Is it weird people call their dogs kids?

Some women can’t have babies and our desire to nurture is strong as a species.

4 Likes

You’ve never had a great dog I assume. Which takes time, training, and love. Not like parenting at all right? They are better behaved than most children.
There is no way I believe locking dogs in pens and kennels away most of the day because they can’t be part of the family unit is right.

3 Likes

You’re not alone…and the kisses on the mouth…:face_vomiting:

4 Likes

If it doesn’t effect my life at all, then no, why would I have even a second thought as to what someone else considers as their child. They could have a turtle and call it a baby…dress it up and everything and push it around in a stroller, and I would literally just carry on with my day :joy:

It doesn’t ‘take away’ from what other Moms do for their human children…We all have our own struggles as parents / pet parents.

5 Likes

A lot of people think it’s cheaper to keep animals instead of children because you don’t have to buy clothes and and pay a baby sitter

Mind your business :v:t2::speaking_head::speaking_head::speaking_head:

1 Like

Well. I am a mom of 3…. Also have dogs… and let me tell you, they can be as much work and worry as kids… assuming you actually love them and care for them the way you should.

2 Likes

It’s weird I agree! It’s a dog like any other wild animal it will turn on you. No matter the cloths you put on it or the bed you give it to sleep in! It’s a dog not a human period. People are also very weird about their cats…

6 Likes

Some people cant have kids… and because they have all this love that they cant give to kids, they give to their pets. Just because you were blessed with children… doesnt mean you get to judge others :unamused::smirk::roll_eyes::rage:

5 Likes

It’s more weird you are so obsessed about her life that you felt the need to make a post about it on social media…

How about you stop being a judgy judy and mind your business? It’s not hurting you. Go eat a snickers.

7 Likes

They are like children to us. We took on the responsibility of caring for them and providing them with their needs to have the best life possible. Our dogs are our family. They sit with us. They comfort us. They travel with us. They have their own beds but usually sleep with us. It’s not at all weird to us. We choose them and we will do our best to be sure that they have the best life possible.

4 Likes

My dog is my baby ! He’s part of the family

1 Like

Your not alone on your opinion
I have 2 children and I can’t just go to work and leave them home
But that being said I also respect their feelings because they do love their dogs especially my friends who do not have children go all out for their pups. I will probably never understand but that’s ok I love my friends and I love their dog kids because they are important to them.

3 Likes

I used to think it was weird, until I realized some people can’t have kids or don’t want kids. Their pets ARE their kids. I still think the strollers and clothes are weird but hey, if it makes them happy, go for it.

5 Likes

You’re weird for worrying about something that has nothing to do with you.

5 Likes

Lmao why do you literally care what other people are doing

2 Likes

You are not alone :rofl: I wish I could leave my 5 year old alone and he didn’t try to burn the house down lol

People can feel however they want about their pets. I do find it annoying when they compare how it’s the same level of stress and difficulty as taking care of children. But a lot of people have pets bc they can’t physically have children. So whatever. Do you.

4 Likes

It’s not weird to spoil an animal that has a very short life span in this earth. You however are the weird one.

1 Like

Judgemental much…smh!!!

1 Like

I take it you don’t have a dog.

Most people have a bond with their animal, some stronger than others. Put it like this if you were looking after a dog which was older, possibly arthritic, would you rather it slept on a hard cold floor where it struggles a bit to get up and moving or would you rather give it a warmer comfy bed which gives some comfort and alleviates some of the pain?
When we take on the responsibility of looking after an animal we should do it to the best of our ability. They do become part of the family.

2 Likes

It’s none of your business and being responsible for pets is a job yes. I have children and pets. I still call my pets my babies. So what? Why do you care? When my dog couldn’t walk anymore because he was 15 I got a stroller for our walks. Why shouldn’t he still enjoy the walk he took with me for over 15 years? Those pets are by our side 24/7. They are part of our family.

3 Likes

Why you so worried about what someone else does or does not do?? That worries tf out of me :woman_shrugging:you sound like a miserable mfker, and as a parent of teenagers and fur babies, my pets are just like my kids too.

4 Likes

Ask yourself, “Why does this bother me so much?!”

7 Likes

Depending on breed and behaviors, dogs are 100% equivalent to taking care of kids. They SHOULD be treated like family.
Our one dog, super laid back. Doesn’t do dopey shit. The other though… you gotta watch him like a hawk because he will run out of any open door. He WILL play in stuff he isn’t suppose to. It’s like a toddler.

If it’s so weird to you why you worrying so much about it, to me that is weird :joy:

5 Likes

Some people can’t have kids and take pride in having animals as their children. What is weird is you took time out of your day to anonymously write this post to judge others. Mind your own business

7 Likes

Leave your judgement at the door

1 Like

You are wrong. Fur babies require more attention than my children did ( they’re grown now). Pets require as much work as a toddler and they live for many years and you do love them like you love your babies because they are your babies too.

4 Likes

I might have thought it was weird when I was a young RN taking care of humans, but I left nursing and opened a doggy daycare, boarding and grooming facility to work along side of my veterinarian husband. The relationship, bond and love is very strong between a pet parent (yes, I said it) and their fur kid(s)… (:woman_shrugging:)it is amazing.
I absolutely adore and love the little stray beagle that was dropped at my business the day after I opened, I do not equate her to my children or grandchildren and I do not call call myself her mom, but don’t care if someone else does.
Also, the pet industry has taken that relationship to an unbelievable height by making “Dog Mom” shirts, hats, koolies or any other product you can imagine. It is a “thing”.

2 Likes

This is probably the stupidest post I’ve seen yet on here

6 Likes

No they are kids to most people

1 Like

I had pets before kids. Incredibly similar to children. You have to make vet appointments, buy food, love, attention, exercise, walks. You do bond with them similar to how you bond with people. So I get it. I have no hate to people who do this.

3 Likes

It’s weird. Taking care of dogs is nothing like taking care of kids

1 Like

It’s weird you care so much about something that doesn’t affect you.

9 Likes

We have grandchildren and a dog too. He is spoiled had him since he was 8 weeks,he grew up with grandkids. We love him but no dress up or stroller for him. Everyone different in this world.

2 Likes

How about you worry about your path and let others worry about theirs? Does it pain you in some way, is it truly something that affects your life? No? Then leave it be…

3 Likes

Girl byeeee with that judgemental attitude :wave:t2:

“She’s loving an animal too dearly!!! How dare!!”
-how ridiculous you sound.

6 Likes

You are wrong yes I have children but I also have dogs which are also my children

4 Likes

I would ask yourself why you care and are bothered by it enough to need validation from a bunch of strangers on the internet. Who cares what someone else does in their life.

4 Likes

It doesn’t really matter if you think it’s weird or not. It doesn’t affect your life in any way.

2 Likes

My baby boy shares the bed with me. I raised 2 kids and now I have my fur baby. Mind your business

4 Likes

How in tf do they not need their own bed? How would you feel sleeping on a hard ass floor every day and night?

It’s weird but let them b weird

No……not everyone can have kids and to them their animals ARE their kids. They are part of the family.

5 Likes

I think its weird to really care that much about what others are doing in their homes especially when it has no type of effect on your life. I have 3 kids, 3 snakes, a lizard and a dog… they are all my babies!

6 Likes

I just had a baby in January and already had 2 dogs. 1 of which I’ve had for almost 13 years and I spoil the shit out of them and they are my first babies. I will always be a fur mom! I’m just lucky enough to also be called a human mom :slightly_smiling_face:

No, it isn’t weird to love your pets and make them a part of the family. I’d be more concerned about someone that didn’t bond with a family pet.

5 Likes

Someone i know used to chuck her dog a full on birthday party, full works , dog cake,gifts :gift: party packs for the dogs that would come to the birthday bash and done it every year she had a very bad childhood from the age of 2 , and had alot of issues in her school/college life to her she couldn’t trust a soul other than her animals her pets even have there own rooms, takes really good care of them if thats how she and others deal with there trauma/loss or whatever is going on in there lives who are we to judge them.? Another mate can’t have kids due to a genetic issue she used to put tb programs on for her ginipigs an everything but I tell you something it never went without

3 Likes

I guess you have no dogs and it shows. What you should be asking yourself is why do you care so much if other people call their pets their babies? Mind your business.

4 Likes

You’re weird for caring about something that doesn’t even remotely affect you.

2 Likes

Maybe people can just live their own life. Who are you to decide it’s wrong or weird?

Wow just wow . If you don’t treat your animals like family then you don’t deserve them . I have 3 kids 5 grand babies and 3 dogs I love with all my heart . Yes my kids and grandchildren come first but my animals are loved so much . Second my only daughter has pcos she can’t have children and she has a dog and treats like her child if anyone ever called her weird yea let’s just say it wouldn’t happen again . Especially around me . Mind your business Karen .

4 Likes

I’ll say this. It is easier taking care of dogs than kids. Even my stubborn a$$ Groot here. However I treat them like my kids. They are my family. I do birthdays with dog cakes for them. I dress them up for Halloween as well. I have german shepherds (my favorite breed) so I don’t put them in strollers but I don’t hate on people with little dogs that do. So if I’m weird I’m :100: ok with my weird self.

my pets were always my babies!

2 Likes

It’s not weird, and honestly they are spending a lot of money and don’t get a child tax credit. As long as the dogs are safe and well cared for it doesn’t matter

1 Like

I have 3 kids, and still call my pets my kids. They are family

Those animals are living their best life, despite how you think their owner should keep them. Is what she is doing hurting you? You could put away your judgemental thoughts and just let each person live as they should. No one is telling you it’s how you have to do things. She is guilty of loving the hell out of her animals. Back up. For real, take YOUR ridiculousness somewhere else, I’m sure she doesn’t need your judgment at all.

3 Likes

I AGREE. Taking care of and loving an animal CAN NOT COMPARE TO RAISING A CHILD.

1 Like

No, it’s not weird. Our dogs are part of our family. Some families can’t have children.

2 Likes

I treat my kitties like babies…always buying them toys, clothes, outfits for holidays (costumes, ties for Christmas…ect). I also talk to them like you would talk to a baby lol. If they are acting a little bit off I am at the vet. I don’t play with my babies, human OR fur. I have 5 human kiddos and 6 kitty ones ATM and I know human kiddos are sooo much harder though :joy:

1 Like

We have two kids and four dogs. Obviously the the kids come first but our dogs are also spoiled. We rescued 3 of them and are happy to give them the life they deserve. If you don’t want to do that with animals it’s fine but why is someone weird because they just love their animals??? I’m sure you do stuff that may be considered weird. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Bye Felicia Mind your own business are you jealous because someone else pets get treated better than you because with this poor ignorance of a post seems like it for sure now run along and find your own life

3 Likes

No, you are just weird and most likely not an empath, maybe a narcissist :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Dogs are Better than most people. And love Unconditionally! Altho…You don’t need a Dog!!!

3 Likes

Not weird I love my pets like my children!!! I have one child and 3 fur babies now I don’t push them around in a stroller or put clothes on them because… well they don’t need clothes being in their birthday suit is totally fine (until maybe 10 years from now when people start to get offended from that too)but hey if you got the money and time to do that for your pet I’m all for it!!! Though the dog probably hates the clothes but that beside the point I think :grimacing:

5 Likes

I have kids I’ve had pets mostly cats for me I treated my cats like my babies fur babies like my kids had cats before and after kids. Didn’t dress them up though. My grandmother had a cat that she was close with the cat was buried with her .

I have two shih tzus and yes they are my children I have stroller, mine like to wear a sweater in the winter.

3 Likes

I have an almost two year old but still consider both of dogs my “kids”. I actually refer to them as my fur babies. There’s definitely a difference between parenting a child and caring for animals but I’ll say financially so far, my five year old medically complex dog costs way more than what my toddler has this far. You still have to schedule them appointments, get their shots, give them food and water, take them/let them outside (both of my dogs must be supervised outside), buy them food, get them medicine, they get sick, etc. My dog has several things wrong with him but chronic pancreatitis is one of them - so they can definitely get similar illnesses/diseases as people :grimacing: My dogs are big dogs so they don’t have strollers. They would have dog beds but my 3yo dog had a tendency to chew them up when he was younger. So I don’t think it’s weird - but who is to judge someone else for loving and caring for their dog more than what others would?! :heart:

2 Likes

My fur babies are my babies. I have a 5 year old too and she even calls them her sisters. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She must have never had a dog or loved a dog.

6 Likes

Just because you wouldn’t do it, doesn’t mean it’s weird. Just live and let live. Does it disturb your life that much, or even at all? Because it shouldn’t lol it’s really not a big deal.

3 Likes

Why did the admins even approve of this post lol? It is by far the more ignorant one I’ve seen yet.

3 Likes

No, it’s not weird to love your pets and include them in your family.

I have two cats and throw them birthday parties every year because I like to celebrate them and the joy they bring to my life.

1 Like

I hate the comparison :joy:

8 Likes

Pets are family. I have cat and soon my pomapoo dog is moving in with my son. I bought tons of clothes for her.

Yes pets are family but they are NOT your children. You can leave a dog at home in a cage or let it free roam while you go to work. If someone did that with a child they would be in a lot of trouble. There’s a huge difference.

12 Likes

It’s possible that she can’t have kids and her fur babies will be the closest thing to allowing her to be a mama. I have 7 pets and you know what it’s a lot of work. Don’t judge a situation that you don’t live. I have two kids, 5 cats and 2 dogs. Lots of love in this house…

1 Like

I have a daughter that I would give my life for and a dog that I love very much. I call them both my kids but there is a distinct difference and it isn’t the same. The important thing is she has something to give love to and receive love from.

3 Likes

I guess people have got to put their love somewhere.

1 Like

I have 2 kids and 2 dogs. And my dogs are part of the family. When my first dog turned one, I had a birthday party for him. All his friend dogs came to our house and I had dog cake and a tuxedo for him to wear. The only difference between my dogs birthday party and my kids birthday parties would be that the dogs couldn’t eat the cake together lol. Too many dogs that wanted it at the same time and a fight could have broke out if we didn’t have them eat in different areas haha.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s weird and I don’t agree with it but to each their own.

2 Likes

My grams always told us get puppies not babies lol she wasnt wrong lol i have both and we are one pack one family our animals are most definitely a part of us as a hole…the animals do have there own beds and there own space with multiple animals that’s important just like it is with multiple kids which all my kids have there own space as well…animals are way way way easier then kids but just as important!!! We would not be complete without our animals!!!

1 Like

I’d much rather see someone love their pet and treat them like their child then to see someone hurt, neglect and/or abuse them. I’m a foster for several animal shelters and rescues and it’s absolutely disgusting to see what some animals go through. With so much ugly going on in the world how could something like this bother someone ???

I don’t like the comparison because they are not the same and kids have to be raised and there’s really no comparison pets are easier to take care of….BUT… we loooove dogs and any dog of ours is family and have their own bed, lay on our sofa, we cook for them and they have coats in the winter.

3 Likes

I love my dog to bits, but she is not a child.
My actual child is much more challenging/difficult.

So as a person with both pets and kids…kids are harder.

1 Like

Is it hurting you? No. Why even expend energy on it then?

10 Likes

Obviously you have never had dogs

I made a post on mother’s day saying it’s rude to compare yourself to an actual mom and people blew up

Nope cause some ppl consider pets as their babies. Cause some ppl can’t have kids

2 Likes

Who cares, I don’t understand why people are so bothered by what other people do that has nothing to do with them :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Sometimes those who are unable to have kids I feel do this.

1 Like

Since i can not have kids i call my pets my kids all the time. i see no harm in it. really don’t think it is hurting anyone lol

3 Likes

So, some people can’t have kids. Dogs are amazing companions. What other people do shouldn’t make you feel some type of way or be your business. Let her be! Let her love her dogs like kids and be happy! If you are losing sleep over that then there’s a bigger issue.

1 Like

It’s so much easier to love animals they don’t disappoint so badly.

Some people can’t have children, it’s not weird at all it’s weird that to you feel like this leave her be she’s not harming anyone her dogs ARE her babies

My birds are like my kids. I don’t see why it bothers YOU so much. It’s her life. Some people who can’t have kids treat their dogs as children. I have 3 parakeets I count as my kids. :rofl::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I can see the love people have for their dogs but a FAR cry from children. They are animals- not humans. I LOVE animals but a human life will always be worth more. I agree- weird that some equate one to the other- not even close imho

5 Likes

Who cares , let people be!!!

2 Likes

My dogs are just as much my children as my human children! They helped me thru some of my darkest times when my kids had no idea what was going on behind closed doors! Without my furbabies, there’s a good chance I wouldn’t be here to write this comment!
If it bothers you that much, maybe you should just move tf on about ur day and not worry about other ppl and their feelings towards THEIR pets! Ain’t nobody hurtin you by being a decent fuckin human being and loving their animals…smfh ppl like u are what’s wrong with this world🙄