Is it gross to let a dog lick out of a bowl before its washed?

I was horrified the 1st time I saw someone do this but if it’s washed in the dishwasher what’s the harm

We let our dogs lick the plate after eating we always put Javex in our dish water to sanitize

1 Like

Well you can obviously tell the dog lovers here. Mine lick dishes. I wash them in hot water with antibacterial soap. No biggie

4 Likes

I could never but to each their own.

1 Like

It’s a hard NO for me! I’m white and it’s nasty

1 Like

That’s Gross… But it also depends if you mind the dog licking his/her butt then your face.

Uhmm…yeah
We’ve always allowed dogs to lick the bowl before its washed.
Unless youre not confident in your washing skills, wtf is the problem?
Youre washing it right?
So i dont get the problem…

7 Likes

my dog licks the dishes in the dishwasher while I’m loading it I don’t even need pre rinse :joy:

1 Like

I let my dog do that all the time

1 Like

Nasty I don’t like dogs eating out my dishes

2 Likes

Mean it’s going to be washed in hot water what’s the problem

1 Like

Both my husband and I are white …. My husband has done that and I was sooo grossed out … yea no it’s nasty

3 Likes

Totally overreacting…my dogs can eat off my plate. But seriously they get rinsed and then through the dishwasher.

4 Likes

Put her and the dog out cause that’s just nasty.

2 Likes

If ur giving a dog(pet) left overs or anything put it a dish that’s only for the dog(pet)

1 Like

I do it…almost 60 hasn’t killed me yet :rofl::rofl:
Better than eating after most people!!!

Y’all do understand it gets washed after the dog licks it … smh lol

1 Like

I let mine sometimes. My dishwasher sanitizes them so no biggie.

Ion care about how clean their mouths are or any studies. My study says that’s nasty :face_vomiting::nauseated_face: Her and that dog need separate dishes and utensils. I bet she let it lick her in the moth too. Jesus​:bangbang:

5 Likes

I don’t see the issue they are being washed so what’s the big deal

A dogs mouth is actually cleaner than a humans.

3 Likes

It’s going in the dishwasher so it’ll be sanitized

3 Likes

Nope they being washed anyway
My dog will lick any plate bowl anything he can
He even licks them all while I’m putting them into the dishwasher….
Dogs have cleaner mouths then people

2 Likes

If there’s a legit dishwasher n it’s getting steamed to hell after then eh fine but like I would really prefer if they just ate out of their own bowls :sweat_smile:

I’m white and no that’s nasty. Idc if it gets washed. My dog has its own bowl.

3 Likes

My question is why is race an issue in this post? Why was it mentioned?

4 Likes

I’d rather share with a dog rather then most humans. Sorry to inform ya humans are gross and nasty

5 Likes

My dogs grt scraps off of our plates then they get soaked and washed :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

The dishwasher sanitizes it. So I don’t care.

2 Likes

I agree with her, it is no problem if you wash before using with dish soap of course.

3 Likes

My fiancée wanted to use one of our good bowls for our cats. I said no, and gave him a plastic bowl I save for my cats to eat out of

I feed my dog off my fork

My dogs share a spoon with me as I give them bites of what I’m eating. I’m a white girl :tipping_hand_woman:

2 Likes

I don’t see what the drama is about. Most will let that dog lick your face though lol. Crazy.

2 Likes

I with you but dog owners will see it her way.

2 Likes

Your definitely overreacting cause if it’s being washed how and why is it gonna hurt anyone

I do it lol. Well, with utensils not dishes but same thing :woman_shrugging:t2: it’s going to get washed lol. No different than a human

What difference does white or black mean…germs have no race. Dishwashers kill germs…hand washing may not.

5 Likes

I am a huge animal person but my pets do have their own dishes and a different cloth to wash them with.

You are not overreacting. Throw the bowl & the girl out LOL

3 Likes

I do it, no lie. I’m gonna wash em in the dishwasher anyways and I always rinse before putting in dishwasher. HOWEVER it is possible that the dishwasher may not kill salmonella bacteria that can linger from a dog licking a plate. So keep that in mind. Just do a little googling. It’s probably best not to make a consistent habit of it.

My dog is not allowed to eat from our dishes. She has her own bowl that I wash and keep clean but not in the dishwasher.

3 Likes

Yeah I am not a dog owner but if so I wouldn’t let that either

Dude lighten up unless you’re a pig who doesn’t have a clue how to wash dishes I wouldn’t worry about it

2 Likes

Humans don’t eat their own s…t.

1 Like

My dog and I used to share ice cream cones

1 Like

That’s normal we let our dog lick the bowl etc after eating it’s getting washed anyways so I don’t think it’s gross.

Not sure what the colour of your skin has to do with this situation but anyways yes you’re over reacting!

6 Likes

Ehhh I refuse to use a bowl my dogs eat and drink out of. :joy: they can have it. Just me though. I’m not white or black if that matters. Jk about that last part

My dogs clean out the leftovers on my dishes and I wash them in hot soapy water.so it’s fine. But it’s up to the individual

I’m with you…that’s just gross

I am a dog owner and have been most of my life- and I agree with you. It’s gross to me also! Then again I don’t drink or eat after humans either lol :joy:

So animals that are living can’t go on your dishes but dead ones can :rofl: yall are wild.

8 Likes

You were right man!!! Amen

Nope it’s gross no matter how much you wash something the bacteria remains on it dogs eat shit, dead things, lick their own privates, and other animals privates and many other things …im good

Hot dish water is fine for cleaning dishes or bowls that dogs eat out of.

2 Likes

My dog helps clean plates :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I know people who do let their dogs lick their bowls and dishes. That’s not happening at my house. Nasty. Nasty. I’ve seen dogs lick themselves everywhere. I’ve seen them eat feces. No way are they going to lick the bowls at my house. There’s a reason you buy pet food bowls. You two need to get to know each other better and have a discussion before any wedding bells ring.

I’m with her, it’s getting washed with soap and water and in most cases sanitized in a dishwasher. Raw chickens worse than a dogs mouth.

5 Likes

Only if it’s going in the dishwasher and be serilized

For those of you who think it’s gross for dogs to lick a plate that will be sanitized and clean… do you eat out in public? The dishes that were used by zillions of people?

3 Likes

Yeah I find it gross , I’d scoop the food into their own bowl :sweat_smile:

If you wash it well it’s not that big of a deal.

I would be more concerned about cats being on counters that probably get washed once a day than dogs licking a dish that’s gonna be washed right after.

4 Likes

You’re over reacting. It’s gonna get washed. Not a big deal

3 Likes

My dogs clean all the dishes around here… lol

2 Likes

My boyfriend throws anything away they lick.

2 Likes

No thanks for me… but I think it’s a personal choice

1 Like

Over reacting a bit much because it is going to be washed. I have a Doberman that when you load the dishes in the dish washer he like locking the dishes. But honestly. I stop him at all cost

She’s outta line THATS NASTY :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

That’s so gross,I don’t want any animal in my house especially my kitchen.

4 Likes

You are over reacting! My dog gets all leftovers no sense in washing to rewash lol

1 Like

I literally feed my dog with a spoon and let them lick my plate… I also wash them lol :rofl::woman_facepalming:t3: Pretty sure my husband has shared food with the dog before I’m not quite that brave lol but lord it’s not that big of a deal.

3 Likes

Well, I’m Italian (white) since race was put in this for whatever reason and I think that’s nasty. However, if I cut your arm off and tell you it’s okay you aren’t in pain…would you still be in pain? Absolutely!!
So… My point is it doesn’t matter what we all think. If you feel it’s nasty, it doesn’t matter what we tell you to think. The mind can’t convince what the body feels & you feel grossed out by the dog licking bowls y’all use. So, talk to your spouse.

3 Likes

If you know how to wash dishes properly it’s not gonna matter. We are dog people so it wouldnt bother me.

8 Likes

My husbands grandma used to feed her dog off her plate… WITH HER FORK!! just took turns eating…

That’s what soap and hot water is for?

4 Likes

You’re not over reacting. That’s nasty.

5 Likes

I would not eat out of a dish that a dog eat out of. You could not wash it enough for me.

5 Likes

As many have said already, the dish gets washed before using. No problem!

2 Likes

Them yt ppl let dogs lick their faces, sleep in their beds. Yuck

2 Likes

Over reacting especially if you have a dishwasher

2 Likes

You’re over reacting

1 Like

Grew up giving leftovers to the dog all the time. Frequently Right out of the bowl/dish. Sometimes put in their dish. If it’s going to be washed, why does it matter?

10 Likes

Well I would rather before it’s washed than after.

3 Likes

That’s what soap is for… like you use used and washed utensils at the restaurant… some people are no cleaner than dogs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Race has nothing to do with hygiene if a dog touches a persons plate bowl or cutlery it goes in the bin

6 Likes

Not a big deal, it has to be washed through the dishwasher anyway :woman_shrugging: My dog has eaten off plates, it’s no different than you eating off a plate.

4 Likes

Let the dog lick the bowl. Wash it. The end.

3 Likes

To me, it’s nasty. :nauseated_face: I also think it’s nasty to let cats walk on countertops, tables, etc…Some people are cool with that though. Maybe a discussion needs to be had

15 Likes

That’s jack nasty, but why is an animal in your kitchen anyways? :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

My dishwasher sanitizes … doesn’t bother me. But my mom would be grossed out. If you find it gross but she doesn’t snd you have pets it’s time to just assume it’s happening regularly

1 Like

That’s right out nasty smh, but everyone has their own opinions

1 Like

I feed my dog with a fork that I’m using to eat with… soooo… I’m not thr best person to ask that to

5 Likes

Ur seriously gonna be washing it anyway ur over reacting

2 Likes

People vary to one extreme or the other on this. It’s a hard pass in our household. My step-sister will literally let the dog lick her ice cream and continue eating it. I find it absolutely disgusting. I’m also not into sharing food or drinks with other humans and no one’s sticking their tongue in my mouth either though.

That’s nasty. I’m white European. Or when people share food with their pets :nauseated_face:like a lick of ice cream… or even worst when they pet their kids share with their pets :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

I’m iffy about it. If it’s my dog okay. Other dogs no.

1 Like

It’s going to be washed with hot water and soap anyway

1 Like

It’s also pretty insulting that somehow her being white makes her less clean.

7 Likes