I am really struggling with morning sickness: Advice?

Ginger tea, ginger pops, or ginger gum. Go slow, but they helped me. I slept as much as possible too (even working f/t) & that always helped some. Never shower on an empty stomach! :nauseated_face:

Ginger ale helped me also sucking on candy or lolly pop certain flavors would help me more! Best of luck

I survived on water melon, cucumbers, and apples during my whole first pregnancy.

With my oldest I was so nauseated threw mt whole pregnancy. My grandma and mom had me open a coke before going to bed and saltiness crackers. Before even getting out of bed I slowly eat the saltine crackers and sipped the coke. Than I was fine and during the day I eat saltine and chicken broth.

Sea Bands. It was the only thing that helped me. You will find them with the Dramamine.

Milk was my best friend. And Cheerios. Also this canned version of chicken n dumplings that was chicken, broth, and dumplings. And I just stayed in bed for 5 weeks, only got up to eat, vomit, pee/poo, and shower.

Peppermint pin wheel candies and peppermint gum, the only thing that worked for me

The first 3 months are rough hang in there it gets better with both of my pregnancies I had morning sickness the entire 9 months I survived with saltines crackers and ginger ale

Lemons worked for me! Of course taking a bite of lemon and then a bite of spaghetti isnt ideal… It worked lol

Ginger tea worked wonders. I used the ginger that was already grounded.

Im currently 23 wks and still have morning sickness . In the beginning all I ate was Cheerios and drink Powerade but I still puked lol now I just puke and get it over with and eat a banana . Eating small amounts throughput the day can help.

During my pregnancy dairy made me very sick except for Braun’s milk and dairy. Bananas helped sometimes to.

I was the same exact way and the only thing that helped was anti nausea meds. Everything and every smell made me sick. good luck

I always had a box of wheat thins with me. Candy to suck on too. When you wake in the middle of the night just eat a couple whether you’re hungry or not. Nothing worked for me except always having a snack.

Try fresh lemon juice. It helps in preventing nausea and vomiting. You can add a pinch of black salt to it. It tastes yum…

Green apples. It’s the only way I survived all day vomiting with pregnancy

That’s absolutely ridiculous!! Your doctor could call you in a prescription for an anti-nausea medication if they can’t be bothered to see you for 2 minutes. :woman_facepalming: Amazon has anti nausea wrist bands I tried, but didn’t notice a huge difference. Could just be the ones I purchased because surely some of them work. Also, crackers. Plus recognizing that’s one of the symptoms of pregnancy and supposed to be a good sign of it progressing. :heart:

Put you some ice in a glass, put salt over it and pour green Gatorade over it. Drink it by sips. Enough salt to taste. This helps me when I am sick for any reason. I’m not pregame but maybe it will help you too.

The number one midwife cure that actually works really well and fast is half a cup of pinapple juice mixed with 1 cup ginger ale

I could only eat raw vegetables and fruit for the first 3-4 months. If it continues your doctor will offer medicine around month 3.

Go to an Urgent care. They can help. There is medicine out there to help this. My daughter in-law as just there last week for the same exact reason.

Load up on proteins before you go to sleep. I ate a ham and cheese sandwich as a bedtime snack. The proteins slowly transform to sugars so you aren’t as bottomed out in the morning.

Peppermints made with real peppermint oil was the only thing that helped me.

Sea bands worked for me. I would get sick once in the morning n I would put those on but I would wear them all day.

Take a teaspoon of cumin and boil with a glass of water until the liquid reduces to half it’s quantity,strain ,sip this decoction through out the day.

A&W root beer and root beer barrels help me anytime I’m nauseous, pregnant or not. Maybe peppermint tea would help.

I threw up everyday from week 6 until week 40. If I had a my coffee and toast for breakfast and a glass of ice cold coca cola around lunch, I would throw up way less. If not, I would throw up everything I ate or just bile.

I found that i moved when i was getting out of bed was the main problem. So i woke up layed there for a few minutes then slowly got up. Good luck

JOLLY RANCHERS POP ONE IN YOUR MOUTH BEFORE GETTING OUT OF BED… Weird but it worked … I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks and was about to be hospitalized and my sister showed up with this book a black womans guide to pregnancy and that is what it said lay and eat a jolly rancher who would have thought … Good luck with the pregnancy

I did a lot of ginger ale
Ginger tea. Saltine crackers. My morning sickness was a lot worse when I hadn’t really eaten

Try green apples. They work great for seasickness. It’s worth a try.

Unisom.

My doctor gave it to me for sleep but I haven’t had morning sickness once since being pregnant because of it. I take half a tab before bed, sleep like a baby, and have no morning sickness whatsoever. And It’s over the counter so you don’t need a prescription

I had Hyperemesis gravidarum with both my sons. Ended up in hospital on IV then released a week later on Zofran. Get checked out as soon as you can

Diclectin was my saviour. It helped big time with the nausea and vomiting during the first 3 months

Ask your ob/gyn or family dr if you can take ginger tablets. They really work well for motion sickness, couldn’t hurt to try if your dr says it’s ok.

Keep the saltine crackers next to your bed. When you wake up in the morning, don’t sit up. Just reach over and eat some crackers lying down. Wait 5 - 10 minutes and then get up out of bed.

There is a tablet your doctor can prescribe. The only thing that ended up working for me was sleeping until after noon. But that’s not always a viable option.

Mint! Mint helps curb nausea and my go-to items were lemonheads or peppermints

My ob prescribed Zofran. She said there was no reason not to take anti nausea med and suffer with that. Can they call you in a script?

My doc told me to eat 2 or 3 saltine crackers spread with a little jelly before I got out of bed in the morning. Worked 60 years agol

Ginger tea bags mixed with a peppermint tea bag and honey … sip it.

I lived off of beef broth and over the counter nausea medicine until the doctor could see me.

My doctors recommended unison and b6 every night and my morning sickness has gone away

About the only thing I ate was root beer popsicles. Ginger tea helps some people, it’s worth a try. Good luck.

Dramamine Less Drowsy was the only thing that I took that helped.

Before you even lift your head in the morning eat a saltine cracker and sip of ginger ale, during the day suck on peppermints and small sips of coke. Definitely ask your dr for a prescription nausea pill you don’t want to get dehydrated.

Preggie pops worked wonders on me…I’m 17 weeks pregnant and had to use them up until 12 weeks

1 Like

Make butter milk with greek yogurt, cilantro, piece of ginger with water and blend well, use strainer and drink it in empty stomach in morning.

You need to start slow and easy. Just a few sips to start. A cracker at a time. Once you start keeping things down go for a little more at a time. Weirdly enough sour patch kids helped me some.

B6 and unison, check with OB first though. Also peppermint candies

Ice chips,Rub peppermint oil on belly if Dr says ok. Ginger tables in the Mylanta section on drug store if ok by doctor ,.Saltines .

I lost 22lbs I could not keep anything down, crackers and rice, good luck then I had to have a slice of pizza ever day.

I used to roll lettuce leaves with ground pepper. Weird, but it helped me:)

OB suggested unisom at night and B 6 during the day. Did help with nausea

I found that I had to take my prenatal vitamins at night. If I took it in the morning I would throw up within 20 minutes.

If you’re taking a prenatal vitamin stop and take 2 flinstones vitamins with folic acid

I have a couple friends that had to be on ivs through the pregnacies because of morning sickness. Sometimes nothing helps. They lost a lot of weight

My doctor told me the BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast (dry). Once you can tolerate those 4 things, start trying other things.

The dr should be able to prescribe something for nausea even without seeing you or even through a video chat.

Pepsi with ice helped me. Not letting my stomach get real empty too.

Maybe pedialyte will help and if you drink coke make sure it’s flat and take small sips. If it doesn’t work call doctor

I had really bad morning sickness and lost 40 lbs. Ironically, I could only keep down Pepsi. I don’t normally like that soda but with out it we might not have made it.

1 Like

I had this with my son I kept cracker next to my bed,and when I wake up before lifting my head off the pillow I would eat some crackers and lay there for about about 10 min before getting up and it helped also had ice chips instead of drinking water it helped

1. Find a new OB!!! They keep open emergency appointments every day. They also should have a nurse that will talk to you, consult with the dr, and get back to you. 2. While the ER may not have much they can do, they cannot refuse to see you. If you think you are dehydrated from not keeping down fluid you go in because you cannot stop throwing up and fear dehydration. If they think you are showing signs of dehydration you will get an iv, and they should temporarily give you medicine to stop the vomiting.

This happens with pregnancy for many women. With my son it lasted till week 13, and with my daughter 8 months. I had a barf vag with me everywhere I went and just learned to go with it. For me hot tea with cream and sugar upon waking and then constantly nibbling or sucking on a hard candy. Just eat when something sounds good. Ginger ale. There are medications that can help as well

My doctor had me sip on a warm can of Coke all day and it helped a lot

May sound funny but my mid wife said sour patch kids or ruffles potato chips

Your doctor should be able to prescribe anti-nausea meds. If they won’t, looks like you need a new OB.

Eat something with protein before you even get out of bed. Hope you feel better

Peppermint candy or lemon with a little salt on it. sip pickle juice that helps too.

Lite snack at bedtime sleep slightly elevated have ginger ale with saltines and have ginger snaps sometime the combo of salty sweet helps

Try eating Cheerios and Gatorade. Even if it still comes up as long as you eat something it’s better then starving

Peppermint essential oil I dabbed it behind my ears and it worked for me and prenatal vitamins before bed

Have you tried sea bands? I haven’t personally tried them but I’ve heard good things

Crystallised ginger helped me - until I ate too much and felt sick :sweat_smile:

My daughter is 8 months she is still dealling with morning , noon and night sickness i feel for you

Oh my god that’s awful, I had really bad morning sickness, well it lasted all day even through the night, I was hospitalised 3 times and I was hooked to a drip each time, I don’t know why they can’t do this with u, I couldn’t keep anything down either not even drinks, I’d lost 2 stone because of this

Hard peppermints and eating crackers or something like that before even trying to stand up in the morning helped.

Take you iron pill at night with something little to eat. That’s what stopped mine

The emergency department can’t say they won’t see you. I’m truly hoping the conversation was misinterpreted on one side or the other. They may not admit to the hospital but they can’t not see you if you show up.

My sister uses b6 and unisom. I have tried every remedy for my morning sickness, I have HG and have to take ondansetron otherwise I am in the hospital getting fluids every week.

Old wife’s tale but worked with both my pregnancies. When you get in and out of bed crawl over husband. He’ll get the morning sickness.

I had to get zofran and take as needed I think but watermelon and strawberries worked for me

I was in the same boat, with both 24 & 22 yrs olds. I had to have a central line put in both times.

If you are not against it i would try some cbd oil if all else fails.

Drink water with lemon as soon as you wake up. That helped me.

Preggie pops and pink stork nausea pops helped me a ton, and eating clementines or pineapple in the morning

Nothing helped me. I was sick for the first 2 trimester & some of the 3rd.

Try eating watermelon I heard it helps with sickness in first trimester

The only thing that worked for me was to slowly sip on a coke bottle until i stopped feeling sick. Or ask your OB to give you some anti nausea meds

Cola syrup or leave a can of coke open over night on the nightstand. The uncarbonated coke and a couple saltine crackers before you sit up and begin moving around.

I used sea bands which are for motion sickness. It worked for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

I used ginger candy. It was the only thing that helped

Sounds awful but oatmeal no milk or anything.

For some reason, a McDonalds coke with ice always does the trick.

I drink Canada dry and that works wonders whenever I can’t keep anything down

I could only eat peaches and drink apple juice

The syrup from the Del Monte canned fruit like peaches.

Have you tried a different doc? Walk in? I had to go on pills with my oldest. Also I got arrowroot crackers and ate 1-3 before even going pee in the morning

I lived on dry cereal for the first several weeks. Like honeycomb cereal or frosted flakes

Please don’t use ginger you can actually miscarry from it I don’t recommend it.