I just had a preemie. Does any know for babies born at 29 weeks, the survival rate?

I was a 6 mo.baby 2lbs now I’m 6ft 215.todays medical advancements and miles better

Here are the stats from aneonatologist 95% survival, 95% intact. No issue these days

Karla Shaffer , isnt that about where Lydia was?

Cassie Phelps maybe u can answer this

Think positive and believe In The power of Prayer

Best talk to your Dr

Lots of prayer got us through

Ask your doctor not Facebook!!! Duh!!

Great! Love them up and thank God

They will do great :pray::pray::pray:

please ask your doctor.

Trust In God, pray! Our thoughts and prayers are going up.

U will get so many comments. Just love your little one and God bless u both

Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

Granddaughter born at 26 weeks. 2 pounds. Graduating from high school this month Magna Cum Laude.

1 Like

Prayers for both of you…

Very good these days.

Ask your doctor, not a bunch of random strangers!

My 11 year old was born 10 weeks early 3 lbs 8 oz. Tallest in her class now. They usually do alright but have to do a month or two in icu which is heartbreaking.

My son was born at 26 weeks. He weighed 2lbs 3oz and was 13 1/2in long. He will be 18 in 6 months, can’t even tell he was a preemie!!! He had a hole in his heart and lungs.

My son was born at 31 weeks, weighed 4 11 and stopped breathing upon his arrival. Was rushed to nicu was did fairly well. Once dr’s realized that he gained weighed with my milk and list weight being tube-fed formula when they ran out of my milk, he came home with me and thrived. He was small for a few years then he took off. He is now 34 with 4 kids. Stay positive and dont let your baby see when you are stressed. Use all the support you can get from family, the doctors and nurses. Good luck, praying your baby does well!!

My baby boy was born at 30 weeks to the day at 2lbs and 4ozs. I say to the day, because the doctors explained to me that he had a better survival rate by that week. Leading up to the day, they pumped me with steroids for his lungs and I stayed in the hospital from 24 weeks to 30 and I had a c section that day because the ultrasound showed his umbilical cord was not passing oxygen. God is good cause we made it! He’s 14yrs old and strong as a horse!

It depends on so many factors. Every baby and every situation is different. You’ll be in my prayers :pray:

Mine was born at 27 weeks. He’s 9 now, got a big ole head, super smart and won’t stop giving me his opinions on things.

if it makes you feel better, i was born at 28 weeks and and I am 33 years old now. have hope, don’t let fear overcome you.

I had a preemie born at 31 weeks and he is going to be 6 in September. 50 days spent in the NICU

Mine was born at 26 weeks and is healthy as can be

My daughter was born a month and 11 days early .she weighed 6 lbs and 7 ounces at birth , shes now 14 and looks like a 17 year old . she never spent time in nicu either . she s tall and built now and deftinly cant tell she was a preemie lol

My triplets were born at 28weeks at 2lbs 13oz, 2lbs 6oz and 1lb 5oz. They are 11 now. Great fighters!!

My son was born at 29 weeks 4lbs one week in hospital only problem he had didn’t know how to eat from bottle :heart:

Dont worry I know someone that had her baby at 25 weeks and this little girl is 2 now some babys need be NICU and some just get to come home with you but it’s ok your baby is gonna be great :slight_smile:

I had twins at 31 weeks that spent on 18 days in the NICU and are healthy 16 year olds :two_hearts:

I’m not sure of statistics, but I was a 30 weeker and I just turned 39. I was born with a collapsed lung and rds. Preemies are fighters!

1 Like

I had twins at 27 weeks that are getting ready to turn 8. We spent 104 days in the NICU

It depends! My son was 31 weeks, not expected to survive and now he’s 13!

My best friend and her two brothers was all born under 2lbs. Their mother never gave up and did all she could to keep them alive. She and her two brothers all lived and became normal healthy adults. It is possible for your baby to make it. I know some don’t but never give up hope. They are all over 40 years old now. Imagine back then there was a lot less doctors knew and medical care but they beat the odds because of their loving mother that spent every minute beside them, having to feed them through a tube and all. Their mother said it was the whole first year of their lives that she overly had to take care of them but she would do it all over again in a heartbeat. They was all born 3 years apart. When I heard about it I was at first at disbelief until their mom show me the pictures of them all when they was little.

Keep on praying, and fighting for your baby. I really hope your baby make it as well. You’ll be in my prayers. I know, it is the hardest thing to go through watching your baby fight to live but you got this. Your baby has this.

I know a girl who had her baby at 29 weeks and that baby is healthy! :blush:

This is not a general question as circumstances are all so different. Ask your pediatrician.

My son was born 3lb 2 oz at 29 weeks he stayed in the NICU for 5 1/2 weeks only problem he had was his digestive system wasn’t ready at first but by week 2 he was and after that we just had to wait for him to be at least 4lb to come home :blue_heart:

1 Like

Don’t know the survival rate but my niece was born at 26 weeks. She is turning 8 this week. Stay strong and stay positive. She is one of the healthiest and smartest little ladies I have ever met🥰

1 Like

I’m not sure of the survival rates. But I just wanted you to know that I am praying for your baby!!

2 Likes

Not sure on statistics but stay strong mama. My son was a preemie at 35 weeks and was only 4lbs 12.7 oz. Remember God only gives you what you can handle. Prayers and comforting thoughts :pray:

I have a friend who had her babe at 5 months, and that little booger runs us ragged. Think positively!

1 Like

Join some preemie groups online and don’t listen to “survival rates”. I have two born at 34 weeks but I see babies make it as early as 22 weeks now in my preemie groups.

1 Like

My twins were 2#13oz and 3#3oz both breach, was told 0% thru the night both are 53 yrs old now.

2 Likes

Lung maturation & lots of holding & skin on skin contact

1 Like

Ask. Your. Doctor. Sheesh.

My granddaughter was born at 27 weeks, 1lb 13oz stayed in NICU for 3 months.
She is 18 months, 15 adjusted
She is super healthy, has never had any health problems, wasn’t sent home on oxygen or a monitor.

Good luck to your little one & God bless!

Survival rates go up at I believe 29 weeks, but genders and race also affect this percent as well. Keep your head up

Congratulations on your new baby!! will keep you and your little one in my prayers.

Every baby is different. With good nursing care from you and your doctor, your baby stands a pretty good chance of surviving. Lots of babies born at 29 weeks grow into big strong adults.

There are 5 year old twims next door to me born at 22 weeks. Had a friend that had a baby at 21 weeks. All are healthy, normal and active kids with no developmental delays, other than being petite

My brother was born 2 months preemie. He’s 52 annoying, strong and fine in health with a side of assholitis.

1 Like

I have a 24 yr old son who was born at 28 weeks with multiple holes in his heart …he had them successfully repaired…he is nearly 6 ft and fit n healthy …good luck with your baby I ll pray for a good outcome for you x

My friend baby was born at 27 weeks he’s 3 now. I pray god will protect your baby

Some survive just b there and alot of skin to skin contact.praying 4 you and the baby.

Children’s hospital are great with premie survival. Girls do better then boys. I had 2 premie boys today they are age 39 and 27yrs old and Doing great with life. Keep faith and trust in God. He has great works ahead for your little one.

My granddaughter came into world at 3 pounds is now 9 years old and heart no problems. Everyone that meets her falls I. Love with her.

I had preemie twin boys 41 years ago. 8 weeks early. They r healthy strapping young men. And now the technology is so much better then back then.

Your doctor would be the one to access that. Too many different factors to consider…all cases are different and depend on the condition of the baby.

1 Like

My baby was 6 weeks early…she graduated last year with a lot of scholarships and great marks…heading to university

Why would you ask that on Facebook do you not have a doctor?

1 Like

My Premie is now 57.

My little boy was born at 31 weeks due date was 13th jan 2021 . He was born by emergency c section on 11.11.2020 . He is 6 months on the 11th .

I am 39 years old. I was born 24 weeks, weighed in at 2 pounds 2 ounces. I had to spend 3 months in the hospital (but that was almost 4 decades ago) I myself had a baby at 34 weeks she weighed 4lbs 10oz. We are both healthy. She had to stay in the NICU for 10 days. Have faith in the Lord and pray. I will be praying for you and your baby. Medicine has grown by leaps and bounds. Your baby will be fine

My son was born at 30 weeks and he did great. The nurses and doctors were amazing and this was 23 years ago. The advances that have been made in the medical field with preemies is astounding, you and your baby are in great hands.

1 Like

My brothers wife had twins very early! Josh weighed 2 lbs and a few ounces. Jer weighed just under 3 pounds. That was almost 30 years ago. They spent weeks in Nicu…but they both grew to be around 6ft…Josh about 175 lbs…Jer about 200 lbs… both got married with boys of their own now. Just pray, trust your drs, have a little faith and your baby should do fine!

6 Likes

I was born a preemie weighed less than 2 lbs. This was a miracle since I as born in 1958. My twin did not survive. She weighed a little over 2 lbs. Praying all will be well for your precious child

3 Likes

It’s highest if they can get to 28 weeks and girls tend to do better than boys. That’s what I was told. My daughter was born at 31 weeks, but was only 1 1/2 lbs. She’ll be celebrating her 28th birthday in July.:heart:

8 Likes

I don’t know the stats but I know two preemies that weighed less than two pounds who are doing well. They have a happy, healthy life and both have children of their own.
Prayers for your baby too! Trust the Lord to bring you through.

17 Likes

Preemies are fighters for sure. The NICU technology snd staff are some of the best around. My boy was 27weeks, 2lbs14oz. He is now almost 11 and healthy as can be. Sending prayers for itty-bitty :pray:

7 Likes

My great grandson was born at 29 weeks, he is 9 months old now and doing great, weighed 2 lbs when born, now 21 lbs and meeting milestones

3 Likes

My grandson was a 23 week baby. He will be 8 this year. He is fine. He needed no surgeries and has done fine. Other than being small for his age you wouldn’t know he was a micro preemie. I have a friend that had her baby at 26 weeks in 1984. she had heart surgery but has grown into a wonderful young lady with no complications. The knowledge and advancement has greatly improved since. Also I believe in the power of prayer.

My son was born at 26 weeks, 18 years ago!!! He is amazingly healthy and on his way to Boise State!

3 Likes

My niece was born at 24 weeks and she is 24 years old and doing great!

2 Likes

Know how you feel Jeanne. All ten of our grandchildren live right here in the area and until a month ago we couldn’t get together with them. Holidays were so sad. Hoping this year will be different.

1 Like

My granddaughter was born at 28 weeks and weighed 1 lb 7 oz she is 12 now. She is health and very sweet and compassionate young lady.

Why are you asking people you don’t know, I’m sure the doctors are doing everything they can for your baby.

2 Likes

My grandson was born at 28 weeks. He weighed 1.6lbs he stayed in the hospital for 8 months. He’s now a very big 15 year old. They work miracles these days! May your little one have a safe life!

In 1981 my daughter was born at 29 weeks weighing in st 2lbs 9oz. She spent her first 3 months in the hospital. She came home weighing 5lbs 3ozs. I don’t know the survival rate but I do know these babies are fighters and I never gave up on her

Please…my son was just a little premature, not like yours…take one day at a time. Listen and trust your doctors and nurses. Stay relaxed as much as you can. While you are listening to them…you will actually learn alot. Ask questions if not sure… that’s what they are there for.

My niece was a micro preemie she weighed 1 pound & she’s doing amazing. She never needed any surgeries and went home at 4 pounds after 2 months in the nicu

1 Like

My friend had twin boys at 24 weeks (micro premies) they were in the same sac (can’t remember the term for that) weighing 1 lb 14oz and 2 lbs 1oz. They had a number of issues and surgeries to go through the first year, but they are happy, thriving, crazy and really smart 12 year olds now :slightly_smiling_face:
You would never know they had any troubles in the beginning. Hang in there and know there are lots of good outcomes! Sending you big hugs!

1 Like

My granddaughter was born at 29 weeks did real good she is 21 today and beautiful

My daughter was born at 27 weeks and weight only 2 pounds…she will turn 23 years old next month, God willing. Technology today is much better. God bless your baby.

My daughter was born two months premature, weighed 2 lbs 4 1/2 ounces. Was in the NICU for 40 days, she is now 45 years old. Lots of faith and prayers , wishing you the best and that you will be able to bring your bundle of joy home soon.

Had my son at 31 weeks 2 lbs 4oz. He stayed in the hospital for about 5 weeks. He’s now 35 very smart and no health issues.

1 Like

My baby was born at 29.3 weeks and he is a perfect, 26 pounds, 17 month old now… :two_hearts:

1 Like

My grandson was born at seven months. Only in NICU only one week or so!

1 Like

My son was born at 29 weeks. He’s graduating college this weekend. He is a true fighter. I have a great family, great doctors and nurses and very supportive teachers. Prayers for you all

My son was born at 24 weeks. He was 22 oz. he is 25 now and doing great

My cousin and great nephew were both born at 26 weeks and cousin is now 10 and great nephew is 6

My daughter was born at 28 weeks, she weighed 2lbs 6oz. We stayed in the nicu 6 weeks after she was born.
She turned 16 this year! God is Good!

My grandson was
3 1/2 lbs spent 44 days in the NICU, just turned 7 and is doing great!

Don’t know the stats but my oldest grandchild born at 26 weeks and is now 29 yrs old. Prayers for your family!

I’m sure your baby will be just fine! I dont know survival stats or anything like that but I know when I had my baby , at the hospital I went to they had a wall full of pictures of beautiful, healthy young kids with quotes saying when they were born, how early they were born, and how small they were at birth. Some of them were born at 27 weeks. The medical advances we have today are amazing and I have all the faith in the world that your little one will be just fine and be home with you before you know it!

My Great Grand Daughter was born at 25 weeks and she will.be 4 in July and the smartest little one I have met. She is adorable. All babies are miracles .

Preemie here if they could save me at two lbs hundreds of yes ago I’m thinking they have many new technologies.Blessing for your sweet baby! And you

Any complications? Weight?Otherwise she will be fine! My niece weighed 2lbs 9oz, shes 40 now, healthy! They can work miracles! Pray pray pray❤️

The expertise of caring for premies is so good. Just have to spend a long time in the NICU.