I am concerned for a family members baby: Thoughts?

Ok in all honesty, is it really necessary to call CPS? Like frfr is the baby really in that much danger? Cause this to me sounds a little petty.

4 Likes

Yes contact CPS for a welfare check. They should do visits and kept checking up but you should show them the post of things she says and how the baby looks. Keep that baby safe. Take screen shots of them so you have them in your phone

1 Like

Geez woman. If youā€™re that concerned about the wellbeing of an infant. Why are you asking ppl what you should when you shouldā€™ve done something about months ago. How do we as the ppl know what youā€™re saying is true since youā€™ve had a falling out with them anyway. Besides if youā€™re that concerned go tell the proper authorities and have them check on the baby themselves so they can determine whether or not the baby is in any sorts of danger. I just hope youā€™re not saying these things just because youā€™re being vindictive and jealous. I just hate to see and hear about a baby getting hurt because of idiots

3 Likes

Take all that you have documemted here and contact the proper authorities. Then stop putting it on social media. If what you say is true there could be issues in the future. If something happens to the child do you really want that on your conscience?

You should call CPS or the police even, for a wellness check! I cannot say for sure whether it will go anywhere, but you have valid concerns.

2 Likes

Cyf is where Iā€™d be calling. Save the innocent child. Obviously the parents need some help with child care classes, parenting classes.

Report them for the babyā€™s sake. And if nothing happens, at least you tried. Be prepared to have proof though, you said the parents are manipulative and compulsive liars. If your going to do something, prepared to do it all the way.

Animal abuse goes hand in hand with abuse to children. If an infant is not in a carseat I would call CPS. They will check it put and determine if further action needs taken.

Sounds like you just needed to vent. Unfollow them or report it. You donā€™t need our advice. Do what feels right.

Please report them for the safety and wellbeing of the baby

2 Likes

Call CPS and give an Anonymous tip.

Unless you think there is abuse donā€™t call cps you almost never get them out of your life

Where is the grandma. May be she could see if the baby is in danger

If you are concerned please call CPS

1 Like

Thats sad. But cps aint no dam help

Do you know if baby has been to the doctor?

2 Likes

Have her Mom talk to her.

Mind your on business

3 Likes

Stay out of it. You do you

Iā€™d be calling cps. If god forbid something happened youā€™d hate yourself for not doing something. Some parents just donā€™t know safety protocols with babies. The need for someone to advocate for themselves is greater than being the bad guy. Mom or not there are obviously some clear things you just donā€™t do.

11 Likes

You can call CPS but unless thereā€™s immediate, extreme abuse then most agencies simply wonā€™t do anything. And if there is, she could end up in foster care which may not be a better situation. My best advice is to get back in her life again, as hard as that may be. That way you could assess the situation up close and personal. Sometimes pictures and family gatherings and such only give you the highlight of otherā€™s lives. Being close to her you can do more to help, if help is needed, and as a bonus you get to be around a cute baby!

7 Likes

Whilst I donā€™t agree on the foods, as you say they themselves are overweight so they may just need re educating on these. Car seat safely is massively important as is the leaving a child unattended with animals. If you canā€™t speak to her and you have serious concerns you need to report it, educating is key.

6 Likes

Leaving a baby alone with dogs is not necessarily a bad thing. It totally depends on the dog and the dynamic of the dog around the baby. Also a baby on a wheeler could go both ways. Iā€™ve seen people just drive around the yard very slowly holding a baby and they absolutely love it and they were not putting the baby in danger at all. Also as long as the baby is in a car seat (which you said it was) and they had the air bag turned off in the truck then Iā€™m not sure why the pickup truck is a horrible thing. I guess my advice would be to make sure the baby is really in danger before doing something you regret.

5 Likes

If you are that concerned then definitely do call to get the baby checked out and or ask other family members to check. Youā€™ve already said youā€™ve had a falling out with the parentsā€¦but damn you sure seem to know a hell of a lot!! Iā€™m really in mixed minds here whever this is fully you are 100% concerned for the child (which if some of this is happening then yes most would be) or if thereā€™s much much more going on and youā€™re maybe overexagerating a bit , Iā€™ve had fall out with family and they know NOTHING about my family let alone nearly half of what youā€™ve said they have done. So again if you have suspicion or better yet prof get hold of the right people if not, leave them and move on with your life

5 Likes

Ok guys she doesnā€™t have kids but basically if she did she might be what you would call a nervous nelly mom. Basically if something doesnā€™t feel right to you then do what you think is best for the child. None of us are there to actually witness whatā€™s really going on and if nothing bad is happening to the child then the parents will have nothing to worry about but if something is then the issues will be rectified.

5 Likes

I donā€™t see much wrong other than the skittles (thatā€™s kinda common sense) and the car seat and dressing appropriately. You can make an anonymous call and they will do a well check. It does sound like they need proper education in some areas

8 Likes

Umm some of theses comments worry meā€¦ do you realize how little 8months is?? And who care she called the baby an it she obviously doesnā€™t have much experience with kids or she wouldnā€™t have asked for advise but would have just called the authorities. This is at the very least cause for a visit by cps because this is what she is seeing and they are not even friends. God protect that child

1 Like

Sounds like youā€™ve judged them from the beginning- Call CPS if you want. But also maybe cut yourself out of their life. I wouldnā€™t want someone judging me the way you judge them in my life.

26 Likes

Mum or not. This lady is concerned and didnā€™t know what to do.
U need to call child services. U may need to get other people to ring with there concerns too as u do need a lot of proof or a lot of people with same concerns to contact them before they will even consider opening a case.
In my experience parents who are obese and very overweight put all there health issues and bad eating habits onto there kids and the kids end up just like the parents. And itā€™s so sad. Unfortunately this is the way of the world these days.
Good luck

1 Like

As an aunt if I saw my niece or nephew be treated that way Iā€™d be extremely concerned as well and as a mother Iā€™m even more careful about my baby and sheā€™s 2ā€¦simple visits to the pediatrician would be more than enough for them to know itā€™s not healthy to feed your baby junk food all the time they need the nutrition from fruits and vegetables to grow properly or they can have long term effects that can get difficult to manage and if itā€™s below freezing and they arenā€™t dressing their baby for the weather that is child endangerment and neglectful behavior and someone should call cps because that baby is not protected. Bad terms or not youā€™re doing the right thing for the child and you shouldnā€™t feel guilty for standing up for that baby.

3 Likes

I would call for a health check and show them all the pictures with posts but I would be willing to take on the kid with a no contact order til the parents had some classes. A child without a carseat is agents the law and is considered abuse in some states itā€™s also considered abuse if the child can not get proper nutrition depending on the state.

1 Like

I would call CPS. Not specifically for the unhealthy foods, but the fact that she should not be eating things like that at such a young age (the skittles are especially concerning as a choking hazard) not being properly secured in a vehicle, and not being dressed warm for cold weather. I would feel horrible if something happened to the baby and I didnā€™t do anything to try to prevent it.

12 Likes

My best advice is, if you do not agree with their style of parenting just voice your concerns to them and leave it be. Honestly their isnā€™t much you can do if theyre not physically hurting or neglecting herā€¦(yes some choices youve given are frowned up) theyre not breaking any laws until then. While some of their life style seems to bother you there isnt much you can do. Cps isnt going to do much unless there is multiple calls of neglect or abuse. .just try to stay your distance if it bothers you that much(i know it sucks) but just observe the well being of the child and maybe voice your concerns and opinions to someone who is closer with the parents that might be able to nicely give them adviceā€¦do other memebers feel the same way you do? Maybe try to get together and help them rather than bashing.
Since this is their first child they may just be winging it and dont know certain things. But they might just raise her how they want and thatā€™s up to themā€¦ i know you obviously just care about the child or you wouldnt be asking. So good luck to you and your family. Just try to be peaceful and know the childs safety is first priority.
Further moreā€¦their weight has absolutely nothing to do with them as people so lets not start off with that.

Honestly sounds most likely like life and parenting choices that arenā€™t your business even if you donā€™t agree with them ā€¦if baby isnā€™t in immediate danger or being abused thatā€™s thatā€¦and for the new moms saying Iā€™d never do this or that ā€¦I was once you and all I have to say is never say never :wink:

16 Likes

My baby had nothing but breastmilk for the first 7 months, but she weighed 22 pounds. All babies are different, and things are not always what they seem. I was accused of giving my baby all kinds of things. The reality was I had super rich breast milk. An occasional cookie is not great, but it certainly isnā€™t going to harm the child. I think you are letting your dislike of the woman taint your judgment. No one is a perfect parent because everyone parents differently. What you find acceptable might not be for me. However it could still be perfectly safe. Call CPS if you must, but they will find out or have a good idea who called. Expect to be cut from their lives. You could avoid all the drama by leaving their life. I have to think at some point this baby has doctor visits. If anything was wrong, the doctor would report it.

Listen I had my kids eating and trying all kinds of things at 6 months old and they were okay. though I did portion things. I didnt give them tons of sugar and I donā€™t give them full meals of solid food.i stuck to baby foods until 10-11months.the food isnā€™t concerning honestly,as long as they have teeth and can chew it they can have, but limits should be made . Now the being out in the cold thing is conserning and the man not wanting to hold his child is strange. Iā€™d give cps a call.

1 Like

I feel bad for whoever wrote this in. Iā€™d rather someone be a little nosey and concerned rather than not caring at all. If you feel the child is in danger then make a call thatā€™s really the only thing you can do. If it truly is nothing then theyā€™ll dismiss it but you can at least have a peace of mind about it.

10 Likes

Honestly if you have concerns, make a call to CPS. They can educate them if nothing else. I have had to step in when I felt some children were in danger. Yes they were taken, and it was a serious situation.

Wondering why she called the baby an ā€œitā€ :thinking:

Honestly I think it sounds like you dislike the parents. But if you are concerned you should call CPS. Not look to Facebook to validate your opinions.

19 Likes

As a new mom with a five month oldā€¦ I personally would never do any of that with my baby.

1 - that is a crazy amount of sugar for someone so little.

2 - make up can ruin a babyā€™s skin, cause break outs, rashes, infections, etc.

3 - rear facing car seat at all times. Until about 2! Even if they are just going up the hill! Without a car seat and just a hand is not safe.

4 - baby needs to be dressed appropriately for the day. If itā€™s cold out. Dress accordingly and donā€™t take pictures outside in cute outfits if the arenā€™t weather appropriate.

5 - the baby should never be left unattended, unless they are strapped in or in a safe baby friendly environment. While on the floor they could crawl anywhere and hurt themselvesā€¦ and the dog wouldnā€™t be able to help.

I would anonymously call CPS and get them looked at

8 Likes

your guys comments are kind of useless. there is somebody here trying to reach out to all the moms out there for advice! sheā€™s worried a less than 8 month old baby is in danger. she donā€™t need your stupidity of answers. grow up! when it comes to worrying about a child, donā€™t ever tell somebody to mind there own business. because ignoring the signs of bad behavior toward children/babies are sometimes death. sooo. with that being saidā€¦please donā€™t ignore. all Iā€™m saying is talk to the mother first, see where she stands on your opinions about her parenting. if that doesnā€™t work and things get worse I say yes to the professional help.

20 Likes

So first of all, Their weight is none of your business. Second of all You are not the parent. Third If they were doing something to seriously injure the child then yes report it. Not to Facebook.

24 Likes

I honestly have mixed feelings about this.
BUT
Itā€™s a little difficult to say when ur not in the same position or understand ur feelings! But Personally speaking if it felt like my heart couldnā€™t take it anymore by staying silent, then thereā€™s no questions asked I would speak up and try to do the right thing, not for myself or for that family member BUT for that child. The child is the only thing u should be thinking about. If u feel like not saying anything is going to cause more harm than speaking up and saying something ? then fuck wut anyone else feels do wut u gotta do for that child! Iā€™m seriously hoping for a better outcome than cps taking the child and causing more damage than good, but hopefully the parents can become aware of nutritional guides and other things they may be lacking knowledge inā€¦? Good luck make sure to pray on it too!

While the food choice is a concern unless you know for a fact the only thing she gets is ice cream and candy and nothing else along with no well baby checks it has nothing to do with the restā€¦ not proper carseat safety however is and in some states if violated to many times they can make parents attend classes or take the kids away of violated to many times ā€¦ blankets also a little bit of a concern if they are large enough the baby could die so you could say something about that ā€¦ animals and children should never be left completely alone together until the child is big enough to defend or get away incase there would be an attackā€¦ you can call CPS if you want to or be nice about it and talk to her about the actual safety concerns you cant do much about supposedly poor nutrition ā€¦ i donā€™t take pictures of my kid eating green beans loll but I have plenty of her destroying a cake or licking the bowl when the ice cream is gone :rofl: that doesnā€™t mean she gets it 8 times a day tho

This isnt a concern to put on facebook. But anyone who knows first hand if the baby is in danger had an obligation to report it. But please dont make a complaint unless you feel the baby is in danger

6 Likes

I donā€™t mean to seem rude or come off ā€˜eating you up and spitting you outā€™ but you obviously are not a momā€¦ both my kids tried things when young. We have a dog that they are often alone with as I have ZERO concern with him around them. Moms do shower and need to be away from their kids sometimes- Iā€™m not going to cage my kids and dog so theyā€™re separate if they are safe. If you have an animal you donā€™t trust around your children, maybe itā€™s time to rethink the whole scenario. If she wants to take her child in an off road vehicle she is certainly allowed, itā€™s HER kid. My children have been in our side by side under safe circumstances. It is also legal in most places for a child to be in the front seat of a single cab vehicle. I even have photos of my sons sitting on our snowmobiles and mud trucks, etc., is someone gonna call child services on me too for taking a picture? Guess what, my baby sleeps with a blanket too- he wants to, wonā€™t sleep without it. And so what, dad sucks and doesnā€™t helpā€¦? That sounds like also not your business. So what are we reporting to dcyf? That someone elseā€™s parenting style doesnā€™t align with what YOU think parenting should be and youā€™re not even a mom? Come back once you enter motherhood and let us know how youā€™d feel if someone called on you for this stuff. Let her mother HER child and you worry about you.

15 Likes

If youā€™re so concerned for this childā€™s health and safety and there is evidence of abuse or neglect then you should report it to CPS instead of looking to people on Facebook to validate you and agree with you with absolutely no proof.

4 Likes

Wow, super poor food choices. Everyone parents differently. It seems like youā€™re more annoyed and looking to expose dirt than an actual concern for the baby. If you really believe the child is being abused then put in a call. I would secondly check your motives. Are you annoyed at them for not sharing in your perspective on certain topics? Is it more important for you to be right and to show everyone how disdainful these people are? Has the child ever been beaten or has any medical needs gone without care? Was she left outside in freezing weather? Are the living conditions hazardous? Is there alcohol or drug abuse? Is there parental domestic violence? Sexual abuse? If these are no answers, then itā€™s most likely that these people are just annoying with sub-par parenting skills.

3 Likes

If she wonā€™t listen to concerns you need to make a phone call. They can help her understand and learn to make better choices.

3 Likes

If you are concerned for a childā€™s safety and well-being than you need to call child protective services. They will sort out if further action needs to be taken for the safety of the child :heart:

1 Like

Ok. First off. If the baby is a girl, the amounts of sugar she is consuming can cause test infections, utis, diabetes. Boys it can cause utis and diabetes.

The makeup. If itā€™s adult make up. It has been fda approved. Itā€™s childā€™s make up you need to be concerned about as itā€™s considered costume make up and not regulated.

It is 100% legal to have a car seat in a single cab truck if it has the anchors and the back strap. Itā€™s not preferred. But it is allowed.

The riding on dirt roads not strapped in is clearly an issue, but if it is on their property itā€™s legal.

The weather stuffā€¦ not a good idea for any child.

Leaving alone with dogsā€¦ I mean, most dogs are goodā€¦ I wouldnā€™t do it, but idk the dogs. Thereā€™s only 1 dog Iā€™ve ever trusted around my child alone, and itā€™s a dog I trained (I train a lot of dogs).

A lot of the things you mentioned arenā€™t things you can really do anything about. The vehicle stuff maybe. But not unless you have 100% proof.

I wouldnā€™t get involved personally. I know as a mother, there are things I do Iā€™m sure others wouldnā€™t agree with. Or would do them selves.

But in all reality, a lot of this stuff isnā€™t ā€œillegalā€ minus the vehicle stuff, and even then It would likely be a warning. Then you become the horrible family member who called the cops/cps.

Delete the person, remove them completely.

3 Likes

Definitely donā€™t mind your own business. Wonder how many kids wound up neglected and abused because someone just ignored it. If you are genuinely concerned, call CPS. If theres nothing to be concerned about, there shouldnt be a problem. If so, you may have saved a life.

2 Likes

#1 SAVE THE DOG! #2 Call Child Protective Services . Let them figure out the rest. #3 the only perfect parent is those without children.

1 Like

I got about a quarter of the way through and stopped reading. I think itā€™s basically none of your business but if you are GENUINELY concerned please call your local child services, otherwise just leave them alone.

2 Likes

Is this a serious post? Your version of neglect is half of Americans way of life. (Or more) Weather you agree with it or not that baby is not being neglected.

2 Likes

Near naked babies in literal freezing weather, full makeup to sell mlm, hazardous foods for a baby that might have 2 teeth, dangerous driving practicesā€¦ and you guys are all okay with it?

5 Likes

I Have Never Been In A Group Where Momā€™s Bash Other Moms. Honestly, Itā€™s Sad!! We Should Learn To Stick Together & Give Advice When Needed. All Of This Negativity Yā€™all Are Throwing At Each Other Is Crazy.

1 Like

How do you know so much about their life sounds like your a bit obsessed, plus your not a mother so your just acting on what you think you should and shouldnā€™t do? The baby is obviously being fed not starved, and as for sleeping how would you know what way the baby goes to bed! Sounds a bit messed up2 me

1 Like

Some of these things you just have to realize that every parents is different. The most concerning is the car seat. If you suspect neglect call the authorities

I feel like you have something against the parents and you are looking to be justified for calling cps.

Definitely make a call- its probably nothing but it never hurts especially if you feel that the baby isnt properly being taken care of! Some of these comments are fucking ridiculous :unamused::unamused:

You sound very opinionated about something that really isnā€™t your business

That would be a call to child services regardless of wether I liked them or not

While I cringed at a lot of that, it doesnā€™t sound like it rises to the level of abuse. Iā€™d mind my business unless I was asked for my help or opinions.

1 Like

Yepp agree call Dcf/Cps in the state ur in, tell them whats going on. If you see the baby in real danger step up. Dont be like other people and turn ur back on things like that!!

Iā€™d mind my businessā€¦tbh I think your judging her and your doing it hard because you had a fall outā€¦just being honest

Ummm you sound like a Karenā€¦ ya sure itā€™s not a good idea giving the baby chocolate n candy n bad food . But if the baby Is happy n growing going to the dr and all why put your nose . You have a problem just stop looking at Facebook but of course if there was something terribly wrong Iā€™m sure you you would have called cps right .

Collect as much evidence as possible and call CPS If anything they can help the parents make better choices

You can always make an anonymous report and let CPS decide what to do. That way youā€™ve done your due diligence.

Plus you keep referring to the baby as an it so annoying to me!

So you are pissed off because the parents feed their child what they want? Sounds like you are just a nosy b@#$. IF the childs doctor was worried they would file a complaint. This baby is clearly NOT abused and is loved so let it goā€¦ if you are worried talk to the parents

You should butt out and stop judging.

If you are THAT concerned call cps. If not myob

2 Likes

Shitty parenting yes, but I donā€™t think this is abuse

2 Likes

Call DSS. You canā€™t do anything else.

3 Likes

Not your monkey not you business. Stay in your own lane.

2 Likes

That poor baby doesnā€™t need to go threw that

Maybe just a wellness check but atleast report them for animal abuse!!

1 Like

If youā€™re that concerned ring cps not post it on social media

Id call cps voice your concerns

Call CPS and have them do a wellness check. Send screenshots of everything you have.

Iā€™d call cps and let them do a well check.

If itā€™s bad call the proper authorities

Call PCS and let them handle it! Otherwise MYOB!

CPS will investigate, others might report.

You can also call
8004achild

Or call the police and they will raise a safeguarding case

1 Like

Well you said it hun, youā€™re definitely not a mom lol. Call the authorities for what? Jesus I did most of this shit with my daughter. My daughter tasted frosting within the first week she was born. You sound boredā€¦

21 Likes

Sorry for everyoneā€™s rude comments. Iā€™d say if addressing your concerns to the mom doesnā€™t work, you have no other option than to tell CPS. Ppl like the ones commenting are the reason kids like Gabriel Fernandez got abused for so long because ppl are too worried about ā€œlooking like Karenā€ or ā€œminding their own business.ā€ If a childā€™s SAFETY is at stake, by all means, ima go ALL THE WAY KAREN MODE! And save your comments because I donā€™t think the original poster would feel bad if it meant saving this babyā€™s life.

6 Likes

Feeding a kid junk food is not abuse, and will not get the baby taken away. As a parent, you have the right to feed your kid what you want as long as they are being fed. Sad, but true. Being in a car seat in a single cab truck is 100% legal, was told as much by the sheriffā€™s department and fire department. I have a single cab truck and a car, depending on who our son is with, depends on what vehicle he is in. Nothing can be done about that. Putting make-up on a baby is again, not abuse. Nothing will be done about it. Unless thereā€™s proof of them having her underdressed for extended periods of time in cold weather, a picture of her on a truck isnā€™t going to do much in most cases. Is there proof of her being left alone with dogs? Do you have proof of how long? Where the parents were? If not, nothing can be done. If thereā€™s pictures, obviously someone was with her. Could maybe get a welfare check for the enclosed off-road vehicle issue, but thereā€™s not much CPS can do about it without proof, and even with proof, Iā€™m not sure they can do anything about it. As long as the father hasnā€™t harmed other children or her, thereā€™s nothing they can do about it. Him not wanting to hold her until she was 5+ months is a non-issue and they wonā€™t care. Could maybe get a welfare check for the blankets, but at 8 months thatā€™s kind of up to the parents discretion. And them being overweight has no bearing.

Posts like this fuck me offā€¦1.you already have a major dislike for these people so it sounds like anything they do that doesnt fit in your lil box of ā€œgood parenting by karenā€ will be judged and taken as ā€œabusiveā€ā€¦2.doesnt sound like the kid is being starved (which would fall under ā€œneglectā€) all parents/grandparents/aunts and uncles at some point give a child lil treats/tasters as long as that child is getting decent food on a regular basis wtf does it have to do with u? Not to mention u dont live with these ppl and arent close to them so how tf would u know wtf is going on in the home?..3.as for the vehicle issue you said they had the child strapped into a seat soo tell me where theyve gone wrong yes some common sense should be applied to this area but not everyone has a vehicle where they can pop them in the back most of our generation grew up with far less safety measures in vehicles then we have now (nit picking i think)ā€¦4. Tell karen thats coming to you with info to shut her mouth cause it has nothing to do with ya both and lastlyā€¦if you have such serious concerns ring the appropriate people, ask questions and put your thoughts in front of them and let them decide instead running to fb ā€œasking for adviceā€ knowing damn well your just trying to get the other ā€œkarensā€ on the here to agree with you to make yaself feel betterā€¦false accusations because of being misinformed lead to children and parents having to go through horrible situations that do end up leading to abuse because of fear of being judged instead of reaching out for helpā€¦oh and i know there will b a few karens and helicopter mums who will disagreeā€¦dnt bother giving me your ā€œpiece of adviceā€ cause all im gonna c and hear is a bunch of ppl that need to look in their glass houseā€™s as to what can b considered abuse in ur own homes

Mind your own business

Mind your own business

Mind your own business

Call CPS anonymously

Call the authorities

2 Likes

Call the proper authorities

2 Likes

If you are that worried then call CPS but I think you are overreacting to a parent raising their child. No parent raises their child the same as another parent.

2 Likes

Do an anonymous report to child services. That babyā€™s life is in danger.

1 Like

Iā€™d do a report to child services if youā€™re really that concerned, however the fact that you are calling that child an ā€œitā€ is annoying

2 Likes