I just had a preemie. Does any know for babies born at 29 weeks, the survival rate?

I have a grandson tbat was 2pounds 2oz turnd 21 this year

Survival depends heavily on where baby was born at. Do they have a level 1 NICU or a Lvl 3??? Big difference.

She weighed 2 lbs 4 oz no nails,etcā€¦turning 17 in august

My 28 year old daughter was born at 29 weeks and weighed 2.4 lbs.

my son was 27 weeks 1lb and survives to be now 35 happy and healthy

My daughter was 26 weeks and just over a pound and she will be 25 this yr

My son was born at 27 weeks and he will turn 13 this November

my grandson was born at 29 weeks weighed 3 pound is now almost 9 is healthy

I only know by months but at seven months the survival rate is very good

Is it just me, or are these questions you should be asking your doctor not total strangers?

1 Like

My daughter was born at 27 weeks.

My granddaughter was born 2 poundsā€¦sheā€™s 10 nowā€¦lol

I had a 26 weeker he is 14 now.

I was born at 28 weeks weighing less than two and a half pounds. There are excellent hospitals and doctors out there. Hang in there and mazel tov!

Its 90%, the medicine and technology has gotten way better. Good luck

I know twins that were born at 25 weeks. They just turned 5 and are thriving.

I agree with following Mandi& Haven Smithā€™s story. I am one of their followers.Haven is now an amazing & sometimes cheeky 2yo

I was born two months early in 1948. Here I am 72.5 yrs. later. I was 3 lbs.4 oz.

My Oldest Daughter was a 7 - month baby and she is now almost 50 years old. She was 5 lb . 11 ounces. If been born full tetm the doctor said sheā€™d been way over 10 lbs ,

My oldest was born at 32 weeks. Now almost 21

I m survivor, I was born at 26 weeks. And I am 38 years old. My brother was born at 24 weeks. He only lived to 6 months. 2 more years later then I was born.

My daughter born at 2lbs 4ozs, 27 weeks, is 42 now.

90% chance of survival! My nephew is a 27wkr. If you can try and pump for when feeding starts, it helps prevent NEC to use breastmilk instead of formula.

I was 4 pounds 5 one HALF pounds. 5 weeks early.

My son was born at 31 weeks and heā€™s now 38 years old.

I was born 8 weeks early. Iā€™m 44 now.

My youngest daughter was a 6 month baby. Weighed 4 lbs. Sheā€™s 53 now

I was 1 lb and a half born that was 58 yrs ago .they ll make it

I was born @ 24 weeks @ 2 1/2 #, now getting ready to turn 62

For crying out loud ask your doctors and the NICU workers. Do you have any idea how few people who comment on FB know what theyā€™re talking about!!!

Maybe you shouldnā€™t ask a bunch of random internet people and you should be having this talk with a medical professional.

Why are you asking FB and not your doctors???

1 Like

My 26 weeker just turned 18 in January. The survival rate is decent for 29 weeks, if there are no other complications like IVH, pulmonary insufficiency etc.

My great grandson was born at 26 weeks. He is a happy healthy 3 1/2yr old. Technology today is a blessing!!! Prayers for you your precious baby and your family sent. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

My grandson was 33+ weeks. Going on 7 in August. Your baby will be fine with great care and love and Godā€™s love

A dear friend of our family had her baby at 22 weeksā€¦heā€™s now a thriving wonderful boy at 4.

1 Like

My son was born @ 24 weeks weighed 1 lb 4 ozā€¦ ā€¦ i praise the Lord that we will celebrate his 21st birthday this Saturday!! :pray:t4::heart:

Doesnā€™t matter what the survival rate is all that matters is the LORD keep praying never give up hope

1 Like

My twin granddaughters were born at 29 weeks will be turning six next month, healthy and activeā€¦:pray::pray:

My friend had her baby at 25 weeks and sheā€™s 43yrs old today :eyes:

Hang on! These littles do BIG amazing thingsšŸ’™

YES THEY CAN. hang in there, pray and stay strong !!!

All four of my grandkids where born a month early

My grand was 28 weeks 1lb 13oz now 34 still very small

You donā€™t need the stats. Just have faith your baby is going go be fine. Praying for you and baby

Congratulations. Rely on your babyā€™s team for advice and information. Be positive and enjoy your child.

Ask questions to the doctors and nurses. Keep your faith and prayers. Thank God it made it this far.

They can do Wonders today in the hospital for these babies.

Excellent doc these day came save them

Dont worry about stats. Just give the sweet bundle of love over to God and have peace. Itā€™s going to be ok

NICU is a place of angels, and miracles :innocent:

Thatā€™s in the hands of God. Enjoy you sweet baby.

Put your faith an trust in God your Baby will be just fine.

29 weeks 3lb 3oz ā€¦ 8 years old now and PERFECT!!!

Talk to the neo taking care of your baby. They give you details you need!

I saw something that said between 80 to 90 percent. It will be a long road ahead but congratulations.

Premature Baby Survival Rates I linked my source

My 28 wk 2 pd preemie is now 15 yrs old 5ā€™10 and 165 pounds :blue_heart: prayers for a speedy nicu stay!!

I was born at 28 weeksā€¦ Im 16 now.

My daughter was 25 weeks she is now 15

Very high.
Todayā€™s technology is amazing.

Go ask the NICU doctor not the Internet.

My boyfriend was and hes 20

27 weeker mom here!! Babies are more viable at 27 weeks and up! Keep your faith!!! Medicine works wonders these days!! Please feel free to reach out to me ! MUCH LOVE AND PRAYERS MOMMA.

It is an 80-90% rate .
My son was born at 25 weeks . my little micro preemie. He will be 6 in 3 days. No issues and he is healthy and happy

I just knew he was a fighter. That he was strong and that i was going to be there for him no matter what.

Modern medicine is so advanced now and though the road may be hard at times when they ā€œgraduateā€ it is the most beautiful feeling :pray::heart:

1 Like

also! If you plan to breastfeed. I would pump as soon as you can! If you cant but feel comfortable as the nicu for donor milk until your milk clmes in

1 Like

I would have this conversation with my doctorā€¦

Ask your doctors and nurses

I was born at 24 weeks in 1978 and I survived so Iā€™m guessing the medical field has come a long way in 43 years so your baby should be good

If you just had a preemie the doctor would have talked to you about this

My daughter born at 29 weeks turned 20 on March 16. My husbandā€™s oldest was born at 27 weeks & heā€™ll be 38 in July. So survival odds are in your favor especially as Iā€™m sure there have medical advances in the years since ours were born.

Born in 1952, 2# 3oz. Still going at 69.

With the Lord, all things are possibleā€¦

Itā€™s tough but so are the wee ones. My great grandson born 27 weeks, 1 lb 3 ozs. He is now 5, and doing great. Hold his/her hand. Love helps.

Ny son weighed 1.9 oz at 29 weeks. He turns 30 next month. It was a tough battle for him as well as me, heā€™s great now. Lots of prayers sent for you and your bBy

Speak with your doctor.

Take it day by dayā€¦numbers dont matterā€¦it will over whelm you.

1 Like

I had one of my sons very early. Weighing at 3 lb almost 2 ounces. I had preeclampsia, I think having that was the scariest part of it all. I saw my son for the 1st time through a photo and then had to wait a few dayā€™s before i could even get rolled back to see him. That day went to a Doctors visit to the scariest day of my life. I somehow knew after all of that God surely had our backs and knew he would keep my son alive. I thought We surely didnā€™t get this far for him to not make it. God watched over him every step of the way and in my heart I knew I would be bringing him home and never had a doubt. Now here he is about to be 13. So honey, I would just put it in Godā€™s hands and be there and talk to him/her as much as you can. I think your baby will be just fine.

My daughter was born at 29 weeks and weighed 3lbs 4oz she shouldnā€™t have weighed that much but I had gd so that honestly helped. She was born healthy for her small size and didnā€™t have any deficits that I noticed. She passed away when she was 4 in a car accident. However I was born at 28 weeks. I weighed 2lbs 2 oz and spent 9 months in the nicu. That was mostly because I was born addicted to drugs and was having an awful time gaining weight. I weighed 5lbs at 9 months. Iā€™m 34 now and I do have a seizure disorder but other than that I have an IQ of a 158 and Iā€™m highly intelligent and considered gifted.

Possibly 90%+. Less than 3 months in hospital if all goes as planned of course there are many things to take into consideration. With God all things are possible. :pray:t2:

My son was born at 28 weeks at 3 lbs. 4 oz. he will be 26 next month ā€¦healthiest of 4 children

My nephew was born at 29 weeks aged heā€™s about to be 15.

My son was born at 28 weeks . . . He is 28 now.

1 Like

With todayā€™s technology, the survival rate is very good.

My nephew was born at 27 weeks n he now 18 yrs old.

Twins at 29 weeks, 1 lb 13 oz and 2 lb 8 oz. They just turned 13, both girls.

Google says 90% survival rate.

Did your doctor not tell you

My 26 weeker is now 22 years old.

Yeah pretty good. They do incubators and stuff so even if the brain isnā€™t developed all the way they can continue in the incubator.

Donā€™t worry about others survival rate. God and you got this. No worries.

My girl was born at 27 weeks. Was in nicu for 4mths and in pediatrics for 9 months. Today she is 38 years old. Her career is a preprimary teacher doing very well

Very good now a days. My daughter went to the hospital at 28 wks. Thought they were going to have to take the baby then. Held him a Bay for a month. 32 wks. Spent 2 months in the NICU, but he was, and is perfect. Turns 14 in 2 months.

1 Like

Babies born at week 28-30 have about a 90% survival, and after that itā€™s closer to 95%

3 Likes

My daughter was born as 28 weeks weighted 3lbs and she did great now 31 yrs old

mine son was 28 weeks 2 pounds 2 oz he is 25 now 5ā€™11 235 pounds. He stayed in hospital 8 weeks and never had a problem. He was smaller then most kids, but has certainly caught up. Congratulations i hope all goes wellšŸ’œ

My friend has her grandson he was born 24weeks he is now a happy 7yr old he has some health issues but he is alive
I myself was born at 29weeks Iā€™m almost 40yrs old now

My grandson born at 28 weeks!! He is now 20 years old!!

36 years ago I had a preemie at 241/2 weeks ā€¦ 1 lb. 1 ozā€¦ Sheā€™s still here.
Good luck

My son Johnathan was born at 27 weeks he is 30 hugh and healthy

I have a friend who was born at 24 weeks! I know that the youngest preemies to survive being born early is at 21 weeks!