Is having a c-section and getting tubes tied at the same time more painful?

No difference in pain to me. I had 2 csections and a tubal with the last.

2 Likes

I just had it done 6 weeks ago, I don’t think it was any worse than my first c-section.

1 Like

I had a c section last year my last one a 3rd one amd i had my tubes done, no difference xx

2 Likes

I felt like it was a bit more uncomfortable, but I also cannot take pain meds other than ibuprofen and Tylenol. They make me sick.

Mine was but it was also my 4th c section in 7 years lol! It was worth it now :blush:!

No…they are already in there.

It hurt worse for me but I also had my tubes removed.

No… I had it done after having my 4th c section. Same recovery. I don’t feel nothing at all. Had it done 4 months ago

Nope I just noticed that I bleed longer when I had my tubes removed. Recovery was the same

I had it done after my 5th I found recovery with that one the hardest x

Way worse. And I had trapped air :skull:

I had 2 c-sections and my tube tied the second time. It was the same for me. I guess it depends on the person.

I wish they would have done that for me! Instead they just left all my cysts and damaged organs and told me if I got pregnant again the baby and I would die…! Now 12 years later at age 38, they still won’t give me hysterectomy or tubal, because I only have one child… I’ve been to several doctors. It’s ridiculous. Get it done if they’re willing, no matter the pain or recovery time!!!

It was no different . No additional pain

1 Like

I didn’t have a prior c-section, but the pain was fairly tolerable- just make sure you have good help around. You’ll want to avoid stairs, and I preferred to sleep in a recliner next to the baby the first month or so home- made it much easier to get up at night time :heart:

I had my first csection emergency only anesthesia. My 4th and last one I had via csection and had tubes removed. My emergency csection was worse. I also broke my foot 1 week before my scheduled csection and still wasn’t that bad. After all 4 kids I only took ibuprofen most pain meds don’t work so I just took advil as needed.

Never had a C section but I just had my tubes removed last Wednesday. I was back at work 5 days later. It was not that bad to me. But my 2 deliveries were both vaginally… good luck to you!

I had my tubes removed it was about the same pain as my previous c-section. I know other women claim it is worse. My recovery was longer do to other reasons

Depends on the person. No problem here at all!!

The pain is more intense. But once it’s healed you are better. I’m a OB nurse

1 Like

Same pain. No different for me. Only bad thing is my period is wayyyy worse since having them tied.

Had my tubes removed and it was cake

I’ve only had one c-section and during that one they removed my tubes so I can’t compare the two, but my pain wasn’t bad at all.

I had 2 c-sections after the 2nd I had my tubal litigation and I could not tell a difference at all from the healing process.

Had mine removed after my second c section. And I don’t feel it was much different. And u heal all at the same time

I did not have a c- section but had my tunes tied 45 min after giving birth. Recovery was painful for about 3 days

I had a csection (4th) and took everything out

In my opinion it was no worse than my other 3 c sections

Recovery was typical c section recovery. The tubes didn’t bother me because the section recovery was already intense.

I mean….they had to knock me out to take my tubes because the numbing only worked for me not to feel them removed the baby…they started cutting to take my tubes and I’ve never screamed in the same blood curdling way as I did with that

Just had this done in May of last year. The healing was a bit longer, but i feel like i recovered the same as my previous c section

I just had my second csection less than 2 weeks ago. They also did a tubal and my recovery this time around has been way easier. I don’t feel much “deep” pain, only some burning and occasional sharp pulls at my incision site.

I’ve wondered this too for whenever the time comes if I decide to have another csection!

Had 2nd csection a year ago, had my tubes tied. No difference in pain. A lot of past they have more painful periods but mine is actually a lot better then it was.

5 c sections. had my tubes tied after the last. everything was totally fine.

It seemed much the same to me

No, it’s only painful in recovery.
Please allow yourself recovery time?
You will be sorry later if you do not.

Same as previous c sections.

Yep have it done while you’re open

I felt normal, no actual changes in pain.

Had my son in 2019 via c-section and hady tunes tied at the same time… was no more painful than when I hady daughter via c-section in 2014

I had mine done at the same time I had a fast recovery but it was my 3rd c section and knew what to expect

I had four C-sections my last one I got a tubular and I felt the same as the others. recovery actually with my last baby was easier than all the others I was getting yelled at by the dr to sit down

My recovery seemed more painful than my first c-section! Good luck!

Idk that it hurt more I had mine removed w my 2nd section it was painfull

I recovered quicker than my first c section.

I am currently recovering from it, and I’m more tender than I was with the last c-section. But also depending on how many you’ve had cause scare tissue factors in with that as well.
This was my 5 c-section!

1 Like

Had mine done Wednesday, spent an extra 45 minutes in the OR. Recovering feels about the same as last 2 csections. Definitely take it easy

I just had this done, same recovery from my first section.

Everyone tolerates pain different and heals differently so you will get a variety of answers…some will say c section were like death others a cake walk.

IMO, getting your tubes completely removed is far better since a lot of cancers start in the fallopian tubes and can’t be detected there.

I did this 23 years ago. I had small twinges of pain on both sides of stomach around where my ovaries are and from time to time a burning sensation there but it was not major pain, just annoying… if I remember right I think it lasted about six months But what hurt me worse was the c section pain! Woo wee… those core muscles that you use to sit up seemed like it took forever for those to get back “right “ :joy::joy:

1 Like

I had two c sections- the second I had a then taken out- recovery felt the same as the first.

2 c-sections, tubes searched for and one removed durring my second c-section. Recovery and pain was the same as first but I tolerated the second better because I knew what to expect. Pms and cramping are more of an issue since the procedure and I am told this is the case with many women who get their tubes tied/clamped/cut/burned

Couldn’t feel the difference honestly.

No difference at all for me

Youll be numb, you wont feel the procedure and it shouldn’t be anymore painful than the csection

For me it was more painful than previous c-sections

I just had my tubes tied while I had my second c section. It wasn’t more painful but I did bleed alot more while having the surgery.

I had 4 c-sections and the last one I got my tubes tied. It took a little longer in the OR and I was slightly more sore but it didn’t bother me too bad. I also have a a high paint tolerance. Good luck!

1 Like

Mine was normal, I had 3 c-section,& tied my tubes the 3 one!!!

I had my baby last July 2020 and both tubes removed along with 2 softball sized cysts. The pain after was rough. I bled like I delivered vaginally. Now my periods are bad and painful. Im older and have some other issues so I may not be the best person to give advice.

I was a little more bloated than before. Pain wise easier.

I had my tubes tied during my 2nd c section…,didn’t feel any different from my first c section

I had 2 c/s. Tubes tied during 2nd one. No problem

On my 3rd c-section I had a tubal ligation. Recovery was a bit harder due to the dr pulling more on one side than the other while suturing. I have a high pain tolerance and it was pretty bad at times. I did notice that my cycle is MUCH HEAVIER now than before my tubal.
Good luck!!

I had both its like having period craps i had my tubes cut and tied no problems its best to have them done together

It was the same for recovery, but my epidural wore off half way through and I had to be put under, hurt like hell.
Procedure took a long time

I had mine done at sams time and healed just as quickly but I was also glued not stapled

I had no extra pain when I got mine done during a csection. Less pain even in comparison to my prior csection

1 Like

I’ve had 3 c-sections and had my tubes tied with my last, and I couldn’t tell any difference in the pain or soreness.

1 Like

I thought it was the same, but everyone’s body is different, I was up and moving a lot more when my tubes got tied but only bc i was on my own and had no choice lol

1 Like

I had mine cut, tied, and burned during my 2nd csection. My 2nd csection pain level wasn’t no where near as high as the first, but that may have been because the 1st was an emergency csection.

Same as just a C-section

1 Like

I had my tubes completely removed with my last csection and I honestly couldn’t tell the differences

1 Like

I have only had my tubes tied and it was literally the easiest thing I have ever done I was only a Lil sore the day after and then nothing it didn’t even feel like I had it done

1 Like

Had mine partially removed , it really wasn’t any different. I was actually in less pain afterwards than I was with my first ! My surgeries are always bad because we learned that I anesthetic doesn’t work on 1/2 my body but I wasn’t in anymore pain that the first time.

For me, it was the same as my other c sections. I just had night sweats and hormonal fluctuations more than normal.

I didn’t feel any more pain because of it …it actually was a better recovery than my first one

2 Likes

My recovery time was about the same

I had my first ever c-section 4th baby had my tubal ligation and I couldn’t get out of bed because of the pain I litterally couldn’t stand up because it felt like I was being ripped open I ended up with sepsis and my wound opening back up 19 months later and I’m still in pain to the point they may have to give me a hysterectomy :weary:

Burns a little more.

More painful to have it done after

Better for you to do it at the same time recovery is at the same time

I had c-section twice. Had my tubes tied the 2nd time. It didn’t feel any more painful or different.

1 Like

I had a c section and complete tube removal… prior to that I had only had vaginal births but my Dr said to do a salpingectomy the recovery is no different that a regular c section

Doctors won’t do it at the same time here. We have to go after for the procedure

I didn’t feel any pain other then just the c section.

I had mine done with my last c-section and was no different

I’ve had four c-sections the most painful had to be the 1st one due to the unknown pain and recovery, every c-section that followed was much easier due to already knowing what to expect, my last c-section had my tubes tied and there was no difference in pain or recovery from previous c-sections. Good luck.

1 Like

You definitely don’t even notice at least I didn’t but it was my 4 th one

Just had my 4th c-section with tubal and recovery was really no different than normal c-section.

I just had mine done august 9th with my 3rd child… and the first few weeks were pretty tough. More burning pain after for me than with my other c sections. But everyone is different

1 Like

I wouldn’t know how you’d know the difference?

I couldn’t tell a difference. The staples and incision were more painful and ruled out the other if there was any at all. I never noticed.

I didn’t have any more pain than with my first c section.

I had an emergency csection with a partial hysterectomy at the same time… and I recovered quicker than my first uncomplicated csection :blush: good luck to you!!

I don’t think so. I had mine done on my fourth c section. Recovery for me was the same.

I had 2 c sections, tubal with 2nd but my first was emergency. The 2nd one was a breeze compared to the first even with the tubal. It wasn’t bad at all.

I didn’t see any difference than with my first c section. I will say my sides were a little sore that time around which they warned me would happen. But it wasn’t unbearable. Just like period cramps kind of. But I’d say do it while you’re already being worked on. Recover it together rather than sepreately.

I didn’t feel nothing only the pain from the C-section

1 Like