Is it normal for a grown man to kiss his mom/grandma on the lips?

My stepdads family does… I’m not a fan but I still do it anyway. As long as there isn’t open mouth/tongue action or anything like that it’s normal.

1 Like

I dont think its weird at all. I still kiss my mom, and my sister on the lips. My son is almost 14yrs old and I still kiss him on the lips. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Normal for most. I still did it with my grandma till she passed on a year ago today. Iv grown out of doing it but I did it with my parents till I was about 20

2 Likes

Mom and Grandma seem normal to me. People find it strange that I still kiss my 16 y/o son on the lips but he will always be my baby and its simply a peck. A lot of families are physically affectionate. I wouldn’t let it creep you out. LOL.

2 Likes

I personally couldnt stand it​:joy::nauseated_face:

1 Like

That completely grosses me out and turns me off. I say not normal.

4 Likes

It’s a pandemic, why are people gathering is the more important question

6 Likes

I feel sad for the people it’s not normal for. In a loving household it’s the norm.

7 Likes

Normal in my family. I still kiss my mom and grandma on the lips and I’m 25. My brothers do too and they’re 23 and 21.

4 Likes

Weird but some people do :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

When your a child, yes its fine. But to me it becomes uncomfortable the older you get. I kissed my mom on the lips til about 7. I kiss my 3 month old on the lips but its become uncomfortable to do the same with my 5 year old. I guess in the end its just what your comfortable with but to me, only as a child is appropriate.

3 Likes

Weird but whatever folks do I guess :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I personally could. Never. I think it’s weird and disgusting. And definitely think you can live in a loving household without the slobber. I’m not a fan of fake cheek kisses either but I can stand that.

1 Like

My mom’s side of the family does it… It’s just a quick peck on the lips doesn’t last longer than a blink of an eye lol

4 Likes

It’s normal. My family does it. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

For someone who grew up in a “normal” family we never kiss each other on the lips only on the cheek (and that’s if we feel like kissing them)

3 Likes

My husband used to do it with his mom. I know I’ll get hate but I thought it was awful and asked him to stop. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s normal in my family. I even kiss my best friend on the lips. I’ll continue doing it to my kids as long as they’ll let me, too.

3 Likes

Some families do that. And its “normal” to them. Who are we to judge how someone shows their love for family??

7 Likes

‘Normal’ might be odd for some but it’s probably just how their family is and is close. So you’ll have to get over it :tipping_hand_woman:

3 Likes

To kiss your children on the lips is gross to me period. That’s how you can give your baby herpes. lol. So I’d be uncomfortable and I came from a loving house

3 Likes

I still kiss my mom on the lips. I’d kid my grandma but she passed away. And with my dad I’ll kiss his cheek and I’m 28. Also my father and I are far from close so there’s that but everyone is different.

1 Like

My dads side grandparents were kissers. Its totally normal. Can be cultural

3 Likes

I kiss my daughter on the lips. She is 10

1 Like

I do it with my son, he’s 2. He only kisses me on the lips. No one else. But I do want it to stop as he gets older. For now I will enjoy my little boys kisses. It’s only I tiny peck, like a sec long.

1 Like

Was there tongue involved?

10 Likes

As my young teenage daughter would say in her exact words “why must older people sexualize everything” and she is so right!!

79 Likes

Normal when I grew up, my family members did it, but I do not kiss my grown son or daughter on the lips. Did when they were kids.
Now I think it’s something that we shouldn’t do for many reasons.
I try to kiss my granddaughter on her cheek near her ear or top of her head since COVID.
She got me on the lips today. She’s 2 so you know how that can go!

1 Like

Some people just do that. It’s normal to them. My grandmother would put bright red lipstick on and lick her lips then kiss us grandkids. It grossed me out, but I knew she just did it out of loving us & it wasn’t anything perverted. That’s how she was. I was 13 when she passed away.

1 Like

I’d cringe too. I think it can be cute when people kiss their kids on the lips but at the same time it’s still cringe to me, especially with all the sickness going on.

2 Likes

I kiss all of my littles on the lips. Probably always will. I think it’s normal if that’s how you grew up.

3 Likes

It’s normal for some. Grandparents yes. Parents nope age cut off limit. I’d be grossed out if I seen my man kiss him mom on the lips.

1 Like

I do my mum n nan not my gramps

I’m 50 yrs old and I still kiss my 75 yr old mother on the lips. My husband is 52 and kisses his mother on the lips…We don’t see it as weird. It’s what we grew up with, with loving mothers !!!

8 Likes

To me its normal. I kissed my grandparents on the lips when they were alive. Both my parents. And kiss my daughter on the lips.

4 Likes

It’s normal for my family as well, but my one nephew doesn’t like it and never has he’s been a little germaphobe since he was very young so we all respect that and just hug him.

7 Likes

I still kiss my grandma on the lips :woman_shrugging:t6:

3 Likes

I kiss my kids on the lips!

5 Likes

I still kiss my dad and I’m 40, apparently you were not hugged enough as a child. Sending g you great big hugs right now.

7 Likes

I do not care how normal it is for some, it’s weird in my eyes :rofl:.

3 Likes

Yes… Sure. Why not

3 Likes

It’s called LOVE!!! Good grief!!

8 Likes

I still kiss both of my grandparents on the lips :woman_shrugging:t2: normal to me!

4 Likes

Girl leave that man alone :joy: Let him kiss and mama and nana if he wants to.

10 Likes

I guess to some it would be normal. Depending on how one was raised. I would find it a little weird.

2 Likes

I didn’t have this growing up. But my almost 12 yr old son still kisses me on the lips and I was wondering how long it would last. As long as he wants to I’m ok with it. I never want my kids to feel like mommy doesn’t want their affection.

4 Likes

Kiss on the cheek & a hug hello & goodbye all round in my family. We are an affectionate family, but it’s all cheek not lips :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I will most likely kiss my daughter on the lips till I die. However, I can’t even so much as hug my mom. She doesn’t like affection very much.

3 Likes

Body autonomy. It’s normal for some, not for others. If it makes you uncomfortable then don’t, but he seems to be fine with it, so I wouldn’t get in the middle (so to speak) lol

6 Likes

Cries in sweet-home-Alabama

3 Likes

This reminds me of that episode on 90 day fiancé with Kalani and Asuelu, when he kissed his mom on the month and Kalani clowned him on camera :joy:

Some people do that.

1 Like

Very normal for our family. We are a very huggy kissy family!

7 Likes

I don’t know, :laughing:
but I do know that during 2020😷 it isn’t

Yes it’s completely normal o.O

1 Like

:joy::joy:. When I was a teenager my boyfriends Mom kissed me on lips. She was a super tipsy and she loved me like a daughter. Her son was an idiot. It only happened one time and it definitely wasn’t sexual. I come from a family that hugs, but that is it, so it was a super weird experience for me. After contemplating the whole situation, I just came to terms with the fact alcohol was involved and she really let her guard down.
I still find kissing relatives on the lips as strange, but definitely an each to their own type thing.

It depends on how they were raised. In some families it is disrespectful if you don’t.

3 Likes

It’s not something we do in our family, however, there’s nothing wrong with giving MaMa a kiss.

3 Likes

Different for every family

1 Like

Its normal for my family. I’m 34 and still kiss my parents on the lips. I kissed my MawMaw on the lips until she passed away 6yrs ago. I still kiss both of my kids on the lips as well. My son is 13 and my daughter is 9 today. Our whole family does it, even our extended family. Its how we were raised.

4 Likes

I was not raised this way but I do know a lot of people who were and it is completely normal my husband’s family does it but I don’t because I don’t like saliva LMAO

4 Likes

That’s very common. I don’t have that kind of closeness with my family but many do. You feel disgusted that his family loves him more than yours loves you? lol

2 Likes

It’s perfectly fine. If you do it when growing up it’s a sign of respect. You don’t have to stop because your older. What’s wrong with people nowadays everything is an issue.

2 Likes

Nope. That’s weird. Those women will be monster-in-laws.

2 Likes

Is some parts of the Country is Normal, And if Someone is comfortable with it Go for it

3 Likes

I think it’s appropriate.

1 Like

It’s not a huge deal to me

1 Like

It’s very normal in Speke families and for some it isn’t. I used to kiss my mom on the lips for as long as I can remember, I don’t do it now but even if I did it wouldn’t be weird or gross. I do the same with my boys and I would hope in the future their girlfriend won’t think were gross or weird

1 Like

I’ve seen it a lot it’s kinda normal but my son kisses me on the lips. He’s 8 though I’ll get back to you when he’s grown :laughing:

5 Likes

Yes in some family’s it’s normal. Was for me but not my hubs lol.

2 Likes

Eww, no! Kiss on the cheek yes and that’s it! :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I kiss my parents on cheek when I greet them but the lips??! That’s weird

3 Likes

My mom still kisses her parents and siblings on the lips.

1 Like

Its normal/very common.

2 Likes

I always kissed my mom on the lips well into my teenage years, I didn’t think it was weird till someone made it a big deal. You kiss your parents on the lips and when you get older it’s just something you’ve always done so why would it all of a sudden be sexualized? If there’s no tongue, I don’t see the issue :joy:

7 Likes

Think you would be surprised just how many people/families actually do it.
I’m 24 and my dad is 57 and we peck on the lips.
My 3 year old daughter kisses on cheek and my 2 year old son kisses on lips like a quick peck.

1 Like

I am from a family where you don’t kiss on the lips unless you are in a relationship- i am like you and feel so sickened whenever I see it. I think it is how you are raised. Makes me sick. It’s an intimate thing. Imagine being in your 30s and kissing your 18 year old on the lips. Brrrrrrrt

2 Likes

I think its more stigmatized for men. I kissed my Mother on the lips well into my twenties when she passed away. I wasn’t raised around my father but I assume that would of been the same.

1 Like

I think it’s a generational thing. The older generations do it. I’ve never seen my brother kiss my mom on the lips. Hah

2 Likes

It’s normal in approximately half families - I asked a shrink!

2 Likes

Uncommon? Sure. Gross? No.

3 Likes

My bf does this with his mom and he is 38 years old, so do both his brothers, I definitely find it weird, but whatever.

1 Like

Normal is different for everyone and every family. There is no normal.

2 Likes

In my family the older siblings just hug no kisses.the younger three were much more touchy with our mom kissing and hugging.it always seemed kinda weird to me but not gross.

My mom gets me ever once in a while. She’s 87. I let it slide. An remind her I get knarly coldsores. And I don’t want to effect her health . It’s an embrace of love!! It’s NOT GROSS BUT I doooo Have my own health boundaries so I try to voice that.

You will find opinions on this very very split lol. We used this question as a social experiment in psychology class :joy:

I’d have to know the family dynamics before I judged.

In my momma family it is.

1 Like

Normal in my family. My brothers kiss my mom and grandmas when they were alive

2 Likes

I would have no issue with it, as I do with my mom, one of my aunts and always did with my gma… it’s just love :heart:

1 Like

It’s completely fine as long as they aren’t making out or shoving tongues down each other’s throats. For a lot of families it’s a normal sign of affection that they are obviously comfortable with. A little peck on the lips is nothing.

7 Likes

It’s normal if you love your family :joy: we do it in my family

9 Likes

Yes! My family has ALWAYS done this.

1 Like

my gram would kiss me on lips i think it just depends on how u were raised

1 Like

It’s normal.
I’d give anything for my parents to still be alive.

2 Likes

We all kiss eachother on the lips in my family. I know it’s not for everyone but thats how we were all raised and I see no problem with it.

1 Like

Yes. It is normal. Some do, some do not. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Yes … They probably Italian lol

1 Like

Normal on my dad’s side of the family! We all kiss

1 Like

Yes it is normal for many familys to give a peck on the lips

1 Like