I feel like my fiance doesn't want me to look pretty

Do it!! cut your hair do your make up feel amazing

1 Like

Oh no no no. I was married to a man like this. Told me I couldn’t wear short dresses (I’m talking like above like where the top of my knee is) told me I couldn’t wear red lipstick. I would literally put it on and feel good and then baby wipe it off bc I knew he’d be mad. And I also wasn’t “allowed” to wear shirts that show cleavage or if I bent over had the gap in them or whatever. I couldn’t live like that anymore. My boyfriend no tells me to wear whatever, do my hair however. All that!! He has “suggestions” he calls them😂 (and not many bc he says I look good no matter what) but he would never tell me what to wear or anything. I can’t imagine having a man tell me what to do ever again. EVER. I lost myself completely in my marriage. Don’t lose yourself, Mama❤️

4 Likes

Your guy should want you to look good and feel good. I usually don’t care about my hair or makeup and my guy has to remind me to do them and look pretty lol :joy: maybe try talking to him that you wanna look and feel good not only for yourself but him as well. See what happens.

2 Likes

Do what you want he’s not in charge of you n it’s your body so if u want to wear makeup n cut your hair then do it n if he doesn’t like it and brings you down because of it then that just means he isn’t the right one for you. If he going to accuse you of cheating then that more likely means he’s already cheating or planning on cheating. Don’t let no man dictate what you wear nor how you look regardless if you think they’re a good guy or if you love them. You need to do what makes you happy

Guess what your body your hair you want to cut it you cut it don’t ever let a man tell you you cannot do whatever you want to do to your body

1 Like

You tell that man to get over himself and stop trying to push you away! Did he really fall in love with your hair, or YOU? Having a baby and taking care of a baby is the best feeling in the world, but on the flip side of that, it ain’t easy! If changing up your hairstyle and wearing some makeup is gunna make you feel better, I say go for it!! If he truly loves you, he’ll love you with long hair, short hair, no hair. Period. And the whole cheating comment? That’s just his own insecurities lashing out. You do what makes YOU feel good right now girl. You need to be in a good place-physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually-in order to be the best version of you for yalls baby AND your fiancé! He needs to understand that. Best of luck to you and congratulations on the baby!!

Hes. Not. A. Good. Guy.

Good guys don’t pull that shit

1 Like

Screams he’s already cheated to me.

5 Likes

If it’s gonna make you feel good then do it He will get over it

3 Likes

Do what you want to do. If he is going to get funny over it then thats his own fault.

Do what you need to do for yourself. Cut your hair, do your makeup. Feel good about yourself. He’ll get over it. And if he doesn’t, than that’s not the kind of guy you want anyways.

3 Likes

He’s insecure about his self and is afraid of the what ifs…or he’s cheating

4 Likes

Baby girl… Red flag central!! It will only get worse from here!!! Don’t stay…

3 Likes

cut 1/2 inch per week, not that noticeable…:blush:

that’s some red flags. controlling. your body your choice. if he can’t support what makes you happy I would question

3 Likes

I hate when a man tries to keep a woman in a tiny little box and uses his fears to control her . Slap some makeup on cut your hair and tell him to grow some balls either he trust you or he don’t and if there’s no trust there’s no real love there you will see what I’m saying if you stay with this man and enough time passes you will see exactly what I’m saying

Some guys don’t care for makeup on women. And most guys love long hair…
I would give it some deep consideration and soul searching.

1 Like

Do what makes you feel good and don’t be afraid to tell him you want it for YOU!

1 Like

Girl do wtf you want to do, you are grown. Don’t let anyone treat you like your child.

Do what feels good to you. He can’t possibly be that superficial, and if he is then you are better without him.

If u haven’t dolled yourself up since u been with him why start now obviously it wasn’t important to u to make ur self look good while with him in the beginning that in my eyes would tell me there someone else u trying to look good for

5 Likes

Get out while you can. It will only get worse

2 Likes

Your body. Your choice. Period.

2 Likes

Darling, it is YOUR hair, and YOUR face, and YOUR body, you should do whatever you’d like to with them. His insecurities are not your responsibility. He sounds incredibly insecure, and if you haven’t already, I’d try explaining that you want to do those things to make yourself feel good, not for anyone else. Also, if you feel like you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t, do what you want to, the result won’t change much. I was always told that if you know you’re going to get in trouble either way, then do what you want to do. He’ll either deal or he won’t, and if he doesn’t, that’s a sign that you may want to consider whether it’s worth stifling your self-expression just to ease his ego. I wish you all the very best, and CONGRATULATIONS on your tiny wonder!

Sounds like he is insecure and a bit controlling… not god at all

3 Likes

My husband hates makeup because of the smell but would not ever tell me I can put it on if I really wanted too! Also while I ask my husband opinion about hair cuts he does not tell me what I can’t do. That definitely red flags! My ex use to do that to me and say those things.

1 Like

Do what makes you happy. Your body, your choice. I always say when you look good, you feel good and after having a baby you are totally allowed to feel good about yourself. If your fiance cannot support you then he have some issues that he needs to resolve. His issues are not yours to process but his and if he really wants to he will. But don’t let him make you feel bad about yourself.

Do what you want/need to feel better. Does he consult you when he gets his hair done? (As in, I doubt it).Why do you think you need his permission?

1 Like

Do what you want. That’s so wrong. He will make you miserable. That’s not fair at all.

3 Likes

Never be with someone that feels they can dictate or critize how you look. That’s a sign of controlling and abuse. I’m willing to bet those are not the only things wrong with him. You’ve only been together a year and a half. It took my ex a year to start beating me, controlling my hair and makeup and life. It started just how you’re saying though. Good luck.

1 Like

Some guys aren’t attracted to short hair. My hubby loves me and I could cut my hair short if I want to but both him and I don’t like short hair and maybe your guy doesn’t either. He probably loves you and attracted to you just the way you are and doesn’t want you to change because you’re perfect the way you are now. My hubby doesn’t like me wearing makeup either but only because he doesn’t want to get makeup on himself and he doesn’t like the smell. Also, it makes sense, if someone starts dressing up/working out, out of the blue after years of not, the first thing I would think is they are probably cheating or planning to cheat.

Maybe he doesn’t like women with short hair or makeup since that is how you met him.

Your body, your life. Do you what makes YOU feel good and happy

1 Like

Just do what makes you happy. If it’s gonna make or break your relationship, over a haircut and makeup, it wasn’t that stable to begin with.

Most men seem to think girls wear makeup to please them or something. I wear makeup once in awhile because i like the way i look with it on. My husband thinks I look like a different person and he prefers my natural face. Some men think it’s to attract other men. In REALITY it’s to make ourselves feel better out in public. Having a baby can have a HUGE impact on a person’s self esteem.

Don’t let a man dictate what you can and can’t do… Tell him how you feel. Tell him you value his opinion, but it’s time you do something for yourself, not him, not others, but you.

1 Like

Hair grows back and make up washes off

1 Like

Do what you want. His insecurities aren’t your responsibility.

1 Like

Red flags :triangular_flag_on_post: !!! I wouldn’t be marrying him. He’s going to be so controlling once y’all are married

7 Likes

People are creatures of habit. Changes scares some people!

Be open and honest.

He will adjust change is hard

1 Like

I’m just gonna leave this here, it’s always the ones who have " cheated" to worry of thier SIGNIFICANT other will, and your hair and maje- up? Wouldn’t even be a question, JUST DO IT- If that lil change is gonna make him insecure than you have a bigger issue with him, before you walk down that isle I’d reevaluate it

1 Like

Do it anyways :woman_shrugging:.

This is why I always say get to know someone before bringing life into the world with them.

Good luck.

Tell him exactly what you just wrote: that after having a baby, you want a change & to look and feel pretty. It sounds like he’s got his own insecurities. That deserves a conversation.

U don’t need his permission or approval to cut your hair n wear make up!!! If he loves u it shouldn’t matter… STOP THE CONTROLING BEHAVIOUR NOW before it escalates! X

Do what makes you feel good. Cut your hair.

Why ask? Just fucking do it.

1 Like

Its not about what he likes. Its your body, your choice. Its about supporting you on what you want to do. If you’re not allowed and he makes remarks then its time to leave.

1 Like

You have to do what makes you feel good about yourself. Hair grows back and makeup washes off.

3 Likes

Please don’t marry him. These control issues will only get bigger and worse. I can’t stress this enough!!

3 Likes

Girl, do what you want with your body! Don’t ever let a man tell you what to do. Do what makes you happy!!!

3 Likes

Its important you feel good about yourself. Particularly after giving birth when your body changes so much and we can get a bit depressed about how we look.
If he loves you he will understand that you need this.
A little makeup is not going to make that much difference to how you look but will make a huge difference to your self esteem as will a visit to the hairdresser.
If you want to do it…just do it.

4 Likes

You set yourself up for failure with the make up thing and clearly he likes long hair lol u r trying to change the girl he fell in love with yea of course he thinks weird things when u r trying to drastically change your look

2 Likes

He Is controlling you! It’s not gonna stop. I would run if I were you!

1 Like

He is insecure. But from experience and others I know it also sounds very controlling. It starts with guilting you and after marriage it’s all about control. Be careful! Talk to him but don’t marry him until it’s resolved.

2 Likes

Change your hair. I’m sure hes not gonna leave you because you changed your hair and if he does you deserve a 1000 times better.

4 Likes

It’s your body, he sounds insecure or something. Do what you want!

Sounds like you need to be telling this to him and not Facebook. Commutation is key and seems like y’all need to just talk to each other. A relationship has 2 sides and it’s not all about you or him. If he wanted to change his look would u want him to talk to u about it and his reasons? Or u gonna listen to everyone one here and act like he’s trying to control you lol :joy: and who cares what a man says lol might as well be single. Talk to your man not Mamas Uncut lol :laughing:

He sounds super controlling, it’s your body, you do what makes you feel best! Change is always great, especially after just having a baby. Feel so good about yourself. If he’s not gonna like you because you’re hair or makeup, then you can do better.

He’s insecure and thinks you’ll leave him or cheat on him because you’re beautiful, maybe you two should start going on dates so you don’t have to explain why you’re all dolled up (men just don’t get it🙄) He loves your long hair but doesn’t realize how much work it is to maintain it, it is your hair he will still love you if it’s shorter just remember to cut it atleast to where you can pull it up in a pony tail because your baby will rip it out if it’s down. It is hard to feel beautiful after having a baby he needs to be more considerate.

… yikes! You are your own person!!

DO IT! you and the baby comes first. I always think if I want to be a good mom, I need to make sure I’m happy and healthy. Part of happiness is making yourself feel good. If he can’t accept you for how you feel and who you are then he doesn’t deserve you

2 Likes

Red :triangular_flag_on_post: this is only going to get worse

1 Like

you’re not a doll he can dress up… first it starts with controlling what you wear, then who you hang with, where you work, what you eat, etc.
Maybe tell him if you can’t cut your hair he has to do something equivalent like not cutting his beard or if he grows it out tell him to shave it off. it doesn’t feel good to have someone trying to control your body

4 Likes

Do You… Every woman needs to take care of themselves make you yourself Feel Special​:heavy_heart_exclamation::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Do it! It’s self maintenance. When you feel better on the outside, you feel better on the inside.

Oh no…run sis. Red flags of narcissistic traits all over this. He should be proud & trust you!

3 Likes

Get a babysitter, make a dinner reservation, cut your hair & put on your makeup, tell hubs you are both showing off how hot you are to each other & the world that you are a hot couple together. Lavish him with attention. Might just be scared of change or feel you are out of his league.

OTOH if wanting to control or restrict you becomes a pattern, make an escape plan in case you ever have to use it.

A healthy relationship is when a man and woman support each other and trust each other it is a bit worrying that you are not allowed to have your hair cut or wear makeup just be careful when he starts on your clothes and wants to distance you from your family and friends stay safe

It’s your body It’s your decision

1 Like

Also, tell him he needs to let his hair grow, dye it another color, grow a beard, shave his hair or manscape. See how he reacts to being told how to groom himself then explain to him how silly that is.

2 Likes

My ex was the same way and always accusing me off “trying to look good for other guys”. The whole time he was the one cheating.

It’s ur hair cut it if u want too, if you want to wear make-up then do so. If he has a problem with it then it’s exactly that HIS problem like it’s YOUR HAIR YOUR FACE.

3 Likes

Do it anyway. My husband is same way. Says he doesnt like me in makeup or my hair short. He gets over it. Finally said i look sexy last time made myself over. It was a small win.

1 Like

Poor husband material, cut your losses

2 Likes

Wow sounds just like my ex! Controlling and narcissistic! Run before it gets worse and believe me it will! Read up on narcissist I bet you’ll find a lot of similarities. I was with one for 14 years. It got really bad after we got married to the point of I couldn’t even walk outside without being accused of going somewhere. Please be careful they will do everything to make you think they are such a good person and you are the problem. Anything to control you…

That’s male insecurity at its finest. Do what you want. It’s YOU who has to feel good in your skin, not him. I also cut my really long hair after having my son. He’s 4 and I’ve never let it grow super long since. I cut it into a cut long bob thats just above my shoulders. My hair was to the middle of my back. My man loves it. He didn’t think he was going to. But he doesn’t give a crap what I do to myself if it makes me feel good. Do whatever makes you feel good. He doesn’t understand how hard it is to feel confident, beautiful and sexy right after having a baby. Tell him to suck it.

Cut your hair do your makeup. If he wants to treat you different because of it then it just shows you haven’t been together long enough to really know who’s baby you had.

6 Likes

Explain to him why you want the change. Its the same as him growing out his hair and cutting it short. Nothing toxic just a conversation u need to have with him. Explain how much work the hair is with the baby and that u feel plan and want to doll up a little. He will be supportive.mine doesnt like make up that much but he hypes me :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: like ehh look at u mummy… are we safe… he will adjust it u talk to him and make him understand

it’s not about him and if he is so selfish he can’t understand that yall need to go to therapy and have a big talk.

Ok first off he’s not a good guy if he’s controlling you. You can have an individuality separate from your spouse /significant other. If they make you feel like you’re not even allowed to be human they’re controlling get out he’s nuts!

5 Likes

It is YOUR BODY, he has no say in it, why do you allow him to control you that way?

1 Like

He cheated and now he’s projecting onto you.

5 Likes

He feels like hes lacking somewhere. Its a reflection of his own insecurities. Do you and just make him feel worthy.

Edit to add… if nothing you do makes him feel worthy, hes guilty of something.

1 Like

Just do it and show him
Afterwards…you don’t need his permission :woman_shrugging:t3:

First of all, your hair and your body and your appearance isn’t FOR or ABOUT him. How he does or doesn’t feel about it means jack shit. A man who truly loves you, will still love you if you change your appearance. Unless ALL he is in love with IS your appearance; in which case, he isn’t really in love with YOU.

Also, 2 other very important things to note here:

1. him believing your appearance is for him to decide on, is 100% controlling behavior. HUGE red flag. Huge. :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

2. A guilty mind is always full of suspicion. People who cheat, or who are looking to cheat, always assume the other person is doing it, too. Yet another red flag. :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

Insecure.
Do you girl. Cut ur hair. Wear the makeup.

5 Likes

Girl I whole heartedly say this from the bottom of my heart … CUT YOUR HAIR. WEAR THE MAKEUP. Fuck him. It is YOUR body not his. If you want to do things to make yourself feel better then do it if he’s not okay with it then honestly you need to cut your losses… my ex was the exact same way he’s a EX for a reason. My husband now wouldn’t care if I died my hair orange and wore clown makeup as long as I was happy with it.

My ex husband was the same way. Then he cheated on me. I always got “who are you trying to look good for?”

1 Like

He sounds insecure AF

Tell him to kick rocks.
You do you and if he doesn’t like it then he can go.
Sounds like he is trying to control you.

1 Like

It’s your freakin hair. Not his!

Go for do what you need to do to make you feel better your not doing nothing wrong at all if he can’t except you cause u put a little make up on or cut your hair then let him roll on cause sounds like to me he might be the guilt party

Tricky one. Maybe he likes you the way you are. He seems to love your hair. He’s clearly feeling vulnerable that you want to cut your hair and wear make-up. Probably because “it’s clearly a sign they’ve got someone else”. You need to explain that you need to do these things to be you, not because you want somebody else. It’s him you want to marry. On the flipside, he needs to respect you are your own person and its not up to him if you cut your hair or wear make-up. Mine would say he loves me whatever the length of my hair or whether I’m wearing makeup. (Mine also prefers me without makeup on!) Don’t get married until your confident about who you are and he is happy with that person, otherwise you’ll both be marrying a lie.

Leave ur hair but put ur makeup on

Do it anyway. He’ll get over it. It’s not his choice.

I was in the same exact boat.Just because you ‘trust ‘ him doesn’t mean he’s not cheating, please look into that… I NEVER ever ever ever EVER thought my partner of 6 years would do something like that to me because well he did. And I trust him without a doubt until one night I got a message from a friend that she seen him on dating apps and it all went downhill after that, I more I went through his phone the more my heart shattered, I found out last year in October and it still shatters my heart and still break down almost everyday by how heartbroken I am, I cry almost everyday as if he passed but no he just absolutely broke my trust and everything that I am, it broke me because I was pregnant with baby #2 and he continued even months after having baby until I caught him. I would have never known if I didn’t look though his phone….

People that do that are more often than not cheating themselves.

1 Like

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:You need to get out. That’s controlling. He can have all the opinions he wants but comments like that are completely unnecessary. Seriously think about your relationship before you get married.

1 Like

Please do not let anyone control your life your hair make up clothes should be your decision no discussion.

2 Likes

Do you. Change it up you don’t need his permission… he seems like he insecure and controlling

2 Likes

men need to realize we don’t wear makeup for them!!

5 Likes