I cannot take birth control and my husband will not get a vasectomy: Advice?

Use condoms, use a female condom, non hormonal implant, tubes tied or get a new partner if you guys can’t compromise

2 Likes

I have had blood clots and can only use an IUD. It’s been fine. No side effects.

Pull out like a mustang at a car show.

4 Likes

I would do what your husband do too crazy women

I have the copper iud and I love it. Never had an issue. I was scared of it before I got one. Now I wish I had gotten one sooner :joy:

3 Likes

Get your tubes tied…

3 Likes

His body, his choice.

6 Likes

Condoms. Spermicide. Plan B. Get your tubes tied. My husband chose to have a vasectomy so I don’t have to deal with anything since he doesn’t want me undergoing surgery again.

2 Likes

What ever you do, do NOT tie your tubes!

2 Likes

Use a condom.
I also have a blood clotting disorder and used the pill for over a decade. It didn’t do anything negative to me that I noticed🤷🏼‍♀️
My husband didn’t want to get a vasectomy for a long time so it was condoms or no sex - period.
Having a blood clotting disorder is definitely a good reason to not take a contraceptive for birth control and getting your tubes tied is a longer healing time and a WAY more invasive procedure and is actually not recommended for those with clotting disorders due to the higher risk of complications including death. So, if he isn’t on board with the snip-snap, it’s condoms. There’s not a whole lot that can be done as it’s his body and his choice. If he doesn’t want to wear them, the female condom is an option or just do everything but have sex.
Good luck.

1 Like

vasectomy is usually the only surgical or invasive method with fewest side effects

Is Nuvaring out of the question? It has low dose hormones but it’s localized so you’re not ingestion it like a pill.

What maybe the disco , rock or a slow dance type rhythm

1 Like

No more sex until hubby has a vasectomy. :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

My daughter is Factor V Leiden and she uses an IUD. Placed 6 years ago…no issues.

1 Like

Condoms, diaphragm, cervical cap.

I had the one in the arm. Nexaplan (or something like that) was great and when it was time for that to be removed after 3 years of having it I got my rubes tied. There’s condoms and plan b and all that as well…I am very bad anemic with high clotting issues as well and I had no troubles

You can get a diaphragm.

There’s an IUD without hormones. Then, there’s condoms, diaphragms and spermicide gel, monitoring basal body temperature, tracking your periods and ovulation, etc. Your doctor is the one to ask this question. Just because there’s side effects, doesn’t mean you’ll have them. At the end of the day, you can’t sit there and be choosey with what options you have available to your needs. Either u care to try and minimize pregnancy as much as possible or you take that chance. The methods I gave require utilizing another form of contraceptive.
That’s selfish of your husband. However, it is his body and he has a right to refuse just as much as you refuse options for contraception too. Y’all must not care too much about not making babies :tipping_hand_woman:t2:…if that’s what you really want.
Best bet is to consult with your GYN, not FB.
Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Aw poor husband. No snip snip, no sex!

Tell your husband you’ll have sex after he gets a vasectomy. :woman_shrugging: You had the babies, he shouldn’t have a problem getting a vasectomy.

4 Likes

I am pretty sure there is an IUD without hormones!
Condoms
Or simply no sex until you have some sort mutual understanding/ agreement sorted🤷‍♀️

Get a battery operated boyfriend and ditch the husband.

8 Likes

Track cycle and pull out :woman_shrugging:t2:

He can either a) man the fuck up and get the vasectomy, which is not invasive and he can literally get up and go to work the next day or b) have your tubes completely removed

5 Likes

I have the nexplanon bar in my arm. If you can use it I recommend it. I don’t notice it but it works well for me and I’ve had no issues. I’m also a T1 diabetic so hormones are funky for me and this has been amazing. Way better than pill, patch or depo.

I’ve been on an iud for 7 years I have the 10 year one. Paraguard and it has no hormones. Best thing I’ve ever done for myself.

2 Likes

Paraguard IUD has no hormones

1 Like

So don’t have sex. Simple.

6 Likes

Condoms or vaginal contraceptive gel

You get fixed why should he if you won’t :thinking:

1 Like

Sex after vasectomy and maybe some toys while you wait :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Pull out method, based on your ovulation days. Use condoms or abstinence on ovulation days. This worked for 5 years for us. The depo povera shot may be of interest to you if it wouldnt affect your blood clotting disorder. I had an IUD for a year and loved the freedom it gave me. Theres also tube tying, but it’s kind of a major surgery. Hope you don’t mind this question, but why is he so opposed to the vasectomy? With my hubby and I this was an easy decision, even though he was terrified of the surgery. He said, you did all of the legwork with all of babies, carrying them, having the c-sections after complications, that the least I can do is get snipped for you. He got it, it went well, and even though part of his recovery was a little longer than he wanted, he was quite happy with the results. He said he is happy knowing we are preserving our family at 4 the way we always planned, and he had thought long and hard about even if he and I were no longer together for some reason, that he wouldn’t want any more kids. But he would tell your hubby, based on his experience, it’s so worth it not worrying about making more kids!

The copper IUD has no hormones

1 Like

I had mirena for 7 years no issues. But on another note, pull out method, condoms, spermicide

1 Like

Tracking your cycle is definitely not a 100% effective just like pulling out. Both of those can end up in a pregnancy. I have an IUD and I have not had any negative side effects, in fact, I wish I would have gotten a very long time ago.

So ur not feeling the iud but want him to have a surgery tf

1 Like

Why can’t you get your tubes tied?

1 Like

Diagram or Cap, non hormonal and easy to use. If used appropriately is highly effective.

2 Likes

I had an IUD for years and I never ever had any side effects. The mirena requires no effort, and there’s no weight gain or crazy hormone phases associated with it.

Have you asked about the implant? I just got it last week and I love it so far.

Take parenting classes🤷‍♀️

Don’t have sex with him unless he does it lol. :joy::joy: I bet he’ll change his tune.

2 Likes

There are strips you can buy that dissolve inside of you 15 mins before sex, they work great… otherwise track your ovulation days

1 Like

Make him wear condoms. He does not need to be put under for a vasectomy, as such it is less risky for him to have vasectomy than you to get tubes tied or have historectomy. Marina and implants all affect hormones and as such not suitable for someone with a clotting disorder. Condoms is a compromise for you both :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I had the copper iud with no issues. Besides just heavier bleeding and stronger cramps. However I’m willing to gothrough those to not get pregnant again lol. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Then you get fixed. Pretty easy. Apparently you don’t want kids is you want him fixed. It is your responsibility to prevent pregnancy. It’s your body. He shouldn’t have to go thru surgery because you won’t. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

Being clipped means nothing when in a couple years you can have kids again I believe it’s a waist vasectomy baby’s are real ask my husband

Spermicide? Condoms?
Do y’all want kids in the future? There are options out there that won’t require a vasectomy and then a reversal if y’all want kids in the future. If you don’t want kids, he should def step up, but if you do, there are options that won’t require him going under the knife twice.

1 Like

Talk to your doctor about having your tubes tied?

Man it’s almost like women should be able to get their tubes tied when they want to.

Pretty sure they sell a woman’s spermicide. I used it between my children (4 years) and never had a problem

1 Like

Either have more kids, get on some birth control, or get your tubes tied. :woman_shrugging: Seems like common sense.

4 Likes

Cut him off. I told mine (after a year of of being insane from hormones) that he n get snipped, or we can stop having sex. He had the surgery.

6 Likes

Have a baby? Lol just kidding… condoms are birth control…

CONDOMS. but I think it’s gross your husband won’t get a vasectomy. it’s far less invasive and a much easier recovery than getting your tubes tied. he’s being selfish, especially since you can’t get on birth control. I’d stop having sex with him.

11 Likes

Paraguard copper IUD. It’s non hormonal I’ve had no side effects.

1 Like

Get your tubes tied.

1 Like

Just had my 8th and last baby (1 with my ex rest have been adoptions) #8 was finally mine and my hubs had a c section told the doc and signed 2 weeks before to tie and burn my tubes no more babies before he started the c section asked me if i was sure and i said cut burn and tie them bitches no more for me

1 Like

Look up vcf (vaginal contraceptive film) spermacides. Put them in, dissolve in 20 min and youre good for 3 hours

Phexxi - a new non hormonal contraceptive gel. A prescription is needed.

Spermicide, condoms, permanent birth control or anal :rofl:

Get pregnant lol. Literally exactly my situation and I accidentally got pregnant. He got a vasectomy 5 months later.

Condoms…his body so it’s his choice. My body my choice isn’t just for women. There is also no hormone birth control out there. Tubes tied but you still can get pregnant. There is no for sure birth control. You still have a chance no matter what. Even from a vasectomy.

1 Like

Get your tubes tied?

5 Likes

Don’t have sex with him

10 Likes

I have a blood clotting disorder too (factor v leiden) - I got my tubes tied after having my 2nd child. Very little pain, was up and holding my baby a few hours later.

No vasectomy, no sex.

13 Likes

Get tubes tied or double the condom. I think there is a shot for men to take in the penis that he can get every so often

1 Like

I have a blood clotting disorder too. I got the Implanon and it’s been amazing. 18months and no period :joy::ok_hand:t3: best side effect ever

2 Likes

There are so many non surgical ways to prevent pregnancy. Do your research. Natural Family Planning is very effective if done correctly.

1 Like

Make him use condoms

8 Likes

I have the same thing and you can get the shot :roll_eyes: but I would never suggest birth control, that’s the devils advocate, DONT HAVE SEX IF YOU DONT WANT KIDS… You can still get pregnant on birth control, tied tubes, and condoms

2 Likes

The very effective pull out method :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The women always have to make choice, sooo many men won’t use condoms or have snip, it always falls to the women. After everything us women have to deal with, periods, giving birth, rearing kids why shouldn’t the man be responsible to do his part. Why should she get her tubes tied? I’m a single parent due to men having their fun but not taking responsibility for the outcome. Men need to take responsibility for having sex not just the women.

12 Likes

Sounds like he doesn’t want coochie. Issue solved

5 Likes

Any partner who doesn’t respect your choices and your body enough to get clipped… doesn’t need to be your partner. He clearly doesn’t see you as an equal if he’s willing to put all the responsibility on you. Run while you can

2 Likes

I’m in (or was in) the same boat with my blood clotting issue. I’m currently 18 weeks with my pull out method baby :rofl: my husband is getting a vasectomy. In fact, if he doesn’t get one before I have this baby he doesn’t even get to look at me without there being violent repercussions lol. Tell your husband to sack up. :roll_eyes: thats reversible, a super simple procedure, and doesn’t put you at any sort of risks for issues with side effects from BC!

4 Likes

Go to marriage counseling and get to the root of this issue! Talk to him about the issue and dont ask FB.:woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

I’d tell him he can get snipped or he’s not getting sex, plain and simple. Go get yourself some toys and leave him high and dry until he sees reason :joy: on a real note though, if the other options are dangerous for you and you don’t want to deal with the mess of BC, then a simple, reversible procedure should be a no brainer

2 Likes

You could get your tubes tied? And put him on a ban lol x

1 Like

This probably a women’s page but I’ve had the vasectomy and it literally takes 15mins, barely feel anything. He needs to man up, you gave him kids I assume so he should this one thing for you.

20 Likes

I heard Marina is good!

Have you thought or heard of Essures? Ora hormoneless and it’s reversible

Get the Flo app will tell you when your fertile or not

1 Like

Guess he gets to wear condoms :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Well I guess you are getting a hysterectomy.

1 Like

Simple condoms
Not pull out unless you want a baby!!

2 Likes

You don’t want an IUD because the side effects and he doesn’t want surgery on his balls … sounds like your at a standstill … Divorce it is … lol :joy:

3 Likes

They make these wonderful little things called condoms…get some

3 Likes

Start learning all you can about NFP. It actually is a very reliable science if you work the tracking methods. It’s a lot of extra work, but you can find support groups who will help you learn the process. If you can keep up with the steps I can give a 99.99% guarantee that you will not get pregnant.

1 Like

Get the Dr to talk with him. Vasectomy proceedure is minimal compared to what a woman would have to do. He also doesn’t lose his sexual ability. That mostly is what they are afraid of.

1 Like

Take control of this situation and get your tubes tied… whether you “feel” it or not. Otherwise you’d better be prepared for more little ones.

11 Likes

Put it on him unless he wants more children. I don’t understand why women let men put this all on them. Your body went to through enough having babies, they can deal with the snip.

23 Likes

Make him use condoms or go without sex until he agrees to get a vasectomy. Seriously all that we women go through to birth their babies into the world. That’s the least he can do is get snipped, once you both decide you’re done having children…

35 Likes

I personally think whoever wants it more should be the one responsible for preventing birth. Go without, whoever caves first has to get birth control taken care of before the act happens :woman_shrugging:

18 Likes

For anyone saying condoms let me tell you miscarriages 1-4 all while also on BC. And that’s why I don’t do BC anymore. Me and my hubby agreed when we’re done having kids he’s getting snipped. It’s easier and cheaper for him than for me. If your sex drive is high, use toys. Don’t include him in your fun. When you guys decide what form of pregnancy prevention you can agree on and get done, then have sex. Just have your own fun without him until then.

27 Likes

Looks like you’re pregnant and due next year. Lol! But seriously tho. You have more options, you just don’t want to use them. And if you want him to be permanently sterile, why won’t you get your tubes tied?? It’s not as invasive. I got a small scar over my belly button and a good night’s sleep.

11 Likes

Can’t believe some of these comments in saying hubby should have the surgery just because it’s less invasive allegedly. That doesn’t matter. He doesn’t want to and you can’t make him and to pressure him into it is unfair to do so.
There are more options for you then there are for him. I can’t do hormonal contraceptives but I have the copper IUD. It’s the best one I have used so far. It’s either that, go back to condoms or don’t have sex :woman_shrugging:

If your not wanting to get your tubes tied and he does not want a vasectomy, you do not want to use any other form of birth control and You state you have a high drive. Well unless you and him develop some self control expect to have more babies. Its honestly your choice and his choice you either choose a form of contraceptives or one of you have surgery or you end up with more babies unless you two choose to have self control. I hate to be blunt but its not that difficult your OB/GYM gives you options you choose to use them or not everything has side effects does not matter what you do I can not use condoms because I am allergic to them so we all make choices and then live with them.

11 Likes