I have dreams of going to medical school, should I have a baby with my boyfriend?

Honestly hun I mean this the best way I can follow your dreams and have fun together get to know each other better etc I’ve been with my parnter for 5 years we have 3 children who we love but we wished we waited and done a few more things first xx

Girl. Get on some birth control anyways. Make him wrap it. Take the plan b. Its great you guys feel so strongly connected… but its definitely too soon. If he feels so strongly and is adamant, he will still feel strongly in a few years once youve finalized school and your career has been established.

11 Likes

Definitely wait! Finish school first and live life as a couple while enjoying time together just you two. You have plenty time to have a baby and once a baby is in the picture no matter how supportive a significant other you have it’s gonna be hard. I’m just saying from experience enjoy it just being the two of you for as long as possible and focus on your dreams and goals. Everything will work out for you guys if it’s meant to be♥️ Good Luck!

3 Likes

I’d wait awhile longer… 2 months isn’t really that long if you think about it. Simple things first,can you use the toilet in front of him?, Have you farted in front of him?, Have you had any disagreement yet? I’m being serious about the bathroom stuff… you really need to get to know someone inside and out before bringing a baby into your relationship. Start school and see a year or so how things are still going. He may be one that wants all your time and might get upset Al the time you spend at school then what would he do with you having to spend time with your baby.

2 Likes

Spend 5 years together then determine if you really want him to be the father of your child. 2 months are you fr? :woman_facepalming: put your career first.

2 Likes

Yikes on bikes.

Idk if medical school sounds like the right choice for you if you’re already so un-committed…maybe try reading this out loud, recording it, and then pretending it’s your patient saying this to you when you play it back.

7 Likes

It sounds like he is trying to get you pregnant, then you will likely stay home……

Think about what you want, baby or your dream job.
You should absolutely train first- then have your family

7 Likes

No!! 2 months only??? No. Go to medical school

1 Like

Take your time with this man you hardly know him. Start taking birth control and finish school

1 Like

Keep going to school. You have time to have babies.

1 Like

27? You sound like you’re 17. Go medical school, establish your life first

7 Likes

You are 2 months in girl, wtf are you doing :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

You’ve only known each other for 2 months! Please don’t get pregnant and follow your dreams! You’re so young and if he’s meant to be your life partner, he’ll support your decision, no matter what. A lot can happen, don’t get tied down with a baby. Once you finish medical school, you’ll be able to provide for a baby properly. No need to rush into things. God bless you!:pray:

5 Likes

Medical school is near impossible to get through if you have a child. Nobody can predict the future, so as well-meaning as his promises may be, they are empty. You are smart to take a step back and ask the tough questions and want to plan what is best for your future. Even if you are 37+ when you have a child, it is the smarter move for you and any future child(ren) you may bring into this world. You will be setting up a more stable future for you both/you all. What type of future would you be providing if you were impoverished? I’d get on birth control asap. Don’t rely on Plan B for birth control. If your bf wants a child and future with you, he should be willing to wait. If not, maybe u should consider a Plan B without him.

Get your dreams and goals in order persue your goals

1 Like

Stick to your dreams, finish med. school, if he loves you he will wait, your dream will not make it with a child, who will keep your child?? Residency is not easy long crazy hours, you have to concentrate on your career, plenty time for children, don’t be fooled by a man in heat

1 Like

Very. Use protection

Sis… take a breath… not here to judge… but take a breath❤

3 Likes

You’re asking this dumb question and want to go to medical school? Lmao

4 Likes

Go to medical school

1 Like

NEVER drop your dreams for a man! Not matter how much you love him. He will follow you. He will help you if he wants!!

8 Likes

Wake tf up! One simple word…“boyfriend”… not husband. Good grief.

2 Likes

Slow down!!! You’ve only known each other for a very short time, especially to be in an unprotected sexual relationship. What happens if “Plan B” fails, literally? Anyone can promise you the moon, but make sure his words match his actions first. Focus on your goals – finish school, it will come in handy when you get married and have children and a family to support.

7 Likes

At 27 wanting Med School but cant decide if you should have a baby with a Boyfriend…NOOOOO to all of it.

2 months and you “LIKE” him alot amd want a baby with him…um finish school then get established and see where it goes from there

3 Likes

You have a dream go for it if he’s serious he’ll support your ambitions. I got pregnant back to back being careless and yeah I knew my spouse and I was gonna be together together legit but man I wish we would of waited at times I wish I was able to establish myself before I became a mom I’m now going on three years sahm and man it’s something else I love my babies but I wish I would of prosused my dreams before thay came to .

Go on the pill or at least some form of birth control you silly girl. Stop being so bloody stupid and irresponsible.

7 Likes

do not have a child with someone you’ve only known for two months. :woozy_face::laughing:

10 Likes

Never listen to what people promise you because most often in today’s times those promises that were so special at the time and made you feel so special are eventually broken. Yes sometimes dreams come true and they are kept but do what is best for your future their are plenty of new moms in their 30s. And if he says he’s never felt like this then he will surely still be around at that time.

4 Likes

I say go for it… I have had a child previously and so did he but. me and my fiance got pregnant of being together not even 2 months was not planned just happened but we have been together 7 1/2 years and have 3 kids together now and 5 kids total. I have been in college for all 7 years took break between semesters because of health problems. Only you know if it’s goingto be right for you or not and if you guys have talked about it then you guys have a plan and you are on the same page. Communication through everything is important.

NO…GO TO MEDICAL SCHOOL. If your relationship doesn’t work, you would be a single Mom and not have the career you dreamed of.

2 Likes

Promises don’t mean nothing. Lord have mercy. Please take birth control and go to school.

1 Like

As someone who was were you are and ended up marrying him and 2 kids later in the process of a divorce dont give up on your dream. If he really does care about you like he says he will understand why you want to wait. Being a mom and doing collage is very hard. Please stop take a pause and a deep breath and think of what you want your life to look like not what someone else wants it to be. If you ever need someone to talk to or vent to im here i will always listen and never judge.

1 Like

You are not dumb sweetheart. Some people know the minute they meet. But honestly you should wait until you get married to have children. Do not put the cart before the horse. Go ahead and finish your schooling first dear.

3 Likes

Oh nooo…do not have a baby. Medical school is already hard enough without a baby!!!

3 Likes

Congeló suave y cuídate. De ninguna manera tengas un hijo ahora. Primero apenas lo conoces y tiene tu sueño de ser médico . Cúmplelo. Tienes una vida por delante. Eres muy joven y el también. Un hijo necesita cuidados,tiempo y tener dinero para mantenerlo como se merece. Piénsalo bien antes de tomar ese paso. Además quien te asegura que después que tengas El Niño el té dejará que termines tu carrera! Piénsalo y sobre todo protégete para que luego no te arrepientas. :four_leaf_clover:.

2 Likes

If you are not sure, then don’t do it. Finish school because if you have a profession, you will always be able to support yourself. If you have a baby (what about marriage???) and it doesn’t work out with him, you still have your profession to care for yourself and your child. It’s good that you are thinking about it, but use protection until you are sure.

The fact he is trying to get you pregnant without a conversation about it first is a red flag. My advice is this: Can you raise a child and finish Med school if you’re single? If the answer is no, you need to protect yourself and your future.

1 Like

Finish your PreMed course first. Then take the NMAT.
Then ask yourself if you are physically,mentally,emotionally & financially stable to get in Med school and have a baby at the same time😊
Oh, don’t forget,
Five hours of sleep in Medschool is a luxury.

I admit I laughed at this and I’m sorry but you just answered your own question at the end.
‘You are still in the honeymoon stage and are barely getting to know each other’ that’s your gut telling you it’s not the right time.
Someone that cares for you won’t rush you into things you are not ready for. (Red flags, don’t ignore the :triangular_flag_on_post: narcissist rush things, just saying) Stick to your priorities/goals you had before him. Do not let anyone change your mind, especially someone you met in just 2 months! You have plenty of time to build a family, when you know your ready.

5 Likes

If you are asking this then maybe you shouldn’t be a Dr

1 Like

That is way too soon to bring a baby into a relationship. Trust, you dont even fully know someone until a few years at least. You’ll definitely be a single mother. Speaking from experience, no judgment :joy::grimacing:

4 Likes

Dumb as hell. Get on the pill an use condoms. Honestly just give it some time. Cause if you don’t really know the person yet then why have a child with them so early? Cause man 2 months just isn’t enough time. You may end up not liking him an to be honest you should really focus on school man. Im not saying it isn’t impossible to have a child an get your education but it does indeed open a door to having a really strong support system. That saying it takes a village is true my guy. So wish you the best in your endeavors just think about it a lot more man.

If you’ve only known him for 2 months you better slow down…you don’t even really know him yet

Wait to have a baby!!! Definitely until your out of school.

After two months??? No! Go to Med School and get on birth control. This sounds like a 17 year old wrote it, not a 27 year old.:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Oh my. No honey. Babies can come later. At 2 months you still dont know this man. People show u what they want you to see. Wait until you’ve seen the 100 percent true him. And hun if you wanna go to medical school…do that 1st.

You are pre-med and have dreams of becoming a doctor and yet here you are having unprotected sex with someone you’ve only known for 2 months. Plus, he’s trying to manipulate you mentally. And on top of all that you are 27 years old. You should know better. If there is doubt enough for you to ask opinions of complete strangers then that right there should tel you it’s a no on having a baby with him right now. Get on birth control, if its not already too late, and follow your dream.

4 Likes

Promises are meant to be broken. A child is a huge responsibility. You will have to give up something if you do. Get married first if you want to have a child. Otherwise, go to med school. A lot of moms now wished they finished school before getting pregnant. Take it from women who believed in promises too but did not end well for them. DO NOT RUSH.

2 Likes

Follow your dream. Everything else will fall into place if it’s meant to be.

2 Likes

You darn lost your mind…. Having unprotected sex with someone unknown to you. Get your studies finished … travel, buy your home …. Get married first… then you have babies last. You don’t even know this man, and if he’s not marrying you, then why would you have a baby with him?

4 Likes

Follow your dreams . Become a doctor… if this is THE relationship he will still be there when you are a doctor to start a family with you … this all screams red flags to me

4 Likes

Dumb as hell
Finish your degree now so you don’t have to struggle while having kids
Choosing which bill to pay or groceries
If you get your degree now, not only will you be able to provide for your kids but if anything goes left and he leaves you will be able to provide on your own and still get them everything they not only need but want
You can’t be slow as hell and a doctor pick a struggle

2 Likes

Please follow your dreams. :pray:t3:

1 Like

Dumbest smart person award goes to you…
Don’t let those butterfly feelings trap you in a life you don’t want.
2 months girl that is only 8 wks. Give it more time at least a year if you want kids
Him sneaking and finishing inside of you is dirty af and a crock of shit lies he is telling you

4 Likes

You can have a kid later. I mean if it’s going to be forever you can wait a few months

3 Likes

You dont really know someone until at least 1 years in. And then it takes another 6 months of living together. DO NOT HAVE A BABY with this guy. Do your dreams 1st.

5 Likes

You definitely want to slow down before getting yourself into a situation that you can’t easily undo. You’re still young and you have PLENTY of time left to have a baby. I’m 36 and I just had my first child 8 months ago. If you’re serious about medical school, do that first because a baby is going to throw a major wrench into those plans ESPECIALLY because you’ve only been with your partner for 8 weeks :flushed:. Wait a few years and see if you still feel the same way or if you two are even still together. Trust me, we were singing “no scrubs” wayyyy too loud as teenagers for some of us to have ended up with the baby daddy’s we ended up with :rofl:. It’s too soon hun, just my opinion. Best of luck :two_hearts:

I’m trying to imagine what would have happened if I’d gotten pregnant with an ex ex boyfriend’s child because we were in the honeymoon stage and having fantastic sex and honestly, I CRINGE. Give it time. Get on birth control. Your future self with thank you. If you’re both still in a fantastic place, stable and in love in a year or two, revisit the topic. In the meantime, if your dream to to go to med school then do it! Please don’t give up a dream for a man you’ve only been with for 2 months. Focus on yourself and if it’s meant to be, you’ll still be together and only have a stronger relationship.

8 Likes

Yes indeed you are. 2 months??? Hell nah you need to keep your priorities straight if you have a plan and dream like that :100: and start using protection cuz a baby is a huge responsibility and very time consuming. Don’t let your hormones and the honeymoon phase get you into something that big that you are both not ready for.

4 Likes

Sounds to me like he is trying to trap you. If he knows your dreams on becoming a doctor why is he trying to get you pregnant and disrupt all that? He is either very selfish/isn’t even thinking about your goals or he’s doing it on purpose to manipulate you. Either way don’t let that man get you pregnant after only 2 months!!

7 Likes

Run girl once you become a mom the baby is your priority not him he sounds obsessive if he’s feeling all this in a short ant of time plus you opened by saying you really liked him You need to be crazy in love to do things in the name of LOVE :two_hearts: Run girl

4 Likes

This is manipulative and so wrong. This dude is trying to trap you. He should have never been trying to get you pregnant without your consent. Plan B is not birth control and isn’t meant to be used over and over. So many red flags

9 Likes

I’m sorry but 2 months into a relationship, yes it has worked out for some people but not a lot, why are you two having unprotected sex, he sounds like he’s actually trying to control you and you are falling for it because your in that honeymoon phase. You know something isn’t sitting right or else you wouldn’t be asking the question you already know. What’s the rush? 2 months, just enjoy each other, go to medical school and then look at starting a family

4 Likes

Why on earth would you consider having a baby with someone who thinks that trying to get you pregnant without your consent is okay? Drop this weirdo and get your head on straight!

6 Likes

Stick with your studies. Your degree won’t wake up one day and tell you it doesn’t love you anymore. And it’s your key to making a better life for yourself that no one can take away. Getting an education sets a foundation, while having a child with someone you are Gaga over may or may not work out. Having Children is a beautiful thing but having them prematurely will put a halt or even diminish your dreams completely. And don’t let a man tell you what to do with your body. If you want to take Plan B that’s your decision. I’d full on get on birth control until my schooling is over if I were you

Protect yourself, follow your dreams!!!
If he is sincere he will be there when you are ready and not pressured. Hope you make the right decision

6 Likes

Dear lord, no! Just do you right now. It takes time to get to really know someone. In the beginning it’s new so of course it’s going to be good.

4 Likes

No don’t be dumb…come on girls live your dreams first then marry and then get pregnant…don’t let a man brain wash you…

5 Likes

No Baby wait if you two are really in Love . He will support your dream. You can get married and have your baby later after you finish. A child is a huge responsibility. Wait for it :wink::heart::pray:

6 Likes

Follow your dream children can wait

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me, from my personal experience. We were together a little over 2 months and I ended up pregnant… Fast forward almost 2 years later and he almost killed our son by physical abuse. Not saying that is the case with u and him, just saying, take some time to get to know this man… Men tell u what u want to hear most of the time. Sometimes they mean it, other times its just because it’s what u want to hear. U DO NOT want to be a single mother!!! Just PLEASE take the time to REALLY get to know him before u make any life changing decisions. :pray::pray: Praying for u

1 Like

It would be nice if you got married first.

1 Like

Don’t do it. You will make pursuing your dream of medical school exponentially more difficult. Go to med school first. Then have kids. Get your career and financial stability first, then worry about kids. You have plenty of time to have kids. No reason to rush into it

6 Likes

Don’t make any important decisions while newly in love, PLEASE. You’re not in your right mind.

3 Likes

Go for one night stand.love never lasts .it’s all waste of time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 months? You want to have a baby with him after 2 months? You don’t know him well enough and I have to wonder why he is so anxious to have a baby. Go for your dream, if he loves you he will support you in this.

7 Likes

If you have a dream of medical school do that first. You have plenty of time to focus on children later. It is hard, really, really hard to do medical school with a family. Constantly changing schedule, being held over, late nights. You need to choose which one you want the most (hint it’s not the new guy and a baby that’s gonna fulfill your dreams)

3 Likes

Yes, yes you are being dumb.

4 Likes

After 2 months you’re talking about having a baby with him. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: i think you should adopt a puppy instead.

4 Likes

I was 15 and got pregnant with, who I thought was the love of my life at the time, but from the second I knew I was pregnant I loved that baby, whether he stayed or not, I am a firm believer of it’s meant to be it will be so IF you fall pregnant it was meant for you and IF this (what seems a lovely genuine guy) sticks around then bonus, your life will go as it should n good luck to you if you have the happy ever after, just learn to take it when you have it cos I think (especially us women) don’t jump on that when we finally have it! Stop questioning stuff and enjoy what you have! Hope everything works out for you love x

I got pregnant after being with my partner for 3 weeks, although it wasn’t planned, it’s been the best thing for us and we now live together and baby is due in 2 weeks, the difference though i didn’t want to be a career lady like yourself, personally you want to go to medical school or whatever I would sit down and have a really hard think about what you would like more, children first and then you may be able to carry on being a doctor, or follow being a doctor, don’t let your boyfriend pressure you into anything because at the end of the day you will carry that baby and you will be the one bringing it up if he leaves, is he financially stable to look after you? Does he have somewhere you will be able to live? You need to take so many things into account when thinking of something that big in your life, please don’t rush into anything for the sake of what he wants and not yourself

DO NOT GET PREGNANT!! You’ve only been with him for 2 months and you want to have a baby?? Might as well kiss your career goodbye. Once you have a child, you will be too busy with it to go to school. In my mind, this guy is wanting to trap you into having his kid then when you have it, he’ll say you can’t go to school. Use your head, not your heart right now.

You’re responsible for protection as well, obviously you want a baby too

1 Like

Yes dumb. Your letting ur heart take the sense away from ur head. Your a smart lass, if ur together in a year plus . Then start making plans .
Making a solid financial ground to bring a child in to, is important. Go get qualified.
Bit of a red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: if he is trying to get u pregnant and then dependent so soon.

6 Likes

2 months & you’re asking of you should have a baby ha no!! Firstly any man trying to get you pregnant without you knowing or your say so is just wrong! I’d ask why he feels the need to trap you & secondly you have only been together for 2 months!! How about getting past the honeymoon period & then revisiting the idea cause you haven’t even had time to see the bad things about eachother that you both hide at the beginning. Be smart & keep safe.

1 Like

Get yourself some dependable birth control. Two months is way to soon to decide on the creation of a life .

2 Likes

Your how old? And asking a questions like this? And want to be a doctor making life and death decisions?

13 Likes

He has no right to try get you pregnant without your consent. Easy for him hevl can walk away then your left pregnant with a baby.
Go to school first then plan a baby if yous are still together. If he walks away now if you tell him to wait, he’s not the one.

1 Like

Get on birth control , get to med school and see how this relationship pans out , sounds like you might need the experience of life and love before looking to having babies etc

1 Like

I think growing up a bit needs to happen first… quite clearly not in a position to have kids. This is irresponsible.

3 Likes

If you really want to go to medical school wait till you have finished before you go for a baby. I wanted to be a forensic biologist and I let my relationship, I was with him for 10 year, get in the way of that and ended up pregnant at 18 and ended up having 5 kids with him. I dont regret having my children but I wish I have followed my goal of becoming a forensic biologist first before I had them because its alot harder to try and do college and uni once you have them.

Just enjoy each other and chill a bit ,make memories and get secure and grounded in your first home. Together.
Make sure you complete your studies and Persue your dream and have the man of your dream too.
But go on the pill or implanon or something .
Grow up together and when enjoy the honeymoon bliss.it will fizzle out and will have arguments and hard times but that’s the challenges to defeat together.
Babies can come later

I’ve been married 18 years trust me don’t be in such a rush.
If he’s the right one he’l understand and support your discussion be honest with each other

Stick to your plan girl what the rush. Are you ready for everything that comes with having a baby. Remember a baby doesn’t keep a man.

1 Like

Red flag city.

Why are you spending every day together and arguing?

The guy was trying to get you pregnant within 2 months of knowing you. Do you really reckon you are the only girl he has done this with? You need to get checked for STIs. This is not the behaviour of a responsible man.

I was with a guy like this once. Told me he loved me straightaway. It was love at first sight, wanted kids. Promised me I made him want to be a better man.

I got a bit swept away but wised up after a few months. The guy got with someone else after a couple of weeks and is probably feeding her the same crap.

I see him about and can see through him now. I’m just glad I didn’t get pregnant, an STD.

6 Likes

Sounds like he’s lovebombing you, either that or he’s quite immature. Follow your dreams and if he goes with you for the ride that’s great but you do you. 2 months in is far too soon to be talking babies. I think you know the answer already by asking this question. Good luck

3 Likes

WTF, I need a medal for reading that to the end. Times like this you actually wish technology allowed you to slap the person who wrote it :rofl:

14 Likes

Chase your dreams love, your career will always be there for you.

1 Like

If you 2 are so happy at the moment then don’t rush the next stages… Enjoy each other, enjoy being able to spend all your time together without the responsibility of children because once you make that decision, everything will change. It’s a massive step to take, and you need to be sure you trust this guy to be an amazing dad and I mean actually see aspects of his personality to make you KNOW he is a good, genuine person. After only 2 months it’s still very early to know all the things you should be sure of before you make that commitment. Having said that I know people who were engaged within 3 months and pregnant within 6 and they’re still together 30 years later. Sometimes it is love at first sight, but it’s rare, so just be careful that you’re not looking through Rose tinted glasses at the moment x

2 Likes

Ugh men do this, give up your dreams for them because they want to settle down, baby arrives their not ready for it, guess who’s left holding the baby!! Go out and do what you got to do, you’ve got plenty of time to settle down once you’ve been to med school…don’t be so naive yours sincerely, talking from experience!!

11 Likes