Is it possible to get pregnant so soon after giving birth?

yes it’s definitely possible! i got pregnant before i had a chance to get on birth control after my first baby. my girls are 14 months apart

Should’ve gotten a plan B :grimacing: buy hopefully you will not get pregnant. It’s possible though, happened to my mom.

They call it “Irish twins” to have 2 babies in the same year. I did it in 2010. I had a baby 2/8/10 That was stillborn and a live birth 12/16/2010. You are VERY fertile after giving birth

3 Likes

Well, My sister and I are exactly 9 months apart lol.
My cousins are 10 months.
My other set of cousins. They are 8 months apart. (Came early) so yes very possible.

1 Like

Im currently 15 weeks pregnant and I will have a 6 month old the end of the month :sweat_smile: due date is may 16th and little mans first birthday is may 31st

Not me, but my mom did. She got pregnant with my brother when I was 2 months. She was on birth control too. His due date was my first birthday, but he was 2 weeks early haha so we are Irish twins

1 Like

My dad and his brother were right at 9 months and 3 weeks apart!

My 3rd son was born 8 days before my 2nd son turned one yes its very possible your very fertile after birth

My children are 12 months and 12 days apart! My bestie has babies that are 10 months and 23 days apart

I was pregnant when I went back for my six week check-up!

Yep! I found out I was pregnant with #2 when #1 was 3 months old. #2 was at #1 first birthday :heart: you are SUPER ferile right after having a baby.

Your most fertile in the 12 mths after giving birth ! The second happens like that a lot !!! Xx

Happened to my Mom and now my younger brother and sister are born on the same day a year apart!

I was pregnant again at my 6 week checkup. My girls are 10 months apart

Yes it is possible. Best to let your doctor know and plan to take a test in a couple weeks.

I was pregnant 4 times in 5 years… It happens lol

2 of my cousins are 9 months apart so yes…

Yes very much possible I had a c ,my girls are the same age for 3 weeks

I was 3.5 weeks pregnant at my 6 week postpartum visit.

I was pregnant 16 weeks after giving birth. It happens!

It’s completely possible. If its still less than 72 hours after the deed, pick up a morning-after contraceptive. It’s also not a bad thing to keep on hand because shit happens.

Didn’t happen to me personally but I agree with the above comments. This is the time you’re extremely fertile, so your chances are pretty high

I was pregnant a second time when my son was 3 months old.

It happened to me. My two oldest boys are Irish twins. 11/8/14 and 10/16/15.

My sister has been pregnant for the last 18 months give or take. She had my niece December 5th 2019 and she’s due with my second niece this December 17th 2020.

I was pregnant at my 6 weeks check up.

I have kids 10 months and 10 days apart

Not that soon but I had twins in July 2004 and another daughter August 2005

It’s possible. I’m 10 months older than my brother :see_no_evil:

You’re most Fertile for the first 8 to 12 weeks after giving birth which is why the doctors tell you not to do so

So nobody here was told to abstain from sex for six weeks to give your body time to heal ??

They say your very fertile after birth. So yes it can happen. Xx

1 Like

It happens, but not to every single woman. Me and my fiance had unprotected sex starting 3 weeks after my c section and I didn’t get pregnant until my son was like 18 months

hugs to you!!! I don’t have any advice, but you will get through it no matter what happens!!!

Yes my brother & I are 10 months apart.

Yep! My two oldest are 11 months apart.

Yep!!! My youngest 2 are a year and 4 days apart. One time…we had sex ONE time and I got knocked up again. :joy:

My first on is EXACTLY (to the day!!!) 11 months older than my second. My second is 17 months older than my third. It’s 8-31-08, 7-31-09, 12-30-10!!!

My husbands mom got pregnant with him 6 weeks after having his brother :fearful:

Yes. My kids are 5 days short of being a year apart

My oldest and twins were born 14 months apart🤷‍♀️

My bestie mom found out she was 5 weeks after

My mom got pregnant with me 5 weeks after my brother :no_mouth::no_mouth:

Uh yeah, you can definitely get pregnant again…like really easily from what I understand…:grimacing:

Defo possible good luck at your appointment x x

Yes my sister and I are 11 months and 3 weeks apart

Yep you can there’s only a month between my boys xx

My kids are 11 months apart

Yep my best friend has 2 ,11mnths apart

Yes my ex and his sister are 11 months apart

Sure can,I got me my irish twin.

Youre most fertile right after giving birth.

1 Like

10 mnths apart …it happens faster

Your the most fertile after giving birth!

My two youngest are decenber 12 2018 and decenber 16 2019

Yesss lol , did your doctor not tell you this?

Most fertile time ever

It’s definitely possible.

You’re most fertile right after birth lol

Yes… im only 5 months postpartum and i’m pregnant again.

a
most women are told by their doctor not to have sex that early it is when you are most fertile

Yes it’s when you’re the most fertile

You’re so fertile after having a baby that him walking by you can get you pregnant. Lol

3 Likes

Is it too late for the plan B pill?

You are way more fertile after having a baby! Good luck

Yes, you are extremely fertil afterwards hahaha

Took me n hubby 6 months to get pregnant and then after my baby I got pregnant a year after which unfortunately ended in a miscarriage. We’ve been together 3 years and always had unprotected sex and we still are. Haven’t gotten pregnant again. I am not on the pill and my hubby is pretty fertile.

It definitely can happen.

Daisy Palma you ain’t kidding :joy:

Hahahahah! Yes- my sister and I

Yes my daughters are 11 months to the day apart

Yes it is possible my niece was born November 2006 and my nephew was born September 2007

You are extremely fertile after birth especially if you are not breastfeeding. Go get urself a test and good luck

3 Likes

Me and my sister are 10 months apart so yes,. Even if you were breastfeeding. You are also extremely fertile after giving birth regardless of the type of delivery. Some think breastfeeding is an absolute fail safe for avoiding pregnancy. That is an old wives tale, not always true. Good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yes I have Irish triplets born July 2017 June 2018 and May 2019 pregnant with all before 6 weeks

1 Like

Extremely high probability. You are quite fertile after giving birth especially if you are not breastfeeding

2 Likes

Yeah you’re very fertile after giving birth. Good luck to you

1 Like

Oooihhhh girl it’s super easy to get pregnant after u have a baby. Girl for the first 6 weeks I was like dont even think about it.lol then when the doc gave the all clear I told him he has to wear rain coats. Lol simply put for some reason your body is super fertile for about 4 months after birth

1 Like

Yes Irish twins they’re the same age for four days

1 Like

Yes. Yes it is. It happened to me. I got pregnant when my son was 8 weeks.

1 Like

You can get pregnant the second after you’re not pregnant anymore

The biggest concern that I would be worried about is you had a c-section and you uterus us not fully healed there can be complications because if that if you are pregnant you need to be seen by your ob as soon as you can it would be considered a high risk pregnancy. I am a ob nurse

3 Likes

ANY time you have unprotected sex there is a chance

Yup…pregnant at my 6 week check-up after C-Section…have Irish twins…11 months apart.

2 Likes

My brothers are 10 months apart…So, yep. Probably more so than after 6 weeks.

1 Like

My 2 oldest granddaughters are 10 months and 11 days apart in age🤷…they didn’t even wait the 6 weeks like you’re supposed to😂

Super likely your prego. Use protection if you don’t want babies!

It super fertile now!

Yep, my brothers are 11 months apart.

I got pregnant at 8 weeks after giving birth to my first born

I have irish triplets a 1 2 and 3 year old
April 23rd 2017
May 8th 2018
April 27th 2019

Had 2 friends at school, sisters 9 months apart!

Very high possibility.

Not really sure about this one bc I was sexually active after having my oldest and didnt conceive my youngest son till my oldest was 11mnths an 3days old.

If you’re breast feeding it lessens the chance but normally you’re more fertile after just giving birth.

My friend got pregnant 6.5 weeks after having her first baby. Her kids were born almost 11 months difference. It was hard for her at first but kids are a bit older now so not so bad.

Yep, my sister got pregnant with her 2nd in thise 6 weeks. Her girls are 10 months to the day apart

My uncle & dad are 11 months apart , and my nieces are as well , so yeah it’s possible!

Yes mine are same the same age for 5 months they will be til December 12 then the older one will go up

Yes, my husband has three siblings and they’re all stairstep (33, 32, 31, 30). The two oldest are actually the same age for about a month.