. Being a parent is hard something you are yet to understand completely. It is a massive rollercoaster and to jump on anyone for Thier weight or what treats they give Thier child reguardless if you agree they should be having it or not is not your problem or concern. If the baby is otherwise happy healthy and fed you need to back off. They sound like eating habits are your MAIN concern but I’d be more concerned that someone in my family who because I had a fall out with is being as petty to stalk my new family and put my life on display because you simply don’t agree and don’t like her obviously. You need to step back have your own child then tell us how you go. Stop being so petty and look at the bigger picture and for god sake don’t judge a mother. don’t say you think you know what is best when you don’t have any of your own you have NO CLUE.

8 Likes

Lmao you’re mad about her giving her baby veggie staws​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I find lots of things wrong with this!! First off I don’t think you’re petty I think you’re genuinely concerned! But people are going to give to their children junk I do sometimes just to make my 2 year old happy lol and all of those foods you mentioned are fine except the damn sour skittles!! How did no address that???!! That is a choking hazard for a baby at that age!! They should not be putting a baby that age on an off road vehicle especially if they’re just sitting next to them barely holding on!! The single cab truck shouldn’t be a concern unless it has an airbag! She could’ve put her baby in a really pretty jacket to take pictures and seriously who takes outdoor pictures of their infant in 30 degree weather!! Stupid in my opinion!! You’re not a mom so I could see why you came here for advice and people don’t have to be so rude you can get your point across without being rude! If you’re truly concerned you could do an anonymous call for a wellness check!

If you think the baby is in danger talk to the mom or father or having family do it with you. If they are driving around without the baby in a carseat that is definitely dangerous and you can bring it up with your local child welfare program

If y’all had a falling out and you no longer speak why are you stocking her Facebook page and pictures it sounds like you’re bitter and you need to mind your own business nothing you listed sounds like child abuse that he seems fine a single cab truck with the baby and it is fine as long as he has a seatbelt on it sounds like you’re still butt hurt over the following out it takes a chicken shit Person to call CPS on someone if there’s no harm mind your business and move on

Unfortunately everyone has a right to raise their children the way they see fit and CPS has a lot more difficult cases they’re dealing with.
When my kids were little we knew someone similar so I always went out of my way to make sure she saw the safe and healthy environment I wanted for my children. Teach by example.

Wow what is with people stepping in on what somebody chooses to do with their child(ren)?!? But girl you are just crazy. That baby is 8 months old, a growing child. Mine were eating more stuff than that at that age :rofl: I’d honestly be more concerned if she wasn’t feeding her baby anything aside from formula/breast milk!! But as you stated you’re not a parent so honestly who are you really to speak? Oh an another thing if you honestly have a problem with how their choosing to raise their child maybe you oughta go confront them about it. Hahaha but then again not every parent wants advice from another parent and especially don’t want advice from someone who hasn’t had a child themselves!

3 Likes

Uh yea cps, should have been called. Since the 1st time she didn’t take any advice! This is so unacceptable! Truly heartbreaking💔

2 Likes

All you can do is call cps and their job is to see if a report has enough to move to an investigation. If not, some cps programs like mine will forward a referral to a voluntary program for intervention and support services. Maybe even providing some early intervention resources like catholic charities to them. It can help with providing education. You don’t do better until you know better.

CPS. I hope you are really worried about the baby and are not doing it out of malice because you had a falling out with said mother. Good luck.

1 Like

You sound super petty . There’s kids getting beat to death , raped and god knows what else. The food stuff does not warrant Cps. Also I’ve road my children the same way all their lifes . Not abuse !!! Sounds like you have a problem with the parents . Maybe take a step back and look again .

5 Likes

Man we don’t all parent the same​:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: Until stupid ppl can’t have kids and it’s enforced… Y’all gonna have to learn to mind your business​:100: I don’t like a lot of what you said but is any of that CPS worthy??? Fuck no and y’all know it! Fat ppl are allowed to have kids, hell ignorant ppl are allowed to have kids​:woman_shrugging:

Have them do a well check

3 Likes

I don’t see the reasoning to talk about mom and dad’s weight…I think it’s best to stay out of this one. You guys aren’t close and your opinion probably won’t matter to them

1 Like

Call CPS anonymously. They will investigate. If they find nothing wrong, then there you go. If they do, they will either remove the child until certain things are in place or they will work with the parents and check in regularly to make sure the child is okay.

4 Likes

As a mama of 4 1) the baby is fine to snack on all that so long as she is still getting bottles etc. 2) not unsafe to be in single cab truck in car seat as long as air bag is turned off 3) my children and MANY others are left alone with dogs since birth as long as you are checking on baby it’s not a big deal :unamused: 4) my children have had blanket since birth :woman_shrugging:t2: it’s not a crime… The makeup and sitting in the seat while moving/photos outside eh I wouldn’t but it’s not my child and the baby isn’t being physical harmed… If you’re that concerned call CPS and have a we’ll check done. But over all like I tell most people who aren’t parents and complain bout what others do and how they raise them… Until you have a child and are a perfect live by the book mother you have no room to judge…

7 Likes

People have been charged with neglect/abuse regarding a child’s nutrition but shouldn’t a doctor see if there is a problem?

If you arent close how do you know what she’s feeding the baby on a regular basis??If it going by Facebook posts you don’t.

2 Likes

I would def call cps and make a report and go from there. Always always always protect the children no matter what. If they arent doing anything wrong then they have nothing to worry about with cps getting called. Be an adult and be proactive with this…babies die all the time bc people are quite and dont speak up. SPEAK UP!

Who feeds an 8 month old Skittles? My kids almost 4 and I’m still terrified she’ll choke on that shit.

Honestly if your truly concerned for this babies safety, call CPS.
I see some of the comments, but if there was a headline on the news tomorrow 8 month old baby dead in car accident in single cab truck the comments would read OMG who would put a baby in a carseat in a truck like that when they have another car! 8 month old baby chokes to death on Skittles the comments would say what nutcase feeds their little baby Skittles!!!
Baby suffocates in crib because 35 blankets, they would say OMG people are still putting blankets in the bed with their babies!!
Do what YOU feel is the right thing here, you know these people, we don’t.

5 Likes

Stalk much? Do you have cameras in their home monitoring everything they do?

2 Likes

I’m finding this whole post a bit unbelievable. She states that she’s not close to the mom & had a falling out over a year ago. I’m assuming she hasn’t even met this child. Only finds out about her via social media which can be deceiving. Sounds exaggerated to get attention.

2 Likes

So many of you seem to be aight up in the comment about food. Did y’all miss the part about leaving the baby alone with dogs, sleeping with tons of blankets & stuffies can be VERY dangerous (especially under age 1 yr), just sitting beside dad in the off road vehicle (probably not sitting up great at that age), and who puts a full face of makeup on a baby that young? No telling what’s in that lipgloss that could make the poor baby sick from swallowing it! Do y’all know how many kids die every year because people “mind their business”? I’m not saying you should be all up in everyone’s business, but if you see something that could be harmful to an innocent child than you should report it! Even if you don’t go to CPS, talk with another family member that might can talk to the mama about some of their choices!

5 Likes

Okay so if youre not close to her at all… How do you know all this information???
I’m just asking because ppl could be snooping on another’s FB page and make assumptions. You can’t judge a book by its cover.
But if you’re so concerned as well then talk to the parents? And secretly record your guys conversation so you know if anythings suspicious you can use it as evidence. Talk to a social worker about your concerns and have someone check the baby out if its super serious too.

BUT BE RESPECTFUL IF THEY CURRENTLY AREN’T BEING RUDE TO YOU.

3 Likes

No kid Karen…
If your that concerned call cps

3 Likes

Unfortunately you cannot tell a person what to feed their child. If you don’t speak how do you know this child isn’t having a well balanced 3 meals a day? Also on the car seat front, some people aren’t clued up and proper car seat safety. Maybe she just needs a heads up and pointing in the right direction. Instead of sagging her off, why not try and give her a few tips or mention it to a family member to help her out rather than writing about her online?

If you havent talked to each other or aren’t close, how would you know all this detail… that’s kinda weird actually, just leave them alone. Perhaps she don’t want to talk to you for a reason

5 Likes

I understand your concern. But ultimately not your business. Doesn’t sound like the baby is being abused, so no imminent danger. Again, not condoning how they are choosing to raise the baby. But not your business. This could turn out poorly for you and for the child if you raise hell about it.

2 Likes

Honestly its hard to determine the right course of action. This sounds like alarming stuff. But you can’t wait until things sour to suddenly decide you have an issue with them.

1 Like

Call CPS and do a welfare check. If it all checks out at least you have done your due diligence. Better safe than sorry.

3 Likes

As someone who has unjustly had cps called on me, call them. It’s better to err on the safe side. If they arent doing anything wrong the case will be closed in a matter of days to weeks with little interference from CPS.

3 Likes

For someone who states they haven’t talked to this lady in a year you seem to be way ott knowing her every move the fact you can tell how many degrees it is by a pic is facinating .If your worried for the child you have a duty of care to contact somebody to look into their safety but I think jealousy and stalking come into this

2 Likes

Plz call cps and update us and for those bitching she should have called already maybe she was asking us to make sure she wasn’t be over dramatic or the best idea of what to do. I know here in alberta cps is VERY lenient and will let u off for alot

Christ. Mind your own damn business.

If the baby made it to 8 months they probably ok and if he is going to check ups the doctor will let them know if the baby is obese. How do u planning on stepping in if this is not out of love and concern sit your but down.

2 Likes

Call children services and request a health check or your local police department.

:exclamation:Call Authorities​:exclamation: on them, get them checked out and let local social workers know whats going on​:exclamation: 2 words I hate the most, “Too late”

1 Like

First of all the parents weight has nothing to do with raising a child so why even mention it! Second of all what they feed their child is their business and I hardly see veggie sticks as unhealthy maybe the rest is but that’s down to them! Seems to me like your very bitter about these 2 as you stated you fell out with them but look back a year ago you were there friends was they that bad then? Leaving a child with dogs? How do you know this if its through a photo on fb then obviously he/she was taking the photo and maybe the dogs are child friendly! If you are really that concerned over the child then please tell me why the first thing you thought of was to post on Facebook why not call local authorities and get advise from them! You also mentioned about 30°c heat how on earth would you know this, ever thought the child would have sun cream on? Dont assume by photos as they dont tell a whole story!
And your not a mother so stop passing judgment! You dont have to follow every rule in the book! And as for the blankets yes unsafe but my son goes to bed with 3 different blankets as they’re his favourite but once he has fell to sleep I go in and take 2 out he also sleeps with iggle piggle and ewan in his cot does that make me a bad parent!
I think you need to either step back and leave them alone stop stalking them or if you have real concerns then phone child services rather than slag them off on social media

6 Likes

Call cps for what
Sitting in a truck with her dad. Spending time with family… there child she feed them whatever they want. SHE IS FEEDING them . Its a picture how do you know the blankets and stuffed don’t get moved. You your self said yall don’t talk and are not close. I put lipgloss on my granddaughter. NOT a crime. Sounds like you have a lot of time to be judging there home and life. And because you don’t like it and it is not what you would do. You have a problem. Smdh mind ya buisness…

3 Likes

How would you know half of this stuff if you haven’t spoken to them. The parents can give the child any food they want. My kids were on solids way before 8 months. Sounds to me you are trying to get back at them

3 Likes

Leave her and her baby alone​:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

I think your just someone picking faults cuz you’ve fell out you can’t b tht concerned else u wud of contacted ss

3 Likes

Call cps, and call animal control and report the poor dog as well.

Ypu can’t base parenting off of Facebook pictures lol

3 Likes

Report to CPS and show all videos and pictures because this child is doomed

Oh dear…:confused: that’s not okay. Health is everything and the fact they’re giving empty calories to a child is baffling. Sugar isn’t good for anyone. Natural sugar (fruits and veggies) are better. It’s not about us minding our own business when a child should be taught how to eat healthy. It’s not wrong to teach your kid to eat healthy and to take care of your body. You only get one chance at life, help them grow different from you. Isn’t that way us parents always want our children to prosper farther than us?? What a shame.

Everyone is so quick to say call CPS but for what?? Wheres the neglect and abuse?? I have 4 kids and with each of my 4 kids the doctor told me to stop baby food and feed them real actual food…like what we eat…just because you wouldn’t feed your kid sweets or soda or junk doesn’t mean that they can’t. As for the pictures…it was a photoshoot how do you know they didn’t have that baby warm and cozy seconds before the picture was taken then put back in the warmth…because he looked cold?? Where you there? Riding in the front of a single cab truck is not against the law as long as the carseat is installed properly. AND they drove in a truck up a hill on their property and the baby wasn’t in a car seat? I really doubt they were speeding and jumping said hill with the baby in the truck…my 9 month old daughter likes to ride and bounce and all that and so did all my kids. They enjoyed a ride on the property…also you’re not a mom yourself so you really wouldn’t know what to do with a child yourself. With everything you just said CPS wouldn’t even make a case about it. They would only call the parents of the child and set up a time to speak with them and MAYBE meet them. All of you who say call CPS or that’s wrong or whatever you are stuck up moms and I feel bad for your kids. Judging a mother because she mothers differently than you??? You should be ashamed of yourselves!!! Acting like y’all are perfect parents who didn’t have to learn to be a parent. Mind your own business!

13 Likes

Report to child services ASAP

1 Like

You need to back the hell off. Just because this child who, isn’t yours mind you, is not being raised by your standards does not mean its abused. Do you even have children ?
I’m grateful that you are not my family member.

12 Likes

Damn lady mind your own business and get a life, you seem to know alot of their business for someone who hasn’t been around them, your stalking them. Either you’re jealous or you have problems.

Call CPS. easy peasy

1 Like

If you are truly concerned then report it to Children Services. But if it’s just an old beef and you’re trying to unfairly hurt them with their child then that’s not okay at all.

4 Likes

REPORT this all immediately. With as much proof as possible

Mind your own business

6 Likes

I would be getting ahold of CPS and expressing concerns

What the hell is wrong with all you saying to call CPS? Have you never fed your child a freezie or cookie ? The fact that you start off what you guys had a falling out clearly your judgement is clouded and you’re looking at what she’s doing wrong. Her weight has nothing to do with being a parent Either . Let’s see a pic of you and let us judge you. If you don’t like that idea why the fuck you judging someone else . Lastly , YOURE NOT A MOM. You have NO right judging a mother because you don’t know what it’s like to raise a kid . Grow up and mind your own business

You need to be that babys voice she could choke on some of those things and she should be in car seat and no baby should be outside in that weather call the authorities

2 Likes

Cys , if u know a child is being abused or negleted and u do nothing, you r just as bad as they are.

2 Likes

You sure seem to ‘know alot’ for someone who’s fallen out with this person. You sound just like me ex … Knows all about my business based purely off assumptions (which are wrong and far from the truth).

13 Likes

Anyone in their right mind would see all the red flags. Report their asses. That’s like leaving a child in a drug infested home.

This all sounds greatly exaggerated or made up. Sorry but i don’t buy this.

1 Like

PLEASE report the dog abuse if nothing else!!

3 Likes

If you believe the baby is TRULY being harmed or hurt then call CPS but truthfully those are all petty little things u just explained. You should worry when the baby is NOT. Being fed, when the baby HAS no clothes or blankets to keep her warm, when her parents ARENT involving her in their activities. Also how bout you let the pediatrician do their job :woman_shrugging:t2: because it’s their job to report any concerns to cps wether it be excessive weight gain/loss, child abuse, visible child neglect, not meeting the right milestones, and anything that concerns them really like REAL issues. You go tell cps they let their baby sleep with blankets and their parents feed her ice cream sandwiches and the husband abuses the dog, you’re probably gunna get laughed at. They have REAL child abuse cases to deal with. Just sayin. Maybe you should clear the air with the family member you had a falling out with so you can be more active in the baby’s life, if not, then it’s simple enough to mind your own business.

6 Likes

You could mind your own business but what if something happened that you could have prevented. CPS would be a way to go

I mean… mind ur own business…

3 Likes

Wow guess I’m a bad mom. My child ate veggie straws and pudding before one. She basically ate what we ate from 8/9 months on. And had blankets as well. And there’s nothing wring with a baby riding in a truck as long as car seat is being used …get off your high horse you sound ridiculous.

7 Likes

In some states everyone is considered a mandated reporter and so if you do think that there is any neglect and proof of that you are required by law to call CPS. You do not need to see who you are you just call it in.
And I say required by law as in you should and anyone who would not could be not following the law per the guideline and its state-by-state basis

1 Like

Well, I’m from the south and my baby started eating gravy when he got his first tooth( 3 months), he’s been on Jeep rides and side by side rides, always in a car seat buckled(he was 7 months his first trail ride, he loves it to this day, we went yesterday), my child is not nicknamed Chubbs because he eats only fruits and vegetables, he wants chicken nuggets and fries all the time. Always been a blanket baby, but has always been checked on while sleeping. I have family who never held their kid until it was bigger because they’re scared of hurting the little thing. We also are teaching him gun safety!!!

Maybe stay away from the south because this is how we’re all raised and we’re all perfectly happy☺️ attached is a photo of my very happy, red neck son.

6 Likes

Call CPS and voice your concerns. At the very least they can visit and do some education and start a file.
If she is posting these pics on Facebook you may not even be the first complaint.
I would take screen shots of those pics and hand it all to cps and just voice your fears.
You aren’t unbiased but also you have said some facts that can be very dangerous for an infant. Cps should be unbiased and take over.

2 Likes

Mind your business lol. That baby is not being starved, abused, neglected, nothing or the sort. Mind your business. Loll.

5 Likes

Not your kid, not your business!! :woman_shrugging: just stop now!! Ffs!!

4 Likes

Don’t listen to anyone here telling you to mind your business. Sour skittles at less than 8 months? The mother is clearly not concerned about choking hazards.

7 Likes

If u r wrry than cal for a well check up than

Mind your business and make sure your children are good. Can’t stand nose dippers.

3 Likes

If you are concerned report it to Social Services. They will decide whether they will investigate. It is then out of your responsibility. You can let it go. I would block her on Social media so you don’t get triggered.
There is no place for misinformation. Truth is prevail. Trust
Work on your own health during this time. We all need to do this.

3 Likes

Most of you sound like bitches… Who tf puts a full face of make up on a baby… Let alone in a fucking car w.o a car seat…on top of that amount of sugar for an infant… Fuck that. All of you who want her to mind her own business should also mind your own business.
At the very least call cps and let them do a welfare check on the baby. At least you’ll be at peace knowing someone checked.

I think you need to seek help… until you have kids dont assume as you know what they say… I have 6 kids and I was 350 lbs and I was in better health big than I am small… how dare you… sometimes it’s better to allow your child to have full belly…

6 Likes

When I was big I was exercising, eating well to lose weight I had to eat under UNDER 1000 cals a day… and I have 6 kids that I allow to eat and be healthy…

If you truly believe the child is in danger you need to call CPS

Forget all these mind your own business comments!
If your gut is saying something is wrong follow it! Speak up! Advocate for that baby that cant for herself if there is no wrong doing CPS will find that!but if there is and you dont speak up , how will you ever be able to forgive yourself… ?

5 Likes

Report it. Let them investigate. You can report anonymously. It’s better to be safe than sorry

2 Likes

A lot of this sounds like you’re reaching but if you are concerned then call.

2 Likes

While many would agree their choices made in parenting this baby aren’t the best, there is no real ground for DFCS to remove the child. I would personally just make amends with mom and offer to help with baby. Chances are mom was not taught any healthy ways of living or parenting.

3 Likes

While many of these things aren’t recommended, none of them are illegal or constitute having a child taken away. I think you’re reaching a bit, trying to find flaws in this person to justify why you don’t like them. There’s nothing you could do, particularly if you’re not on good terms with them.

7 Likes

Consistently feeding your child garbage without any regard for their health is child abuse

1 Like

Skittles are a choking hazard. The rest isn’t good either. I’d report.

Call call call call call please call now!! You’re doing the right thing. If they don’t find anything so be it but it’s worth a call!

1 Like

You just described tens of thousands of parents just like them. Nobody is perfect.

2 Likes

Report to CPS the baby is helpless!

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t see a real problem… Everyone raises their kids differently. Until your a mom of your own you probably won’t understand the ways of parents.

8 Likes

I can understand the concern over the food the baby is being fed at this age, and the off road part. However, the single cab truck part isn’t that bad. There are hundreds of people that drive around with their children in a single cab. If the child is in a car seat as stated then they will be fine. Your other concerns are legit though.

1 Like

I can’t believe these people commenting mind your own business :rage: if you’re concerned contact the authorities. You would feel awful if something happened and you hadn’t said anything. It can be reported anonymously if you’re worried of repercussions. Do what you feel is right x

3 Likes

Her being manipulative is irrelevant to whether or not she can take care of a child. Unless you see abuse to the child it self then stay out of their business, taking a baby from their parents and giving them to strangers just because you don’t get along with them is not the right thing to do

2 Likes