Is 23 to old to start over?

Hi all! I’m 23 with a five-year-old. I’ve been with her dad for about six years… it’s been very rocky as I’veI’s caught him cheating. I obviously forgave him time and time again… well, come tonight; we got into a fight because he was trying to go to a friend’s house with a bunch of girls, and one of the girls I caught him flirting and talking to a while back… it’s obvious he doesn’t want me, and I’m accepting it. Is 23 too late to start over moving back in with parents? I want to attend college for two years, and my little one will finally be in kindergarten so I wouldn’t have to worry about a child care bill anymore… I want to go to college to get a better-paying job than customer service, but I feel too old. I just need some opinions and maybe some life experiences from other mommas… please be kind as I know staying has not been wise.

1 Like

It’s never too old to start over mama. You are exactly where you are meant to be in life. Keep your head up and keep shining.

It sounds like you have a good plan for your and your child’s future! No shame in going home and starting again. Do what’s best for YOU and your baby. I’ve seen adults in their 40s and 50s start over and wish they would’ve done it sooner. You’ll look on this one day and feel so good about how far you’ve come. You got this! Good luck!

You are not too old to start over! And don’t feel bad for the decisions you have made this far just try your best to learn from them! I too stayed in bad relationships longer than I should have. If you have the support of your family then you are in a great position to start over! I started over twice once at 22 and again at 26 I and couldn’t have done it without the help of my mom. Work hard, save money, keep yourself on a budget, and make smart financial decisions. At 22 my cheating ex stole all my stuff with the exception of a couple bags of clothes and my credit cards were in collections. I worked hard made smart moves and by 30 I bought a condo all by myself. It wasn’t perfect, wasn’t in the best neighborhood, but a great investment, 3yrs later I sold that condo the value went up significantly and I made enough money to put a down payment on a 3bd 2bath house a little further out of town something my parents always dreamed of doing but they were never able to buy a house. I also had enough leftover to payoff my car and furnish the house. This was a huge accomplishment for me and at 23 I never thought I would be where I am today now I’m 35 married with a baby and life is good. Whatever your dreams are you have the power to make them happen and you don’t need to follow anyone’s timeline but your own! Good luck!

Girl. I had to start my life over for the third time when I was 30. It’s never to late to change your life. Do not put up with your baby’s father’s behavior. You deserve a good life just like anyone else. Co-parentng relationships are very common between parents who don’t want to be together. Please don’t do what my parents did by stay together while one of them was miserable. I grew up miserable because of them. Your kids don’t deserve that.

Go back to school, Lady! I went back and “started over” at 32. Worked hard to become a Registered Nurse with 2 babies and the support of my parents. Lots of sacrificing for all involved (including the kids)… BUT… WORTH EVERY BIT OF SACRIFICE!!! Don’t listen to the naysayers… THEY are every where. DO THIS NOW. Your brain is still young and like a sponge!! You and your babies have a much better life ahead!! Good luck to you, MAMA!!!

It’s never to late!!!

You are making a good decision now ! By realizing the father won’t change after lying before. Persue your future so you will have a stable home for you & your child .
I have been through a similar situation & did not make a good decision !

I started over at 25yrs old… had been with my ex for 7yrs… he cheated,lied even had a child with someone. I left, moved back with my dad. Went to school where I met my now husband… started my own business and now I’ve been married 8yrs (together 11yrs) have 3 beautiful children a home we purchased outright and a good business. I am so happy I started over! My husband has never strayed and always shows me how much I’m loved and wanted. You are ready for a change you will be so happy you did

Leave as soon as you can. Going back home is better than teaching your little girl to accept being cheated on, which is what she’s learning by you staying. BTDT

23? Girl you are still a baby!! Do not waste your time in toxic relationships with a little boy who does not know your worth!! Go get your degree. Thrive!! You have your whole life ahead of you!!

I did it at 29 with an 11 year old.:woman_shrugging:t3:Should have done it 11 years earlier but I was scared and embarrassed. Don’t let your fears overcome you.

I started over at age 52 and it was the best decision I have ever made. I learned that I was stronger than I thought and rediscovered myself. You deserve better than this person and you will find a strength and happiness that you never knew was possible! You go girl!

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is 23 to old to start over? - Mamas Uncut

You are never too old to start over. Start over and grow and build a better life for yourself and your child.

4 Likes

U are 23 u are still very young

4 Likes

its never to late to go to school

2 Likes

Absolutely never too old to start over and make a better life for YOURSELF, as well as your child. I was 28 when I started over after a 10 year relationship and 2 kids. You got this momma. :heart:

3 Likes

Yes start over. Don’t stay for your kid cause she needs a loving home where both parents love each other. Love yourself first and go for it!

I am 28 and starting over with a 7 and 5 year old. Never too old.

3 Likes

Oh sweetie never too old I started all over at 30. It will all work out for you and little one!!! Keep your focus on you two and you will be happier than ever!!

1 Like

Never too late to better yourself for your little one and definitely still young your only 23 do what’s best for you and your baby

1 Like

Life is a journey, not a race! It’s never too late :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

You probably feel old because you have a kid. And kids age you. But you are so young. Plus, it’s never too late to change your situation. It sounds like a great plan for your future. Go out and get it. You deserve a better life.

No it’s not!! I didn’t have my first til 25 n that’s when I changed college degrees and graduated when he was 2 :slight_smile: it’s never to late to start over ever

1 Like

You’re never too old to start over! I have a friend that raised 2 kids and went back to college after they grew up. He was 48 when he went back to school. He is now a doctor.
You can do it, at any age! One door closes another opens. Seize this opportunity!!! Best of luck!

No it’s not to early. Move back in with your parents and go get the life you deserve.

2 Likes

Definitely not to late to start over! 23 is young still! Best of luck on whatever you decide to do :heart:

Ur 23. U have plenty of time to start over. Go home to ur parents.

2 Likes

Sounds like now is a great time to start over.

31 and starting over with 2 kids. Me and there dad split a year ago. It’s hard but worth it not just for you but the kids too. Keep your head up you got this girl

23 is barely begun. . . . .

1 Like

Its never to late to start over

At 23 you’re still plenty young! Go! Go to collage! Live!

1 Like

It’s never too late to start over. I got divorced at 24, and didn’t start college until I was in my 30’s. No matter when, just do it!

Come on really. You are a young chic. Use it to your advantage. God speed​:heavy_heart_exclamation::v:t2::heart:

I’m 31 just got re married last year and just started college. Sweetheart its never to late to start over. And per request of my mother my wife and I live with her.

Your never to old to start over you would regret it if you didnt

You’re still a baby. I’m 38 and have started over with my son several times then 6yrs later had my daughter after 3yrs started over again. You’re never too young or to old to start over. It’s a gift. Cherish it and ditch the loser asap!:100:

2 Likes

No one is e we to old to do better for them and their families. You keep pushing for that baby girl!!

It’s never to late to better your life!

1 Like

Trust me, your not old i started over at 23 also but went back to school later im 27 now & still in school, its never too late to start over & better yours & your childs future

I went back to school at 35! It’s never too late to be great!

1 Like

Your life is just beginning. Start over now. Don’t wait.

1 Like

Baby it’s NEVER too late to start over!

1 Like

Girl I’m 28 I had 3 kids from previous marriage. My man and I had a 4 together and now we getting married. GO FIND YOUR TRUE LOVE!

Girl! Do it! Take care of yourself!

My mom did it in her 30s and I’ve had to do it now at almost 25. There’s no shame in going home. That’s why it’s called home.

1 Like

If you think 23 is too old then there is no hope for me at 37. I find myself having to start over at this age due to my husband waking up one day and changing his mind after 17ys. The only limits to starting over are the ones we put on ourselves.

It’s never too late to start over, there people of all ages in college and 24 is still young! If you have the support do it! Nothings ever easy but if you want it enough you’ll succeed! :slightly_smiling_face:

DO IT!!! Don’t let him hold you back!!

Honey… 23 is just starting. 23 is barely gotten out of its cocoon… and I mean it in a good way. :black_heart: 23, that’s nothing baby try 37 :wink::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Never to late Hun!!! Your still young an have your parents to help you which is amazing!! Do what’s best for you an your babe

Heck no! It’s better to be 23 than 43.

You are never too old or to late to rejuvenate your life!!! Go for it!

1 Like

Not too old at all. I’m almost 25 and most the people I was in classes with were between 21 and 35. So what’s right for you and your child. You’re so young and have endless possibilities. Sounds like the perfect time to set up a better future and find a man that WILL treat you like royalty

Hay there kiddo, I went back to school after 2 kids I was 27 yrs old, then had 2 more kids and went back to school again I was in my 40s it’s never to late and you never to old. Go and do it. You won’t regret it. There is scalerships all over. Get help from the school/college they will help you. There is financial aid, grants…

1 Like

Ur still a baby!!! U have plenty of time leave ur relationship run like the wind on that situation go back home go back to school it’s never too late to start over And never never ever feel ashamed to ask for help if u need it no one is perfect

You are never to old to accomplish any dreams you have. Im 42 and wanting to go back to school. Its never to late and let noone tell you different. Get out and make those moves so you and your baby will have a better life.

Move on baby and don’t look back

But top priority would have to be solidifying you and yours baby’s future and not looking for a new man. I hope that doesn’t come off wrong. All out of love :yellow_heart:

Go forward… You are bettering your life also for your daughter…

Im 31 and living my my inlaws. It is never to late to start over.

I did it when I was 25! Dont let it stop you you are still so young!!! Get it and become a boss queen!

It’s never too late. Ever. You’ve barely lived. I graduated college at 29. You’ve got this girl!

I would hope not… 23 is still REALLY young. Im 40 and starting over.

Whether you go back to school or not you will still be 25 in two years and it’s better to take the time to improve yourself than to be stuck in am unhappy situation

I was 52 and started over again never to late x

2 Likes

Girl, I know you are grown, but to me you are still a baby. I am 63. It is NEVER to late to start over. I am going to start over. I just have to make sure this are provisions for myself to live alone, even if it’s modest. Modest is better than what I have now. 30+ years with an alcoholic…there just about isn’t anything left for me to give. I am going. AT MY AGE! My positive thing is I have no children to worry about now.

I would just tell you to be careful and not make anymore babies until you are done with furthering your education, and settled into a new life with or without someone. I am not against having kids by no means, but pregnancy, another mouth to feed and take care of…can sure wear you down and slow you down. When the time is right, you will know.

JUST DO IT HON. GO FOR THAT BRASS RING!

Darlin……I started over at 59. I was married to a man for 37 years and couldn’t take it anymore….it’s NEVER too late :+1::heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

You are never to old to make yourself and your child happy

1 Like

Not too late!! Do it for u and ur baby!

No age is to old as long as ur trying to better yourself.Do what u got to do.:pray:t3:u got this.

Never to old to start over
If u stay you’ll continue to deal w that behavior and you’ll be older w the same question
Move forward and find real ass happiness !!!

I’m 43 years old and started over 100000000000 times. You got this!!:heart::pray:

I’m a 48 year old with a 3 year old daughter and I date men in their 20s…get over it love or by the time you’re my age you’ll be dead

Never too old. 23 is young. I was 42 with 4 kids when my husband and I split and I went back to school and started over!!

I was 28 and left a 10 and a half year relationship with my autistic son. You do whats best for you and your child. Doesn’t matter your age or staying with parents. You deserve happiness! You got this!

Heck no I moved back in with my parents when I was 23 and pregnant with my second and I stayed with parents and built my money up. You can do it

1 Like

Never to late to start over specially if it’s self care :relaxed::heavy_heart_exclamation: go get that degree girly you are still young you got this !!!

2 Likes

I went back at 26 to save up and work on myself… It took me a while and then covid hit but I am now in my 2nd month of us having our own place. Do it mama! It is never too late! :heart:

It’s never too late for change or to start over, no matter what ur age.

I was 31 when I moved back home for a little over a year with 3 kids… You’re never to old to move back home. My mom had to quite a bit when my brother an I were growing up.

Go for it never to old to start over just ask an addict

2 Likes

No, it’s gonna be hard n the transition will make you feel like what am I doin, but getting independence back is all worth it in the end!! Your already a rockstar for thinking of your future and the future for your child!! Age is a number, it doesn’t define you!! Go back to school. Never too late!!!

Start over now and move on honey​:heart::heart:

Never to old to start a new safe life.

1 Like

It’s never too late… U can do it

1 Like

Do it now Sweetie, it’s never too late to make yourself happy! Don’t wait until you’ve wasted anymore time on him! Trust me… I know what I’m telling you :love_letter:

It is never too late to start over. I was 23 with 4 kids when I started over. I moved in with my parents to get out of an abusive relationship. Now me, my four kids, and my husband of two years live with my parents. We pay rent and help with bills and I am going back to school.

Shoot most 23 year olds still act like kids. Still have lots of life left!

You are never too old to start over. You got this momma.

My 8 year relationship ended a day before my 30th birthday! And he moved out of state. I started college and got shit together for me and my kids!

I’m 3 years in and two more to go for my nursing degree! You got this

1 Like

I started over at 30, 12 years of marriage with 2 kids. You can do this! It is never too late to make a better life for you and your child.

Definitely not girl.
You got this

Definitely never too late. I’m almost 27, and this time last year was when I called it quits with my daughters dad after having been together for 5 years. I’ll be going back to school next semester, and have found an incredible, loving, kind, and gentle man. It’s never too late to do what’s in the best interest of yourself and your child. Just remember, you are enough for the right person, and being young is hard. You’ve got this. :two_hearts: life is too short to be anything but happy.

Definitely not, if he’s cheating get rid don’t put up with that crap xx

1 Like

Ditch him go back to your parents and start again it’s never too late your stronger for walking away

Absolutely not! I started over at 31 with a 11, 8, n 2 year old left with nothing but the kids n rebuilt everything :slight_smile:

23 is definitely not too old… leave him and do what you need to do for yourself and your child. Good luck to you girl!