I am unsure if I should go out with my neighbor and her daughter due to her daughters behavior: Advice?

Invite another family and their mom to the water park also. Your kids will probably choose the friends that are fun and not bratty. ( safety in numbers momma)

19 Likes

Holy cow, that Parent needs to be educated. If that kid had said that to my kid in front of me and the other parent I would have told the kid that that is NOT acceptable behavior and that she needs to be kind to others. Then I would have looked at the mom and said, Right, Mom? Then I’d tell the kid that if she behaves this way again she will not be allowed to come over to play anymore.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t want my kids mixing with that behavior. It tends to be contagious.

9 Likes

Dont go n start distancing ur family from hers
Clearly hrr mother is encouraging all this or next time tell her the way she’s behaving is not right n rude.

3 Likes

When that child gets older she will be an even bigger tyrant! Keep your distance :flushed:

9 Likes

Momma of five here. Don’t do it. Don’t waist your time. Have fun with your family if you want to go
Trust your gut on the one. I know what mine is telling me. Have you talked to the mom before?

3 Likes

I think you should go! Your kids will have a great time! Do NOT go in the same car as your friend and meet her at the water park so she can go home when she pleases. A water park Hs a huge place and your kids do not have to be holding hands with this kid at all. Let your kids go where they please and don’t force them to hang out with this child. If it was me there is NO WAY I’d take the one year old. You need to keep your eye in the 5 year old more so leave the one year old with your husband! Then when you 5 year old wants to go in the lazy River you just say ok and say “we are off to the lazy River and leave this other kid and her mom to figure it out. As soon as some other random kid at the park is rude to her she’ll want to go home. This is not uncommon with an only child to end up being more pampered and catered too. You just have fun, be positive and ignore her bad behavior. Be glad she’s not your kid!

8 Likes

I’d go because my children would be so upset if they knew we were going to the water park and I cancelled, I’d definitely arrive separately and explain you have a younger and an older child so you will be moving around the water park to ensure all your children have fun in their age appropriate areas, and your happy for her (the neighbour) to stay in her child’s age appropriate area so not to disrupt her play and meet up after a few hours to eat lunch! That way your not cancelling plans but your setting a boundary I’m going off on my own with my children and I’m happy for you to stay and play with your child, your not disrespecting her parenting by explaining her child would ruin your child’s fun your really then facilitating her child’s need to have focus on her while also removing you and your children from that situation xx

8 Likes

Feel like I’m alone in this but it seems to me that the child has boundaries and is setting them. No one has to be in a situation or place that makes them uncomfortable and her mom is supporting that. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Time for both of you to put on your big girl panties!! I know it’s awkward and difficult to have that conversation, but it needs to be had. If she appreciates your friendship and the kids, then she’ll appreciate your honesty. Don’t make it seem like your insulting her or her daughter, simply point out the negative effects it’s had on you and your children. End it on a positive.

6 Likes

Eeek … I think I would talk to the mom and just say I like your daughter and I want our kids to enjoy their time together but here’s what I’m struggling with …

8 Likes

Sounds as if this mom may be being parented by her child. Someone…and it may be you, might gently point this out…and let the mom know that she has the right to be the authority in her relationship with her children…not the other way around.

5 Likes

Maybe talk to mom one on one and see what is going on. You just don’t understand why the child acts as so. I’m sure they’ll go to school together too. You just want to see if theres anything you can do to help. Child will learn more in school

2 Likes

Nope…no point in ruining your family’s fun…because you already know that that’s a given…don’t do something you know that you’ll most certainly regret later…just sayn

5 Likes

What I don’t understand is why you are still subjecting your child to this little girl

6 Likes

I’d be upfront and tell her what your issue is. If she doesn’t see the problem then it’s bye, bye

6 Likes

When parents let there 5 year olds dictate the parents :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: don’t go with them. If you’re up to it, explain the reasoning, but you really don’t have to. If she can’t discipline a 5 year old and correct their behaviour… well good luck when she’s 15 :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Make up an excuse to cancel. It’s too expensive to go with 3 kids and not enjoy it.

This is typical only
child stuff. DO NOT GO MOM TO MOM on this. You will not win. Create distance, if you’re still going to live there. Don’t create an issue.
*Advice from mom of 4 now adults been there done that.

2 Likes

I wonder what message your children are getting from all this? I personally would be nice when I seen them but would not put myself and mostly my children through this anymore… Sometimes you have to decide if the friendship is to much work and not enough pleasure…

4 Likes

If you are good Friends why don’t you talk to her about the situation…Apparently she does not see it as it is…
Just be polite and express your feelings to her. If she don’t show any intentions of fixing the situation…then…she is not your friend…

2 Likes

Whatever may be going on with her kid you need to worry about how it is affecting your child. If it’s a negative effect which it seems to be maybe try talking with the mother in private about your concerns of how it is affecting your child and if she plans to do nothing about the situation going forward it may be time to scale back on the daily hangouts and maybe search a little further for playmates

1 Like

Omg the comments have me so mortified this is a 5 year old little girl it is not on the child this is on the mother… obviously the mom is trying to consider her daughters feelings above everyone else. But I would just talk to her and voice your concern for your own kids and take separate cars for sure then you don’t have to leave if there is an issue. If you don’t want to bring it up yet just take seprate cars and say you have to stop at a family members after.

2 Likes

Plan to take your kids to the water park and enjoy it as planned! Go separate incase they wish to leave! And dont let it phase you! Let it be on them if they have a good time or not and go about your day! It’s not your responsibility to oversee if they have a good experience there or not. If they go and stay just try to enjoy their company…maybe talk with the mom about how you feel otherwise…relax and enjoy your kids and your time there❤

1 Like

Definitely don’t go. It doesn’t matter if they’re your neighbors, you don’t need relationships where is enablement of bad behaviors, a lack of accountability and discipline. Already it’s made your daughter cry. She deserves better friends than that. Draw a boundary so your daughter can learn how and be able to choose healthier friends in the future.

I would take my daughter to the water park by herself. No sense in ruining her playtime. Perhaps you should expose your children to other friends who are better behaved.

1 Like

Take your children to the water park without them and let them enjoy it without having to worry if the neighbors child will ruin it for them and if she asks tell her why…if she gets mad then you’ll know she was never really your friend…friendship takes being brutally honest sometimes

Only children are often a bit different because they have never had to share and have other children to get along with. My daughter gets overwhelmed easily and likes her own space. She likes to play with other kids to a point and when that point is reached she’s done. My daughter also has adhd, anxiety and mild autism. I’d still go to the water park and when this little girl has reached her limit her mum can take her home

1 Like

First nothing wrong with a parent leaving a home when there child is ready to go. Next maybe mom talked with her child about a better way to handle not wanting someone in their home after you left. Finally if the relationship matters to you tell her how you feel. Or spend less time together. If the time you spend with them once reduced isn’t enjoyable for your family, start just saying, “Hi, beautiful weather we are having today,” in the yard and spend your time with people you enjoy being with.

Some times actions speak louder than words, you need to choose you not your next door neighbor, show your child the many way to handle situations that will be in her life, I know she’s only 5 . continue to speak to your neighbor be friendly but showing people sometimes is better than words. get in the car and take your daughter to fun event without negativity have fun alone. When your neighbor wonder and start noticing your new independent the ball is in her court then she will ask you why, then you say I choose to teach my daughter positive behaviors instead of negative behavior, and demonstrate it .

I wouldn’t be going, sounds like that brat needs to learn some manners, stuff the friendship, your kids happiness is more important, they will make other friends

1 Like

Follow your gut. It won’t get better as parents are part of the problem. Find a new group of friends for your daughter.

If the neighbor’s daughter ever comes by again, when she pouts, send her packing and on her way out tell her, “We only play nice here so now it’s time for you to go home and we are going to decorate cookies, or make a craft, or go camping in the living room.”

Talk to her mother about it. Tell her your concerns and explain that how her daughter is acting is hurting your child’s feelings and maybe try to get her to see that her kid’s actions effect others.

I wouldn’t go if it were me. My kids are no angels but that’s just manipulation on her daughter’s part and if she doesn’t get that under control her teen years are going to be hell on wheels.

If you really want to go, take separate vehicles so when she does her thing y’all can stay and they can leave. There is no reason for your children to miss out because her daughter won’t behave and she won’t correct her. She wonders why, just tell her the truth. You want to enjoy the day with your kiddos.

I reckon talk to the mam without the kids there… talk about how yous can handle that communication together…
maybe encourage talking through stuff with her when she wants to go home…
seeing if yous can fix it and move on… instead of just going home all the time!
Hope you can find some thing that works!

If you don’t wanna go to the water park definitely don’t go! Not worth it…
I’d probably want to chat to the mam before I meet up with the kids again

Your disciplines are very different and i know which one i prefer. Dont do outings with the spoilt child. It will end badly. The mother needs to know her daughter not only upsets your dsughter but yourself and the bed behaviour is a bad influence on your other children.

1 Like

Approach the other parent in a respectful way and express to her how you feel without telling her how to raise her kid.

1 Like

I would say you go. Make sure you are in your own car and that the neighbor is in her own car so if they decide to leave they can. Make it very clear to your children that they do not have to play with her if she’s being rude. Otherwise, especially if the kids already know about it, go and have a fun time

I wouldn’t go and I wouldn’t let my child play with her child if she doesn’t stop letting her child being the boss now that she only 5 it will only get worse if her child keeps acting like that she definitely won’t have any friends and neither will she

They have an only child and it sounds like the child doesn’t have to get along with others if she doesn’t want to. Just differences in parenting

1 Like

Ruin what relationship? I would avoid her. Let her come to you and air out your differences. I’d be frank with her about how rude she is to your daughter. This cannot be a one sided issue? Is she married? If so what’s the husband like? I wouldn’t go to the park with them until the mom changes her attitude. When she yelled at your daughter (only 5) I would’ve lashed out at her. She might be going through a bad situation with hubby or something. My. daughter has 6 kids. She’s 38. Beautiful family. Her neighbors are all very cordial. Several kids play together. If there was an issue she’d confront the person. Goodluck. I’d like to know how it turns out.

I would be honest and say how much you enjoy her company, but since her daughter does not seem to enjoy your kids it would be best to do an adult activity together went the Dad’s have the kids, or at least take separate cars so they can leave when they want and you can stay. I would tell that her daughters harsh words hurt your daughters feelings, and you don’t want to put her in that situation again.
I actually feel sorry for that girl! Her mother is not doing her any favors by letter her behave like that.

1 Like

It sounds like her daughter has a behavioural disorder, maybe autism or some other disorder. Maybe that’s why the mother gives in or doesn’t say anything. You could either stay away or warn your children not to take any notice of her.

1 Like

If it was me & my children?I would very slowly pull back from this relationship. The children’s friendship is not fun for either family. Your neighbours little girl thinks she is entitled. Steer your children into other activities &, give your children a chance to make other friends. During school time suggest to your neighbor now & again lets treat ourselves to a coffee at a cafe or similar. Take nibbles & a couple of toys for your toddler.
Or have your neighbor for coffee occasionally. Good luck! Have fun :laughing:

1 Like

Well I don’t see anything wrong with a child saying that they want to go home to regulate if getting too upset, but yelling to your daughter to leave should’ve been addressed by the mom. As hurting another’s feelings isn’t okay, and it doesn’t matter if the other child did it on purpose or is oblivious & doesn’t get it she needs to learn to be nicer.

Was the mom joking, or serious about the child telling her to get out of her own house?? Obviously if serious that’s a red flag to poor parenting letting a child disrespect like that.

Also to a child a lot of things take more importance to them that an adult would find trivial/silly, and not worth getting upset over. So you’re a little too judgmental of a pre-schooler.

You should probably have addressed the child’s yelling on the spot, but could also talk to the mom 1-on-1 about how she can parent however she wants but you won’t subject any of your children to being upset like that again (your child crying because her kid yelled like that). If she doesn’t want to work with you then you don’t have to let your kids be around her kid.

I’m sure you are good friends with the Neighbors the children by other parent is that child taken the initiative of being the parent she is allowing the child to make decisions on her own regardless of anyone’s feelings so therefore it might be best if y’all come like slowly get away because I don’t think it would be a good idea to let your children so shape was the other child because the parent is not letting the child is rising but your husband now things to realize that it could affect your children the way that we’re bringing them up and they may start being a little different or acting different so therefore it would not be a good situation for you to associate with the couple are the child because that child could say something happened and it didn’t happen or something to that effect So there are four you might want to look in associate was out there it may be funding place it might come down to that

1 Like

This is the issue with parents now a days. The parents are no longer parents they dnt act like parents the kids r the parents. Kids these days no longer have respect for their elders no manners. It’s sad

1 Like

If she is a brat at 5 and gets away with it heaven help the mother when she gets older sound like she rule her mother and will bring trouble to her door

I would not go. Why put yourself through the worry of it all. You do not need this in your life. Your neighbour & her daughter have issue’s that need to be addressed. Sounds like you are teaching your children proper behavior. Keep up the good work & don’t feel bad if you choose not to go. Your children should not have to put up with unacceptable behavior from anyone.

If you go, drive separate vehicles in case the mom has to take her little diva home early.

2 Likes

I would speak honestly with the other childs mother.
Tell her your feelings.
If the 5 year old continues and her mums does not do anything about.
I think you already know wheat you need to do.( stop going over there sop her coming over with her daughter and dont let your daughter play with her)
Explain to your daughter why you are doing this.
Hope this helps

If you have a bad feeling, don’t ignore it.

If you want to save face, go to the park all together when you have more control and oversight.

1 Like

The child may have some kind of behavior problem requiring professional help and it might not be that they just let her rule their house! Maybe the mother doesn’t want to share and maybe they’re waiting to find out what the problem is! That being said, that’s no reason for your child to end up feeling unhappy, angry , and other feelings she doesn’t deserve! Cancel the waterpark trip with them because you pretty much know what’s going to happen and it shouldn’t be ruined for your child! Take her yourself or with someone else! But nicely tell the mother that under the circumstances, your not willing to have your child’s day ruined ! If there is a valid problem with the child, the mother might share with you! If not, she might get mad, who knows, but let her know that you have to put your child first and if the play dates don’t change , your child is getting too upset to continue right now!

You should have said something to the little girl in calm words, to let it be known she needs to learn some manners! Ditch the day with them, go somewhere else fun, find a new friend that has manners, and is displayed.
Not good for your daughter, or your family, listen to your husband, no need to be friends, just because they live next door, she will get the hint, after you decline a few times or just be honest, your family’s well being comes first, and it’s just to upsetting to deal with her ways of non disipline parenting

Your neighbour is digging herself a big hole and is going to have one very spoilt brat who will have no friends . I wouldn’t let my kids near her if she treated them like that .

You need to bring your concerns to your neighbor. Many people carry on like it’s no big deal but if it is to you then have a talk with her about your noticings. Children will fight and make-up over and over, but this kid is probably a piece of work. If the relationship ends then so be it. You should never be in any relationship whereas you have to bite you tongue. Oh, and listen to your husband but be sure to at least explain why you don’t want to go with her and her child.

No parent wants to be told their child has issues.
I don’t care how forward thinking parents are, they don’t want to be told that their precious child is less than perfect.
This is true of all the people who are telling you to talk to the mom about her daughter’s behavior.
That being said, you can approach her but before saying anything negative make sure you tell mom a couple of things that the kid does well. Then you can say one thing that one of your kids does that bothers you or you wish he/ she did differently.
Then carefully ask her what she thinks about her daughter’s outbursts or does she feel okay with her kid asking to be taken hone or to kick people out.
Then if she is honest with herself, she will confide in you and you can present solutions that you may have tried with your kids and seen positive results or read about.
Anyway I hope this helps.

Only child sometimes are spoiled and treated differently.

1 Like

The parent or parents of the only child are creating or sounds like have already created a little monster which now they must get corrected before she gets worse. Myself I’d find a way to distance my kids from the little terror she has created. You cannot let a child control and manipulate you. You are and must remain in charge of your child’s behavior…this sounds totally unacceptable to me, I don’t care what the circumstances are you can not allow or tollerate this kind of behavior from a child. The mom of that child needs to step up and set some boundaries and some restraints on that little monster she has created. Myself I would not allow my kids to see that kind of behavior especially with the frequency that seems to be happening…that situation is not good for anyone and you need to either address the situation with the mother no matter if it costs the friendship or not. Maybe you could give some subtle advice to the mother? Maybe say something like “when my kids used to do that I found a 5 minuite time out worked wonders”…something to that effect. I remember my two girls fighting over a barbie doll in the back seat of the car and I pulled the car over took the barbie doll away and threw it right out the window. Told them anymore behavior like that that all their toys would be along the side of the road. Never had another argument in the car again.

Your husband & your gut are right! Don’t go! You 2 (or you someone else — maybe with a child or children that are better behaved) take your 3 & have a wonderful day some other time.

Don’t lie to your neighbor either. Tell her you just don’t see how y’all will be able to get through the day without several scenes & you don’t want to put yourself or your kids through that — particularly because it’s such a special outing.

Suggest politely that it will be best for her & her daughter to go alone so her daughter can have the attention she needs & your kids can have the fun they deserve. Don’t let her talk you out of your stand on the issue.

If she is relentless in trying to get you to change your mind, tell her nicely that you & your husband have already told your kids that the 2 of you have decided to take them so you can have fun as a family — & maybe she & her husband might want to think about a family outing for the 3 of them.

On the other hand, if she gets huffy & upset about what you say, continue to be nice; but tell her your kids don’t understand why her daughter acts the way she does & are getting confused about what is permissible behavior & why her daughter is not being taught to behave the way you require of them. Tell her you know it will be difficult & you hate to forego playtime for the kids & a little adult visitation with her, but that you & your husband believe it will be best to give all the kids a little time to grow & learn about respect without such mixed signals — & you hope that, at some point, they can reconnect in a better, less tumultuous way.

As you then turn to leave, tell her sincerely that you will genuinely miss having a playmate next door— and hope that the time apart may make the kids all realize that they have to be polite & respectful of everyone in their lives. Then, say goodbye, that you’ll see her later & walk away as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

If she tries to stop you, just say you have to get going right then, but maybe the 2 of you can have lunch without the kids one day or get together for a visit one evening after the kids are all asleep.

1 Like

Could be he child has sensory issues gets over whelmed and this is the only way she knows how to communicate that .

Try not to overthink it, all kids can be temperamental like adults sometimes. As I do to my all of my friends kids and how I enjoy my friends to care and talk to my kids like their own, say something to the child if she is saying or doing anything inappropriate and explain what they are doing and why that isn’t a nice thing to say! Her mumma is probably feeling a little exhausted constantly addressing things with her child (we all know how hard parenting can be sometimes), help a girl out and treat your friends kids as your own and your friends should and would appreciate the help and support. If they dont and its a problem then they are a problem relationship you probably dont want to keep like your husband suggested.

Well…first off…going to the waterpark…I suggest going in separate cars…just in case the little girl gets her feelings hurt or gets mad about something and wants to go home…then they can leave and you and you kids can then have some fun!

NO relationship is worth the verbal abuse of this child who is being a bully. I also would not want my children to see a negligent mother who allows this entitled behavior. Why are YOU so concerned about this relationship. Explain to the mother why you don’t want the child to come over anymore and accept the consequences. At 5, no child should be controlling the parent.

1 Like

Gather up the kids. And asked them if they have any issues with one another. You will be surprised and the way their minds work.
They have deeps thoughts like us adults but haven’t figured out a way to express it… either because they haven’t worked out their feelings or we as adults tell them they shouldn’t say stuff like that… but then it’s ok when we say stuff like that.

Don’t go. Always follow your gut, make something up, your child’s feelings and yours should be above that neighbor and her daughter.

1 Like
I would say steer clear of those toxic neighbors… this lady needs some parenting skills badly …this situation can only end badly for all concerned

Be straight out and tell the neighbor that you are taking your car, So if her child wants to go home before you get there or when you are there then you can stay longer with your children,

1 Like

It honestly sounds like the neighbor’s child might be on the spectrum. It doesn’t excuse how the neighbor’s kid behaves, so you should probably just have an honest conversation with her. Suggest taking different cars to the water park so that you can stay when the other kid inevitably wants to leave.

Take your own car, so the girl can leave when She wants too and your kids can stay .

I call it Lone Child Disease. It occurs when a parent only has one child whom is the center of their world. No way to fix.

Myself I wouldn’t go I would get her help as she needs it yes your husband is right don’t let her go let her kick and scream but always you be the boss not a 5 yr old

Honestly, go without the drama squad. Less chances of you and your kids not enjoying yourselves. She obviously has no control over her kid and doesn’t care.

How does your daughter feel? Does she want to play with this kid? If not… it’s that easy. If you decide to chance a visit to the water park go separately and if the child is hurtful towards yours then take yourselves someplace else in the park ( just say “I think it may be best to separate for awhile”) or go home. Easy. And don’t invite the child over to play anymore; let them interact in the front yard if they meet by chance. Sometimes kids aren’t very socially graceful when young… she’ll learn.

If you two have a close friendship , she would not be offended if you corrected her daughter…otherwise, she’s just your neighbor

1 Like

No. She sounds like a right brat. Def not until she can be pleasant to your children. . Next time she goes off at yours…Id say… that’s not how we speak to each other in our house. Come back when you can be a nice girl again.

Don’t bring her and go with your own kids. If she asks why say,”you don’t have control over your daughter and when she is rude you don’t correct her!” I wasn’t up for that at the water park.

1 Like

Take your 3 kids and go by yourself tell the mom the truth that your is uncomfortable with how your daughter treats her

Tell her, that her kid is rude, and treats your daughter like crap. Tell her that she needs to address that, otherwise you will be. Don’t tolerate that. Don’t let your daughter watch you tolerate that rude ass behaviour. You’re only teaching her that she should be quiet and complicit with the world around her, instead of speaking up and defending herself. Tell your daughter that the next time the neighbour girl treats her poorly, or upsets her, to tell the other girl that she doesn’t appreciate that tone and disrespect. If the other girl doesn’t like that, it’s on her, and her mother (maybe you too,) to educate the little shit on how to be polite and kind with others. Otherwise we’re going to end up with more little shits.

If you decide to go out with them, join them there. I would go in separate vehicles, that way if the neighbors daughter acts out (which she probably will) you and your kids can stay. Since the child is obviously in charge at their house. I would just tell her that: “since we may want to stay longer or leave earlier it would be best to go in separate vehicles”. Otherwise I wouldn’t go.

I’m unsure why everyone is slating the neighbours kid?! Surely you need to deal with your kids to make sure when they have guests over there not rude , nasty to make a 5 year old upset enough to leave!

1 Like

I had something similar happen almost 40 years ago and I’ve never forgotten it. I went to visit my friend, at the door before I went in, her 12 yr old daughter walked in and said “not you again” it just hit me wrong and I turned around and left. I was shocked that my friend didn’t say a word to her child. I would have been so angry if my child ever spoke to another adult like that. It affected our friendship and still yet I’m hurt by it. My son was born a year later and she kept asking me to come over with him, but I just couldn’t. She came to my house alot but I never got over how rude that girl was and couldn’t go back to her house unless the kid was gone. .

take your kids and dont go with them ! its very simple if a child parents are unable to correct their kids behaviour it means you should interfere in their business!

Hell no! My daughter once invited her classmate to come over and have a play time together in our house but same thing happen. Guess what? I told my daughter, 5 days are enough for them to play in school and see each other, i am no longer going to host for them to come over, play, buy em foods, spend money for them to be entertained for the activities and be unappreciated or be felt like we haven’t done anything to pleased them. Told my daughter that should serve us a lesson to be learned. Whatever you do, you’ll always be unappreciated with ungrateful, manneredless people. If i were you, i will be nice and all to them but invite them over and go on play, or you day will be ruined and feelings of your child will be hurt… hell no… not worth it!.

You tell that little spoiled brat neighbor girl that the next time she comes to play at your house with your kids and they yell at her to get out don’t be surprised!!! Thats ignorant and I definitely would have said something for sure. Also no trip either…it would be awkward and miserable with everyone on edge and trips are supposed to be fun

Her daughter is toxic and so is her mom. People like that are inconsiderate. I’d cut the relationship before it gets any worse.

If it was me, I’d come up with an excuse why I couldn’t go, and I’d do it now not later. Stick up for your daughter and don’t put her in that situation.

Its obvious the child is a spoiled brat and the boss in their house I wouldn’t go with them. Just take your own kids you will not have a relaxing vacation.

i wouldnt go, that child is a bad influence and if the mother isnt doing anything to correct that bad behaviour then its not fair for your kid to keep getting hurt or walking on eggshells because of their bratty behaviour. just because they are your neighbour doesnt mean you should feel obligated to be besties or your kid to feel obligated to have a toxic friendship.

I would try talk to mum away from the kids ! but go in separate cars then if the kids kick off you speak to them all and the little girl as if she was yours! X

Don’t go, bad behavior, and Mom is letting her get away with it, could rub off, No, No, No

Choose other children for your children to play with. Your neighbor doesn’t seem to share the same child rearing principles as you and her child is relating well with yours. You can show your children that they can choose their friends, friends that will play with them without toxic effect. It’s sad that your neighbor’s child is so negative but your children shouldn’t be made to play with her if things always turn bad.

Don’t go. Tell her why.
Make it a fun day for your three.

Tell the little girl, you’ll miss her, and pull a fun activity just as she is leaving, Play dough, costumes, decorating cookies, whatever. Then wave and escort her and her mom out.

Don’t do it if distance yourselves because your just gonna get your daughters feelings hurt and tbh thats so unfair to your daughter

Omg … They are kids… Are you the same when you were a child… I bet not

Sounds like the kid has problems and the parents making it acceptable n so there fore it’s allowable in her eyes :woman_facepalming:t4:

To me it’s a neighbour id be happy not to bond with… no loss is it

Don’t go. And IF you do , drive separately, have a discussion before with your children about boundaries and allowing others to treat them disrespectful. They are not this tyrants verbal punching bag. If it becomes an issue go off and enjoy alone.

Personally I wouldn’t go… Wouldn’t be a fun day out by either of you.

I wouldn’t go and I would tell her the girls need a break from each other for a while

1 Like

Ask your daughter if she wants to go hang out with her,