Is it normal that my 8 year old started her period?

I started at 9. The best thing is to see a gynecologist. A blood test can reveal if it’s hormonal (period) or something else

I was 9 when I got mine.

I believe it is from the hormones in the meat that is causing the earlier onset of puberty in both women and fellas. As you start earlier you also go through menopause earlier also.

2 Likes

Brandy Skobleniuk future stuff.

Normal is usually around the age of 9 now. So, it’s not unusual. I know many women who were 8 and 9. I was 10.

Hormones in junk food.

I was 11 when i started mine but my daughter started hers at 9, i have 2 cousins who got theirs at 8 & 9

My kids dr said that they can start as early as 7. It’s different for every girl. Regardless of when you started.

My aunt was 8 I was 13 my mom was 17

I was 8 when I got mine.

1 Like

I think a lot of girls are starting younger several nieces of mine were between 8 and 11

1 Like

I was her age when I started. I had full pubic and underarm hair at 6 almost 7.

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t it be normal if she’s already hit puberty ?!:roll_eyes: maybe ask a gynecologist instead of people on the internet if you think its abnormal

2 Likes

I was 11 or 12. But Regardless of what everyone is saying. It’s always a good idea to have her see her doctor. Just in case to be sure it’s not something else that could potentially be life changing. Not trying to scare you but if I had a daughter, I would definitely wanna make sure she’s healthy. Is she scared? I have all boys. But my nieces are your daughters age and I could only imagine the questions they have and how scared they are.

I was 7 when I started :woman_shrugging:

Charlotte Mundi Kekana come see

Got mine four days after I turned 12. Had breasts by 10 and wearing deodorant by 7. It’s different for everyone and becoming more common for younger girls. Talk to her pediatrician.

1 Like

Wow I was 17 when I started a d my daughter was 13 almost 14. I can’t imagine having to deal with that at 7 or 8

1 Like

Yes it’s normal mine go it when she turned 10! Her doctor told me because the pubic hair is the start of it! Just make sure she stays informed and remind her if she will use tampons not to let them in her for more than certain amount of time!

I was 10 when I started. If you feel a drs visit is necessary then please do even if it’s just for reassurance purposes x

1 Like

I was her age when I got my first one. It’s normal just some body’s mature faster. I remember being so embarrassed when I got mine cause none of my friends had gotten it yet

started that young too. perfectly normal

I started mine around that time too.

I started mine when I was 9 and so did my one of my daughters but my other five daughter new from young that is was normal to bleed down there at a young age

1 Like

My daughter started hers at age 9 she 11 in October perfectly normal although I was 11 thy say the more kids u have the sooner the cycle starts the reproduction system

I was 9 when I started a lot of girls in my family start between ages 8-10

Everybody’s body is different. I started at 13 my sister at 11. These days it isn’t uncommon for children 2 hit puberty early on. The body in itself has it’s own tick 2 it so just because ur oldest didnt get it as early doesn’t mean ur youngest will follow suit. It’s ok 2 vfc worry but its completely normal.

I was 9 when I started.

My daughters the same !! I was wondering a doctors visit too but apparanly it’s normal to have it early. She’s not started her period but had arm pit hair and Pubjc hair since last year and she’s only juta turned 8 :disappointed: xxx

Most of the females in my family started around that age with the one exception of my youngest sister who was almost 14🤷🏼‍♀️

I was 9 when I started mine. All will be fine, mama. But if taking her will ease your mind, without a doubt, take her!

I had a full bush at 7 and my period came not long after! definitely normal.

Yes its normal i had mine at age 9 my sister was 8

Both of my girls started at 8.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it normal that my 8 year old started her period? - Mamas Uncut

I think it use to be called early onset puberty but now days it’s pretty common.

I’ve heard of kids 5-6 years old getting their period and I can’t even imagine. I was barely ready when I got mine at 12 years old. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I daughter started hers when she was 8, she is 10 now. I started mine when I was 10.

1 Like

I was 12 1/2 but I feel like a lot of it has to do with all the hormones being pumped into our food

17 Likes

I would take her to get checked out just to be safe. May just be she is just starting puberty early. But with my kids it was always “better safe than sorry”. Also she will need help navigating if she is starting this soon. It could be very uncomfortable for her around other girls her age without strong support and guidance.

1 Like

I have family members who started that young. Have her checked if it will settle your nerves - there’s nothing wrong with making sure :heart:

My daughter is 8 and started hers in March. It’s just been spotting but it will stop for a few days then do it again so I’m not sure how normal that is. She has a Dr appointment next week.

I started mine at 9 my first daughter didn’t get her till she was 14

My daughter was 9. Shes now 10. Dr said it was normal these days. I was 12 when I started mine.

1 Like

I had a friend in elementary school who was 8 years old, so yess it is.

I started when I was 8 years old, a month before I turned 9. My daughter was 15 years old.

Its getting more and more common to be honest. My daughter is almost 10 and got her period at 8, beware its not just early on set bleeding its everything that comes with it in a teen but in an 8 year old hahaha
I was also 9 when i got my period

I was 9, my oldest daughter was 10 and my youngest was 13 so I’m 0retty sure its normal

I was 10 when I started mine, if you’re concerned contact her doctor. Every body is different

2 Likes

My cousin started when she was 9, that was like 20 years ago.

1 Like

I got mine at that age and my daughter got hers in 4th grade.

I was 9 when I got mine

Everyone starts at different ages. I was 10 when I started mine.

1 Like

I was 12 and in 6th grade.

Gotta imagine all the hormones in everything now.

1 Like

https://cwhn.ca/en/node/39365
Yeah girls start it at different ages but also 8-9 is the normal right now

My favorite holiday was ruined by a period one time

My daughter got hers a couple weeks after her 9th birthday I didnt get mine till I was 14 and my other daughter is 13 and still didnt get hers yet

Got mine at 8/9 years old also

My daughter started at 8.

I started when I was 9.

I started mine at 9.

Take her to the doctors office to be checked out

I started at 8 but they were extremely inconsistent and extremely light. When I was 12 they became “normal” I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. It’s actually way more common than you’d think.

I cant believe so many of you people remember…!!! Idk when I started mine. My mom and late sis didn’t remember when. Here I am freaking out b.c I dunno when my daughter might start. She be 8 in aug. I’m nervous… ( she refuses to pee in cup for dr b.c. its gross kind of girl) … gulp

1 Like

I was 8 when I started mine. Everyone starts at different ages.

1 Like

Yes, I started when I was 9.

Absolutely. She’s fine

I got mine when I was 9…

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it normal that my 8 year old started her period? - Mamas Uncut

Unfortunately yes it’s normal for a girl to start her period that young. It’s nothing to be concerned about but if you’re really worried it wouldn’t hurt to speak to a doctor about it for your peace of mind. Relax mama, while periods do suck especially starting them so young, it is normal.

7 Likes

I work in a pediatricians office. 9 is the cut off age at our office. If they are younger than that then they so some checking for precocious puberty. That is a medical condition that can be treated.

6 Likes

I had a best friend in 6th grade who started hers when she was 9 so I would say its normal. Some girls just get theirs super early I suppose. I got mine fairly late I think, i was 14 when i got my first onw

2 Likes

Very normal. Nothing to worry about but if it puts your mind at ease you can take her to a doctor

I started mine when i was 8 also. Had bigger breasts everything. Was getting teased all through elementary school.n

1 Like

Personally I see that as too young. A MD can help with slowing puberty. I am thankful we eat cleanly and my girls are extremely active. I didn’t start until HS. My oldest is 9, soon to be 10, and doesn’t show signs yet. Praying she is similar to me. I would go see a doctor.

11 Likes

I’d maybe just take her for a water sample test as some water infections and cystitis can cause blood when wiping, I wouldn’t say it was too young though, x

I remember when my now 17 yr old daughter went for her 9yr old yearly checkup and our doctor said time to start thinking about the talk with periods and ECT…I was blown away to even think they could start that young (I started at 12) but the doctor said it’s very normal (my daughter didn’t start till 12 also though) but from what our doctor said yes it’s normal

I didnt get mine till almost 18 but my stepsister started at 9… Maybe your elder daughters set hers off?

I was 13 going on 14. That sounds super young I would get her checked out just in case but everyone is different so don’t worry too much just ask doctor.

1 Like

My little sister was 10 when she started hurts and I was 12 when I got mine

It’s considered normal now with the amount of hormones packed into our food unfortunately

3 Likes

Started mine in 2nd grade it was very irregular until I was in 4th grade

I have been hearing more and more our girls are starting puberty earlier that we all did.

i started my period at that age also i’m 36 with 3 children so i’ve never seen it as a problem, and my 2 children other is too young (5) have both went through puberty aged 10 .If you really want to put you mind at ease see a doctor X

I got mine around that age, as well as a lot of other women I know. It’s completely normal

My oldest is 11 now and started when she was 10 and her periods are AWFUL ! It is growing more normal for younger children sadly . It sucks at such a young age good luck momma !

My daughter started this early and was diagnosed with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. I would get her checked out just in case.

My granddaughter is 10 and has all the puberty things is having cramping but hasn’t started but they say girls are starting earlier every yr because of all of the preservatives and other additives we have in most of our foods

1 Like

I started at 9. My son’s perdiateian said that was young and if it ever happens with my daughter then to get her seen and they can stop it

1 Like

My oldest started when she was 9 but she only had it for a month and then nothing else except for spotting a few months later and then nothing after that she’s now 10 1/2

i started my period at 8 years old, i was in 3rd grade.

Her sister probably triggered her. I did that to my sister. We started within 6months of each other and she’s 4yrs younger than me.

I would take her for a regular check up and doctor can let you know about her puberty. I took my 9 year old daughter a few months ago and was told she will be starting her period in the next year.

i started my period in 3rd grade so i might’ve been that age

My mom was 8 when she started so it can happen. She never had any issues because of it.

I just turned 9 and 2 weeks later there it was.

I started when I was 9 so it’s very possible.

I had my first period at 10 year old
…deffo normal tho

I was 9. Everyone womens body is different. Women typically start puberty earlier then men

She could of started that young it’s possible but also I don’t mean to make accusations or accuse anyone of anything,but please take her to a doctor to get checked out,she may of been raped or taken advantage of.I’d know by experience at a young age and you’d think it was period blood but it could also be that someone’s touched her.just def have her looked at!