If I go on vacation with the family I nanny for, would I need to watch their kids 24/7?

I would assume that yes, you would be doing it for work. However, they would understand that they can’t make you work the entire day. You would need your own break as well. I would have a discussion with them and ask them how many hours a day you will be needed.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to just… Ask the employer?

6 Likes

Facebook can’t answer that question for you, smh.

You should ask them. If you are going to be responsible for them 24/7 then you need to be paid more.

1 Like

Literally just ask them…

4 Likes

I was a nanny in San diego for a family of 5 for 4 yrs. I was asked a few times to go on vacation with them, now they don’t usually ask me to go with them.
I asked will I be watching the kids to? And if so what is my wage be or an wage increase?
I was told no it’s a vacation no watching the kids. Well I ended up watching the kids due to the parents wanting to go out where kids weren’t allowed.
Or they wanted to go too dinner without the kids.
Got a $2000.00 bonus plus a pay raise.
But what sucks I didn’t really get to have a vacation.

I would talk to your employers first, and see what they expect, and make sure you get it in writing. That means the hours, the days off, the rate of pay, who’s paying for tickets, room, meals, etc.

5 Likes

Live in nanny or not I doubt you will be used 24/7 but I would still ask. My guess is you were asked because you are like family and in case they needed you they had you. Reliable trustworthy etc…

Probably should be asking them :woman_facepalming::joy:

2 Likes

All y’all rude people on here.
Anyways :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
I think she is just trying to see different approaches she can take to the table.
I would just maybe say something like “I just want to know the expectations from me on the trip” or maybe “just to have a more clear understanding, are my hours still remaining the same?ect…?”
Something around that nature

Okay people, they said no bashing, seriously there is no need for some of you to act rude towards them.
I would think it would be normal time, otherwise I personally feel like they would have told you up front the difference in your schedule if you were to go with them. But yes, ask them just to be sure, I’m sure they would rather you ask than to be clueless on what your role is going to be. Much love and have fun if you decide to go!

1 Like

Ok/ how old are the kids and how much are they paying?

Are they paying you extra to go?
Definitely talk everything through before going on this trip.
You don’t wanna get left behind if there’s a misunderstanding.

2 Likes

i want to tell the world about the great and mighty spell caster called DR OSAGIEDE, my husband was cheating on me and no longer committed to me and our kids when i asked him what the problem was he told me he has fell out of love for me and wanted a divorce i was so heart broken i cried all day and night but he left home i was looking for something online when i saw an article how the and powerful DR OSAGIEDE,have helped so many in similar situation like mine his email address was there so i sent him an email telling him about my problem he told me he shall return back to me within 48hrs i did everything he asked me to do the next day to my greatest surprise my husband came back home and was crying and begging me to forgive and accept him back he can also help you contact him on his page link

I had a friend who did this and the expectation was that the nanny was available at all times to watch the kids so the parents could go do their own thing whenever they wanted. I’m assuming they’re paying your wages plus the trips so you’re there for a job versus a vacation. That being said maybe they could even give you an hour or two to yourself while you’re there so you could look around or do your own thing. Definitely negotiate this before you leave though.

7 Likes

What has that got to do with cheating unless you’re sleeping with the husband

5 Likes

Simple answer . . . ask the parents what their expectations would be in relation to nanny duties. From there, you’ll be able to determine whether you’d be ok with their expectations, and what the pay rates would be (if you accept, make sure to get agreement in writing, just so there’s no mistaken assumptions or misunderstandings on either side).

8 Likes

Just ask, it’s a simple question will you be working your regular hours or extra hours on top.

Um why you asking us, and not them? Clarify with your employer. Damn the questions on here, I guess we’re all Nurses, Doctors and Therapist.

7 Likes

Ask them . I was a nanny for a family that went to the Jersey Shore. I was not working whole time nor on call.

Thats something you need to work out with them. If you go, you ARE there to work BUT you have to have your time too like any job.

2 Likes

I would only say 24/7 if they compensate you for the entire week 24/7

Dear god how many pages and groups are you going to post this on

3 Likes

Wow why not ask them

4 Likes

Why aren’t you asking them this, no basing here but how would we know this answer? I would personally be glad I was getting a free vacation.

My suggestion would be to be right up front and ask what hours you will be expected to be on duty.

Dont go relex its you time off enjoy while you can they don’t call you for nothing you will be watching the kids 24/7 all the vacation

You will have to politely ask them to outline the hour and wage expectations.

2 Likes

You should probably ask them

Ask them !!!

They’re inviting you along for childcare, so I would expect anytime they want to do something as a couple and the rest of the time is your own. That’s how it was for me when I used to be a Nanny, however only your employers can confirm this for you. I’m a little concerned by the lack of communication.

3 Likes

Totally understand where your coming from as a nanny myself it seems expected of us but no we are nannys not the parents set them straight before hand I tell my daughter I’m a nanny not a permanent babysitter

WTF does this have to do with being Fed up with lying & cheating?

6 Likes

You need to discuss a new regime with the parents, before the holiday.

Honestly you’ll have to ask what their expectations are

I would ask them. We don’t know the answer to that :two_hearts:

When did this become an ask stupid questions page?

1 Like

Just ask them.

100% communication is the best thing in any relationship.

Tell them what you expect and ask them what they expect and come to an agreement.

I would just sit them down and start off by saying that you were only asking these questions for clarification so that you know what will be expected of you and so that you can fill your duties to the best of your ability and are prepared for what it’s going to be like you have not been on vacation with them before and if you put it that way I don’t think that they’ll have a problem with you asking or be upset with you for asking just make it sound like you want to be properly prepared to be able to better serve the children and them on their vacation so you just want to have a conversation about what’s going to be expected of you on the vacation such as hours, are you taking them to any activities that are around the hotel or wherever you are going to be, are you going to get a different pay if they have you with the kids at night if your job is normally during the day stuff like that

That’s just what I would do but good luck.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but you’re definitely not going to get the answer here. if you take care of their children you should be comfortable enough to speak with them about how this is going to work

2 Likes

Just ask them I’m sure not day and night it is a family vacation so I’m sure they want to spend time with their kids to

Ask them no harm in asking

Talk to them and ask what your responsibilities will be and what they will expect for you. Let them know what you are willing to do as this will be your vacation to. And GET IT IN WRITING. You never know what someone can try to pull. And make copies

3 Likes

Ask them to clarify this for you in writing as an employer they should be more than happy to assist you, also if they require you to be nanny on holiday full time request 2 days annual leave so that you can ejoy the trip also :wink:

That’s something you need to ask them and make clear before you go

1 Like

Should be your normal hours unless they plan on paying you more :wink:

Ask them, not Facebook.

You work for them. You’re not family. So set the boundaries before you go. Honestly. They are gonna expect more hours if they are paying for travel,hotel stay and so on. They aren’t asking you so you can get a vacation. They’re asking if you would like to go with them so they can have a vacation, and you can watch the kids. But like everyone is saying. Ask them

13 Likes

Ask them…maybe dinners, or a day out…tell them this is a first time for you and your not sure what is expected

1 Like

You’ll be fine,go have fun

Just talk to them and ask about it

7 Likes

You should probably ask them?

10 Likes

Im thinking thats something only they can answer…many families want ft but give you time away…

I suggest asking them

Ask if you are going for work or vacation

4 Likes

Ask and set some boundaries.

4 Likes

I would tell them no thanks . Because My body needs some rest . It was nice of you to ask

Ask them and clarify it.

It’s a concern/question that needs to be asked ahead of time. Have an idea of what you are willing to do in the discussion.

I just saw this on a different page…

9-5. But you should talk to them to see what their expectations are. If it is 24/7 and you choose to go, charge according… including double time for after hours.

16 Likes

A simple conversation would clear it…

4 Likes

My daughter is a nanny and travels with her family. They set a schedule for her specific to vacation (usually her normal days but maybe add an evening for dinner etc). Just discuss with family prior to agreeing.

:joy::joy::joy::joy: i think you already know the answer

2 Likes

I think it would be a good idea if it was discussed with the parents and not with FaceBook​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:
Because then FB would have to discuss it with the parents for a Answer and that could get messy.:grin:

2 Likes

I would ask them that’s the only way you’re going to know…

1 Like

Well, I’d probably ask my employer. Frankly I do t think you should be watching children.

I’d be very concerned about anyone being responsible for the lives of small children that does not even have the problem solving capabilities to ask their employer when they have a question pertaining to their employment.

You need to ask them that question

I’d Ask… But I think you’d be on call, as they needed you, could mean most of the day & night :woman_shrugging:t4::grimacing:

1 Like

I’d think that if they are taking their kids on vacation, they will be spending the majority of the time with them. They probably just want you for an extra helping hand. Just ask them.

Probably have to mind them at night so they can go enjoy evening out dining ect

2 Likes

If going abroad isn’t part of the agreed terms in which they employed you… I wouldn’t go have the week off.Go and see your family amd friends.:laughing::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Well if they’re asking you to go I’d say 24/7 your job would be to look after the kids while they have fun but yeah ask them

4 Likes

MY Joy is back to me after a very long time which i and my ex separated since i was alone my life change,every thing about me change a friend of mine gave me an email address and told me that this was the email address she contacted when she was in the same problem so i contacted the email i got a reply he ask me to send him my number so i did he was a man call Dr osagiede. he is a spell caster he casted a spell for me and told me that within two day that my ex we be back for good within that two days my ex was back i and my ex just got married
You can also message him on his pages link
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Ask them. Closed mouths don’t get fed. And unless they’re willing to pay for your time AND travel expenses, I wouldn’t do it. Also, if you’re exoected to be a nanny 24/7 you make sure you’re being paid for your 24 and your 7. People do this. They try to lure with the guise of a paid vacation so you can slave after their kids while they have all the fun. Not saying your employers are, but just kindly ask, "If I were to accept your offer, what would my duties and hrs be? Would I be paid regular salary or extra? If it’s not worth it, don’t do it. It’ll set a precedent that will NEVER work in your favor.

That’s something you ASK THEM lol

I go with the family I work for and they rent me a hotel room or condo as well as a car. I work overnights from 7pm to 7am. Oh and they do pay me a bonus bc I have to have someone care for my pets at home. Hope that helps.

Uhhh…what? That’s your job and you’re asking if you should do your job?

2 Likes

It’s their vacation not yours I’m pretty sure you would be on call.

4 Likes

I would ask other nannies what was expected of them and what thier experiences of going on a holiday with a family is like, then you should sit down with your family and discuss what is expected and come to an agreement

3 Likes

Ask them if your gonna get free time or more money if they make you fo overtime this could be good they want 1 or two nights and are giving you days off to cover or it could be 24/7

If they are asking you to come it’s most likely because they want you watching the kids after all you are a nanny. Better yet why not ask the family instead of coming to fb

4 Likes

Ask them to clarify if your working hours will be the same on holiday as you do normally… if they want you to do extra they should pay extra x

3 Likes

You know thats maybe what they have in mind is a vacation for them…while you are the one not on vacation watching the children all the time you are there.
Sorry
I wouldnt do it…
I had a live-in situation that started out with boundaries but eventually I had to quit and move as I became 24 hour concierge for them.

3 Likes

That’s something you’d need to discuss with them as only they know what they’re expecting of you

16 Likes

You definitely need to discuss the terms

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s possible for anyone on this page to know the answer to this. Only the family you work for would be able to answer for you.

24 Likes

You should probably ask,more questions about stuff like food, activities, hours you’ll work pay yoll be getting. Non of us can,tell you

10 Likes

I would just ask the family for clarification on what is expected of you if you go

3 Likes

I would talk to them about it. I’m sure hours would change… &they might want to be able to get away just the two of them at night.

5 Likes

Ask them if it’s business or pleasure if you go. Definitely work it all out with them. None of us are going to have the answer.

4 Likes

Americans! Gotta love ya :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Ask them, maybe you won’t have to watch them at all!!

1 Like

Bring your concerns up to them. Perhaps get it in writing for when the time comes.
What hours you would be responsible for kids
Where you would be staying
What would you get paid
Who is responsible for your food, lodging, travels etc
What their expectations are

6 Likes

Ask the family what the expectations are.

4 Likes

Thats the reason they want you to go to watch the kids why they roam :joy::rofl: and yes it will be 24/7

4 Likes

Talk to them about it.

1 Like

You Need to ask them . That is very understandable!

1 Like

I had my sitter come with me on a family vacay. & I just asked her to help mostly at night time after we did kid stuff all day. A few times she watched them while I went to eat or go to the store. But yea mostly at night. Definitely need to speak with her & what she expects!