I just had a preemie. Does any know for babies born at 29 weeks, the survival rate?

I was a preemie born at barely 27 weeks. I was 1lb 6oz , 43 years ago. My son was born a preemie at 28 weeks weighing 2lbs 7ozs. He is now 18 and super healthy!!

My son weighed 2 8 that was 35 yrs ago and he is doing great

My son was born at 26 weeks and breathed on his own after birth minimal issues.God is so good!

My nephew and niece just delivered twin girls at 28 weeks weighing a little over 2.5 lbs and they are doing well

My niece was 2 months early. She turned a 1 in March. The NICU nurses are the bomb. Prayers to you and your baby

Grandson born at 24 weeks. 1 lb 13 oz. Now he is 16, driving and a spectacular young man!

54 years ago I had a 29-30 week baby. He was a big one at 4 lbs. exactly. Dr said he would have been over 9 lbs if gone to term. He is a big strapping man. A survivor.

1 Like

My son was born at 24 wks. 1 pound 7 oz, 12 inches long. Heā€™s now 20 and 6ft. Perfectly healthy. He has learning delays and is mildly autistic. They do wonders with preemies today.

Our twins were born at 15 ounces and 1 lb and that was 21 years ago. Positivity,prayer,mommy milk and lots of contact. God is good

My daughter was born at 28 weeks. 1 lb 14 ou, she is now a very healthy 24 year old!

The question was-do we know the survival rate. From reading all of these post, the chances must be very high. Medical science has just amazed us all. Prayer is the way to go. Looks good for your baby. Blessings.

Itā€™s a pretty good survival rate as long as there are no major complications.
My youngest daughter was 27weeks 6 days, and she was 2lbs 2.7oz. She spent roughly 10 weeks in the NICU .
Today she is 7 years and almost 35lbs.

My twin granddaughters were born weighing in at 2lbs 13 oz and 3 lbs. 13 oz and are 7 today and a bundle of energy and perfect. Miracles happen every day. And you have just had a precious miracle

Donā€™t know the stats, but you I am a 27 week preemie who is now 54, my son was 31 weeks and just turned 23. Little guys are fighters!

My granddaughter was born at 30 weeks. She spent 5 weeks in the nicu and today is a happy healthy 7 year old

Every child is different, every situation is different. Donā€™t stress yourself out over statistics. Be there for your baby, listen to the Dr., nurses. And pray, pray like you never have before!
I will too!

My grand son was 2 and a half pounds at birth and now he is 21 very smart and handsome young man now

My son was born at 24 weeks. He was 1lb 9oz and today is a 22yr old who weighs 240. God works miracles in the hands of doctors and nurses. Just keep praying

My son was born at 28 weeks, 2 pounds. Heā€™s a healthy 24 year old with no health problems what so ever and just completed four years in the US Marines. :heart:

My granddaughter was born at 28 weeks. Shes about to turn 9 this month.

My Granddaughter was born at 24 weeks and she turn 9 years old today, she weighed 1 and a half pounds .

I weighed 3 pounds when I was born in 1948. Was a blue baby and not given much of a chance for survival. But here I am at 72 with 3 grown boys. Miracles do happen. Have faith in the doctors and nurses. NICUs are so advanced today. Talk to your baby and touch him as much as you can. Thatā€™s very important. :two_hearts:

My nephew was born at 21 weeks Weighing less than a pound. He is now a healthy four-year-old.

I think these days with proper care, very high. My niece had a premature baby boy in Jan at 1-lb 6oz and he is still in the hospital, maybe another 6 weeks, currently about 5lbs.

I had a preemie at 24 weeks and only 2 lbs. Spent 84 days in the hospital before coming home. That was 50 years ago.

My baby sister was born at 29 weeks 20 years ago and she just had her first baby not too long ago.

My daughter was 28 weeks. Sheā€™s going to be 33 years old next month.

My step grandfather was so small when he was born he fit in a cigar box. He is still alive in kicking. So just be optimistic

My friends daughter was born at 27 1/2 weeks and just turned 6 yesterday. Chances are better now so hope all is well

My nephew was born six months into pregnancy. He weighed a little over two pounds. Would never have known today he was a premie, 43 and doing well!

My cousin had hers at 26 weeks, Miss Parker is home and thriving! Keep praying and loving him/her

It honestly depends on so much more than how many weeks they are, I know a little girl who was born at 16 weeks only weighing a pound and sheā€™s still here

My son was born at 24 weeks. Had a few bumps along the road, but he is now 12. Also had a younger brother who was a premie, hes now 47.

My daughter was born at 30 weeks 2lbs 8oz ICU for 5 weeks was home on 6th. No problems healthy since.

I donā€™t know the statistics but thank the lord they can do amazing things today! With prayers and Godā€™s intervention the baby will be going home with mommy shortly!:heart::heart::pray::pray:

My friendā€™s baby was born 3 months early and weighed 1 lb, 12 Oz. He just turned 20 and plays hockey and goes to college!!! He is perfect!!!

My grand daughter was born 29 weeks. Was 2 and half pounds turned two this year

1 Like

My son was a 32 week baby and weighed 3lbs12 Was in hospital for four weeks and never had any problems.He is now 54. Your baby will be fine.

My twin granddaughters were born at 30 weeks ,will be 19 in July

My son was born at 28 weeks and is 42 today.

My friend had hers at 27 he graduated last year

Just hang in there. With all the good care, your baby will be fine!

In todayā€™s technology babies born in the 20week range have a high survival rate. Had a 23wker here. Had some hiccups along the way but she is a healthily 14 yr.

My twin brothers were born at 29 weeks and they are 59 and my twins were born at 30 weeks and will be 28 next month.

My Preemie was also born at about 29 weeks. She have her 50th birthday in July.

My granddaughter was born at 24 weeks and she is now 35. We just wanted her to survive , now she is happily married, with a beautiful baby and three master degrees. Now there are many more advances in medicine so the chances of survival are even higher. Never give up hope

My first set was 28 weekers. They were 2lbs 10oz and 2lbs 12oz. They will be turning 16 this year.

My husband was born 2lbs 4 oz and he is 50 yrs old

My son was born just at 30 weeks he weighed 2lbs 12 ounces he is 13 now. He spent 2 months in nicu to gain weight.

I had twins @27 weeks and they are now 23years old

Talk to a professional . No two cases are the same .and look forward too enjoying your precious one.:blush:

My granddaughter is now 17 and born at 29 weeks.

Caroline we are not doctors and each baby has its own genetic markers. Do not take any medical advice from here. Please contact your doctor

My cousin was 29 weeks, a little over 1 lb. He is now a healthy 2 year old! :two_hearts:

I was born weighing only 1 lb 3 ounces, and that was back in the day.

I had two premies, they are now 28 & 26 years old.

Preemie born at 7 1/2 weeks preemie, now going on 50 years old.

Your baby is going to be completely fine just have faith and keep praying and never give up fight for that baby you got this

If it helps, I am almost 75 years old and was 2# at birth.

My son was a 24 week preemie. Bes 26 years old today and doing wonderful. Depending on what type of problems they have st birth.

I was born at 2lbs I am a triple my sister were 3lbs back in 1954. We all did well. Just keep saying your prayers.

My son was 7 weeks early and weighed a little over 5 pounds and is now 34. He was only in the hospital two weeks.

My sister was born at 28 weeks and weighted 2lbs and dropped down to 1.5lbs she is now 50.

I had a 29 weeker he will be 35 this month !

I donā€™t know right off the bat but I do know itā€™s good

Focus on your baby and donā€™t ask this advice from the public. Each case is individual. Consult your doctor only about your baby.

I would thinm the doctor that delivered it it could give yoj that information. At least better I nfo than here.

My daughter came early to and she had to spend six weeks at the hospital but now she is almost 6 and completely full of life

I think itā€™s pretty good with todayā€™s technology. More and more 24 weekers are surviving. I donā€™t know the numbers but try to remain positive and give that baby as much love as you. Do as much Kangaroo care as they will allow if youā€™re able to hold baby.

Sounds like a question for your doc/pediatrician. .

1 Like

My daughters friend had her little boy ay 24 weeks. Heā€™s doing great!!! My prayers are with you!!!

I have a granddaughter born at 29 weeks(2lbs). Sheā€™s 20 now. Beautiful, healthy and very smart!! Prayers for your little oneā€‹:pray::pray:

Had a 27 week little girl in 2009ā€“1lb 9oz. Sheā€™s a perfectly healthy, smart and beautiful 11 year old.

1 Like

My grand-niece born at 29 weeks, and one pound 9 ounces, is a smart, healthy, beautiful 16 year old. Praying for you dear baby!:pray::heart:

Hold and speak life over your baby. Hold him close let him feel the love.

Medicine has come a long way. Hang in there mama! Prayers.

The have a great survival rate these days ,Iā€™m sure youā€™re baby will be fine

Every child is different. Talk with staff at your hospital. Prayers for all

Preemies these days have a very high rate of survival. Talk to your Doctor.

Google it. And prayers for you and baby.

I have 4 grandkids that were preemie and all are doing fantastic. 19, 16, 15 & 7 now :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Your baby will surviveā€¦just pray, trust God and believe!

With God all things are possible!

My 29 week old preemie is now a strapping almost 16-year-old boy, 6 feet tall weighs 180. Doing excellent in school and just an awesome caring person. Your baby will be fine, make sure to do all the therapies and take advantage of everything you can to give your baby a boost

Donā€™t pay attention to numbers. Youā€™ll only drive yourself crazy. The number Donā€™t know YOUR baby.

My son was born three months early. He weighed 1lb 14 oz. Was in the hospital for 4 months. He is 16 now.

1 Like

My niece was born at 29 weeksā€¦1 lb 11 ozā€¦sheā€™s 32. Now, with no doubt, strides have been made for high percentage of survival. I hope you have an amazing NICU with a great neonatal team.

27 weeks 1 day. Heā€™s 6 now & thrivingā€‹:heart::laughing:

Ask your doctor. Probably knows better than most people here.

My sister had Quadruplets at 26 weeks. They are 12 years old now and all healthy! The smallest was 1 1/2 lbs at birth.

Did shelby have here baby early.

Have a doctor? Ask them.

Every child is different

You do not need to be on Facebook asking this question. Ask your doctor.

My 23 weeker is now 3!

I was 3lb 2oz. Now Iā€™m 81 226 lb

Survival rates at that gestation are actually pretty high. Congrats!

My 28 week 2 lb premiere will be 39 in June

Question for a doctor!!!

Born two months early in 1963; NO NICU back then. Was wrapped in a blanket, stuck in a shoe box, put in the furnace top to stay warmā€¦parents told to pray & hope for the bestā€¦ best chance I had was living about three days according to docs. Celebrating #58 in Decemberā€¦fat & sassy as they come!

1 Like