Is my husband being unreasonable?

Is he willing to spend the same about on you?? Tell him you want a weekend get away together.

Buy him a plain jersey and use a sharpie to write in his fav team lmao. Ohhh don’t forget to video his reaction when he opens it and share with us. ( Ik I’m being mean lol ) but I’m serious

1 Like

Get him a piggy bank with a roll of quarters in it.

5 Likes

Don’t do it! He is being extremely selfish and unreasonable.

4 Likes

Nah. You’re not unreasonable.

1 Like

My husband wouldn’t ask that from me knowing finances are on a strict budget.

3 Likes

Extremely immature of him.

2 Likes

Sounds like your being the more logical and responsible one

3 Likes

My ex-husband was this way.

1 Like

Maybe get a t-shirt instead … they have shirts that have jersey logos on them

2 Likes

We personally have a 400$ budget for each other. So yea I’d buy it for my husband but that’s all he’d get. No stocking stuffers either. But we can afford it. If you can’t then yes super unreasonable.

2 Likes

I understand not wanting to exchange gifts at Christmas. My husband and I decided against Christmas gifts for each other. Just gifts from the kids. It is too much and it’s a bit stressful especially when you are on a budget. We all have expensive things want. My husband sends me expensive things all the time. I save them and try to get them for his birthday. Maybe you could try and save money here and there and one year get it for him. Don’t feel as though you have to do that for him now.

1 Like

Sounds like you have 4 children.

4 Likes

You should make an equal spending limit of $100 or less for each other

1 Like

Save than rather spend on something he’s only gonna wear once?

https://share.socialearn.co/u/kimackay1228

Don’t go broke over a gift for Christmas. You’ve stated you guys live paycheck to paycheck already. I wouldn’t het it for him. I got my husband a small gift, which ilhe found early. :roll_eyes::laughing: But we won’t go broke to get something we want for Christmas.
I say, don’t get it, if he wants it, he should work more house to get it for himself.

2 Likes

Men are just wild. Mine asks for crazy shit we can’t afford too you’re not unreasonable

What baseball jersey cost $400 ? :thinking:

2 Likes

Print out a picture of the baseball jersey and wrap it up!. If you live pay check to pay check how on earth can you go out and buy him a 400$ present I’m gonna guess here but I bet you don’t even have that to spend on each child. He’s very selfish and immature

7 Likes

We always make sure we get each other things for our stockings then if we can swing it we will set a price range we can spend on each other. As long as the kids are covered we are good.

I personally think its wrong, id rather have nothing xmas is about children and family not expensive gifts

1 Like

Sounds like you have four children!!

2 Likes

No way! $400 ona baseball jersey?!

1 Like

It’s a guy thing, but then again…do you want a coach handbag?

3 Likes

Ask him for a $400 gift card to your favorite store

4 Likes

Hell no! That’s so materialistic

Look to make payments like Klarna, Afterpay, or Sezzle…get that man a jersey….geeesh or ask him to wait until his birthday

5 Likes

So my husband and I do gift exchange, I bought him a $400 gift ($429 to be exact) and I sent him a coat I want that’s $399 but I try to stay around the $400-$500 range with our birthdays and Christmas, we aren’t wealthy either and We have 4 kids but he will work extra and I will do more photoshoots to get money to buy the gifts. gift giving is one of our love languages though. Maybe it’s your husbands as well. For me it’s my biggest. We also start buying for our 4 kids in August usually so we have plenty of time and aren’t scrambling. So personally for me I would say do it! I know it’s harder with multiple kids, but I didn’t want to stop our gifting each other bc we had kids so we buckle down and spread out our spending and it’s almost always a really good Christmas. We have each of our kids one big gift (from us) and then random other items from Santa and stockings from Santa. Even if we didn’t gift exchange we wouldn’t go overboard on the kids bc I don’t want them to expect that in case we ever do get into a bind. But

2 Likes

Do what your bank acct can afford. If its pay check to paycheck, then 400 bucks ain’t it.

9 Likes

My husband and I are not exchanging and put it all towards the kiddos. They are the ones that matter most. Honestly, presents have never mattered much to me though. I get being a hard core fan of something (but when your pay check to check) you support in your heart and head lol!!!

2 Likes

If he works and provides for his familey and if it will make him happy ,do it! You will never know the differance a yr from now.

2 Likes

I would check Marshalls and TJ Maxx for a jersey that’s close enough, but less expensive. This way u can get what he is asking for without breaking the bank.

There must be a site online that does copies for alot less only we will know lol !!

I made a christmas gift for my fiance. Cost me less than $20

1 Like

Get him a gc with $100 and have him save for the rest lol times are hard for a lot of people

no you’re not being unreasonable at all, we are kind of in the same boat in my household, but we are getting each other one gift (with a 40 dollar limit!) 400 dollars is extreme to say the least. he needs to think of something else if he wants to exchange gifts given your guys financial situation

1 Like

Have someone make you a look a like maybe for way cheaper.

Check DHGATE for a knock off :rofl:

4 Likes

Check eBay but I think he is being ridiculous.

1 Like

We don’t buy gifts for each other, our financial position is about the same, so this makes the most sense to us.

3 Likes

No it’s not unreasonable to not buy it. But definitely something he can look forward to cause you now know what he wants. So ask him about a back up gift

1 Like

Not at all we’re doing the same thing :blue_heart: we can spoil each other at tax time. We know we’re getting gifts from family still so it’s not like we’re not getting anything.

Wow. Dont exchange one gift on xmas and never over $200 spent on each. 400 to 500 is a lot to me! Id rather spend it on kids

6 Likes

It’s my birthday today. And me and my husband are kind of the opposite to this; he wants to spoil me on my birthday and I always want to have extra to splurge on for the kids at Christmas. It’s deffo unreasonable of him.

It depends. Being paycheck to paycheck is almost everyone’s situation. You need to both treat yourselves sometimes and its very important. Yes you and your hubby should get each other a gift for Xmas. If you can swing that jersey for him and make his day then do it. If you can. Dhgate has knock offs. Check there. He won’t know lol

1 Like

No you are not being unreasonable. He is the one being unreasonable that is a lot of money to spend especially when you guys live pay check to pay check and you have kids to buy for. My and my husband don’t exchange gifts we worry about our kids first and then close family like my mom, nephew etc…

3 Likes

Yes. You said it yourself. Yall both work full time and busy your asses. For what? Let the man have something he enjoys

We usually don’t buy gifts we have a dinner date for us or a couple’s massage after Christmas that way we get a date night together

Your husband being a dick. Tell him so. And then tell him, NO, GET OVER IT. Men are nothing but over grown children! That have to be told NO when they want stupid crap. It’s too expensive and not for a good reason. If it was a tool for work I would say buy it and shut up about it. This however is not something he needs, it’s not necessarily, it won’t make anyone life easier or better, it’s just absolutely stupid.

Are you even spending $400 on all the kids? It’s ridiculous… shoot $400 I think of what I can do to my house and not wear on my back. He can save and buy for himself.

4 Likes

It blows my mind that someone living paycheck to paycheck would want a $400 shirt.

8 Likes

I’ve bought cars for less than that. No, you’re not being unreasonable.

1 Like

If the whole family has what they need during the year, why blow it all away for one day? Why don’t yall just spend it with family and relax? I’m not buying my kids anything because they have more than enough items but i did go to the usual donation place for clothes and food so I found them stocking stuffers.

No you’re not. Maybe you should suggest instead you two going out for an evening instead of exchanging gifts. Especially with that kind of request.

Skip the adult gifts this year.
He is being self-centered … Dads don’t do that - :confused:

2 Likes

Idk. I’m kind of torn. I mean if you’re always working and never doing anything for yourselves, I can see why he’d want something for himself after working so hard and so much. BUT I also understand that on your end, you’re thinking about how else that money could be used and how it’s needed for your childrens needs. $400 is a lot. But again “if” he doesn’t ever get anything for himself,maybe it’s not. $400 could also go towards quite a bit of toner things when you’re paycheck to paycheck though :grimacing:

Get him a gift card to the place that sells it for the amount you can afford… he can save it and then for father’s day and his birthday do the same thing and then he can buy it .

6 Likes

Tell him to buy his own Christmas present :grinning:

1 Like

If I’m living paycheck to paycheck no way am I buying a $400 gift for anyone🤷🏻‍♀️. He should know what your finances are and a request like this is may be the reason you’re living paycheck to paycheck? Does he spend money on frivolous things like this often? That may sound harsh but if you’re truly living paycheck to paycheck he has no business requesting a gift like this. If it was something that he was using on a daily basis or something that he used like a tool that he could make money with by doing jobs… maybe but a freaking jersey? No way!

6 Likes

Me nad my boyfriend decided this ywar not to spend a lot on each other bc we have 3kids now and we’d much rather spend it all on the kids. When i asked him what he wanted for Christmas he said socks, jeans, and a carhartt so thats what he got. I asked for my favorite perfume and that was it. Tell him maybe wait til taxes when you have a little more extra money.

3 Likes

Maybe he was just kidding.

Maybe instead of the $400 one find someone to make it? There’s a lot of people who have machines and make them. A customs made one will run u maybe $100 at MOST. And they’re not that hard to do. I make customs and I’m sure a lot of others in the group do and maybe someone in ur family/friends? It’s really common now. Sure it’s not the one he wants but if it looks the same does it matter?

Edit:if u don’t know anyone that does customs let me know and I can help. Christmas is hard for everyone. I know this year has been crap but $400 is a lot! Most people wish they had that just for Christmas on their kids or bills

Please join this group! It’s for men and women in DV situations or that have been in a DV situation before. It’s used to find support, advice and resources from those who have been through the same trauma during a relationship. I hope it can help at least someone.

Ur not being unreasonable dont waste money on something stupid like that ur kids getting gifts really r more important then a stupid shirt that costs that much

No. He is being very immature.

1 Like

Me and my husband have 3 kids and we aint getting us adults anything cuz our children getting something is way more important being with each other is also important since covid its hard on alot of families to pay their bills or get their little ones anything for Christmas

Maybe a t-shirt and hat gift set instead- i get it he wants something nice for a change and thats understandable considering a required uniform- but thats not practical for the family by a long shot.

is he actually gonna wear a $400 dollar shirt? or is this just for the wall? that’s like a whole paycheck. nope

1 Like

We don’t exchange gifts typically… I mean I’m grown I work if I want something I’ll just buy it I don’t have to wait until Christmas. We just buy for our kids.

2 Likes

No He is being very unreasonable and egotistical. Please do
Not get it for him. Your children should always be your first priority

I think a combined he/she gift is just fine and works well. Shop together, buy together and enjoy together. I’d tell him so sorry honey but Santa can’t fulfill all the things on the lists he gets so we’re concentrating on the kids this year :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

You are right. Thats a lot of money for someone who lives paycheck to paycheck. Thats how we are too. My fiance and i arent exchanging gifts. We are just doing gifts for our boys.

Living check to check…why you keep having kids?

7 Likes

So, I don’t think you’re being unreasonable. But I know my husband and I do exchanges on Christmas. With that said, we’ve never demanded each other to do this nor have we asked for things we couldn’t afford. Is there ANYTHING else he wants? I know a cool and kind of cheap idea is to do what I call a manquet. It’s just like a bouquet but I made the flowers out of some fake stems and burlap. I then taped mini alcohol bottles and chocolate to each stem. It was all held together by a couple of cans of Budweiser and with some burlap tied around in a pretty bow. If you Google it. I know other people have made this too. Gifts don’t always have to be expensive or store bought. The most expensive part for that gift was the alcohol lol.

2 Likes

Rephrase. You have 4 children. Buy it and let him be happy. It’s silly, yes, but little things can make a hubs happy? Money doesn’t last forever but someone’s joy does.

6 Likes

You should always get your spouse exactly whatever they want!

5 Likes

No you’re not unreasonable. That’s ridiculous. I asked for headphones and a pair of comfy pants, he asked for a hoodie.

1 Like

Definitely ridiculous of him.

BUT if that’s what he wants, I would buy it personally…

2 Likes

He works, he is always in work clothes get it for him and dont be so lavish with the kids stuff

1 Like

You have just explained why your living paycheck to paycheck.

2 Likes

It sounds like he needs to grow-up.

Ya he’s crazy. Maybe he’s just asking for something super over priced so that you’ll agree to something cheaper but still expensive like a ps5 or something

That depends do u gift him during the year while he works to provide i mean yea its alot but its really not if its only once a year he gets appreciated and vice versa 🤷

1 Like

Common sense if you can’t afford to have another kid why have one it ain’t rocket science!

2 Likes

My husband and I have decided not to exchange gifts this year because we want to focus on the kids. Your husband is being very unreasonable and immature

3 Likes

Give him an I owe you, when we can afford it!

3 Likes

$400 for a shirt? :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

No your not. Stop having kids if life’s hard. It takes 2 to make babies. My eldest aged 50yrs came instead of a washing machine, my next 46yrs was a 3 peice suite , and finally the youngest 42yrs was my own house. Lol if you expensive things don’t have kids or marry someone with Pitt of money.

4 Likes

It’s best to exchange something small, or for the family. Discuss and set a spending limit for your gift exchange.

When our kids were little we couldn’t afford to buy for each other. Our joy was being able to buy for the kids

2 Likes

If you can afford it get it if you have the kids sorted get it if you can get something nice for yourself then get it but if none of those have been sorted or is possible don’t get it, something smaller might be better or wait til the sales it might be cheaper :hugs::heart:

I didn’t even spend $400 on 4 kids.

5 Likes

Wow. He needs a reality check.

6 Likes

Me and my husband don’t exchange gifts since kids. They come first.

4 Likes

My husband and I aren’t exchanging gifts either. We would rather be able to afford to buy for our son, nieces, nephews & our parents.

1 Like

I’d just print a picture of the shirt and frame it for him. It will have to do for this year :gift:

7 Likes

No your not, but sorry men it’s a guy thing. My husband does the same thing

This year we got a heat pump water heater because there is a huge rebate and we are looking at possibly selling. It will also save us money over the next year and pay for itself. So I’d say he’s being unreasonable. We don’t normally buy for each other especially if we can’t afford it. The kids and othe family come 1st.

Its not unreasonable for him to want something for Christmas from his spouse. Its not unreasonable for him to want something expensive. It is unreasonable to expect/only want the expensive/unobtainable gift.

2 Likes