I'm married and in love with another man

During college I was so in love with a guy and we dated on and off. Even when we were off were on. I thought he loved me but he did not freely open up about his emotions. After college, he finally got a job after being turned down for over a year but moved out of state. He kept up with me but declined a relationship because he was scared where he would end up having to move to. After many years, he ended up marrying someone. I married someone. I resolved with just being friends things were good. Then the day came and out of the blue he drops those three words that you long to hear. However, the tense of the words was present tense not past. I shrugged off and said I know that you love me, friend. He said No, I have always loved you and still do ! You could have knocked me over with a feather. The words I have wanted to hear for so long and given up because the past is the past. My heart stopped beating and I instantly started thinking about the past and how he always makes feel when we are together and the passion we share. I have seen him and the chemistry and passion is still there. After all these years, it is still so easy to talk and be with each. We laugh , share jokes, help each other with present life situations, vent and just talk for hours. He has always been my go to when the world is not kind. My husband has suffered many health issues and has suffered loss of cognition. His wife never makes time for him and she is not there for him. I am not a home wrecker and don’t want to be but we still sooooi in love. It is so frustrating to be in love with someone you can’t have.

270 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I'm married and in love with another man - Mamas Uncut

i think both of you should just file for a divorce lol its simple

14 Likes

You can’t help loving someone, but it’s only right to be fair & divorce prior to continuing the relationship with the other man.

16 Likes

Infatuation is dangerous. Leaving a husband for what you think you want is dangerous. You are both different now.

11 Likes

I was going to say divorce if you’re really in love with this person. But man I can’t help but feel for your husband. “Loss of cognition” you’re only attracted to someone else because this person is healthy. What if your husband were 100% healthy? Would you still pursue talking to this person?

10 Likes

Divorce your husband first if that’s the case.

2 Likes

Grass isn’t always greener on the other side and you should have never gotten married if you were always emotionally invested and hung up on someone else

15 Likes

dang, leave your husband when he’s down :unamused: can’t respect it

13 Likes

Time to file for a divorce that is just straight wrong to do your husband like that put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself would I be ok with this if the tables were turned

8 Likes

Wow… Obviously you forgot what your Vows were. Put yourself in his shoes and pretend roles were reversed. How would you feel if he did this to you? Obviously you need to sit down with your HUSBAND and have a talk and probably Marriage Counseling. Sounds like you’re digging yourself a hole there. Drop the other Man because he is Married. But if you really want to go that route. Divorce your Husband and make sure the other Man divorces his Wife. Hopefully no kids are involved on either side.

5 Likes

That man does not really love you. If he did, he would’ve snatched you up when he had the opportunity. Chances are, his relationship is failing and he’s leaning to you for emotional support and hoping he can get more from you by telling you what you’ve always wanted to hear. Gaslighting at its finest. You should try to make peace with what was and close that door for good.

75 Likes

Do you love your husband?! Or Stop because he started to decline? I mean you can’t help feeling how you feel but stop to think of him for a minute. You married him in sickness and health. Kinda says what kind of person you are if that is the case. You need to put yourself in your husbands shoes and for heaven sake DONT CHEAT. You need to look within yourself and remember the grass is not always greener and you never truly know someone until you live with them. That’s when they show their true colors.

14 Likes

So I actually had a health concern that I wanted support for and I submitted it a week ago dkdnt go through. but bs like this goes through?

2 Likes

How did you say I DO while loving another man? Seems like your just wanting green grass :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Make sure you sure you aren’t just obsessed with him and that it’s also not the idea of being with him that you are in love with

1 Like

For better or worse thru sickness and health…those are common vows said and you wouldn’t be honoring it …but that’s just me .I hate to be this person but being a married woman my self I couldn’t fathom a spouse doing this .

3 Likes

Unfortunately he can easily be playing you. Some men want their cake and to eat it too. But the fact you are not “in love” with your husband enough to not mingle else where, says it’s divorce time. You stringing him along is horrible.

9 Likes

wow…ive always believed in the whole “if u love them let them go, if they come back its meant to be or however it goes. i dont see how u could love another honestly, i have recently put my mother (69) in a nursing home for severe dementia. We moved her quite aways away because none of the nursing homes near us had locked door facilities. anyway my dad talks to my mom for 30 min a day, i have to listen to him sob anout how bad he misses her, how he wants her back with him, he wants to be husband and wife again. He will never give up on her, i dont see how anyone could say goodbye if u really loved ur spouse or so :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

If he loved you, he would have told you alot earlier. Gaslighting at its best. Also I feel for your husband. I to suffer with many medical issues and my husband is my rock. Your husband deserves better.

32 Likes

Seems like you watched sex life a few too time .

I feel like this is a lower level of “sex life”

Girl if he loved you he would’ve said that years ago.

7 Likes

If he wanted you that badly, he would have told you and did whatever he had to to be with you.

4 Likes

Maybe u both are unhappy in marriages XXX
Think u both need to sort out Ur own marriages and see if they can be fix with a bit off work and understanding XXX because u both may fine u both going to one mate u laugh and have fun with u both don’t have the stress off life and married life stress together xxxx u both need to really stop and think xxxx

He is using you as a second choice.

5 Likes

I feel bad for your husband, your a piece of work, a piece of something! :poop:

10 Likes

You can have him. Just get divorced.

4 Likes

You need to back tf up. Let him handle his business first, and if your husband isn’t your priority then you should handle yours too. :woman_facepalming:t3:

5 Likes

Funny how you both get it each other and it’s oh sooo butterflies but both your partners have issues or not attentive to you, sounds like you both looking for excuses to justify to cheat or be together by blaming it on your partners.

15 Likes

Meanwhile his wife is probably at home doing all the work to keep his family together and thriving. Don’t give into this BS as many have said… oh he feels this way now right… but he couldn’t tell you years ago because??? Just red flags everywhere!

15 Likes

Didn’t read it all. Leave him. He deserves better than you.

5 Likes

There is a saying in my country… Do Not Trouble. TROUBLE. stand clear my dear…

2 Likes

Sickness and in health. I feel bad for your husband.

5 Likes

Grass is always greener or so they say

His wife is making him feel neglected so instead of communicating with her he’s leading you on as a side piece because he knows you’re his “fall back girl”. My advice, you should focus on your marriage and decide whether you want to be with your husband or not and if not get a divorce. Regardless you should block this guy because he’s nothing but trouble and you’re falling for it.

35 Likes

This is so fucking cringeworthy.

So much for the through sickness and health vows lol I guess u both divorce your spouses and then move forward. I myself would never marry anyone if I was in love with a previous boyfriend and couldnt get over him.

1 Like

It’s til death do us part. Take care of your husband

Sweetie you’re in love with a memory. Go home and embrace the man you’re been blessed to have in you life.

22 Likes

This guy didn’t love you enough then to make that commitment. It sounds like sunshine and rainbows but the reality could be a lot different if you were to be together. Stop communicating with him and move on from him once and for all.

7 Likes

It sounds like you are in love with the thought of love. You have been put through hell with your husbands health. But you said in your vows in sickness and in health. So you need to decide whether this “love” is worth throwing your marriage away.

2 Likes

Sounds like you both deserve each other to me.

2 Likes

Your husband deserves someone who will truly love him.

3 Likes

I feel so sorry for your husband and his wife.

18 Likes

If you love him, let him go. I’d give the same advice to him too. Theres a reason why you guys never ended up together in the past. You’re both married, maybe both unhappy, but that cannot be solved when your feelings are fixtated on someone else. X

4 Likes

Oh poor fella, my wife doesn’t understand me . Same old BS. He’s a married man! I feel bad for your poor husband . Just sad

6 Likes

You’re both disgusting humans. I hope your spouses find out and leave you both.

10 Likes

You’re a loser and I feel bad for both of your partners . Sleep well when he don’t want you and your partner finds out and leaves. You deserve it.

4 Likes

Uh yeah, you’re a home wrecker. You’re falling for someone who long ago denied you. You wouldn’t have entertained this man if you truly loved your husband. There is no excuse to cheat, NONE, and the fact that you’re at the point where feelings are being admitted with your “friend” means you’re already cheating.

16 Likes

Remember the grass isnt always greener on the other side, but also keep in mind that your happiness matters and I say you only live once! Your feelings matter and if this man makes you happy go for it, but be a decent wife, woman, and person about it the both of you! I think if you ask him to leave his wife things…may not be what you think, but I do not know this man!

2 Likes

ok turn it around how would u feel if it was ur husband cheating on you. If the man is cheating on his wife with u hes gonna cheat on you too. its wrong. Id break open tell ur husband and maybe he will forgive u or maybe not either way u cant keep going on this way.

Why get married if he loves you… why get married when you clearly still love this guy… This is a mess. Now I know it was probably not expected at all but if you guys want to go further with this you need to leave your spouses now. Don’t play games around them.

2 Likes

I didn’t read it, not worth my time . Stop asking strangers what you should do. Leave or honor your marriage. Why would you ask strangers, about something so private?..that is whats weird to me, this happens 24/7…be right or get gone, attention much?

4 Likes

Wow your husband deserves wayyyyy better than you.

9 Likes

That college crush doesn’t love you cuz if he did he would be with you right now. You both aren’t happy in your current relationship, so what makes you think you both will be happy with each other. It will be fun for 6 months then go down hill. You both need to grow up and stop living in the past. I feel sorry for you husband and his wife. You are a piece of shit cuz now you want to leave your hubby now cuz he’s sick. Garage human being

He’s unhappy now and is trying to see if the grass is greener on the other side. He’s the one who couldn’t commit, he married someone else. Love the one you with. Don’t ruin it all for maybe. You even stated that you guys were always on and off.

6 Likes

Tell him to try again when divorced

1 Like

Sounds like you both need to get divorced.

1 Like

Some people are just cruel. She is asking for support not to be torn down anymore. She is only human just like the rest of you.
Feelings and emotions are real regardless of timing. She hasn’t “acted” on anything. Be kind or be quiet jeez!!

15 Likes

I been in your spot trust me not worth messing with I learned this the hard way! I have to live with it every day the past is the past for a reason

I am older and I am a firm believer in doing what makes you happy. I will NEVER EVER live for someone else again. That being said… cheating is wrong so put on your big girl panties and get a divorce if you’re not happy

2 Likes

I wonder how your current hubby would feel if he knew that you were hanging out with another man you are in love with… :thinking:. If I was him I’d be leaving you. Do him a favor and leave!

3 Likes

I didn’t even read a quarter of a way through before I knew I had no sympathy. So you’re in love with another man?

Here’s where you start-
Divorce your husband cause he deserves better & then go on doing whatever it is you seem to want to validate yourself for doing…

23 Likes

This is gross. If you’re not happy leave. I’m sure your husband would rather know then be strung along. Same for his wife.

3 Likes

Polyamory is a valid relationship style. But that would involve both of you being honest and open with your current partners…which you’re not right now. This is cheating. You’re allowed to want both. That is valid. But it is not ethical to lie and cheat so don’t do that. Do lots of research on polyamory and discuss it with your husband. Keep in mind that your marriage was built on certain terms and what you are proposing is a change in relationship style that he does not have to be ok with. But honesty gives him the chance to transition or walk away.

7 Likes

Why he only love you now when you’re both married to other people? He sounds like someone who can’t commit and you sound like you’re easily falling for his BS.

P.S. - both of your spouses deserve better

15 Likes

Honor your marriage to the man that knew what he wanted in a timely fashion

5 Likes

This is stupid. Of course you’re a home wrecker. You’re wrecking your own home & his. You kept talking to him even after he got married! You should have respected the boundaries of your marriage & his, shame on you! And shame on him too! Pair of shameless fools :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

You guys aren’t even the same people you were all those years back . Leave it alone . Get therapy .

9 Likes

The grass is never greener on the other side :woman_shrugging:t2: if he loved you like he said he did he would have stepped up then before you were married I think he only wants you because he “can’t” have you now. He would have tried harder if he loved you back then.

10 Likes

You have to choose & I speak from experience.

It’s been said before that you cannot truly love more than one person at a time & that’s simply not true.

I loved both, but I loved Matt more than my hubby Patrick.

I made mistakes. I cheated, for years…until Matt was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I divorced immediately. I married Matt. I didn’t need marriage again, but he was Christian & I supported his beliefs.

He died 6 weeks after we wed.

Not a day goes by that I don’t wonder how much more time we’d have had together if I’d only gotten the courage to leave sooner. That never goes away.

Choose. For your sake & the sake of all those you love.

5 Likes

Everything that cannot be had is “perfect”, do not believe what he tells you about his wife, I think he tells you to keep you hooked and it seems very low of him to tell you the problems with his partner, which may not be true , possibly if they divorced their partners and remarried, their relationship would be a complete disaster, because it would be based on fantasy, not on the reality that maintaining a relationship implies.

2 Likes

Wow another horrible person who would rather hurt marriages than just leave them what a shock

4 Likes

Y’all are homewreckers. Both of y’all owe your spouses a discussion. Y’all need to tell them that y’all are cheating on them. Cheating is never ok. It ruins the other person for life. They will spend the rest of there life having a hard time trusting the one that they are with because of something that wasn’t even there fault. His wife not being there for him is a piss poor reason to emotionally cheat… hopefully you are there for him all the time or you know what will happen.

If you’re in love with another man, you were never in love with your husband in the first place. Leave him so he can find unconditional love.

5 Likes

Wauw, have any of you ever considered the possibility of loving multiple people? Seeing as her husband has multiple health issues he may not be able to fullfill all of her emotional/physical needs. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t love him. Some people consider an open marriage or polyamory for this very reason. It doesn’t mean you have to throw your entire marriage away. Either way its needs to be communicated about honestly and openly. Yes maybe the guy from the past is using her as the ‘fall back girl’. But he might also be sincere. Either way we shouldn’t judge someone who’s trying to be vulnerable.

9 Likes

What’s more frustrating is the fact that you knew your feelings for this man, yet chose to continue to hang on to him even after you’ve committed your life to another man. You’ve raved about this guy, but only referred to your husband as having cognitive problems. You never should have carried on having any kind of relationship with this guy. It’s so wrong and cruel to do this to your husband. You’ve been having an affair even if you haven’t gotten physical with him. You’ve already cheated. Your husband should be the only man you say these things about. He is a fantasy, a distraction from the routine and maybe even boring life you have with your husband. You married this man for a reason and you owe it to him, and yourself, to try and salvage your marriage. The ex is not important. You need to let go of that fantasy life you’re envisioning.

12 Likes

You are a home wrecker. Because you’re not a carpenter

3 Likes

How’s about that polyamory then

Go on and leave your husband stop using him as a back up. Then see if your love will leave his wife. I can almost guarantee he won’t.

8 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t even have connected back with him. You’re walking a thin line.

His wife and your husband deserve better :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

I have that same problem

2 Likes

Wow you copied that straight from Sex/Life on Netflix

Green is not alway greener on other side of fence think before you act

6 Likes

Are you sure it’s not lust?

5 Likes

Is this the new season of sex life​:thinking::thinking::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.

13 Likes

So, you’re using your currents husband’s health issues as an excuse to fall for an ex? Didn’t your marriage vows say “in sickness and in health”, or was their fine print that said “unless my ex comes back into the picture”? You’re absolutely disgusting.

12 Likes

I think it’s weird that u are claiming to not be a home wrecker but ur talking to a man outside of your marriage (wrecking ur own home) and know he’s a married man (accomplice in wrecking his home). You both need to quit. It’s awful what you both are doing.

10 Likes

U can divorce then u can have him

Your spouse deserves better. You should leave him so he can find it.

4 Likes

I just feel sorry for your husband, and his wife.

3 Likes

You made ur vows to one man and u lust after another u are not doing what god intended in your heart if u lust after this man then in gods eyes you have already committed that sin lay in the bed u have made pray and god will turn ur marriage around for you

3 Likes

God will never send you another woman’s husband!

19 Likes

Know that situation in my far past. I chose and it was best decision. 4 kids and 5 grandchildren later. Good luck and only you know the answer you are looking for. If you choose him, make sure he ends his relationship also

2 Likes

Forget that other man. You may end up losing him as well as your husband and be all alone. You made a promise to your husband, keep it.

4 Likes

Your Husband does not deserve this! Leave him! Regardless if you end up with your ex or not leave your Husband to find someone who only has eyes for him!
How sad …

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s what you said, he’s a best friend. Love my husband dearly, but I can’t share with him like I can with a best friend

1 Like

“His wife never makes time for him and she is not there for him…” famous words from a man who had no intentions of an honest future relationship. This woman is probably living in the dark and thinks she and her husband are happily married. Don’t be that person.

38 Likes