Is it wrong that my daughter sleeps in the same bed as her father?

Own bed but she might feel scared there cause she not there as much as your house

3 Likes

My son pretty much slept next to me till the age of 11 even tho he’s always had his own bed and he’s 13 this year and sometimes I wake up and he’s snuggled next to me it’s completely normal don’t stress

She should have her own bed so there is a choice however what goes for mum goes for dad. I don’t have a problem with snuggling with mum or dad. Please don’t be alarmist and see wrong in every action.

6 Likes

No its not appropriate! Men naturally awake in the morning with erections as a normal thing, question is answered! Not saying anything would happen although mother nature should not have to be introduced to a child’s mind for questioning

10 Likes

I loved sleeping in my dads bed! I was only there a night or two because I lived out of state but It was like a sleep over! I would wear one of his tshirts that fell to the ground like a dress and cuddle right up!

Not a good ideal at that age.own bed own room.

We’ve seen this question many times before. Not even reworded much, just fewer details than last time.

4 Likes

It’s fine if that’s where she is choosing to sleep instead of forced to sleep. She may not see him much and misses him and just falls asleep in there to be close. Honestly do you think he’s doing anything wrong? If so they why are you allowing him to even have her? My 6 yr old son sleeps with me. For the life of me I can’t get him in his own room.been in my room since birth. Is it wrong no is it odd maybe to some but it is us… not every household is the same. Ask her if that’s where she wants to sleep and if she feels safe there. If it’s her choice and is safe then let the girl get her beauty sleep.

If you are questioning this because of the new and now days of open abuse then stop. If you have seen behavioral changes and other things that make you question then there is the answer. Too many people fear now for what could be or happen then actually looking at a situation for what it is. You in your question with the details show paranoia unless there are things you did not include. If she wa 10 or 12 huge issue at 7 with divorced parent totally normal. Use gut not others experiences to ask these questions. If you gut says something is up, then no need to ask the world on FB. You already know.

10 Likes

My husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. Thank you Dr Ekule for saving my broken Marriage. Dr Ekule is the best online spell caster that is powerful and genuine. massage whatApp +2348110157541 his page_Redirecting... or [email protected]

Greeting everyone! I know I am not supposed to share this here but I’m sorry I can’t hold it to myself.
I met a lady here on Facebook who talked about how she got helped also from dr. Victoria, a lady I can never forget in my life I was almost at the point of losing my relationship and had no option to try her, I have had several cases on how people get scammed online but still went on to give a try because my husband wanted me out of his life after 7years of marriage so I had no option than to try so I contacted this lady(dr. Victoria) and she assured me of getting my relationship back,she told me my husband was lost to another lady and after 5days like she said my relationship was back to normal and my husband started showing me love again like he used to! I can boldly say the lady is a blessing to this word
I can’t be thankful enough so I just have to show my little support here by advertising her works I knows a lot of persons are going through the same thing having relationship issues in one way or the other please contact dr Victoria now for your solution! And thank me later,
Her email:[email protected]
Her Whatsup number +2349020104952

This is not a good idea. She needs to be in her own bed now.

1 Like

sometimes my son who is 14 will come and lay in bed with me for a little bit to get some time together. Age shouldnt be a factor. if hes an every other weekend dad, it might be a confort thing. Im not sure why anyone would be concerned about it being healthy at a certain age. My question is how would it be unhealthy?

You’re sexualising the relationship between Father and Daughter, and it’s disgusting.
You’re not doing the same when she sleeps with you, and that makes you the problem.

Sure, she should should have her own bed as an option when she stays with her father. But that’s not really your issue, is it.

12 Likes

A mother can be an abuser just as much as a father , why is it that what a mother can do a father can’t ? I’m sure ur ex husband puts your daughter in the bath possibly takes her swimming etc takes her to the toilet when they are out . !!!

10 Likes

My 7 year old often sleeps in my bed (her choice - I would definitely like more space at night!). Guess I must be creepy? Or am I ok, since I’m not a man? Stop making all dads out to be predators ffs.

6 Likes

1st of all your assuming? Making accusations against someone is wrong apparently he’s your ex for a reason. So if this a an attempt to make him lose custody of his child your petty as a woman. Because I’m quite sure you know he wouldn’t do anything to harm his child. So maybe your in your feelings and you should seek counseling and not seek social media advice. This is definitely the wrong way to overreact. Sorry Not Sorry.

9 Likes

My SD 4 sleeps with us and I find it inappropriate for her age if it wS every now and then ok but she will have a melt down on you telling her its time to go to her bed. When she was 2 - 3 we let it happen bc she was only there on the weekend and we have a one bedroom apartment and then I had to sit my husband down and say she needs her own bed and now she needs her own room. I would just talk to your ex and say hey I believe our daughter would benefit if she had her own space at your home too.

I shared a bed with my father and my brother for as long as I can remember. After my parents divorced!

1 Like

Shes safer sleeping in the same bed as her father than you partner you stoopid lady

4 Likes

It might have something that started off as a comfort thing but has kept going (I don’t know how long) my 7.5 year old always jumps at the chance to sleep beside mammy or daddy if either of us are away which I can see her doing gor many a year yet. Its all about comfort and security but at the same time u don’t want her getting to 9 or 10 and depending on it because she can’t sleep on her own while there. It’s probably worth having a chat with your ex to see what plans he has around this

1 Like

Pretty normal in many cultures
She’s still young xx

5 Likes

If you make her sleep in her bed at Dad’s, she sleeps in her bed at yours. Children desire comfort and parental intimacy and cuddling can do just that. But, don’t sexualize it.

10 Likes

Depends on the family dynamics and the child’s wishes.

2 Likes

If your thinking sexaul your the one whos sick in the head

20 Likes

Your over reacting… she’s 7. It’s her father.

22 Likes

Unless you have reason to believe he would be inappropriate with her, you’re overreacting. He’s her dad for goodness sake.

13 Likes

She lives with you most of the time… she probably is clingy with her dad and enjoys sleeping in the same bed because she doesn’t see him enough. It’s weird to think it’s inappropriate

15 Likes

What’s concerning about it?

She might need that security. I’d definitely talk about starting the transition to her own room but if she get scared, she can go to dad.

1 Like

Over reacting. Would you feel the same if child was a boy?

9 Likes

Daughters love their dad. Unless your ex is weird let her. She misses him. But your thought are not right either.

4 Likes

I have boy and girl. I’m still with father as well but sometimes I’m not home. They both sleep with the father. There’s nothing wrong with father sleeping in same bed as his kids

4 Likes

You’re overreacting. Unless you notice strange behaviors or different behaviors from your daughter there’s nothing wrong.

2 Likes

Hell my 11 year old son sleep me occasionally. Is that sick? He just loves his mama

2 Likes

Over reacting. You wouldn’t sleep with your 7 year old son? Same thing. It’s her father.

4 Likes

You’re overreacting!!! BIG TIME!!
Should we think it’s weird that you cuddle with her sometimes? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Definitely over reacting, unless you have reason to believe otherwise, in which case she wouldn’t be going over there. If she spends most of her time with you she probably misses him and takes advantage of being able to be next to him at bedtime. If it brings her comfort, let her have that.

3 Likes

Let your kids sleep with you until they say no. There’s no harm in that my God you are over reacting.

1 Like

You are not over reacting. Stop it ASAP.

3 Likes

Everyone is jumping to the conclusion shes concerned of the sexual wellbeing of her daughter. She’s asking if it’s HEALTHY, as in should a 7 yr old sleep in her parents bed SO MUCH. Jesus people.
I think if she only sees her dad every once in a while and he doesn’t have the space for another kids bed it isn’t a big deal, however he needs to try to get her in her own bed

9 Likes

Maybe you have daddy daughter issues to think that way? It is completely normal imo

1 Like

I have custody of my 10 year old grandson and he sleeps with me most of the time. It’s a security thing in most cases. Everyone should always know the symptoms of child abuse though. If she isn’t having any of those then it is security.

1 Like

Not at all, that’s her daddy, nothing wrong with that x

Over reacting unless you think he would touch her inappropriate, and if that is the case she shouldn’t be there at all. My child’s father baths her, sleeps with her, changes her diaper and Caths plus all of the others I listed with his oldest daughter, It’s not weird unless we make it weird.

4 Likes

My son is 7 and still sleeps with me in my bed. I am a single mom

5 Likes

Definitely over reacting my 7 year old and 3 year old girls both sleep in our bed most night with me and my husband. Your looking to much in it. If your daughter was feeling uncomfortable about the situation and your ex boyfriend is forcing her then theirs a concern but if your daughters happy and not worried about sleeping with dad then that’s fine. She may not feel as comfortable or safe at dads house so usesers his bed for security

That’s a nope. Inappropriate and I’d say something

8 Likes

My sons 8 and still sleeps with my husband and I… it perfectly normal until u think something is going on

2 Likes

My daughter’s sleep in the bed with their dad whenever they want what is wrong with that

6 Likes

She probably feel safer with him when she’s not in her home bed at your house I don’t see nothing wrong with it I think you’re overreacting

2 Likes

Maybe just the fact she lives with you primarly when shes with her dad she just wants to always be with him. I would maybe talk to him about it, I wouldnt see a problem until it becomes a problem (like she will only sleep with him and not in her own room or anything)

You can’t stop what happens at his place. Now if you suspect abuse or him having a female in the bed at the same time, then you have a case, but otherwise courts won’t care.

Bed sharing is def a personal decision, I don’t like to sleep with my kids, my ex does, I think you do what works for you, that being said, I think all children should be offered their own safe place to sleep if they choose. If she wants to sleep with her Daddy and her Daddy wants to sleep with her, obv as long as she’s getting good sleep and in a comfortable bed, let them be cozy

6 Likes

That’s her father if you had a son would you not Cosleep . I mean does she have a bed and room of her own there.

It might just be because she doesn’t get to see him as much

5 Likes

My 11 year old son sometimes wants to climb in bed with me. I am his safe space. Maybe she sees daddy as a safe space since she doesn’t see him as often as she sees you. Try talking to her and seeing why she does it. Go in to the conversation with an open mind. I talked to my son and asked him why and he simply said that he sometimes just needs to be by his mom. And that was the end of it. Kids need their parents.

2 Likes

I would be uncomfortable with it but im uncomfortable with my 6 year old son climbing into my bed. Children learn their bodies at this age and have questions and instincts that are not healthy with their family

7 Likes

What’s the difference in her sleeping in your bed then her fathers. Nothing, so get over it.

4 Likes

I slept with my mom until I was 8 lol

1 Like

You’re tripping I used to sleep with my dad on his weekends/holiday days til I was like 10 or when it rained/thunderstormed bad even older then that :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

My 8 yo daughter sleeps with her dad/my husband if I’m not home. She has her own room but sometimes wants to be closer to him if I’m gone or closer to me if he’s gone. I 100% trust him and have a close relationship like this with my dad so in our family it’s very normal. I also know that instinctively if we were say wild still we wouldn’t have our own rooms and we would all be sleeping together for warmth so it’s not at all unnatural for our kids to want to sleep with us. The only time I would be concerned is if another woman stayed over as well or if there were signs of abuse.

Since she doesn’t see him very often, it may make her feel safer to be close to him at his house. I don’t see anything wrong with it

2 Likes

These comment make me so sad and concerned.

1. she asked if it was healthy for the child, she did not mention sexual abuse…
  2. The amount of people attacking her is so concerning, saying “its sick that she would think that way” granted this post doesnt come off to me as being about sexual abuse, if it was you are all attacking her for looking out for her child!
    News flash sexual abuse does happen and is almost always a close relative or friend treated like a relative! A mother (or father for that matter) should never be attacked for being hyper vigilant when it comes to their childs safety and well being!
20 Likes

It’s totally normal for children to want to sleep near their parents. As long as you don’t feel any concern about your exes conduct, I think it’s perfectly harmless. They grow out of it naturally.

3 Likes

Would he be wrong if you had a son and he slept with you

3 Likes

Shes too old and kids shouldn’t share a bed with their parents

10 Likes

She probably does that because she sees him less than she sees you and misses him. I slept with my Dad until he married my step mom when I was almost 6. And I’m sure we would have kept that arrangement much longer if he had been a single dad longer. I’m a daddy’s girl. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My daughter is 14 and guess where she sleeps? :woman_shrugging::rofl:

3 Likes

Why is it wrong for kids to cosleep with dads at their house? But its ok for moms to cosleep and it doesnt matter how old the child is. Nothing wrong with ur daughter cosleep with her dad. The only one that is sick is you for sexaul ur daughter because she cosleeps with her dad.

24 Likes

I snuck in to sleep with my dad until I was 12 lol. There is zero inappropriate about a child sleeping with their parents. I had anxiety and fear, and sleeping near my dad made that go away. I knew I was safe as long as he was close to me.

Now, as a parent myself, I sleep with both of my sons in the same bed as me. They won’t sleep anywhere else for similar reasons. The oldest is 6. There is, once again, nothing inappropriate about it. I make them feel safe and secure, and they like Mommy snuggles while they fall asleep. My oldest says it gives him good dreams if he has hugs before bed. :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I bet it wasnt a problem when y’all were together now was it? And if she cuddles with you, why is it bad for her to do it with her father?

9 Likes

Somethings aren’t weird unless you make them weird. I personally wouldn’t be worried! I used to sneak into my parents bed in the middle of the night until I was like 10.

3 Likes

My 5 and 4 year old sleep in bed with my husband. I work third shift so by the time I get home there is no room for me in my bed and I have to sleep in my sons bed lol

1 Like

I don’t see an issue unless you feel he’s a pedophile…

2 Likes

It’s absolutely fine for children to sleep with their dads. I’m so tired of seeing the stigma around it.

16 Likes

I am in the EXACT same boat. I have a 7 and 3yr old with my ex husband. They have their own room and beds at my house, and they sleep in them. My ex gets them on weekends and the girls always sleep in the bed with him. I’ve told my 7yr old that she’s getting to big to be sharing beds with me or her father on a regular basis. I understand every now and then but I feel if they can do it at my house all week, they can do it at his on weekends. I’ve also voiced this to my ex, his response is he misses having them, and it makes him feel not so lonely.

3 Likes

My kids are 6 and 8. They’ve slept in the same bed as me since my divorce 3 years ago. They feel safe and secure. Unless you suspect otherwise, I would say its a security issue. And honestly, a personal decision of the parents. Theres no right or wrong, we all just do our best. As long as the kids are healthy and safe, that’s really all that matters :heart:

2 Likes

My parents divorced when I was 7 and when I was with my father we always shared a bed, staying up late and watching movies. I don’t think he got my room in house sorted until I was about 12 when I started having friends stay over. It’s no big deal as long as your child is comfortable still. Xx

Bro wtf I use to sleep with my dad all the time when I was little nothing wrong with it :joy: this post is stupid. Unless your ex husband is a pedophile why even post this hahahahaha fkn twit

4 Likes

Good lord! Nothing wrong with it!

I think you know your ex husband so answer your own question seriously. She probably misses him and feels safe I see nothing wrong.

Wow, this is another example of why so many dads are afraid to bond to their children due to the fear of their parental rights and behaviors being deemed “inappropriate” by their ex. Its completely appropriate and acceptable for a father to sleep with his daughter in the same bed. Maybe you should look at yourself and ask why you are so bothered by it?

15 Likes

Unless u think he’s a pedo then there’s nun wrong with it. Stop sexualizing stuff if a parent shares a bed with their child my goodness.

1 Like

It’s her father stop having creepy crappy thoughts.

1 Like

Thats a stupid question to ask. If it ain’t a problem for a child to sleep in the bed with their mom then what makes it a problem for the child to sleep in the same bed as their DAD!

When I was a kid I used to get anxiety when I slept somewhere aside from the norm even if it was with family i.e. my grandparents house. My sister and I would sleep with my grandmother. It may be a different dynamic but I think it just may be a comfort thing. In that feel proud that your daughter is comfortable enough in your care to be independent. That’s a win mama! :heart:

You wouldn’t want to know how old my grandson is. He still sleeps with me.

I think you’re trying to cope with the divorce and trying to create a problem that isn’t there so you don’t have to see the dad…

4 Likes

Omg this even a question, he’s her dad no problem there.

2 Likes

I have a 4 & 6 year old that sleep with me. I see no issue with it. Im soaking in all the cuddles bz before you know it they’ll be teens with their door shut and want mom out.

4 Likes

My 6 and 3 year old still sleep with me and their dad

1 Like

Unless you suspect he’s being inappropriate… it’s fine.

1 Like

Yes, you’re overreacting and totally gross for sexualizing your CHILD… :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Unless you have a reason to doubt. Your not over reacting mama. Many here are judging this post and saying your sick. We have seen cases and also read stories of Survivors talking about their experiences , and we learn of the evil of this world. I was sexually molested growing up. NOT BY MY FATHER, but by family, some church members and at a daycare. NO ONE BELIEVED me . I DONT TRUST ANYONE WITH MY KIDS!!! Period!;:ok_hand:t2:If you know that your X is a good dad and doesn’t give you any reason to not trust him talk to him, talk about how you feel. Talk to your daughter about it.

If there’s no danger then relax mom. :relaxed: I’m not saying your wrong. You as a mom have every right to worry and to question things. Don’t let ANYONE make you feel other wise :relaxed:

2 Likes

My almost nine year old son still sleeps in the bed with me and his dad. Hes slowly starting to branch off and more and more nights we are finding him in his own bed. But it’s never been a big deal. Some kids need the security and extra reassurance. She could just be missing him. Or maybe because she’s with you more she doesn’t feel as secure alone at his place so she wants to be close to dad. Now you know your ex more than we do. My advice is only for the information given. If there is no prior issues with your ex and any type of abuse then I’d say it’s fine and normal.

1 Like

It’s fine she still young and who don’t like cuddles enjoy few more years she won’t be wanting to cuddle also she probably missed her daddy

If she lives with you most of the time, how could she possibly be sleeping next to her dad on a regular basis? She misses him and I think it’s completely normal. One good bit of advice a therapist shared with me when my children were younger was that children can and will be able to adjust to the different expectations and routines at home vs. the other parent. He compared it to children knowing the different routines and expectations at school vs home. It’s not going to be detrimental to her for there to be different things happening in each home so long as they are healthy.
My children sometimes sleep in my bed with me and they are older than your daughter.

1 Like

Yeah my son still climbs into bed with me and he’s nine. Mind you it’s not every night. I think you’re worrying too much.

Yes you are overreacting! Smh. Would this be a question if it was you or better yet how would you feel if he questioned you on this matter ?!?!? Ugh . I truly dislike these questions.

1 Like