I found tarot cards in my daughters room: Advice?

If your husband is a pastor then it should not damage his relationship with her, bc pastors should recognize that planting a seed is all we can do. In our religion, God is the only one that can make that seed grow. You cannot force anyone to believe anything. Practicing what you preach is important for everyone, regardless of what that message is. Yes, he may be upset, but having a talk with her, and letting her know you’re going to talk to him first about it seems like the right thing to do. I don’t believe in “hiding” things from spouses. It’s a slippery slope once you start doing that. Those are your children together, ask yourself how you would feel if he hid something about your child from you?

5 Likes

Leave her alone. There is nothing wrong with tarot cards. My kids grew up with tarot cards, ouija boards, crystals, seeing me make them, learning about them and using them from a young age. Let her discover herself.

1 Like

Good for her. In a society that seeks to remove women’s bodily autonomy and freedom, witchcraft offers girls just a sliver of power that isn’t graciously provided by a man. Let her do her thing. And honestly, the more something is forbidden, the more people want to do it. She’s not hurting anyone, nor herself. Don’t be that parent. Kids only have to deal with you until they’re 18. Getting to be part of their lives after that is a privilege and micromanaging your child is a good way for them to contemplate moving away when they are legally able. Ask me how I know. Also, I sell crystals and tarot cards and I assure you that the people who buy them come to zero harm. Encourage her hobby. Maybe she’ll grow out of it, but she’ll always remember that you supported her, even if your opinion was different.

5 Likes

Maybe have a conversation with your daughter first. She’s going to be her own person eventually even if that means behind your back if you don’t accept her.

3 Likes

Toss her in the river…if she floats you know what must be done! :fire:

12 Likes

Leave it alone don’t create something out of nothing just be grateful it wasn’t drugs you found

6 Likes

Growing up in an extremely religious household, the best advice I can give to you is not to push your feelings (or your husband’s feelings) onto her. Meaning, don’t push the religion on her.
You’re ABSOLUTELY allowed to tell her that you don’t like or agree with something, but if it isn’t harming anyone, just let her be uniquely her.
Honestly, it’s probably just a phase. But even if it isn’t, & she really enjoys that stuff. :person_shrugging:
Because ultimately, none of it is real. It’s just like playing with fancy cards, & a different kind of board game. :smile:
If you’re worried about your husband’s reaction, either it’s time to sit down & talk with him, or if he’s completely unreasonable, just explain to your daughter that this would upset her father. But if she really enjoys that stuff, to just not play with it, with him around, because you don’t want to discourage her or try to control her. Trust me, if you push, kids will pull.

1 Like

Give her some privacy and don’t go stirring up trouble.

3 Likes

Is this a serious post?

5 Likes

Forget you seen it. Give her a little privacy.

3 Likes

I had to hide stuff like that growing up and honestly I was interested in all religions and spiritual paths and still am. I still believe Yeshua is my guide but this is what my room looks like today. It’s very sad that I had to hide my own spiritual journey from my parents because they thought everything was the devil and yet when you read the Bible it holds astrology within it, the levitical priests had certain crystals on their breastplate, and Yeshua was full of amazing Esoteric knowledge. My mom literally found notes and her and my step father went around putting oil all in the house and started praying against the demons influencing me. Either way when you seek to remove a person’s Free Will especially with prayers or incantations then you’re practicing dark magic as far as I’m concerned!!

3 Likes

Did you “find” them or did you FIND them? It sounds like she probly would not have had them out in the open for fear of your husband finding out. Her path is her path and I wouldn’t say anything. Especially if it will cause turmoil in the house….it will make her not trust you and hide everything else from you both. If you need to say anything to anyone it should be her. Ask her about it and let her know that you support her in her spirituality. That will go alot further with her than ratting her out to her dad. Being a more spiritual person is a great path to be on and I say this from personally experience. I could never get behind normal religion and always felt lost. Since I’ve chosen a different path I have felt so much better and it has made me into a much better person. It’s ok to have a little secret between you and your daughter. It will make you guys closer. And maybe if you talk with her about it all you may find some good in things she does and learn something that could help you on your path. I assure you “the devil is NOT getting her”.

4 Likes

Forget you seen them.

7 Likes

Forced religion is usually not a positive thing. I would remind your husband that just like he chose what he wants he should encourage her to explore and be educated.

Just because he isn’t willing to acknowledge others differently and wants to force his religion at home doesn’t make it right. The fact that something as simple as crystals made you consider lying to your husband means he has LOST his ability to be open and no judging. Sounds like the preacher needs to stop talking and start listening to what helps others also

13 Likes

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $18975… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SmartWork18.pages.dev

Newsflash: you can be a Christian and still play with Tarot cards. You need to let her know you found them so she can hide them in a better place. Your husband has no need to know that she has them.

7 Likes

Should you speak with your husband who happens to be a pastor, about your child playing with tarrot cards and crystals🤔

There’s so much about this that is messed up😒

3 Likes

Might wanna tell her daddy to check his Bible about crystals because it totally names the ones to wear… or were instructed to wear to represent the 12 tribes :grin::grin:

4 Likes

Don’t tell him anything. If you know he will blame the “devil” then it will completely destroy the relationship they have. She shouldn’t be forced to believe in what he dose just because that’s what he chose.

15 Likes

Have your daughter’s back. He does not need to know everything. Let him find out on her terms.

3 Likes

Grew up in a religious household and had various occult/spiritual books taken from me when my family found them. I’m here to say that making a big deal about what they’re into, taking things you find, trying to stop them, etc will only make them hold onto those things more and they’ll be more secretive and untrusting of you. Don’t put a wedge between your daughter and you/her father. Pretend you didn’t see them and let her carry on. She’ll either get over it as a phase (which is most likely) or she’ll be into it, keep going, and learn things to improve herself/life. I’m still into the (deeply) into the occult/tarot, etc and I’m 37. Interest in these things don’t go away unless the person into them gets “tired” of it or bored learning about it. Sometimes It really is a phase and you just have to wait for them to “get bored with it” (as was the case with a lot of old friends of mine) or like in my case, when you try to stop them or “save them” from these interests, they’ll hold onto it forever. Not saying being into it is a bad thing though… people fear what they don’t understand. Because of the history of Christian and religious people prosecuting people with pagan/occult beliefs, those who hold those views will fight harder than you know to prevent anyone from interfering with their study in that area.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t make a big thing out of it. Alot of teenagers experience with this kind of stuff.

1 Like

This can’t be a real post

5 Likes

How old is she? She probably is just experimenting. I have a sister and my brother’s girlfriend who are in this younger generation and they both have tarot card and are not into anything else but those. Maybe it’s a fad.

The Bible warns against sorceresses, divination, fortunetelling, mediums, and spiritists.

While Tarot can be used for divination and fortunetelling, it can ALSO be used for meditation and intuitive exploring.

Tarot began as tarocchi, which were sets of playing cards and learning devices, and fortunetelling was not involved at that time. Tarocchi and Tarocchini are still used in Europe to be played as games.

I know many Christians and Catholics who use tarot WITH religion and for their own guidance, not fortune telling, and not for entertainment.

Hopefully she’s not getting into anything you don’t feel comfortable with, but perhaps it’s best to speak with her directly? See where she stands and what she is using them for.

Your husband is a pastor which means you are a pastors wife. God has called you both to teach & preach the truth to lost souls. Your daughter is searching for truth. It should come from her parents. jmo

4 Likes

Well first, how old is your daughter? And I’d confront her first. What is she looking at on her computer or who is she talking to about this stuff? And I would surely discuss with him

1 Like

I think you should let her be who she wants and not force your religion on your child before you push her away.

3 Likes

I just wouldn’t say anything, to her either. Just ignore it, I mean it’s cards and some crystals, most people have crystals of some sort these days.
I picked up these 2 that are supposed to help with stress etc. also, they’re pretty :woman_shrugging:t3:
As for cards, I have a set myself, it’s just fun to mess with, it’s all pretend (unfortunately).
Cards and crystals don’t equal devil.(I know you know this). But I also know how close minded people can be.(cough cough, some of these comments)
Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

I’m not a Christian or even religious, but I’m a pastors kid and I’ll tell you that I chose my own path in life because I am my own person. Your child is their own person. She has the right to explore other opinions, and choose what she believes.

4 Likes

Just let it go. It’s a phase. It will pass

1 Like

Leave her alone to explore how she wants! That stuff cannot hurt her or others

1 Like

I actually feel sorry for this little girl what year are you living in … Let her be a kid and discover what pass she chooses .

4 Likes

Once he bursts into flames… he’ll know! :rofl:

3 Likes

You didn’t see a thing.

7 Likes

You have the freedom to follow whatever religion you please. So does your kid. Leave her alone.

9 Likes

Do not force your religion on your child let them choose there own path it’s is not your choice to make. Your job is to love your child through it and make sure they grow up to be decent humans. After that it’s up to them to turn into who they are supposed to be I come from christians, Catholics, non religious, atheist you name we got it in our family because we were allowed to choose our own path. They are going to anyway so don’t push

4 Likes

Talk to her about them first. Don’t knock her down before you know why she has them.
Explain her fathers beliefs on them to her.
I don’t know how old your daughter is but personally I think you should support her first.

(If she’s a teen) it could drive her away from you if you ban them without reason.

2 Likes

Coming from being raised by a nosey azz parent like you, act like you didn’t see anything, unless you see something potentially dangerous to her health or others, pretend you ain’t see nothing unless she comes to you with it.

2 Likes

If your husband believes in the devil disrupting your daughter, you should be protecting her from him. Crystals are energy that can calm the mind, help with meditation, and heal. They come from Mother earth. How could something God created be anything but good. Maybe your daughter has chosen a spiritual path and not a religious one. It’s her right to choose her own path to our higher power.
If he can’t see it isn’t devil related then he doesn’t get to know all her business. She will tell him when she feels he needs to know.

17 Likes

It depends on how old she is. At this point I say mind yo business :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’d let her do her own thing because you’ll push her away if you force her on anything

2 Likes

closes door without a sound whispers to myself, I saw nothing.

6 Likes

He will most likely try to force his religion on her. Keep going mama. You didn’t see anything.

1 Like

It’s novelty and harmless although I think there’s a message in there you’re missing. She knows it will bother him. You need to sit down for an open,no judgment chat just you and her. Kids rebel usually out of spite. Maybe it’s been pushed on her too hard by her dad.

3 Likes

Not in my house! She wants to dabble in darkness she can wait until she’s grown and has her own place.

17 Likes

Let her do her own thing, have a talk with her to keep it discreet around the dad. It could just be looking at other options and exploring. My sister does the same thing, my moms Baptist, my dad’s catholic, and I’m non denominational Christian lol. Yet we live in harmony. We disagree on things but not really on religion. I do get living in a pastor home (knowing a few people in my life) that there’s a certain image that needs to upheld and there’s a pressure to do that. Tarot cards and crystals are not really the harmful elements.

1 Like

She’s not brainwashed like the sheeple he’s used to. Let her be herself. Otherwise it’ll only cause resentment. He doesn’t need to know. He’d probably only cause a big scene .

2 Likes

Not the devil those things r not evil

1 Like

Clearly dad is spiritual I can see the daughter being so too but in her own way. They are harmless for the most part. A conversation with her and maybe a demonstration would be good for you and her. Not all things need to be shared and this could start a good bonding between mom and daughter if y’all just keep it to yourselves until she is ready to enlighten dad. Imo

5 Likes

All I can say is pray and leave her alone.

Let her do her own thing. If she isn’t evil or troubled let her be. That stuff doesn’t mean the devil. If your husband wants to be so strict and godly and force it upon her, expect her not to be around later on.

2 Likes

No you should def not tell him esp if you think it will upset him. I’d def talk to her about it first. You don’t want to throw her under the bus for something she might be heavily interested in. Everyone has different beliefs and there’s nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

They only have as much power as you let them. If you and your husband choose not to believe in what the cards can do, then everything is fine. The more hate & banishment you put on this, the more she will retaliate and find interest in doing other things that are “taboo”. Wake up, mom.

2 Likes

Leave her alone and keep your mouth shut

6 Likes

I wouldn’t tell him a damn thing. He spiritual journey isn’t his spiritual journey. Let her travel it in the way she wants.

Please…let the girl be

2 Likes

Let her do her thing if she’s hiding them then it sounds like she used to some hostility from you and/or your husband. Might want to tell your husband he needs to get over the fact that his religion is t the only way. Otherwise be prepared for your daughter to shun you both. I still don’t acknowledge some family due to their hostility towards me when I was exploring other religions.

Yo. It could be drugs. Let it go :rofl:

6 Likes

Just speak with your Daughter and Don’t Assume things…" Just hey I saw such & such while I was putting your Laundry away & I’d like to talk to you about it.

If she talking to Spirits and the universe…Isn’t he talking to God on the daily?? Then whats the difference?? They’re both a higher power. The should be able to communicate.

2 Likes

Stop invading her privacy. It sounds like she’s old enough to put her own laundry away. Drop the basket on the bed and walk right back out the door. If you think there is something going on that is a mental or physical risk then of course you have to check it out, but aside from that let the girl have her own space.

I still own the cards I got in high school. They are silly and I don’t believe in them but I have them and it didn’t turn into lifelong trauma.

4 Likes

I am a tarot reader, reiki master, and was raised Christian. I hated religion for years Because I was told I was “gonna burn in hell!”
Let her do her thing and don’t involve your husband or you’ll push her away from you and God.

2 Likes

Let her do her thing it’s not evil. Just talk to her and tell her to be discreet about it.

1 Like

WOOOOOOW! So her wanting to connect to the holy spirits in one of the many forms that just are, goes against god? :rofl::rofl: So now tell me, Who needs to study up on our “holy paths” here on earth more? If you’re going to portray yourself as a true follower of God, be an actual true follower of God! He accepts all forms correct? How about you allow her to encourage you as you encourage the same means!

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair to assume that he would think that all because he’s a pastor. Sounds like she gets her spirituality from him. Talk to her about it. For all you know he might already know

Hiding it from your husband is NOT the best thing. Assuming you respect your husband.

You were in her room, and in her private space and found something. I’m guessing she’s old enough to put her own laundry away if she purchased tarot cards?
Say nothing, and next time leave the laundry on the bed.

9 Likes

Be thankful it wasn’t drugs.

7 Likes

Definitely definitely do not let this go. This is black magic and very real. Your daughter is into demonic forces. Tarot cards seem like an innocent game but they are not. Enlist her dads help! From someone who knows!

26 Likes

I think it is her business not anyone else’s

5 Likes

I think it is her business not anyone else’s

2 Likes

If you trust your daughter and know she isn’t creating no harm to herself or others in any way, not just cards or crystal Leave it alone if you know he will over react about it. unless you know he will get over it real quick and its just him having a fit. That will turn into quite the battle and unless you are :100: ready to support and defend your daughter its not a hill i would climb. I understand why you want to tell him but if there are no problems, don’t create one because this isn’t just about finding cards and crystals. Its also about trust. Now if there are issues with her and you do feel concerned for her safety then you do what you feel you need to do. You know your daughter.

1 Like

Leave it alone. There’s no risk in cards. When I was a teen I had a Ouija board and I turned out just fine

2 Likes

Do nothing. They are cards, dude. She’s a teenager. You will be fine.

3 Likes

How about family meeting and respect each other’s choices… as long as it doesn’t harm anyone. Your husband made his own decision to become a pastor doesnt mean it gives him a right to control his daughter’s life. As parents, we can only guide and support them as long as it brings good/best for them. Love is not control.

5 Likes

Your daughters personal relationship with whatever God she believes in his hers and hers alone. She obviously feels a pull in a different direction than the path your family walks. In order for her to be her truest self, allow her to explore her spirituality and just teach her how to be a good human without the religious aspect.

5 Likes

They’re a lot less harmful than the church is don’t worry :wink:

10 Likes

If she’s old enough to buy tarot cards she’s old enough to start making the decision about what SHE believes in and to do that it takes experimentation and research… As a pagan witch and parent I would be happy to see anything from another religion in my child’s room. I want them to make their own decisions without shoving anything down their throats. My daughter chooses to be Christian… Great! I support her 100% despite it being different from my path!

3 Likes

Angels speak through cards as well. They are a physical object that you can be spoken to in. They help with knowing what path to take, what to focus on, not to talk to the devil. Crystals, depending on what they are, have different meanings. Some are used for healing, some help you focus. Or maybe like my son, she just thinks they’re pretty and likes to collect them. Neither are harmful in anyway. And nowhere close to “black magic”

2 Likes

Talk to your daughter first and ask her about it.

3 Likes

All these bible thumpers “witchcraft”, “black magic”, “occult”. How about educate yourselves on this with something other than your fake book? You are telling this mom that her daughter is going to turn into a devil worshiper. If you all read your bible you would know that there are parts where crystals are used. You all love to misinterpret the Bible all the time to fit your beliefs. Pushing religion on your children is disgusting and controlling. :nauseated_face:

8 Likes

They’re cards not drugs :joy:

11 Likes

It’s just a phase. Just let her do her thing and pretend you don’t know and she grow out of it quicker than you think

Leave it alone, she’s finding her way in life. It’s healthy to explore her beliefs.

5 Likes

Or talk to her and tell her to keep it out of sight

2 Likes

Lay off. They’re not “evil” like Christianity drilled in people’s heads. Do you have to be weary using them, yes like all tools, but definitely not “evil”.

1 Like

Omg lmfao :rofl: wow the iraggonce. They are tarot reading cards and crystals lol. My 17 year old has crystals and just got an astrology book hmmm she must be worshipping the devil then now smh. I couldn’t imagine growing up in a household like she is especially if it’s a huge deal for her to hv tarot cards and crystals lol :laughing:.

5 Likes

I would say just talk to her. Don’t start an unnecessary fight. With him and with her. But honestly, as a person of faith I probably would gently push her to know this isn’t acceptable to the Lord, and I must frown or guide her away from it. Really be honest of what it can do to her faith by opening doors she doesn’t understand. And if in the end as a grown child out of my house she would like to pursue that stuff, it really is on her.

3 Likes

Allow her to find her own path. But have a conversation with her. But allow her to do the talking

1 Like

It’s a fad right now I wouldn’t worry

2 Likes

I am a Christian and I have crystals and I have used the Ouija board here and there. It’s her intentions when she uses, and imo as long as they are good I wouldn’t worry! :woman_shrugging:t2:

Let her know “Hey I saw your cards and crystals when I put your laundry away. I’m fine with you exploring and doing whatever it is, but it will upset your dad if he sees it. So just be careful”

6 Likes

Tarot readers are far less likely to abuse children unlike the church. So i say shes choosing better

7 Likes

Just pretend you didn’t see it so neither of them can be mad at you lol

2 Likes

Talk to her about it

tarot cards have never touched little kids.

5 Likes

Regardless if who pays the bills… You shouldn’t snoop in your children’s stuff… you’re setting yourself up for her to not trust you. Obviously, she’s hiding it for a reason. It could have been crystal meth but you found healing crystals. Tarot isn’t as bad as you think it is. Unless, you pushed religion down her throat to the point she renounced her faith in God. She’s still covered by his protection.

2 Likes

There’s nothing biblically that wasn’t added that prohibits witchcraft. Christ doesn’t prohibit it in the final and only still standing commandments.

I’m more concerned as to why you were putting away a teen ad laundry and snooping.

2 Likes

Crystals are used every day in ordinary things so as long as she’s not worshipping them, they are good for cleansing. It takes practice to be able to read tarot cards and if she learns and can actually use them correctly make sure it’s coming from a good positive place and not evil or negative place. Your husband should not be mad at any of this not all things spiritual are bad.

3 Likes

It’s none of his business. He will find out, eventually. Just stand by your daughter and support her when he flips out. Tarot cards and crystals are NOT evil. She’s exploring her spirituality and it’s healthy to do so. Good luck, Mama.

7 Likes