I am pregnant and my boyfriend refuses to change the cat litter: Advice?

I always cleaned my cat boxes pregnant with a mask and never had an issue.

1 Like

Rehome the damn cats…that’s crazy yo. U have 3 cats n about to be a newborn cat hair every where… im super allergic

Switch to pine pellets. Super cheap and not toxic to baby

2 Likes

Re-home your boyfriend😂

10 Likes

Re-home the boyfriend

7 Likes

Now you know he will not change any diapers

3 Likes

Wear a mask and gloves when changing the littter and be ready for your bf to not help With the baby.

4 Likes

No you rehome the boyfriend if he does this now i feel sorry for you after baby is born god bless good luck

6 Likes

I changed my cats liter box while pregnant with 1st and only son I had no complications I just made sure i washed my hand afterwards and as everyone said you can wear disposable gloves and mask

Yes re-home the boyfriend

4 Likes

You need to rehome the boyfriend. :joy:

6 Likes

What a dog. He’s a selfish person.

1 Like

It’s not a matter of you cleaning their boxes at this point because there are ways of you doing it safely. Its a matter of HIM being an inconsiderate jerk and uncaring ass about his unborn child. He is disrespectful and I can only imagine how he will be when the baby gets here. I’d seriously think about his role as a father and boot him out instead of the cats. Of course hes always going to be the father but every day duties of parenthood looks like is going to fall on you. I wish you the best of luck. He should have more respect for the woman carrying his child and help you.

1. Id rehome the boyfriend. Id be questioning if he cant help with that, why would he help with the baby?.

2. Id just wear gloves & a mask. If your cats are strictly indoor, the risk is lessened. Wash your hands & such, really well afterwards.

7 Likes

Id be getting rid of the boyfriend…problem solved.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking: sounds like u need to get rid of THE BOY FRIEND

2 Likes

Mask and gloves should be fine

1 Like

My husband was deployed when I was pregnant and I bought masks and gloves to do the litter boxes.

1 Like

Rehome your boyfriend. He sounds like a total douche bag.

2 Likes

Never rehome your cats rehome him!

2 Likes

I changed the litter, but my husband pitched in for a lot of it too. Wear a mask if it makes you less worried, and wash your hands. You’re probably in good shape with that already after months of practice

If he didn’t willing bring the cats into the home for himself and the cats were solely yours they are not his responsibility. It is yours since they are your cats. But I Iove reading these comments of people saying dump the guy which I think is stupid just because he doesn’t want the responsibility of the cats they may not be his doesn’t mean he will not take care of his own child. Like seriously people grow up.

Tell him… you’re right the cats aren’t yours, but this baby is, and making me change the cat litter can harm your baby and if you’re okay with that then clearly you’re not ready to be a father.

15 Likes
  1. I think he should help you, BUT
  2. recommendation is masks and gloves, AND if you do it every day, it’s lower risk because it takes a day or more to become infections (36 hours if I recall from my animal science degree :sweat_smile:)
5 Likes

Just cover your face and wear gloves if you can. Wash your hands real good after! It’s doable

1 Like

The litter is not the issue. It’s the poop. Theres a bacteria in cat poop that can cause respiratory issues in infants.
I was always extra careful either wash hands right after or wear gloves.

1 Like

A lot of excellent advice above. Another thought- is there a teen in your neighborhood that wants to make a few dollars to come clean it once or twice a week.

1 Like

Rehome your husband really what a selfish man

14 Likes

I would just rehome the cats. The pregnancy & newborn baby to come is more important. Its recommended that the entire litter box be changed every single day cause the toxoplasmosis eggs dont become infectious for near 24 hrs after the cat excretes them. Also cats tend to like curling up to a baby’s face and can stop their breathing. Not to mention the cat dander your baby will be exposed to. I love animals but I’d play it safe.

1 Like

Rehome the selfish boy.

3 Likes

That man is ridiculous.

I literally screenshotted this to my boyfriend and he wrote,
“Don’t rehome the cats. Their job as a boyfriend is to be there for you when you need them. He better clean it out. If not just says a lot about his fathering skills
It’s not hard at all. You’re not even pregnant and I’m willing to do it for you. Trying to help you out and love you. The little things make a difference.”

Lol throw the whole man away sis. You can do better. He is very childish and selfish if he can’t help you with simple tasks! Especially when you’re growing his child :clap: yikes

8 Likes

If he can’t change the litter box what makes you think he’s gonna change a diaper

11 Likes

It’s sad he won’t do it but wear some gloves or just wash up after you take care of it. I did it with all 2 pregnancies and all was fine.

2 Likes

It’s not the cats fault, just use mask and gloves, that’s what I did and never had an issue!!

7 Likes

You rehome the boyfriend asap.

13 Likes

Wear gloves and masks … wash hands. You will be fine… buttttt what an ass!

He should help with it but you can change it. Wear a mask and gloves and you’re good. No reason to rehome cats because of that. It’ll be fine. It’s definitely doable.

1 Like

If he isnt willing to help with the cat box bc the cats are yours, imagine when the baby is born. If you ask him to change a diaper, will he respond with nope the kid is yours.
Time to rethink your relationship with him.
Keep the cats, wear some gear to change the box.

Ditch the boyfriend.

7 Likes

Get rid of the cat! Vile creatures!

5 Likes

Change the litter and wash your hands. If you have a cut wear plastic gloves. I’ve always had cats, and had 3 babies.

Wow is he going to change the babys diaper? Are will he let the baby stay Messy(:poop:) until you change him/her? :baby: and congratulations

Wear a mask while changing the box. I changed my litterbox and my daughter is fine.

His baby? But your cats? A bad omen.

1 Like

Dude, if he won’t clean the cat litter, what do think is going to happen when his kid needs a clean diaper.

Keep the cats, rehome the boyfriend. Cleaning the litter is fine if you wear gloves and a mask and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.

5 Likes

Rehome the boyfriend…if u are using a poo scooper it shouldn’t matter I had cats with all 3 pregnancies.its not like you are touching it with your hands don’t stress.p.s your bf is a dick!!!

2 Likes

I wore a mask and protective gear when I had to change mine

Re-home your boyfriend and hire someone to clean it for you

2 Likes

Wear a mask and gloves. You’re being ridiculous, there are safe ways to fo things during pregnancy. Your pregnant not broken🙃

2 Likes

I’d rehome your boyfriend

6 Likes

Wear a face covering and gloves and just change it. It wont hurt u

Rehome your boyfriend

4 Likes

Why have a baby with someone who is “incredibly selfish”
Get rid of him. If he doesn’t want to help with that; he isn’t going to help AT ALL with a baby

9 Likes

Dump the bf…if I had my time back while i was carrying my first born and I also had a cat and my ex wouldnt help me …I should have got rid of him then but stupid me gave away my cat :pensive:

5 Likes

I changed my cats litter box my whole pregnancy with my son :woozy_face: I just covered my face wore gloves and washed my hands after

1 Like

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiq5_SFkrTxAhVMssgKHQkHBF0YABA4GgJxdQ&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQeD2F_58FYCHRTBQ8m7pBBXpP3IdJ9s8HmJU_mHQZFsGhI3xipBtI02dyXWM3nyGcoQXpsJnc8LVLCDFayqI2ZHQ&sig=AOD64_1ZBpK_kbyBsKSUBiHDEJlWDRbcZw&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwj6oeuFkrTxAhU2STABHYpADHwQ0Qx6BAgEEAE

Hes being stupid… I had two cats when I was pregnant I still done the litter (yes I know I wasn’t supposed to) when it stunk… A cat will be your best friend for ever a guy can be replaced if he can’t help :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Rehome your selfish boyfriend!

17 Likes

I’d rehome the boyfriend, f he’s like that now, he’ll always be like that. Why do you want such a selfish person.

2 Likes

Wear a mask and gloves. Tell him to get out. He’s already showing you he doesn’t care about what’s best for the baby.

12 Likes

Remove your boyfriend. He seems like the real pussy here.

12 Likes

Well I did my cats Through all three pregnancies, two teens healthy n barely ever sick n a one month old also not ill n perfectly healthy. Wash hands thoroughly after n don’t let litter get bad you’ll be fine

My husband wasn’t happy about it but he still does it because its safer for his baby. Nobody LIKES changing cat litter but it’s a necessary evil

2 Likes

Just make sure to wear a mask and gloves and you should be good. I did my whole pregnancy and was completely fine.

1 Like

Congratulations, you’re raising two children. :roll_eyes: no, change the litter box and wash your hands afterwards. You will be fine.

2 Likes

Rehome the boyfriend.

Your cat will never understand why their human sent them away… they’ll be so sad. And you’ll regret it for life

11 Likes

Absolutely kick him the hell out, what is next he refuses to change the babies diaper?!?!

2 Likes

I did it the entire time also just be careful.

Wear a mask and wash hands after

Remove the boyfriend and buy gloves, mask, and wash your hands often.

1 Like

He is an ass! Wear a face mask :mask:. You should be fine. I have two daughters and had cats their entire lives. He is selfish and did I mention an ASS! Good luck

Ummm, you’ll be fine. Wonder how he’s gonna feel when he has to change the childs diaper lol

4 Likes

:weary: I would do it for you if I could

1 Like

Use a mask, gloves and wash your hands. Rehome the boyfriend!

11 Likes

Rehome the boyfriend. Is he going to change dirty diapers… or say that’s “your kid… you do it?” :thinking:

3 Likes

I used gloves and changed it through all 6 of my pregnancies.

2 Likes

Get rid of the BOYfriend and wear gloves and a mask when messing with the litter and you should be okay.

I’m more worried about who you just made a baby with :flushed::flushed:

7 Likes

Rehome your boyfriend and keep the cats

13 Likes

I wore gloves and a mask per dr request bc my husband is allergic to kitty litter.

2 Likes

I had a rabbit :rabbit2: in one of my pregnancy an I changed the bedding an I know plenty of people who have cats an change there’s as well

He is in for a world of pain if he thinks cat litter is a big deal… he is going to be a Dad… time to shape up

Guard yourself with a make and gloves - i would start looking for a back up plan bc gurl… there is alot more then litter coming

3 Likes

Rehome your boyfriend

6 Likes

Damn, what’s next, “you gave birth to it, it’s not my kid”?

Your getting ready to be a PARENT with someone who acts like this?! I think there are bigger issues here ya, think?

12 Likes

Agreed u should re-home the bf… wear gloves and wash hands after EVERY TIME. U and ur baby should be ok… congratulations

6 Likes

Tbh I won’t clean up after someone else’s pets either, so I see his side

You will be fine, just don’t bare handle it and wear a mask

When I was pregneat with my second I had to change the cat litter the hole time , you can whear a mask if you like and are gloves , make sure wash your hands and are get rid of the cats are out them out it’s all up to you , buy my lil one was ok when born 8 nown

I kept my cat…changed the litter myself …always wore 2 masks :mask: and held my breath…lol…wore gloves as well lol

I changed cat litter during both my pregnancies no mask no gloves nothing. Didn’t think cat litter was such a big deal

1 Like

Rehome your boyfriend

5 Likes

Rehome your boyfriend and invest in one of those fancy litter boxes that clean it for you

11 Likes

Wear a mask and gloves and you’ll be okay sweetie, but definitely rehome the man child.

8 Likes

Cats can only transmit toxoplasmosis for a limited span in their life. Unfortunately there’s no way to know when they are capable so that is why it is advised not to change their litter while pregnant. My bf also refused to change my cats litter even tho he originally promised to after I said I’d pay my brother to come change it for me weekly. Wear gloves and a mask and always wash your hands immediately after and you should be fine.

1 Like

I’d be more worried about the toxicity of that boyfriend :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Hope he helps you change diapers…

3 Likes

I would re-home the boyfriend. He is acting that way over litter lord forbid he has to change a dirty diaper. Wear a mask and gloves and then wash your hands good. That is what my doctor told me.

6 Likes

You can wear gloves and a mask and it’ll be fine, especially if they are indoor cats. Make sure you wash your hands really good after too.

3 Likes

Wear gloves and wash your hands… unless your cats are outdoor cats your risk is incredibly low. It’s parasites from dead critters that they ingest that cause toxoplasmosis.

3 Likes