If I quit my job to be a stay at home mom will I get more child support?

Don’t hashtag this #motherhood. Not every mom has such a warped way of thinking. Grow up.

1 Like

Nope because they will still put your income as minimum wage at 40 hours a week

Try finding a work from home job so you can WORK, and not live off someone else…

I feel like this post is a joke lmao. There’s no way that someone with at least one brain cell would actually ask this question… Especially ask a bunch of strangers on social media! (annonomys or not) :unamused:

Is this a serious question? It’s child support for the child Not you!

1 Like

Um no you have to work , he provided 50 your provided the other 50 percent …

Girl, If your kids are in school full time then get a full time job! Or go back to school & get a degree or two…

It is unnessary for you to be a stay at home mom and WRONG for YOU to expect him to pay more!

Your kids are in school. Why??? If the summers are an issue get a job working in a school. But no, the judge will not do that

If you’re able to work and just choose not to they’ll still calculate it as you’re working full time at min wage, but CS could go up if you’re min wage and he’s making way more.

Wow! I can’t believe that’s even a thought. Just because the ex doubled his salary doesn’t mean you don’t have to contribute to supporting your children.
A judge will go off of his salary for CS so yes you may be able to get it increased, however…the judge is also going to take into consideration what you could potentially earn as well. If you’re able to work…you better keeping working or you may just find yourself in a position of not being able to support your kids even with CS.

All regulations are based on the state you live in and how they calculate support

Why don’t you just ask for a review based on his new salary???

No extra. It’s a set amount ordered by the Judge

How did you get full custody??? Do you take care of your kids?

No and the judge will hopefully put you in your place for being lazy and greedy.

Do not allow his cash to be your only form of income. He can lose his job or life tomorrow. Then what?

Yes he will have to pay more if your unemployed. Judge looks at the numbers

Is this even a legitimate question?

Be an adult. Work for a living. Stop trying to get something for nothing.

Yea why would u when. Kids r in school all day?

Maybe move to part time? Instead of quitting? Either wise idk

Oh come on! Why are people even responding and entertaining this type of stupidity?

You are what is wrong with society today :expressionless:

3 Likes

Get a work from home job, it looks like that the way to go now since covid

DO WHATEVER U CAN TO BECOME A STAY AT HOME MOM. YOUR KIDS DESERVE IT, fuck what these ppl say💗.

In all honesty, many of these women prob wanted to stay home with their babies, but it didn’t work out for them and it pisses them off that u think u deserve it. Fuck em.

1 Like

Wait, is this serious… You playin. Isn’t that fraud? If not it should be. Some of you really play too much fr.

Depends on state but no Texas doesn’t count mothers income only the fathers

Maybe stay working and still ask for an increase due to his raise?

Wow :clap: if you want him to support you why don’t you just get back with him?

Nope, you volunteered to shorten your income, they will not make him pay more.

I bet you want welfare and food stamps too, right?

What kind of backward thinking is this?

Why would you? I’m confused as fuck. Seems shady

This is a joke, right? Both of your kids are in school all day and you just don’t want to work and make your EX pay for you to live??? Smh.

I don’t see how that is ethical?

Not sure what state you are in but after the age of 5 you are required to work here.

Umm… your kids are in school all day… why can’t you work?

In my state, they base camp off of what you would be making if you were still employed based on previous employment. Fir this very reason.
Why do you feel he is obligated to take care of you? Your babies are in school all day . Bitter? Manipulative? Is this in the best interest of the kids or your own? It takes two to make ends meet in a relationship where people live together. Why would you believe you are entitled to take more because you don’t want to work? Babies are not cash cows….

I am not sure if CS would judge, but I sure am. :thinking:

If you can’t afford it on your own then no.

Yeah this question is pretty disgusting. So you want to be a freeloader just because you can?

How is he suppose to support himself?

This is what you call a bm terrorist smh should feel ashamed of yourself i hope the judge gives him his kids since he can actually take care of them women like THIS is why men kill themselves over CS women drain them of everything and half the damn time dont even spend CS on the kids 🤦🏻

You sound like a greedy bitch. You want to stay home when you don’t have kids home? And you want your ex who is working his way up at his job to pay you more money bc you want to quit for no reason? Please check yourself.

1 Like

Sounding like u dont wanna work don’t be tht person thts his dough he’s taking care of his kids stop trying to be a gold digger not a good look :thinking::angry:

Sounds like you need to find a Sugar Daddy if you want to stay home sitting on your arse all day. At least with a Sugar Daddy you’d be getting some exercise.

Or you can contribute to society like a normal fucking human being and get a damn job.

3 Likes

If I was him and you tried that BS I would file for full custody and make you pay child support.

2 Likes

Wtffffff??? You sound like entitled gold digger. Why should he pay your bills so you can stay at home?

Wow wow Wow
CHILD SUPPORT IS FOR CHILDREN-
NOT YOU.

1 Like

This is unbelievable. Is not your ex’s responsibility to take care of you, regardless if he’s getting paid more or not. He has his own life, bills etc to pay. This sounds so wrong and entitled. Your kids aren’t even small kids at that, they’re in school. You wouldn’t even be a “ stay at home mom” you’d be just a “ stay at home feeding off your child support “. Please show your children some decency. But not only that, you should never depend on any man, not a Baby dad, not a boyfriend not a husband. Have your own Bag!

But most times we don’t listen to opinions and advices so I hope you do proceed to court and a judge knock your senses!

Is this some sort of joke? I mean this can’t be a real question….

Is money the only reason? If so I’d highly recommend just stay working.

Tell me you’re lazy without telling me you’re lazy. Why would you want you’re “baby daddy” to support you? That’s just sad. You’re poor kids, I feel sorry for them. I work because I want my kids to grow up and be hard working people as well. Obviously there are parents out there who can’t work. The last time I checked that CS was exactly that CHILD SUPPORT not baby momma support.

Wow! :flushed::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I have no words for you. Your wrong all the way around!

1 Like

This is so dead beat. Be better for your kids.

2 Likes

Let me just say this BE GRATEFUL YOU GET CS!!! A lot of mothers dont! I for one don’t I raise my child on my OWN with the help of my family when needed I have supported her since the day I found out I was pregnant up til now she is 8 no help from her donor! I work two full time jobs and once in awhile need help! Keep your job support yourself and the 50% your responsibilities to your children! This is beyond childish

It is still YOUR JOB to take care and support your kids. Good lord, what will you do if he happens to lose his job? You and your children will be fucked :grimacing::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Is this a joke? It has to be. :weary:

Is this for real?

LMAO.

So many single parents on here who get NOTHING in support BUST. OUR. ASSES. to provide the BEST for our kids and you want to quit your job because what you DO get isn’t enough? Because you don’t want to or you don’t feel you should have to SHARE the financially responsibilities of raising YOUR children? SMDH.

Unbelievable.

Um no and it’s not his responsibility to take care of you, just your kids

3 Likes

The purpose of child support is to SUPPORT the CHILD. Not to accommodate the mother if she decides not to work :woman_shrugging:t3:

That’s not what CHILD support is for. You BOTH have to financially take care of the your children :blush:

Is this a real question?

:joy::joy::joy:
That money is to support your children… not you! I say keep your job to pay your bills. If you are unhappy where you are, find a new job.

1 Like

I hope this is a fucking joke! You know that money isn’t for you to sit on your ass right?! It’s not to support YOU!! It is to help you support YALLS kids! This post pisses me off so bad!

You can def get an increase if his salary doubled. Request a review. Idk if I would’ve told the whole world it’s so you can quit your job tho🥴 lmao

1 Like

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: sooo quit ur job and sit home all day while kids are in school and live off ur ex??? Be a strong woman and support yourself. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

They will go off of you working full time at minimum wage whether or not you are actually working. Just went thru a divorce and I was a stay at home mom to toddlers, all states according to my lawyer now assign minimum wage earnings to non working parents in the basic support calculations.

Ew why would you wanna be at home all day while your kids are in school,and you not working and expect that man to support you all the way? His job is to support one half of his children. Not 100 % of you and the kids. Keep your job. That’s gross.

5 Likes

what your asking for is alimony. not child support.

Firstly I feel sorry for your ex! Secondly keep your job to set the appropriate example for your kids!!!

No what’s wrong with you :grimacing::grimacing::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4: if I was him I would even quit my job so you can learn a lesson !!! Don’t be angry and try to squeeze the poor guy his already paying and being responsible !!! You want more money you work for it, don’t go depending on no man !!! You wanna be a stay at home mom you look for something else to do to sell and get money from home!!! What’s wrong with you !!!

Pull your own weight. Set a good example.

Ahaha this post did not go the way she probably thought it was lmao

3 Likes

I feel like even a judge would laugh at this…

Wait…what the what!!!
I’m just going to politely say, grow TF up. It’s not your children’s father’s job to support your ass

You are what give struggling mums a bad name. Putrid!!

1 Like

You need a sugar daddy not more child support if that’s the lifestyle you desire. :joy:

2 Likes

Thats pretty fuked up…:unamused: work stop being lazy you’re just as responsible for your kids as he is wtf!

Uuummm no…child support is just that…to SUPPORT THE CHILD!

Not trying to bash you but do u realize how selfish you just sounded :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Keep your job and stop being stupid…perhaps go back to school or get another job if you need more money!!! I get less than what me and ex agreed on but I’m understanding to him not being able to find more work or steady work I know I can’t live off him and i was a stay at home mom our entire relationship because he didn’t want our kids to grow up in daycare. Now I wish I had been more persistent about me having my own income but I do not use him to for money…he gives what he can.

Women like u give us real moms that do need the cs to help pur childrwn a bad name

3 Likes

This is a disgusting post. I hope to God you let him see his kids too!

1 Like

Not sorry… It’s called CHILD support not ex / child support… SMH…

1 Like

You should take the time to actually read what you just wrote so you could see how selfish and shitty you sound. You just want to be lazy.

4 Likes

This is a very sad post. The kids aren’t an income for you girl.

1 Like

Yall really doing a whole lot of judging. She asked for very specific info- not judgment. Yikes.

I’d say if you can’t afford to be SAHM on your own, plz don’t quit!!!
Imagine him finding out you did that then he quits…eeek​:woozy_face::rofl:

Like, this is a joke post right?! Is this a test? This can’t be serious….

I don’t even receive the court ordered child support I’m supposed to get on my son, and have continued to work my ass off to make sure my kids have the best possible life. They’ve seen me graduate from college twice, and know that I got my education and work FOR THEM! He knows I don’t receive the child support and everything he has is because me and my husband choose to work our asses off to give him, his sister, and his brother a great life.

And guess what…my son still talks to his dad on the phone on a very regular basis and goes for his scheduled visitations and I still send pictures and try to keep him in the loop despite our very busy life and his refusal to support his son. It just is what it is.

It is women like this that give moms who might actually need the child support a bad rap. If I received the child support, my son would literally never have to be told he can’t have something, but instead he has to learn the value of a dollar and that you can’t always have what you want because bills and groceries come first.

I also don’t punish my ex for not paying or “not paying enough”. This mom is probably also one of those moms that wouldn’t let her ex see or talk to his kid(s) if he didn’t pay.

This whole post is absolute insanity. Have some respect for yourself and set an example for your children. Wow. Just wow. It’s pathetic to think you can get more child support just so you can stay home and do nothing while your kids are in school. To think he wants to support YOU. No. It’s only his responsibility to support the kid(s). Keep your damn job and have some dignity.

People are unbelievable sometimes I swear. :woman_facepalming:t3: Just lazy. :roll_eyes:

It’s called child support NOT STAY AT HOME MOM SUPPORT tf?!

No you need to work and help take care of YOUR kids!

Me who doesn’t get child support reading this :eye: :lips: :eye:

2 Likes

Wtf. Are you serious rn ?! Put your big girl panties on . KEEP your damn job so you can pay YOUR bills! You are not his responsibility .

Atleast he pays his child support :woman_facepalming:

You’re sorry as hell that’s the problem!

1 Like

This has to be the most selfish post ever

1 Like

It’s women like you that ruin the system.

1 Like

A girl I know did this n the judge told he well now you can pay child support n gave the kids to their dad

1 Like