Is my little girl too old for this?

Let your daughter be a child, they grow up so fast these days. If your sister doesn’t like it, she can just keep her distance.

2 Likes

It’s a comfort object and she’s little still. Kids lean on objects that make them less anxious. Would she rather your daughter be anxious and act out in public? My son is 7 and takes his chicky everywhere and it makes him feel safe. Ask your sister if you can take her cell phone and say it’s embarrassing that she takes it everywhere.

My son is 13 and if he goes to a friends house he takes his dog pillow with him and he has a friend who comes here with his special pillow I don’t see any thing wrong with it my son doesn’t take it out in public just when he goes on over nights

1 Like

My kids best friend is a box named “boxy”. Hes 6. Its actually signs of a healthy imagination…let it grow. :heart:

I’d have some few choice words for my sister if mine ever said anything that yours has.

2 Likes

She’s not too old, your sister needs to mind her own business and stop making little remarks to you. My neice will be 6 in less than 4 months and still carries her strawberry shortcake doll around. If your sister is threatening to take it away when YOUR child stays with her, I wouldn’t let her stay with your sister anymore. Seems like your sister is the one that needs to grow up and know her place.

5 Likes

I have my teddy that I have had since I was a baby and I will curl up with when stressed or just when I can’t sleep. I also have my baby blanket that I still have in my bed. My 5 month old daughter uses both these to cuddle with and play with and loves them. If you told six year old me I couldn’t have my teddy I would die.

3 Likes

When she gets too old she will put it down herself. She probably getting some kind of comfort from it. I say let her be a child because once those days are over your gonna wish for them back. Tell your sister if she feels like she can’t have it at her house then don’t let her go. You don’t want to upset your child over what your sister thinks is inappropriate. Also by allowing this your teaching her that other people opinions are more validating than what actually makes her happy.

4 Likes

Let her and Bun Bun be. Bun Bun makes her feel safe. Said sister dosnt like it that your LG still needs Bun Bun then said sister dosnt need your LG at her house.

5 Likes

Im 46 and still have my security blanket! If she is embarrassed, tell her to stay away, who cares what others think

2 Likes

Shes 6 not 16. Give the kid a break. In saying that. My son was attached to his dummy so I made a rule that he could only have it in bed and if he wanted it when he wasn’t bed time he would have to go lay in his bed with him, needless to say that detered him from wanting it all the time

2 Likes

My son just turned 9 and still has his blanky. He carries it around the house, sleeps with it, takes it in the car if we go out, etc. He takes it out of the house less now than he used to, but he still likes having it around. It’s his comfort. It helps keep him calm. Why would I ever take that away?

We live in a world were people expect our children to act older then they really are… Let that baby have her bun bun until she chooses she’s done. Six is such a magical age, their imaginations run wild!:heart: As for the sister I’d tell her to raise her own kids however she chooses & to leave your kiddo and bun bun out of it.:woman_shrugging: You’re the only person who truly knows what’s in her best interest. You got this!!:heart:

2 Likes

Smack your sister upside the head and never leave your child with her.
If ANYONE took away my kids’ comforters, I would go to prison. How on earth can people be so ok with hurting a child?! No. Just no.

4 Likes

No leave her have her security object as long as she needs it.My daughter had one as well for years she called it baby…eventually she grew out of it but still has it to this day.Shes 14.i keep it in her keepsake box.

It is perfectly normal for your child of 6 or even older to have a stuffed animal or even like some, like my daughter a blanket, for comfort. I would tell your sister to mind her own business not let my daughter spend the night with her. It is not her right to take away your child’s Bun Bun. My baby brother had a teddy bear, Enoch McCasky, from a baby till now even though he is 58 years old.

2 Likes

absolutely not , my daughter is 6 and has a bunny her names is puffles she takes almost everywhere with along with 1 of the 7 soft blankets she has in bed with her every night / takes everywhere … not gonna lie i even let her take a blanket to restaurants sometimes (depends where it is) :woman_shrugging:t4: they are children , let them be :purple_heart:

1 Like

Not at all! My daughter is almost four and is very attached to her flower blanket. Even if she were an adult, it still wouldn’t be a problem. If it brings them comfort, that’s all that matters.

Don’t let her stay with your sister.

6 Likes

My daughter is 9 and has a Bun Bun and “Blanket” as well. She sleeps with it every night and can’t not sleep without it. I do not tell her she’s too old for it, and I don’t think she is. She doesn’t take them everywhere now but she used to and I’ve never said a word about it. She’s growing out of it on her own, as will your LG. Let them be little :heart:

She’s only 6! It’s totally fine. (I actually still have some stuffed animals from when I was a kid and I’m 30. They mean a lot to me because of the reasons my family bought them for me.)

I’m autistic if that means anything, but at 20 years old, I walk around with my Build A Bear Stitch Stuffie. It’s a security thing for me. Nobody has ever been mean to me about it. People love him. It’s not harming anything but what IS is that your sister takes away her security. It’s like taking away someone’s emotional support animal!

Dude when she is to old she will stop. Your sister needs yo leave it alone. Its not harming anyone. Im 30 and have a teddy bear named Fredrick my sister gave me almost 10 uears ago when k had my accidnet and i have and sleep with it every night. If yout sister is gonna threaten to take bun bun away then dont let her go over. Thats so ridiculous of her.

1 Like

My kids had blankets when they were young. They were not allowed to take them out of the house except when we went on trips. I didn’t want to chance them losing it. They were ok. When it was time to make them new blankets I took them shopping for the material and they picked out what they wanted. They had them until they decided to let them go. They might even still have them packed up somewhere!! I wouldn’t leave my child with your sister after her remarks. I wouldn’t trust her with any child! She sounds like a heartless beeyatch!!

These questions give me triggers to I have no opinion on my side.

Ah no. You are never tomorrow for bun bun!! We are too busy trying to make our kids be too mature, too soon. Let her be and tell people who say anything to f#&k off.

1 Like

She’s not too old! Let her be little while she’s still young. Tell your sister to mind her business and I for sure wouldn’t let my child stay with her.

2 Likes

Leave her be… She loves it and she would be heart broken.

LG??? Just say daughter or little girl?? Why do ppl wanna abbreviate everything? But don’t take her bunny away! It’s not hurting anyone! And tell your sister to mind her business, your daughter is only 6!

I still have my childhood teddy Humberto I still sleep with him. After my father passed it’s the only thing I really have left from him. He passed when I was 6. Don’t take Bun Bun, you don’t know what simple stuff animal might mean to her. Or she will grow out of it… tell your sister to mind her business

2 Likes

Shame on your sister. Definitely don’t take it away

So I am 22 years old and I still have my piggy (first toy EVER) and no it isn’t attached to my hip but it is well taken care of and put up safely but I couldn’t part with it until I was like 10 because it was a comfort thing especially when I had to stay away from my parents so my advice is slap the shit out of your sister and tell her to mind her damn business and if she touches bun bun your foot will go up her ass cause she did not carry and raise your kid my aunt tried to do that to me and she took my pig and I couldn’t sleep without it and when my dad found out I never went back over night because it was uncalled for

My LG is almost 6 as well and has a baby blanket that she’s had since the day she was born that she has to sleep with it has to be a specific side of blanket to which she refers to as the softy side . I don’t care what anyone says I will never take it away from her it comfort hers and we all have or do something that comforts us . Kids grow up fast enough on their own why rush it . Let her be little and enjoy her toy her comfort item . Tell your sister if it bothers her that much maybe she should look in the mirror and see she’s the one with the real problem .

1 Like

Your sister needs to mind her business😔 I am 34 and still highly value my childhood teddy. She will lose interest in her own time (if at all) and that is completely healthy and fine as long as she shares herself with others as well and her relationship with her Bun bun isn’t affecting other aspects of her life. Your sister is the only one worried about it so perhaps she should figure out her own issue🤷‍♀️

Life is Short! If she wants to keep her best friend close then she should. It is nobodies business!

there are people 40+ years old with their “blankies” still. let her have bun bun as long as she wants :pleading_face:

My grandma beat up my little sisters teddy bear and were adults now and she still brings up how grandma beat up her only friend. Your sister could cause way more trauma. My little sisters 33 and still has that teddy only now he’s flat as a board

1 Like

My daughter is 7 and in 2nd grade and has a little stuffed dog. She calls it baby pup. She sleeps with it and takes it places with her (except school) and plays with it daily. She won’t go to bed until she has it with her in bed. So your daughter is not to old for her bun bun. Let her be a kid for as long as you can and she wants. Don’t worry about what everyone else says or thinks.

My son just gave up his squish (blanket) this year and he’s 9. If it’s a comfort to her, I see no problem. And if your sister takes it away I would be a livid mama bear.

1 Like

No I don’t think it’s hurting anything I’ let her have him until she dosent want him anymore

Not at all,your daughter has a right to have a stuffed animal that she loves,let her keep it,it’s not hurting her.I had a stuffed dog that I loved & I took him everywhere & I still have him,passed him onto my 5 year old boy & he loves him

I was 10 when I stopped sleeping with a teddy :rofl: I don’t think too old at all!

My daughter is 11. She has a teddy she has had forever. It still sleeps with her. She’s takes it with her on vacations when she’s gone for a long time. Let kids be kids. They grow up too fast in today’s world. Let them stay little as long as possible

1 Like

This is my 6 year old daughter with her stuffed unicorn. She loves her unicorn cause she bought it with her own money. She eats plays and sleeps with it every night and is very upset if it gets lost. This is a 6 year old who has an imagination and plays with real friends, nothing wrong with having something that she loves and gives her comfort

Um, no she is not “too old” for that! She is a child!? I am 30 years old and still have my puffalump aka Mr. Rattles from when I was a baby. I of course, don’t take him places but I sleep with him every night! Why are people making kids grow up so fast? Let her be momma, tell your sis to shush her mouth! She’s a child! Keep on living bun bun​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Tell your sister to buzz off and if she tries to take your daughters toy there’s gonna be hard words

Your sister needs to back off. Especially after the past year and a half we’ve ALL had- who the heck is she to look down on a child’s comfort item/need for one? Tell her to mind her own children.

1 Like

I think it’s your child you know her best. If she wants to keep Bun Bun till she 100 let her do it. As long as you and your girl are happy.

There are grown ass adults who still have their childhood toys. I even do mostly to pass on to my daughter but it’s still the matter of. Your sister is horrible and needs to back off and stay in her lane. It’s something that brings your daughter comfort and joy. Let her hold on to that.

My son is almost 5. and I will never take away his (buddy) AKA “blanket” that he has slept with since birth.

I would suggest telling your sister to seek counseling as she obviously has underlying issue she needs to have resolved if she’s that worried about a six year old hurting her image. Looks like your sister also needs to realize she’s an adult and not in high school anymore, it’s time to grow up and realize she’s not as popular anymore as she thinks she is

She is fine I had mine forever and I thing I am fine.

Wow, 6 years old is too old now to have a soft toy ? What’s next? How ridiculous, tell her to mind her own business and have some respect.

1 Like

Tell your sister to piss off. Not her kid. My son is 6 and carries his mickey mouse blanket with him everywhere, besides school, of course. He’s had it since he was a baby. And I’ll never tell him that he’s too old for it.

First of all your sister sounds like a real shitty person and I’d tell her to eff off, but that’s just me :joy: My daughter is almost 7 and still has “Bearsly” a teddy bear that she got from the hospital when she was 3. She sleeps with it, takes it in the car, out to eat with us. Almost every where except school and sports. I’d never dream of taking it away from her. Let your little girl keep that bunny as long as she wants.

My daughter just turned 10 and had a stuffed pig whom she has named bacon :rofl: and has had it since she was born and doesn’t let that pig go for anything other then school. Let her have bun bun.

1 Like

I think you should let her keep it. I still sleep with a stuffed animal, as an adult. They are comforting. Nothing wrong with it.

No! She is not too old! If she were my sister, I’d tell her “up yours and around the corner” and to mind her own business - that is YOUR baby, not hers! I had a bunny that my momma had made from the time I was a wee toddler up almost to the end of my elementary school years and I took her everywhere with me - if it wasn’t her, it was my “linus” blanket. Unfortunately, my bunny got forever lost on the bus never to be seen again and my “linus” got so torn from adventures that my momma had to pack it away (but I have it now at 31!). Anyway. You let your daughter decide when she is ready to nestle away her Bun Bun or until it’s been so well loved that it needs to be nestled until she gets older.

3 Likes

No, I didn’t stop sleeping with my baby stuffed animal until I moved out of my dad’s house. I’m 23 and passed it down to my firstborn

Tell your sister to mind her business and it’s your child. She’s shaming her 6 year old niece. She’s a baby- if it makes her happy, there is nothing wrong with this

1 Like

i’m 20 and still have my baby blankie :woman_shrugging:t2: i sleep with it every night. if somone has an attachment to something from their childhood leave it be. it’s not like it’s harming anybody. one thing to do is maybe don’t let her take it to stores/ public places, but in her own time it’s fine.

I’m 40 and my baby blanket is still on my bed. She’s fine. They grow out of these things when they are ready.

Its embarrassing? Ha yeah teach ur kid to not do something based off fear of what someone else thinks , that’s what’s wrong with our society , it’s always oh she’s too old for dolls or u shouldn’t do this cause ppl will laugh , bruh who the fuck cares if she’s 20 and still has it ? Cause society says it’s bad we follow like mindless sheep’s? In my opinion let ur daughter keep it , embrace it and tell ur sister it’s not her place she need to stfu. I’m sorry but teach ur kid how to be them self’s regardless of how others view them

1 Like

I still have so many stuff animals that I usually sled with on my bed and I’m 21 if someone likes a stuffed animal and it makes them happy then so so be it, especially if they are 6 years okd

No don’t take it away. If she grows away from it then let it happen and if not let her have the Teddy.

I have this mini pillow my mom made for me when she was pregnant with me and I still have it. I always take it with me when we go on vacations or sleep overs… Etc. It comforts me and I feel home when I have it. Btw I’m 24 and its with me for 24y and my mom helps me make new covers. I don’t see it as embarrassing. Let you baby girl have it. Also its non of your sisters business.

1 Like

Tell your sister to back the fuck away from Bun Bun and go get herself some serious help. God forbid a 6 YEAR OLD have a favourite toy… far out

My son had a “pup pup” that he had slept with until after 14. Now it’s just won a shelf in his room. It was his comfort item for 14 years . I seen no issue with it

1 Like

Your sister is a bitch. Let your daughter have BunBun as long as she needs her. If your sister is do uptight about a stuffed animal your daughter doesn’t need her.

Tell your sister to get lost.6 years old and already to old? Seriously? Let kids be kids. Id seripusly tell yoyr sister to mind her buisness and back off or dont come over.

5 Likes

Honestly, your sister is a witch. Tell her to f off.

3 Likes

To old?!?!?! Wtf one of my kids is 17 and still takes a blanket and a stuffy almost everywhere. And not even the same ones, her favorite ones change after a while. I’m 38 and while I also dont have a specific one I have teddies I love and sleep with. He’ll I’m I’m in the hospital right now have been for almost 3 weeks and will for another 6+ weeks and I have my sloth stuffy next to me right now. I even bring him to my xrays and shit too :laughing:

2 Likes

My six year old still misses his original Chase (it was accidentally left outside overnight and was then full on maggots). We have a substitute Chase now. That is his baby. He tells me am babysitting while he’s at school. He asks me about his day after school. My child is outgoing also and makes friends easily. He also is normal.

My Son is 8 and has “bear” with him all the time, except school. I’ll never take her away from him. It’s his security. Your Sister is in the wrong, kids are made to grow up too quick, please keep on what you’re doing x

2 Likes

Let her keep bun bun!!! My 4 year old also has a stuffed bunny that we call bun :heart: she is the exact same way! Inseparable from it!!! O could never take it away from her and if anyone else did without my consent i would be raising some hell :100::100: let her keep bun bun and screw what your sister says. She sounds like a b!

My son is 9 and has a gorilla named fufu lol he’s had it forever and I don’t plan on getting rid of it. He doesn’t carry it around but It wouldn’t bother me if he did. Sounds like your sister needs to mind her own business

1 Like

My little boy is 10 and sleeps with his blanket. He calls it his silky its a silk baby blanket. He has had it since birth. I feel sorry for your sisters kids if she has any. Tell her to mind her own business.

2 Likes

I’m 30 I still have my build a bear comfort dog from when I was 5/6

Absolutely not!!! My niece that is 13 has a stuffed wolf that she’s had since forever! That’s her security blanket. Your sister sounds like a mean bitch!!!

No. Your sister needs to mind her business and I’d try to find a backup just incase

2 Likes

My 8 (almost 9) year old has a special BunBun. As her mom, I’d kick anybodys butt for even thinking about taking it away from her. BunBun (aka NanaBun) was a gift from her Nana when she was a baby. She has always been attached to it and even more so since we lost Nana 4 years ago. I don’t see my daughter ever giving up BunBun completely and I’m okay with it. If anyone is… they can mind their own business.

Don’t let anyone break your baby’s spirit, mama. Tell em to stay in their own lane.

Bless your little girl and her bun bun…we are grown up for such a long time!

My daughter is almost 7 and has a wolf she won’t stop carrying everywhere but to school (took me a while to convince her) and it’s totally normal. Let her be a kid and tell your sis to mind her own business

1 Like

It’s a comfort thing. Same thing with kids having blankets. Let that baby keep her bun bun and tell your sister to mind her own business

1 Like

Don’t take that bunny from that baby.

1 Like

She will never be to old! Let her do her as long as you are ok with it. She is 6 for crying out loud. The sister needs to but out! My son is 10 and has a couple favorite stuffed animals he sleeps w every single night :crescent_moon:

1 Like

Let her keep her Teddy it’s a comfort thing children are only children for so lomg

1 Like

So I have this bear that I got at 4 years old. His name is Mr. Bear Bear. And my parents probably thought that he was just something I’d forget about. Currently, he is in MY 4 year olds bed. I have had that bear for over 16 years now. I slept with him till I was 9. Don’t take their comfort away. I was 16 still hugging that bear and crying :joy::joy::sweat_smile: I’ve now passed him down to my son :heart:

2 Likes

It would damage her if you took away bun bun.

1 Like

Let her keep it and tell your sister to mind her own bun buns. :joy:

3 Likes

Let her have wonderful adventures with bun bun always .and tell your sister to kindly back off .

3 Likes

That’s her security blanket :heart:

1 Like

My oldest is 13 and has Boo Bear. She’s had him since she was born. She even took him to school and left him in her back pack. Eventually she stopped taking him everywhere the older she got. And now he stays on her bed. I never forced the separation. And she managed on her own. Who CARES what other people say is whats right for your child. You know what is best… and if shes happy let her be. She won’t carry Bun Bun around forever. Sooner rather than later Bun Bun will stay on her bed, her own CHOICE.

3 Likes

I’m 38 and still have my puppy from when I was little. I sleep with him when my depression or anxiety gets the best of me. You’re never to old for a stuffed animal that brings comfort. Do not take Bun Bun away from that baby!

3 Likes

I am 26 & still have to have my baby blanket to sleep

2 Likes

Tell your sister to mind her business.

3 Likes

I still have my Dorothy the dinosaur I’ve had since I was a little girl and I passed it into my daughters.

1 Like

I will fight for Bun Bun!!! Don’t you dare !!!
Ignore all of them.
Let them be little
-Mother of 3. I’ll fight for your baby’s rights to a Bun Bun, too.

5 Likes

Your sister needs to mind her :honeybee:swax and truthfully if she feels that strongly about it, I don’t know if I would allow her to stay overnight at her house anymore because Bun Bun might suddenly go “missing” and then you and your sister are gonna have real problems.

No she is not to old dont take it from her

1 Like

My daughter has one I got and she’s 5 don’t take it away

1 Like

My 13 year old son sleeps with a teddy bear named wally he’s had since birth. DO NOT TAKE BUN BUN let the girl have something that she loves. My moms ex took my security blanket when i was little and im still messed up about it.

1 Like