Is my 3-month-old fine crying herself to sleep while I quickly shower?

Honey…do whatever makes you comfortable…everone is different…i put mine in bathroom with me…when she a little older we would take baths together sometimes and older showered together. She is 33 and perfectly normal. She also slept in bed with me till she decided to sleep in her own bed. She is very self confident…she was not spoiled…she was secure and loved.

Do what u feel is best my 5 month old was recently moved to her crib the last 3 weeks and this last week I won’t her cry/whine and get herself back to sleep, it’s hard at first but better, she has learned to self sooth and we still share the same bond as always. It’s better than when I’d rush in to sooth her to sleep only to get in bed and have to get back out again and then bring her to the bed.

You have to take care of yourself too.

I struggled with that soooo bad with my first! I still do a bit and I’m on my third, but not as much as with #1. I moved his little bouncy seat in the bathroom with me, and peekabooed at him. It wasn’t 100% problem free, but at least I could see he was okay. In my opinion though, if she’s asleep by the time you get out of a “very fast shower” you’re probably fine. I think most of the “ack, don’t let them cry it out!” Stuff is letting them go like, 20-30+ minutes, you know? But the bouncy seat may be worth a try. Good luck! You’re a great mama, keep your chin up!

Don’t let anyone make you feel bad for leaving bubs to shower, we all need our time alone and for basic needs… she wont get abandoment issues while you shower for 4 minutes.
Youre doing so good mama x

I couldn’t let my tiny babies cry it out, I take them in the bathroom while I shower, in a bouncer chair, or a detachable swing base, or a portable bassinet, etc. Something that will fit in the bathroom that they will be safe in. I still do it with my 7 month old if my husband isnt home. If you feel comfortable letting her cry herself to sleep, you do that, we do what we have to do for our babies, just dont let her cry till she throws up, and at 3 months it shouldn’t be longer than a few minutes. (Don’t let her cry solid for 20 mins to a half hour or longer is what I mean) babies have no concept of time, so 5 minutes literally feels like forever to them.

1 Like

DO NOT let her cry it out!! This is disgusting!!!

4 Likes

OMG what is wrong with you people some of these responses are ludicrous. That baby will be fine if she cries for 15/20 mins so mom can shower, she doesn’t have to be stuck up her butt 24/7 girl if your baby isn’t hungry, wet, or hurt, let her cry cause the minute you start running to her every whimper she’s got you and you’ll never have any peace of mind. Don’t wait for someone to come over to shower don’t wait till baby goes SOUND TO SLEEP to shower, don’t pack bounce chairs, bassinets, etc… To bthrm to shower! if you need to shower make sure she’s not hungry, wet, dirty, or hurt, lay her in crib have yourself a shower for heaven sake. And while your in their take a deep breath & relax as long as you love her it’s going to be fine.

10 Likes

Follow your intuition. If it feels wrong. It is. And if you feel fine it is.

2 Likes

I always waited untill mine were a sleep than showed if not than put them in the bathroom with me

1 Like

Being a first time mom for only 3 months. You need to learn to be a mom as much as your baby needs to learn how grow into an adult. Don’t over think or over react to everything. This life will send your presence bundle of joy things you wish you could spare her from. But you can’t. Over time it’s your job to let her know that you love and support her. But you also need to teach her to be strong. Don’t remove all the bad things that she might face. Teach her to work through them.

3 Likes

I suggest putting baby in a pram in the bathroom with u. Slightly upright position… and u sing and talk to them whilst u shower…

I used to put my baby girl in her car seat on the floor if mt bathroom and shower with the curtain partially drawn… she saw me and I could talk to her…

There is absolutely no reason you can’t shower and let your baby cry if they have to. It’s not like your taking an hour shower, it’s probably 15 min at the longest. They will survive. And I don’t really think a baby will have abandonment issues if left to cry for a shower. People need to lighten the hell up and stop trying to shame other people for their choices.

6 Likes

I put my babe in her little tub in the shower(not undrneath the water) or in her bumbo seat right outside the shower and she’s much happier like that. Its totally fine to let them cry while you take a shower though.

A child won’t feel abandoned unless you make tge baby feel abandoned. If the baby feels that they can count on your most times, the baby will be fine. If the baby feels that they can never count on you, the baby will grow independent and distant. Independence is great, but don’t count on an independent child wanting anything to do with you when they are older. If they couldn’t count on you then, they won’t count on you in the future.

The baby’s safe … The baby’s not hurt… I’m guessing you don’t have hour long showers… Baby will be fine … I use to shower when my daughter was asleep… and if not I took her bouncer to the bathroom and sang to her while I showered …xx

2 Likes

My daughter is a Nurse Practitioner and she just had a baby. She that for the first 4 or 5 months they’re not able to soothe themselves to sleep. I dont have any judgement on anyone cuz it’s hard with to take care of yourself or do anything else with a baby.

1 Like

I would just wait until baby is asleep.
Truth is, yes a child can have abandonment issues if the child feels abandoned.
Crying due to being left alone, probably is relevant to feeling abandoned.
So, no judgment but considering the fact that research/studies prove that CIO is, in fact harmful…I personally would shower when baby is asleep. This also means you don’t have to stress or rush! Mommas need them showers :wink:

It’s totally up to you. Ignore the negative comments. Crying for a bit while getting things done is ok. I’m personally not one for the Ferber method so 1. It’s nothing close to the Ferber method and 2. It’s none of my business if you choose it.
Keep rocking and being an awesome mama. :heart:
Note: I have infant twins and a 4 y/o autistic daughter. If I had to hold all of them when they cried, I would need to hire an octopus for a nanny. 🤷

1 Like

Bless you i remember them times, as said above take a shower/bath with baby in the room then she’ll feel much better knowing she’s near you. Have you tried a dummy at all? That can help too. :blush: xxx

Lol awww…take your shower and dont worry. It’s really not that serious

8 Likes

How many mi jets would you say a quick shower is? If it’s 10 or fewer, she’s probably fine. She’s just learning how to self soothe

2 Likes

You’re an amazing mom to be worrying and no she wont have issues. I would try to take mine while mine napped in his crib and had the baby monitor in bathroom with me

3 Likes

She will be fine. You need a shower and a minute to your self to keep your sanity. It’s ok to let her cry sometimes.

4 Likes

Our pediatrician said its fine for them to cry as long as they are fed and changed and dont really need something. I always took my daughter in the bathroom with me so even if she was crying I could talk to her so she knew she wasn’t alone. I just pushed her bassinet or rock n play in the bathroom.

5 Likes

You are going to get different responses (opinions).
Do what you feel is right momma.

In my single mom opinion… Babies cry, it’s a part of their life. I went through this with my son and I ended up putting him in a bouncer with toys while I was in the shower just something to keep him busy. They are not going to hold it against you. I promise. Don’t forget to take care of yourself. :heart:

6 Likes

My pediatrician told me that babies can safely cry for up to 3 hours…not that I could ever allow that to happen, nor would I. But crying does build lung strength. So go take your shower. Baby will be just fine♥️

8 Likes

No its not mean shes learning to settle herself try not to worry :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Just breathe and take a shower she won’t be harmed by crying and for the sake of your sanity momma pamper time is necessary for our survival. Your a great momma for worrying but she will be fine

5 Likes

Even in the mommy books you can buy they say babies are the greatest mommy manipulaters aha so it’s ok. Just like u don’t hold them all the time cause they get used to the arms. She will get into a routine and won’t cry out anymore.

3 Likes

I think leaving a baby a lone to cry it out for like 30+ minutes is when that whole abandonment thing comes into play

3 Likes

She has to learn that she isn’t attached to you. She will learn to entertain herself. You have to shower. I know hearing your baby crying is hard, but you’re helping her grow. Don’t be hard on yourself

1 Like

shower when she’s asleep

4 Likes

No she is fine, as long as she is in a safe place, enjoy your shower!

1 Like

If it bothers you, bring her into the bathroom with you! That’s what I would do

1 Like

You have to have some self care time or you won’t be able to be the momma that you want to be. It’s ok for her to cry and it’s normal to feel guilty. She’ll be ok. I used to leave mine in their bouncy seats outside the shower. The combo of the bouncy seat and sound of running water seemed to sooth my babies.

2 Likes

Hun… As long as she has a full tummy an a dry behind… She will alright :heart:

11 Likes

Your alright it will strengthen the babies lungs as doctors use to tell me

5 Likes

you are doing fine momma!!! take your shower, im sure your little one would prefer to cry for 10-15 minutes then be nuzzled up to a funky smellin momma LOL <3

4 Likes

Shower, you cant take care of your baby if you dont care for yourself first. Itll be okay mama :heart::heart::heart: I did that today TBH lol

4 Likes

In the long run… only you will probably remember or care in 5 years. Personally I couldn’t stand the screaming so I either waited for nap time or took the baby with me and played peek a boo with the curtain after I dragged the high chair in the bathroom. The pack n play didn’t fit in my bathroom.

4 Likes

It’s fine if it’s a quick shower aslong as she’s safe she will be ok

I take my baby in the bathroom with me while I shower I use to use a boppy pillow to put her own, now I use a walker bc ahe bigger, never ever left min3 cry like that, but I’m totally differnet wirh her bc ahe was a micro preemie baby…

2 Likes

Should be fine. But excessive crying before 6 months can be dangerous, because the brain can not be getting oxygen

2 Likes

Take your shower mama

1 Like

I put my son in a bouncer in the bathroom at that age he could see me so he was ok. Then around 4 or 5 months I used an excersaucer in the bathroom

2 Likes

I’m going through the same thing, I hate to let him cry!

She’s fine. You have to shower and make sure you are still taking care of yourself and or other children. If I didn’t shower bc my children cried I wouldn’t shower for the first 2 years of their lives :grimacing:. If they are fed, changed and safe in their bed, they are fine!!!

4 Likes

I always put my little guy his carrier in the bathroom with me so I could see and hear him. That way even if I couldnt hold him he knew I was there

1 Like

Your baby will be fine. She will not feel abandoned nor remember anything from this age.

1 Like

I let my kids cry it out , I learnt a pained cry compared to attention and they ok they 21 n 24 and we so close

2 Likes

Take shower after you get her down for nap

2 Likes

Just curious, why doesn’t anyone shower while they nap? But putting them in the carrier in the bathroom with you is the best option, they feel better hearing, and seeing you. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Why can’t you wait until she’s fully asleep?

6 Likes

I used to put my son in his bouncer as he wouldn’t soothe and I was a meas but a little time out is not gonna harm her. Sometimes that’s the only few minutes you get in the day.

1 Like

Take care of yourself yes… but it’s also important to quiet the cry. You have many many decades to live shower love … but you only have a few months to soothe your child.

2 Likes

If baby is fed, clean diaper, clothed for environment and in a safe place it’s OK let them cry for a bit.

2 Likes

She’s simply asking for an answer to the question she’s asking. Not for your two cents about her life. Be nice guys.

4 Likes

Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t properly take care of yourself while your baby cries. How do you think colic baby moms get through it? A little crying isn’t going to hurt her.

2 Likes

Absolutely not as long as you hear them it’s okay is what my kids doctor told me!

1 Like

I usually would put her bouncer in the bathroom with me and made sure she had toys to occupy her … she would fall asleep with the sound of the shower though lmao …

I remember times when my forever screaming daughter nursed while i showered. It was a hard time but she is so tightly knit into me now and in my opinion it is because even though i could not stop her crying she always knew i was with her.

I always just took a bath and put her in her chair next to the tub, she’d just sit and watch me, easy as pie!

I put my babies in a stroller and showered with them or took a shower when they were napping :zzz: But when my son was 4 1/2 months old it took just two nights to get him to sleep through the night. We let him cry himself back to sleep. It was amazing :wink: From then on slept all night. They do learn to calm themselves down:-) Good luck mama! I hope the baby stage good for you :heart:

3 Likes

I used to wait for nap time (when I only had one) then when I had two+, I usually put baby in carrier in bathroom WITH me (to protect baby from older sibling) or waited for nap time if I could. When I had to work and had to shower at a certain time, I let the baby cry it out of need be… I shower in 10 mins or less.

If she’s dry, fed and comfy…she’s fine :grin::+1:

1 Like

Put her in a bouncer n take her in the shower where she can see you x

1 Like

Bring little one in the bathroom with you or have someone watch her might be a better option but she will be ok if you occasionally HAVE to go that route

You’re baby will be fine you have to make sure you are taken care of too!

1 Like

Take ur shower. Care your shower. Make sure babe is well prepped before showering. You could try bringing her into the bathroom with you, in a seater of some sort. Keep the door open so it’s not to steamy. Or try waiting until babe is fully asleep before jumping in if it makes you less worried.

Regardless, your baby will be fine. Provide extra snuggles afterwards :two_hearts:

I’d put my son in his swing (portable) and sit him where I could see him and just talk to him the whole time I showered that way if he fussed I could talk so he would know I was there or I would put one of my shirts by him so he could smell me that worked too

1 Like

My son had colic really bad. I had to do the same thing.

Momma, if baby is fed and changed, then you are just fine. You dont need to feel bad, or guilty because you need a few minutes to shower, eat, etc… :blush:

3 Likes

Let her cry. Shes fine

5 Likes

As long as she has a clean diaper, full tummy & has been burped you are good to go. Hun you also have to take care of you & showering is part of that. Relax she won’t remember mom took a shower & I cried until I fell asleep. Hugs & relax you got this

9 Likes

I showered with mine or had her in the bathroom with me. But your kid is fine.

Pediatrician said as long as they arent hurting them selves or throwing up its fine for babies to cry it out

7 Likes

It always broke my heart to hear my babies crying for that long so I put them in a bouncy chair or something similar and put that on the bathroom floor while I shower. It’s hard when you are a single mom or if dad works long hours, so you do what you have to do.

1 Like

Baby will be just fine dont fret you got this !

1 Like

I used to put my baby in the bouncer and brang her into the bathroom but left the door open so it didn’t get too stuffy in there.

I would shower with my son in his bouncer just so he knew I was there especially if he was awake.

If she’s crying, she’s breathing. Sometimes you need to take a few to breathe. Take care of yourself & as long as she is safe/fed/clean & not being left alone for an extended amount of time, she is ok.
Ten minutes to wash your hair is ok, momma!

12 Likes

You could put her in the bathroom with you for the steam is calming. It’s also good to let her self soothe but I’m old school so it might not what advice new parents really want to know. Thats how I did and my kid is 24 now.

2 Likes

Under no circumstances should a baby cry it out.

12 Likes

She’ll be fine. I’m a single mom and had no option but to let my son cry just so I could go take a shower. I usually would bring him in there with me or have him right at the door so I could peek out at him and talk to him.

2 Likes

Use your gut mama :slightly_smiling_face: your instincts will tell you what to do. But Keep in mind, every baby is different, and crying is the only way for a baby to communicate. I’m a stay at home mom so I can shower when the baby naps. But if you’re working, I know that makes it a lot tougher! Best of luck

2 Likes

It’s okay. Yes it’s going to hurt your feelings. But you gotta shower and eat.

2 Likes

She will be okay, enjoy your shower and a few minutes to yourself you deserve it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We used a bouncy seat at that age

Sometimes she’s just tired, if you’ve made sure everything is okay with her (not hungry, not in need of a diaper, not hurt, etc) then i’d say it’s fine to have a shower. I used to let my niece rocker herself out because my mom would always sleep with her, so she was really used to sleeping in bed with someone, but she’d go to sleep just fine by herself after she cried.

1 Like

She will be fine💗take a shower and relax

2 Likes

You are doing great mama. Letting her cry it out while you take 5 mins to yourself is not going to harm her.

4 Likes

If nobody else is home to watch them, I take mine in the bathroom in a bouncer and sing to them and play peekaboo with the shower curtain while I shower when they’re little. Sometimes they cry but I reassured them with my voice and showing them I was still there. I’m not a fan of cry it out, but sometimes babies cry and you have to get something done. 2 of my 3 HATED car rides when they were little and would scream, but you still have to drive places. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

I took mine in the bathroom with me. Lol

3 Likes

As long you can see and hear baba all is fine . I usually take baba in the bathroom with me

2 Likes

Babies cry so dont feel bad about that…but too much crying can make them start to hyperventilate…at least that young…but u need to take care of yourself and as long as u r quick enough n baby is safe n taken care of, it’s fine. If it weighs on your conscious that much, my suggestion is to either shower when napping (which ik u want to be able to rest yourself so it’s a catch 22 lol) or bring baby close by to bathroom and leave door open. That’s what I did w both my kids when they were that young. My 2nd is still a baby but an 11mo…I now just listen out w the video monitor near by, shower when asleep, or most of the time his dad is w him. But ik its tougher being a single mom which I was for some time w my 1st. I totally get it. Ease your heart n keep her closeby or napping, but plz dont feel guilty for caring for yourself if LO cries a little in the process. U got this hun

Letting them cry it out is fine as long as you listen for any distress she will be fine

3 Likes

Wash ya hair momma. That baby will be fine.

8 Likes

I wish so much i wouldve let mine cry and not comforted her EVERYTIME. I wish i wouldve listened to people that said “the baby WILL live” lol shes over 4 now and still cant be in a room by herself for more than a couple minutes. She will barely play by herself. I wouldve had her sit by herself sometimes (obviously in eyesight) to learn alil independence. every mom is different and so is every child so go with what you think is best and it will be okay.

5 Likes

It was always said if they are fed and dry crying won’t hurt…it always worked with mine

1 Like