Is my fiance right to be upset?

I dont get why you or he is upset :thinking: Arnt you getting paid?

4 Likes

Erm. It sounds like you aren’t even going to be at the house very long or much
 That’s like telling your boss at a regular job you aren’t coming in because they are going to be there and they can do the job themselves :woozy_face:

I would say yeah both of you are overreacting, especially if this is your sole source of income for yourself.

6 Likes

Why would you not work if you have a job? Dad will be focused on a game and not able to be responsible ot attentive to the kids, but isn’t that your job? Is he to go elsewhere to participate in the game? Your fiance would rather you not work? That’s what I’d worry about

1 Like

Maybe it is just me but i have never paid anyone or asked anyone to take my children to the doctor. If their dad is home that seems like its his responsibility to take his children to the doctor :thinking:
I think you are correct in considering this situation odd. There are some boundaries that are being broken regardless if you are being paid for the task. If you do not feel comfortable doing something, speak up for yourself.

2 Likes

It’s not appropriate IMO, especially if that’s not a typical arrangement. I wouldn’t want to be alone in a house with a man who isn’t my husband, whether I am paid or not.

1 Like

Are you getting paid for it? If so it should not matter what they are doing as you are employed by them.

2 Likes

I mean he is taking the day off to do something he wants to do. So he needs a sitter. He still is paying you. If he works hard and pays you on time every week I really don’t see the problem. He deserves his personal time also. It just happens to be something in his home.

8 Likes

If you’re getting paid then why does it matter if someone’s going to be home or not?:woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Dad take him
Point blank

If its a paying job i dont think it matters
ive paid a sitter while i run errands and get cleaning done

5 Likes

Being upset makes no sense, having blundaries and refusing to do a service does. If you don’t feel confortable then don’t, but this sounds more lime you and your fiance need to talk about what makes him upset.

3 Likes

Uhmm. how did this go from babysitting to a problem? I wouldn’t be getting married if these are your trust issues 
 I can send my man to work entirely with women all day with no effs givin. Are you making money? Then do your job? Hanging out at a friend’s.house.with her husband for free to do what he could be doing? Then he should have a problem

3 Likes

If you are getting paid it shouldn’t matter if you are not getting paid then yeah you should be upset because that could be a day off for you which you should probably deserve if you don’t get paid

2 Likes

Well I think if they are paying you it shouldn’t be a
Problem. Everyone deserves a day off once in awhile

Are you still getting paid? Why are you worried about what they’re doing? They’re paying you for a service, it does not matter what they need you to babysit for, you’re still going to get paid.

5 Likes

I’m a babysitter. I don’t ask where the parents will be or what they’re doing. They could be out to eat or at the gym, idk. Idc. I’m paid, they trust me, and that’s none of my business passed that.

And as far as him being there

that’s between you and the friend and your trust. Do you and your fiancĂ© trust this person? Are you comfortable around him?
I personally only have two friends, lol I trust them wholeheartedly and would absolutely help out with their kids whether their husbands were there or not. The moms I keep kids for on the daily

idk all their husbands. The ones I do, I wouldn’t mind. The ones I don’t, I would decline if this was the case.

Literally this question you’re asking comes down to whether your fiancĂ© trusts you, and whether y’all trust this dad.

5 Likes

You’re getting paid to provide a service. If they need you that day and are paying you and it’s a normal day that you usually work
then you’re not in the right to be upset. If my job calls and says no one is coming through the door right now but you still have to come in am I going to be mad? No. Because I’m getting paid and it was a day I was supposed to work. And what if something ended up happening and they really did need you.

5 Likes

I would fire you personally. It’s absolutely not your fiance’s place to be mad that you’re doing your job. You are being paid to provide a service and if the dad is going to be busy doong something else and they want you to do your job like usual you should. Sou ds to me like your fiance is just jealous and controlling.

13 Likes

Your boyfriend has a trust issue he is the one you should be getting rid of and do not marry that man. I had a boyfriend like that he was insanely jealous and my life was miserable he did not trust me to go to the grocery store I had to account for every second I was out of his sight
I had to tell him who I was with and was allowed no friends. Get rid of the boyfriend and do not marry him, you will regret it

5 Likes

Lots of work at home parents still have babysitters there while they do work at home. If you’re getting paid shouldn’t be an issue ?

6 Likes

Over reacting. Who cares who will be there. You get paid for a job and if you do not want to do that job then move on so they can figure something else out.

1 Like

If you’re still paid for babysitting there’s zero problem. Clearly there’s something with the friends husband that both you and your husband are weary about, whether it’s past relationships, whatever. There is no issue other than whatever you guys are creating in your head, again unless you aren’t getting paid cause he’s there.

1 Like

You’re definitely overreacting. Video games might not seem important to some people, but for those who do tournaments it’s a commitment just like a job would be, so think of it like he is working from home, even if it’s a ‘hobby’. At the end of the day your friend is paying you to help run their household, so if that means being available when her husband is not, then do that. And your fiancĂ© needs to calm down, if he’s having what seems to be trust issues w who you’re around during the day then I would reconsider actually walking down the aisle. Control issues always start small and subtle and the next thing you know you’re isolated and afraid to do anything without their permission. Only speaking from experience here.

4 Likes

If she doesn’t have an issue with paying you to babysit and being around her husband all day then you and your fiance should follow their example of how grown folk operate.

16 Likes

I’d be mad but only because I’m sure they get a discount being your friend

If it is a normal day you would work and you are getting paid then no you do not have a right to be upset nor does your fiance.

Definitely over reacting. They are paying you to do something it doesn’t matter if he takes the day off to do something or not. Do you have kids? As a parent sometimes you get to do stuff with your child and paying a babysitter is part of that. I’m not sure why your upset. It doesn’t matter what the parents are doing its a babysitters job to baby sit

2 Likes

I paid our sitter one time to still come over after I called in. Then showered and ate while she was here before leaving to go have lunch with my mom. I guess I hired a babysitter for a certain amount of time on certain days regardless of what I do. I didn’t say it’s up to her to decide whether or not I actually need or should get a sitter that day? If you have a problem with it, find a new job. Maybe you’re annoyed but you’re still getting paid. I can understand if you agreed to only do this to help them out while they’re working but if you’re a hired And paid babysitter, I don’t see what the issue is.

8 Likes

I feel like he has the right to be upset. You shouldn’t have to babysit if the parents are home, unless of course they are working from home, and need assistance with the children. Looks like those parents would just rather pay you, than to be PARENTS. I would definitely have a chat with this friend of yours and come to some agreement.

4 Likes

Totally overreacting actually.

2 Likes

You’re getting paid, who cares what he’s doing. He could be sleeping all day as long as you get your money at the end of the day.

4 Likes

Are you helping a friend or is this a job and your getting paid? For you said this was a job not doing a friend a favor so why are you both over reacting

2 Likes

I was a Nanny and expected to be there if they were home. I was still the boss and the kids knew that. Awkward but it was what it was.

Or and this is a big one, you could get a real job and help your fiancĂ© out with bills without having to be with another man all day. I wouldn’t allow my wife to with another man alone in someone skewers house. Causes trust issues and that’s no way to begin a marriage.

4 Likes

I used to babysit 3 kids when their father worked right upstairs from home everyday. Yes you’re overreacting and your fiance has trust issues I’d say you need to sort out before you get married.

6 Likes

He’s overreacting. People are allowed to have days off but if you already committed to it then he needs to stop being a baby and grow up

Oh good grief, if you’re getting paid, what the actual fk is the problem? :grimacing::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Sometimes as parents we just need a break or to sleep in, and if you’re getting paid for it I don’t see the harm

4 Likes

Your fiance, bf,husband does not have any right to tell a woman when and where she can work. He can voice his opinion but respect your choice. That’s number 1. Number 2 if you have concerns about friends husband coming onto you then you can make the choice not to work for them at at all. Number 3-this is a job-what they do with their own time is their business- they are paying you for a job.

10 Likes

Are you getting paid? If so, you’re their employee and should really be there whenever asked.

I have co workers that take a week off for some huge international gamer thing
 all they do is stay in the chair and look at the screen all day. But that’s what they like and they don’t want to be bothered 
 I work from home full time and when I would take days off, our sitter would come till I need her because it’s easier to get things done

Don’t over think it

3 Likes

Well if her husband is going to be home then you don’t have to babysit their child and take the child to school

He may be your fiancĂ© but he doesn’t own you.

4 Likes

Your overreacting. If they need the assistance and you’re getting paid to be there why complain. I have a person come by my house 1-2 days a week for a few hours to give me a little time to get things done that I need to do (I have a 4yo, 2.5yo and 15mo) I am almost always home during this time.

4 Likes

He is over reacting and so are you

6 Likes

If his gaming isn’t normally causing him to neglect his adult responsibilities let the guy have one day doing what he enjoys

He’s going to be too busy playing video games to watch his kids so you’ll need to be there. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They are paying you for a job, just do it whether person is home or not.
Also concerning your fiance doesn’t like you working with a dude home.

1 Like

Are you being paid? If so, it’s still your job

2 Likes

Wow. Definitely overreacting and it does not say good things about the future :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

8 Likes

If I was your friend, and you voiced that concern to me
. I would probably just find a different permanent sitter. The reasoning is kinda weird (the husband will be home but engaging in a video game event and not able to focus on the child) and you’re getting paid. I would probably seek employment elsewhere if I were you :grimacing: This may just not be a good fit for you. Preserve your friendship and move on.

2 Likes

very confused, If you are still getting paid, what is the problem???

2 Likes

Your man is trippin, and just being controlling or jealous. They need you to still do what they pay you for
.he took off work to do something
you and your man and being petty af.

4 Likes

You can get paid for gaming. So realistically he could still be working. Even if it’s just for fun, this isn’t something uncommon. if the wife were the one taking the day off, would your husband still be insecure about it? Highly doubt it. Recognize the red flag and ask yourself why it’s such an issue that you’re going to do your job.

3 Likes

Future hubby sounds like he’s going to be very controlling

8 Likes

I’m also a babysitter I have a family that the dad takes fridays to take care of his dad ( doctors groceries) you are doing your job an as long they are paying you to watch there kids

2 Likes

If you’re getting paid
its your job, regardless of if he’s home. Also, you said he’s home for a video game event. He can’t just put the game on pause to do the job you’re paid to do and then go back to the game. It doesn’t work that way. You stop playing, you’re done. So yes, you’re both overreacting, and yes, you should be going to work and doing your job.

3 Likes

I used to babysit all the time when the parents were home. They had dinner parties and I had to watch the kids. I also went to FL as the nanny for a week and the parents were around. Your fiancée needs to realize that sometimes the parents need extra help even tho they are around. :triangular_flag_on_post:

6 Likes

You’re over reacting. They pay you to babysit. It isn’t your business what they do during that time.

6 Likes

I would definitely say overreacting. Sounds like it doesn’t happen much, your still getting paid, and your friends with them. But if you feel like your being used or disrespected I would work somewhere else so you don’t hold resentment and would let them know. You should give them at least a 2 week notice so they can find another sitter.

1 Like

"He took the day off for a video game event " it doesn’t matter what he takes hos day off to do ! 
 it matters he is Still doing something that requires his attention to be on something other than home. They’re paying you right ? They asked you to be there to do your job as usual? Then do it ! That’s your responsibility to do your job when asked. If you don’t like it then quit. No one asked you to judge him on his day off abd choice on what he is doing

6 Likes

Are you being paid for said babysitting? If so then neither one of y’all should be upset over it.

1 Like

I Bet some of these Women that are saying he’s over reacting, would change they mind if they man was staying with staying with another woman!

2 Likes

Aren’t you still going to get paid? Also you made it sound as if there is no babysitting just dropping kid off at school and taking your friend to a Drs appointment

2 Likes

You sound young and immature. If it’s a job and you’re being paid then yes, you go to work.

7 Likes

Your job is to babysit not focus on what the parents will be doing while you babysit
 you are definitely overreacting
if you are more focused on the parents business and not your job sounds like you need a new job

6 Likes

Sounds your man is going to be the controlling type. Think again about marrying him. I’ve done been there . It’s not fun

10 Likes

If you are being paid,its your job. No different than a boss being at a regular job
boss is there doesnt mean you go home
its a job

Now if youre not being paid
i would be slightly annoyed and ask to be paid because well its a JOB.

1 Like

If you’re going to be paid for it then calm down and go baby sit.

5 Likes

Are they still going to pay you? Because he would originally be working, but he will still be otherwise occupied where he cannot watch the children. Whether it’s work or other events, they still asked for your help. Does it matter what he will be doing?

Sometimes parents need help for other reasons other than work.

2 Likes

There shouldn’t be a problem watching the kids with dad there and maybe dad just needs a break and if they are still paying you then it should be ok with future hubby. If he is upset about this then he has trust issues and those need to be dealt with long before you say"I do".

3 Likes

I mean, your getting paid, it’s a regularly schedule day.

I have take a day off from work and still sent my son to preschool because I had plans and wanted to do something for myself. we’re all human

I would much rather have a babysitter there paying attention to my child/children instead of my husband who won’t get off the game watching

2 Likes

If she’s paying you, go.
If he’s doing a video game event, he clearly can’t watch the kids and leave the house.

I hate video games, but it’s some people’s thing and if that’s what they choose to do with their time, that’s their business. If you babysit for them, it’s when they need it.

2 Likes

As long as they are paying you to watch the children I don’t see an issue. Honestly I think that it was very responsible of the parents to hire you while they knew his attention would be elsewhere. Work and kids constantly really takes a toll. Parents need time to decompress.

7 Likes

Over reacting !!! It the guy took off to do this thing it was to do his thing 
 nothing to do with your Job or agreed obligation of baby sitting unless it was extra time they were burdening you with but if was just because he was off no one hadn’t got a thing to do with other . He’s entitled with out ok’ing it with the baby sitter ??? Come on

1 Like

I would absolutely need a babysitter if I’m doing a gaming tournament, it requires hours of focus and you can only take breaks during scheduled allotments. Basically a job in itself. And you can win money if you fair well. Plus, if you’re part of a team, you’ve got other people depending on your full attention. Just because you have kids doesn’t mean you can’t have hobbies. So if your hobby requires your full attention, you’re gonna need a babysitter. If the concern from the fiance is coming from a place of love, like maybe the husband had creeped you out before and now your fiance is worried about your well-being, then that is understandable. But if he is just being jealous and controlling because there’s gonna be “another man” there, that’s not right. You should have total faith in your partner and if you don’t, you shouldn’t be with them. There’s men everywhere, if you got a different job there’s gonna be men there, too. Is he gonna stop you from going to work every time he feels threatened? Because yikes.

3 Likes

In my opinion, you guys have NO TRUST. That is a big red flag :triangular_flag_on_post:
This should not be an issue. If he is going to be playing in a video game tournament and you are watching the kids, both of you should be busy.
Maybe could your partner stop by whenever he wanted to help him feel more secure :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Do only what you agreed to do it’s that simple.

Are you getting paid?
If you are, then it’s really none of your business what they’re doing. If you’re getting paid, they can sit in the living room and watch Netflix all day long. Stay in your lane

2 Likes

Cassandra Remillard most video game event have certain times to be on and time limits. If it’s just an one in a while thing, then it shouldn’t be a problem. Especially if she already thought she was going to be working. Everyone has their own hobbies.

Be professional and do your job. There shouldn’t be an issue.

It’s your job who cares who’s home

If their paying you then why does it matter if their there or not

Your job really isn’t any of your boyfriends business. Sounds like your future hubby doesn’t trust you
I’d look into that.

1 Like

So let’s be real here
it’s really about your fiancĂ© doesn’t want you around another man alone.

Gross. You need to run. I agree with everyone else that if you’re being paid, it’s a regular day you’d be there anyway, and dad is going to be occupied, then what’s the problem? I have our sitter come sometimes when I’m home so I can catch up on other things etc. Sounds like fiancĂ© has trust issues or something.

23 Likes

If you’re getting paid why does it matter?

2 Likes

I mean yes you have the right to but should you be? No, it’s your job isn’t it? Your fiance doesn’t trust you

2 Likes

If you’re getting paid then I would go. It’s your job. And although he’s gonna be home he’s gonna be busy.

1 Like

I can 100% guarantee that if the husband is gaming he won’t even know you’re there! When they’re “plugged in” to a game they tune everything out, which is why they need a sitter.

4 Likes

I mean, it’s not like they’re asking you for a favor to go to their house and do this. It’s a job and they’re paying you for it. If it was the 1st of them just asking you yo do something for his convenience then yes you’d have a right to be upset, and a right to say no. You can still say no, but you’re turning down work. Did you want the day off and still get paid? Or a day off and lose pay?

1 Like

Over reacting 1000000%

6 Likes

This used to aggravate me to know end when I baby sat bc I had no warning. It’s one thing if your working from home or they have to recover from surgery or something but not for video games. Your kids can tourmemt you and make you loose your round đŸ€·đŸŒ

If it’s suppose to be a Monday to Friday thing and they are paying you then that is your job.
If you don’t have set hours then decide for yourself if you want to or not, it’s money for you and your fiance so why not

4 Likes

You’re being ridiculous. He took off work for his gaming torment, he clearly needs to focus on this. If it wasn’t important he’d be at work. Most have certain times you have to long on & there are time limits. There’s no just pausing it. You’re being asking to do your job, you can’t be upset about that :joy: you’re being paid, who is and isn’t home isn’t any of your concern.

1 Like

This is called :star:TOXIC :star:. That’s literally your job. Obviously he isn’t going to be able to take care of them because he’ll be busy. They pay you to watch their children. There’s obviously very little trust on both of your parts

3 Likes

It’s your job, if they are paying you and it’s your normal day to work, who cares? Get the money.

1 Like

You’re both overreacting. Who cares if he is home. If they’re paying you why does it matter.
And if your man trusted you he wouldn’t be angry.

3 Likes

BTW, your fiance thinks your gonna bang your boss.

6 Likes

It’s your job? Your fiancĂ© should have nothing to do with it, it’s YOUR job.

4 Likes

Its not you or your hubbies business what anyone is doing. Your JOB is to babysit if you’re getting paid for it
your hubby has no right to tell you what you can or can’t do as a grown adult. If you want money then do it, if you want to cater to your hubby’s selfishness then don’t.

6 Likes