I Don't Know What to Do About Trick-or-Treating This Year Due to COVID-19: Advice?

Perhaps decorate inside your house and have fun games… you and your husband play hide n seek and every time your kids find yas, they get a few lollies

I live in an apartment complex. I had maybe 5 kids all at once one year. I generally do get kids. I might get done just in case but I say go

We’re having a Halloween party with a small group of friends. Majority of them will be infants so the littles that are 4, 5 and 6 won’t be around a lot of other people.

We will be going trick or treating!! Even if it isn’t allowed, we will do it on our own street! :grinning:

2 Likes

We are going to do something fun for the kids. But we aren’t trick or treating

Stop being fearful and go trick-or-treating!

2 Likes

It’s tough to say. On one hand, you can easily take a lysol wipe and wipe all the candy after the night is over, but on the other hand, there might not even be people handing out candy to begin with. It would suck to waste all that money and time just to find out most of your neighbourhood didnt participate.

I saw a post about neighbourhoods doing pumpkin trails. Everyone puts picture in window and children get sweets for each one spotted. No door to door contact!

Going to have a Halloween party with my social bubble( 10 indoors and 25 outdoors by province law)

I am still unsure, i already told kids it maybe cancelled this year, so not too upset, near the time,

nah. my kiddo cannot handle mask and its just not worth it to us. we normally go to a different town and walk their main street shop front to shop front but too many people

We’re going to go! It’s just my 5 year old and she’s in school.

1 Like

Nope! We’re having our own family party, scary movie, pumpkin pinata, and food.

I don’t like my kids doing it. We teach our kids stranger danger all year but allow them to collect candy from them once a year. Makes no sense

We plan to decorate the house, make themed scary snacks, put on Halloween movies and party at home. 💁

1 Like

I haven’t took my kids trick or treating like I use too whwn I was a kid n almost 3 years I let them pick out thwre costume and then I let them go to store of thwre choice and pick out one toy and a bag of candy they choose I don’t trust others not to do something crazy to the candy Ik I’m not risking it

I feel it will be okay since your outside and most people will have masks on. They get exposed more indoors at school.

Why don’t all the neighbors plan something on your block

1 Like

We live in the fingerlakes region of NY so if it is not snowing here we may go out.

1 Like

My daughter doesn’t like costumes and masks so no point in me taking her this year and she’s 2 :woman_shrugging:so maybe next year

We’re going this year. My kids are 2 and 12 so this will probably be the last year my oldest will want to go and the first year my youngest is showing actual interest

Yes. We have like 7 cases where I live are! We are back to work and school full time. Everything is open again. Very minimal risk

Definatley going out

We’re planning to stay in this year. They can still dress up, knock on our bedroom door and we’ll give them candy. Then take out the inflatable mattress and have a spooky movie marathon!

We are celebrating at home i can get my kids some candy they dont need to go out for more

I’m not sure.
But i will make it fun either way. Maybe kids costumes party.

A friend and I were talking about this… were deciding to get the boys together and hiding candy outside and they can go look for it with flashlights(like Easter egg hunt but in the dark) and then watch a Halloween movie together after!

It kind of is the same. But mines will not be trick or treating this year. I’m also doing virtual learning. I rather be 100% safe than sorry. This year my girls and I will be getting unicorn onesies, watching scary movies, baking cookies and making halloween chocolates.

I saw a post on fb suggesting our local area put out pumpkins so the kids can do a socially distanced pumpkin trail

No, we will be doing candy palooza at home with possibilities of s’mores, campfire and movies.

Nope. I’m doing it like Easter version, make him hunt for candies in our backyard

1 Like

No trick or treating. Just Scary movies. Candy hunt, and caramel apples at home.

We are having a Halloween party with family. Cupcakes, candy, probably some games and maybe a movie.

Nope, we’re going to have a candy hunt instead this year.

1 Like

I am making some Halloween goodie bags to drop off at our friends who won’t go trick or treating with their kids (so reverse trick or treating kinda), my city has low Covid numbers, but the city that’s 10 miles over has crazy high numbers so they will be the ones I’m dropping the treats off at!!!

It’s not worth the hassle. With all the chaos in the world, don’t chance it.

2 Likes

I’m apprehensive. Maybe we’ll just ride around in a wagon and costumes. Not really into getting other’s candy

So people wear mask anyway for costumes, what’s the problem? Lol, they will not be keeping the candy though. I already have a stash for them to switch it out. :grin:

Yes we are going trick or treating my kids aren’t going to miss holidays while every one losing their brains

a lot of the churches have a TRUNK OR TREAT…cars park in the parking lot with trunks open, some decorate, and each one passes out candy.

We are doing a Halloween treasure hunt & Pumpkin hunt(instead of egg hunt) at grandma’s rather than go trick or treating this year

Yes, I will definitely be taking the kids out.

Got cancelled here but with my siblings kids plus mine makes over 7 kids, I’m doing a Halloween party for them

I want to take the kids AND pass out candy this year

1 Like

Party at home great kids detailed party with a few friends or cousins with everything imaginable Halloween themed food crafts movies and I bought glow in the dark eggs f​:black_heart::jack_o_lantern::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::jack_o_lantern::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::jack_o_lantern::black_heart::fire::fire::black_heart::jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern::black_heart::fire::fire::black_heart::jack_o_lantern::mosquito::mosquito::black_heart::fire::fire::jack_o_lantern::black_heart::mosquito::mosquito::black_heart::fire::fire::black_heart::jack_o_lantern::black_heart::mosquito::mosquito::black_heart::fire::fire::jack_o_lantern::black_heart::mosquito::mosquito:or a candy hunt

Heard on the radio Indiana still doing theirs but there be guidelines or something like that…but I’m still deciding but might just take them around our private lake community in Bedford or buy candy n do like baskets not quite sure yet

Left it up to kiddo. He is not cool with it. No worries! :v::heart:

1 Like

If those kids can risk going to schook through rona they can trick or treat. 2020 has been terrible. Its would be even more terrible to take halloween from them.

Nope gonna let them dress up and just order some pizzas & have some candies ready in a big bowl with some Halloween movies not because of this whole virus just doing what we did last year but something more different…

Hell no I am going to keep them home where its safe

1 Like

Nope we are staying up late watching movies ordering pizza and eating candy

1 Like

My kids are older, they are done. I work 3rd shift, it was fun till it lasted.

Go with what you feel…if your nervous about then maybe do a Halloween party for them

If you take your kids to walmart or let them go to school you can take your kids trick or treating . Its absolutely ridiculous that this is even a question or a concern

If I had kids young enough, yes I would be dressing them up & trick or treating.

Yeah we will be going! I don’t think it’s a big deal just wash your hands before and after trick or treating.

1 Like

Dress up your kids and do Halloween Easter style.
Hide the candy around the house and have them find it

Well I say no stay home be safe and have your own trick/treating@home with your kids play games I would not take my kids to get candies from RANDOM PEOPLE not knowing where they been and some People don’t care to let you know they are sick or some one in the family just letting you know how I feel Bless Day🙏

2 Likes

Staying home and having a family halloween party. Im pregnant and cant take the risk

wrapped treats only…most kids wont eat all the treats they should wear masks and be safe

We will be. We don’t trick or treat in a group so there is no close contact. We will have them wear their mask and make them wash their hands.

No, I’m attending a trick or weeds event. It’s family friendly and it’s at a castle.

Yup we are going. I have a 6 y/o,4 y/o,15 month old and my youngest will be 3 months on Halloween. Im not worried in the slightest.

1 Like

Halloween is American anyway. We live in Australia

Yup! Just hope our town doesn’t cancel or we’ll be driving elsewhere to go!

School is mandatory… trick or treating is optional… whatever is priority to u

Mine will be going, no real reason they shouldn’t!

No, we’re doing our own thing at home.

Gonna have ourselves a party and hide candy and go crazy and howl at the moon

1 Like

Definitely!!! Going out and enjoying the fall weather with the family.

3 Likes

Halloween has been banned in several places due to rona

1 Like

No. Were gonna have a costume party at home and order pizza :pizza:

Instead of lollies, I’ll give them sanitizers, masks and gloves :joy::joy::joy:

My city isn’t allowing it this year.

We are having trick or treat at home

Probably not, just to be safe! It’d be cute to dress them up and trick or treat to different rooms in the house like a game or maybe to families houses! Or like a trick or treat hunt instead of Easter eggs haha

Yes if you can go to a store with a mask on you can go trick or treating with one as well so buy a costume that has a mask and have fun and make memories with your kids!

I plan to take my boys out. They’re 12.

Yup! Our neighborhood is still trick or treating

2 Likes

I think people should choose to wear the gold or not just be safe and well hope everybody has a wonderful Halloween one of my favorite holidays :jack_o_lantern::maple_leaf::jack_o_lantern::maple_leaf::sunglasses:

No way I’m taking my grandsons not safe!

1 Like

I will be taking my grandson

2 Likes

Yes I’m taking my son even if I just take him to family

2 Likes

Yes. Halloween will continue as usual for us.

1 Like

Mine are going. They have been through enough this year.

1 Like

Nope we’re not! Family is coming over maybe a couple of our inner circle neighbours that’s it!!!

1 Like

I want to take my daughter. Hopefully people will be handing out candy

No my daughter won’t be going not with Corona

4 Likes

We are throwing a halloween party & spending the evening with family. Lots of food, candy, desserts & games​:jack_o_lantern::ghost:

We won’t be this year. I have some other fun things planned.

We are doing a snail mail Halloween! Easier on the kids and it’s like Christmas to them to lol

Yes I will be taking my son and grandsons.

has the govt. taken enough of our lives away? kids need to be kids!

2 Likes

We’re dressing up for a candy hunt and games. Etc

Stay Home you can make Halloween treats with them do a bonfire toast marshmallows etc

Absolutely not. The virus will spread rampant if fun and normalcy is involved!

29 Likes

Im taking my kids trick or treating

1 Like

Covid aside, this world is not the same as the world was back when my boys were young. It was safer out there. They could play in the yard without fear of being snatched up or something worse, I could take them trick or treating without worry about child sex trafficking everywhere or people lacing candy,. Etc. The world we live in now is just EVIL. My grandbabies parents have chosen to play it safe and have a party at home for them and their cousins. Lots of food, fun and laughter.

God Gave all of us that little voice you hear for a reason.

We will be camping Halloween weekend. Decorating our campsite and trick or treating there. :jack_o_lantern::ghost::candy::lollipop::camping:

We have a junk food night and buy lots of candy ohh yeah dress up